Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445054 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
I have been here trying to prove my integrity for months, I have had deals on Nairaland with no single report of crime which anyone can confirm. All these times that I sold phones, not one single person called me out as a scammer. Why should I start now.

You guys should remember that I'm still a human being and I have emotions. On a day I just want to celebrate and have fun, someone came for me again. Why can't he let today pass and come back tomorrow

Please enjoy your day and be merry.
I don't know why it seems people are being unnecessarily hard on you. You make 18k doors, I never saw where you said you can make 50k doors for 18k. O gini di?
Meanwhile happy birthday

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Person2person:

mahogany wooden door is stronger and more expensive than the hollow flush door.

we can give you quality door with your budget, talk to us call/wasap 08063073913

pic 1..... mahogany panel door

Pic 2.... HDF solid flush door

pic 3...... hollow flush door

Do well to state the prices for the 3doors.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
Here's another member the makes great quality doors. They are not N18K and are for the chairmen. Ofe Owerri is not cheap grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3691502/doors-cabinets-wardrobe-other-wood

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

Thumbs up for Antirust.
this is sample of the door I described. All these printed designs doesn't come as 14guage pan rather they come as 18guage. Anywhere you see those printed designs, they are simply 18 guage but that's not what your welder will tell you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
soonest:

Please enjoy your day and be merry.
I don't know why it seems people are being unnecessarily hard on you. You make 18k doors, I never saw where you said you can make 50k doors for 18k. O gini di?
Meanwhile happy birthday
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
this is sample of the door I described. All these printed designs doesn't come as 14guage pan rather they come as 18guage. Anywhere you see those printed designs, they are simply 18 guage but that's not what your welder will tell you

Nice!

Me I don’t like prints.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

Me I no too dey like designs.

This was done for 35k? When?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Dont take my word sir....but why do you want 0,55mm steptiles?? This is really unnecessary...0,45mm would do the job jeje...residential buildings like this 0,45mm aluminum sheets are just enough for it..obviously its your build and money...you can spend however you want...just my 1kobo comment ...welldone

Muyi002:

Yeah, it's ensuite.

A contractor on nairaland has proposed 2200 per sqm for 0.55. However I am seeing another person who will purchase from Lagos at 2000. What I have is a total of 400sqm

I am doing my findings carefully.

Below are my calculations
Aluminium -Step tiles from Lagos
General 0.55mm = 400sqm @ 2200/ 2000= 880000/800000
Ridge Cap = 70 metres @ 800 = 48000
Gutter Valley = 10 metres @ 800 = 8000
Parafet = 6 metres @ 800 = 4800
Nails and other accessories = 25000
White 11/32 = 3 lengths @ 1000 = 3000
Transport = 50000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
My brother seems u are new to this thread?
Can u stop wasting your time on those two empty things? Do not let what they say move u oo. They are full of mouth! Continue marketing your work, those that will patronise will do so. Don't waste your time trying to convince engunmoaji & brabus(next), they have nothing to offer u. If u were here when this thread started, u would know those two! If u like, continue wasting your time on them, na u sabi.

Those that patronize vendors here don't make noise about it!

29 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

Nice!

Me I don’t like prints.
and that's what I talk about. I will give you options and allow you to make your choice. I make doors with 18k doesn't mean that I can't make doors with 100k and above. It's all about the choice of the customer and his spending power.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
dongc:
Dont take my word sir....but why do you want 0,55mm steptiles?? This is really unnecessary...0,45mm would do the job jeje...residential buildings like this 0,45mm aluminum sheets are just enough for it..obviously its your build and money...you can spend however you want...just my 1kobo comment ...welldone

I've never used steptiles just longspan so maybe that's why but I find that .55 gives crisper lines and doesn't crumple too much.

Could it also be dependent on seller/manufacturer?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Please if u are a vendor here, so long u have no intention to defraud people, do not let anyone intimidate u or call u any unprintable names. No one have the right to call u fraud, if no fraud case has been presented against u by any member here. Because u seek patronage doesn't mean u should accept any bullshit thrown at u.

23 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
mrsteel:

Can u stop wasting your time on those two empty things? Do not let what they say move u oo. They are full of mouth! Continue marketing your work, those that will patronise will do so. Don't waste your time trying to convince engunmoaji & brabus(next), they have nothing to offer u. If u were here when this thread started, u would know those two! If u like, continue wasting your time on them, na u sabi.

I'm new here. I describe my work because I know who will patronise me is at the background figuring out the difference between different doors and why their cost varies. The questions they ask helps me explain those things.

I think calling them empty heads is a bit of an over reach. It's the internet and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I hate however is Egunmogaji calling me a scammer without proof. It's a faceless forum if not,he will have to prove it to me how I am a scammer or provide whom I have scammed before. Libel is still a crime everywhere in the world

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
mrsteel:

grin grin grin All is well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Some years back, I saw a N2,000,000 door (close to pic 1 below) at Swiss Trade, VGC Lagos. I approached the local carpenters at the sawmill in Ijebu Ode/Itokin road to make a similar door for me at a very ridiculously cheap price.

A lot of people felt like it’s impossible or the materials used for the door are inferior. Of course, I got my hinges, locks and handles from quality hardware store grin I didn’t take a gamble on that.

Interestingly the door is still as good as a new one in my kitchen.

Did people agree with me? No!

Is the door serving it’s intended purpose in the house? Yes!

Did I pay N2,000,000 to get almost the same door? No!

Was it the same finish? Absolutely not but it’s good enough for the intended purpose.

I know there are people who can produce good doors half the price. The challenge is they don’t carry tag.
So I believe it’s possible BUT you need to know what you’re bargaining for and the areas of compromise.

_____
Sorry I won’t be able to tell you how much I made the door but if you search you’ll find. It’s on one of my thread.

Ridiculously cheap at Ijebu Ode Sawmill.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
dongc:

My brother your words and advice are golden. I just want the best of the aluminium roofing sheet since I am unable to afford stonecoated again.

Thank you for your observation and input. It is golden once again.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
I'm new here. I describe my work because I know who will patronise me is at the background figuring out the difference between different doors and why their cost varies. The questions they ask helps me explain those things.

I think calling them empty heads is a bit of an over reach. It's the internet and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I hate however is Egunmogaji calling me a scammer without proof. It's a faceless forum if not,he will have to prove it to me how I am a scammer or provide whom I have scammed before. Libel is still a crime everywhere in the world

You’re blessed!

Grow through what you go through
Whatever challenge you’re going through right now should teach you how to serve your customer better.

The major difference between me and you is that you don’t have convincing evidence. And that’s fine. We start somewhere.

All the doors I’ve shared aren’t on my client’s project. I do them as DIY so that I can be showing you every details as you’re requesting for them.

Don’t run away from the things that’ll shape you in life. And don’t be sissy! grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I've never used steptiles just longspan so maybe that's why but I find that .55 gives crisper lines and doesn't crumple too much.

Could it also be dependent on seller/manufacturer?

Bros, please could you explain better. I beg

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:

Don't let others perception get to you or discourage you, you know yourself better, whether a scammer or not...... there's nothing wrong making product at cheaper rate below others expectation...... One businessman want make 100% profit while another may decide to make 10%, it just business strategy.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
mrsteel:
Please if u are a vendor here, so long u have no intention to defraud people, do not let anyone intimidate u or call u any unprintable names. No one have the right to call u fraud, if no fraud case has been presented against u by any member here. Because u seek patronage doesn't mean u should accept any bullshit thrown at u.

@Mrsteel, I agreed with you 1000%. Let the buyers decide. No need to intimidate the poor guy or call him a scammer; until someone here accused him of being scammed.
Everyone knows that doors get levels, no need comparing apples with oranges. Buyers should do their due deligence.

Hajji M.

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:
Some years back, I saw a N2,000,000 door (close to pic 1 below) at Swiss Trade, VGC Lagos. I approached the local carpenters at the sawmill in Ijebu Ode/Itokin road to make a similar door for me at a very ridiculously cheap price.

A lot of people felt like it’s impossible or the materials used for the door are inferior. Of course, I got my hinges, locks and handles from quality hardware store grin I didn’t take a gamble on that.

Interestingly the door is still as good as a new one in my kitchen.

Did people agree with me? No!

Is the door serving it’s intended purpose in the house? Yes!

Did I pay N2,000,000 to get almost the same door? No!

Was it the same finish? Absolutely not but it’s good enough for the intended purpose.

I know there are people who can produce good doors half the price. The challenge is they don’t carry tag.
So I believe it’s possible BUT you need to know what you’re bargaining for and the areas of compromise.

_____
Sorry I won’t be able to tell you how much I made the door but if you search you’ll find. It’s on one of my thread.

Ridiculously cheap at Ijebu Ode Sawmill.
I like the way you are objective with your enquires and opinions. Just because I said I make doors at #18,000 doesn't mean that they are not durable and with standard.

Some people believe that it must be expensive to be good but I can't stop them

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

Don’t be angry with us.

Here if you offer us something at a ridiculously cheap price, we will ask you “How much for the original one?”

It’s left for you to convince us beyond reasonable doubt that you’re right and we are wrong.

That might require you sending a sample down to Ibadan for us to dissect grin

That’s who we are over here! We are not mean grin

Hmmh! Wonders will never end
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

You’re blessed!

Grow through what you go through
Whatever challenge you’re going through right now should teach you how to serve your customer better.

The major difference between me and you is that you don’t have convincing evidence. And that’s fine. We start somewhere.

All the doors I’ve shared aren’t on my client’s project. I do them as DIY so that I can be showing you every details as you’re requesting for them.

Don’t run away from the things that’ll shape you in life. And don’t be sissy! grin

what further explanation and evidence do you want. I uploaded picture of what I'm working on currently and someone compared it with a finished work and said he understands why my doors are cheap. I will still show you guys the photos when it's a complete job. I believe we have an ongoing discussion, let's make it a deal and if I don't do something beyond your expectations, call me out here and drag me the way you want

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
omanzo02:

Don't let others perception get to you or discourage you, you know yourself better, whether a scammer or not...... there's nothing wrong making product at cheaper rate below others expectation...... One businessman want make 100% profit while another may decide to make 10%, it just business strategy.
talking about business strategy, the reason some artisans don't make it as big as businessmen is because they're greedy with pricing. A businessman will sell an item with less than #20 but will be selling huge quantity of same. At the end of the day,he will smile to the bank. An artisan will sell with above 70% profit today and for the next two weeks,he will have to depend on his previous sales to survive. Main reason many people avoid iron doors is because they're ridiculously expensive. Price it well and you will sell it in far greater quantity.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Absolute crap!

And this coming from same set of people that'll write about innovation, development, exposure, doing things the standard way, following best practices and all other load of BS.

Is this how you engage or scrutinize a service provider?

Even if this is the kind of behavior expected of the regular guy on the street, i thought you guys are supposed to be different and classy?

n3xt:

Don’t be angry with us.

Here if you offer us something at a ridiculously cheap price, we will ask you “How much for the original one?”

It’s left for you to convince us beyond reasonable doubt that you’re right and we are wrong.

That might require you sending a sample down to Ibadan for us to dissect grin

That’s who we are over here!
We are not mean grin

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
JustCryptos:

This was done for 35k? When?
I can make this door for you but there will be a bit of increase in price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wait a sec... are you not same guy here on spyders thread below...telling me that my door to my kobo kobo house is cheap and dated while I and oga kopell were pointing out that laser machines and newer technology in your line work would improve prices and that over spending and overkill doesn't mean quality....

so you are also selling cheap doors now �...this life self ehh.

So I am not the only one who wants functionality...if it is cheap why not...

https://www.nairaland.com/5178606/making-owerri-royal-manor/30#93210686

michlins:
if you have 40,000 you wish to spend on a single door, here's how you can get it.

1.5mm 3by1½

14 guage plain pan

16mm pan for frame

1.5mm ¾ square pipe

Foreign hinges and bolt

Anti rust will come first before normal painting

I don't see your local welder doing the bolded at all

Give me a chance to make at least one sample for you. If I fail to impress you, take your business elsewhere. If I impress you, let me do the rest at the place of your choosing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
megacontrol:
Absolute crap!

And this coming from same set of people that'll write about innovation, development, exposure, doing things the standard way, following best practices and all other load of BS.

Is this how you engage or scrutinize a service provider?

Even if this is the kind of behavior expected of the regular guy on the street, i thought you guys are supposed to be different and classy?

You took me too serious there right?

I’ve done all I could and I’m almost at the point of committing fund for a project.

Can you make a guess?

Mayor78 was right and every other person who castigate him were wrong.

Anyway let’s allow the man enjoy his day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
dongc:
Wait a sec... are you not same guy here on spyders thread below...telling me that my door to my kobo kobo house is cheap and dated while I and oga kopell were pointing out that laser machines and newer technology in your line work would improve prices and that over spending and overkill doesn't mean quality....

so you are also selling cheap doors now �...this life self ehh.

So I am not the only one who wants functionality...if it is cheap why not...

https://www.nairaland.com/5178606/making-owerri-royal-manor/30#93210686

your doors are outdated in terms of design and I stand by my statement. The future of my work is wrought. I know some day, wrought will be old design but until then.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
What is your definition of inferior and/or quality products/services?

I think you're the one that needs some brushing up. Please familiarize yourself with the difference between quality and grade.

I dare say he has provided more than enough info when probed for the discerning mind to figure and he should not be responsible for anyone's the lack of understanding.

And how do you publicly and boldly label someone which you've NEVER done business with (and have no intention of doing biz with) a scammer or fraud
I also suggest you withdraw that statement and apologize to the fellow.

Nothing wey michlins (abi musa) no go see for gate oh.

Again, both of you should do better.

EgunMogaji2:

I will always challenge your prices when you don't specify exactly what you are selling and try to pass it off as that your prices are better.

You are making inferior products and trying to pass it off as being equal to those costing more. You don't use stronger pressed top and side frames.

Just simply advertise that you make low cost doors. Those doors are available all over Nigeria, you're offering nothing special.

How many of those doors have you sold on here? Personally, I think you're a fraud at best but maybe just an ordinary scammer.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Muyi002:

The higher, numerically, the gauge the stronger it is.

"I" don't use .45 anymore because I think they are too light of a weight, every crease shows and it crumples easily. The .55 gauge is thicker and is a little bit more resistant to bad handling.

Now I've never used steptiles version, only long span so maybe what you'll find there are that steps tile by pressing is more resistance to the creases I mentioned.

I don't go cheap on foundation and roofing since they're harder to correct oversights.

Good luck. Maybe contact a local roofer to you. Give him a token to advice you what is available locally.

PS: One trick I learnt is to use .45 for the roof but .55 for the trims. But please I'm no roofer, so check with the pros.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
There are no much difference between a 0,45 and 0,55mm other 10mm thickness..faulty corrugating machine can make difference...i guess you have to worry about that more especially on metcop...maybe on steptiles as well...this is where company matters....buying from known companies or amateur...

Muyi002:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: orlaryhincah(m), adenuga558(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.