Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401934 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

I be kobo-kobo man sef. Who get money for all those equipment o. Wait until I become Governor o.smiley

Hajji M.
Your cash and our yam will be rolling in bullion van!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

That is exactly what I wanted as in your pic posted above. Since a friend in Ondo State did the same for about 200k about two years ago and the grass look very nice, but everything always get K-leg in Lagos/Ogun. Instead of paying N1.5m for grass, I will rather put a concrete foundation there awaiting to be built in some years to come. I want green but not that bad . Thank you.

Hajji M.

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

My Oga you are right o. On top of that the guy want me to sign a monthly maintenance of N50k.
I was thinking of spending 200-300k on the grass since I already levelled the ground and added soil.
I was already making plan of buying a good Honda Lawn mover for about $350 from here so my Mallam can get work to do once in a while. But N1.5m is not for me o.
And John Deerie lawn mower vehicle is out of question o.

Hajji M.

My flower man come in quarterly to do maintenance (at N15k pere) but I canceled the arrangement when I found out that he was selling the grass he pack from my compound.

I was actually paying him to cut, pack and sell my grass. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

Yes o. Oyinbo can do all that, not good for Naija houses o. Much so in Europe and not much in America here.

On the matter of lawn.. I have an empty plot of 40x120ft beside my last project.. so intended to use this area for my green area. I contacted a person to help me plant grass there, I was billed N1.5m for the job. I changed my mind quickly and planted some hybrid coconut trees and sour-sop trees in the area... I will complete the area by growing vegetables or corns there instead of paying N1.5m for grass.

Hajji M.

It was during the lockdown that I found out that vegetable is better than queen of the night and looks as good. I also found out that coconut is a lifesaver during crisis/pandemic.

I removed some flowers to plant pepper during the pandemic and I was glad I did.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2020
BrabusNG:

My flower man come in quarterly to do maintenance (at N15k pere) but I canceled the arrangement when I found out that he was selling the grass he pack from my compound.

I was actually paying him to cut, pack and sell my grass. undecided

My Naija o.... devicing anyway to loot... looting your grass. smiley And he will act like he was doing you a favor.

Hajji.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2020
omanzo02:

Your cash and our yam will be rolling in bullion van!

Abi now..

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

My Naija o.... devicing anyway to loot... looting your grass. smiley And he will act like he was doing you a favor.

Hajji.

In fact, I always feel like giving them a little more because he always come with his wife.

I don’t have issues with it tho but he shouldn’t be asking me to pay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2020
Gud evening house,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
BrabusNG:

In fact, I always feel like giving them a little more because he always come with his wife.

I don’t have issues with it tho but he shouldn’t be asking me to pay.

Nah double income be that o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

I be kobo-kobo man sef. Who get money for all those equipment o. Wait until I become Governor o.smiley

Hajji M.

Baba, be calming down Sir. It's shikini shangi grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2020
The cost depends on the size of your land.

waley007:
How can I get this type of fence done, I love it, like how much will it cost me including the gate and tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timmie101: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2020
[quote author=KolaShangOne post=84370877]
yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2020
Dennis3D:

Bros, people have spoken so much ill words against the architect here. I would advise let the client sort it out with him by reviewing the design with him over again before bringing it here.

From what I have observed here, clients here are always right. Vendors, contractors and other workers are always wrong. No matter how they present their case.

Most of the people writing already did so in their own accord whether justifiable or not. So I will leave it at that. This place is a faceless community where everyone volunteers to help and assist each other in one way or the other.

In my opinion, I don't think the forum in recent has been fair on both a service provider and a service receiver.

And contractors / Engineers are all thieves.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2020
And homeowners are stingy and dont know nothing grin

KolaShangOne:

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
Please Ibadan people, how much is cement sold at now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adefajofashola(m): 12:31am On Sep 17, 2020
Please house, what will be the square meter of this roof, the lent and breath is 36 feet and 64 feet, while king post is 18 feet.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:41am On Sep 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Baba, be calming down Sir. It's shikini shangi grin

Shikinni money? About $10k? Not for me o.
I will settle for Honda "push me I push you" for $350.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:42am On Sep 17, 2020
waley007:
How can I get this type of fence done, I love it, like how much will it cost me including the gate and tiles

Your land?
Your location?
The type of foundation?
The finishing?

These are the cost determinants.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:45am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

Shikinni money? About $10k? Not for me o.
I will settle for Honda "push me I push you" for $350.

Hajji M.

It’s sold about same amount here too but I think bringing it down will be better.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:47am On Sep 17, 2020
n3xt:

It’s sold about same amount here too but I think bringing it down will be better.

Yes Oga mi, I won't even mind buying it there o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:10am On Sep 17, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Many have certainly have been proven to be scammers, thieves on this very thread.

So what are we talking about again?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:11am On Sep 17, 2020
Muyi002:
Please Ibadan people, how much is cement sold at now

My supplier is still doing shakers at N3K but I’ll wait them out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 1:58am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

Yes o. Oyinbo can do all that, not good for Naija houses o. Much so in Europe and not much in America here.

On the matter of lawn.. I have an empty plot of 40x120ft beside my last project.. so intended to use this area for my green area. I contacted a person to help me plant grass there, I was billed N1.5m for the job. I changed my mind quickly and planted some hybrid coconut trees and sour-sop trees in the area... I will complete the area by growing vegetables or corns there instead of paying N1.5m for grass.

Hajji M.
One of the big differences between Nigeria and first world nations is people think their way out of a problem. They don't run away from it.
I won't pay 1.5m for a grass lawn even if I could afford it. There are tons of YouTube videos on how to start one. And you'd be surprised it's cheap. Seeds and soil and water is all you need. You can easily buy seeds on Amazon, eBay etc and ship for peanuts. Setting up an automated sprinkler system is cheap too, not that we need it in Nigeria but just in case. 1.5m is the price we pay for being lazy.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 2:00am On Sep 17, 2020
The idea that 'oyinbo can do all that but we can't' is why Africa will always remain the backwaters of the world.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Topmost11(m): 2:33am On Sep 17, 2020
I want to use this. is cement stabilised soil blocks. Mix is sand: cement = 20:1. Is it advisable to use columns at all junctions (not because of aesthetics) but strength. Also I don't intend to plaster(in and out) as the blocks are drystack(I m also looking at the mortar joined one too). Also what do I do to the base(first 3 or 4 courses) that are susceptible to the elements(rain splashes). And finally, what about colour change due to mould? Thanks.

PS: normal foundation to dpc level will of course be normal cement blocks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Topmost11(m): 2:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Topmost11:

I want to use this. is cement stabilised soil blocks. Mix is sand: cement = 20:1. Is it advisable to use columns at all junctions (not because of aesthetics) but strength. Also I don't intend to plaster(in and out) as the blocks are drystack(I m also looking at the mortar joined one too). Also what do I do to the base(first 3 or 4 courses) that are susceptible to the elements(rain splashes). And finally, what about colour change due to mould? Thanks.

Drystack version is interlocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:38am On Sep 17, 2020
KolaShangOne:

This one is looking for attention.
Pls look for that somewhere else.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:47am On Sep 17, 2020
Topmost11:

How large of a build will this be?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:50am On Sep 17, 2020
Dennis3D:

This one is looking for attention.
Pls look for that somewhere else.

I think he is just making a sarcastic comment to some discussion earlier about the Engineer/Contractors. He is also an Engineer and a Contractor here.

Hajji M.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:54am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

I think he is just making a sarcastic comment to some discussion earlier about the Engineer/Contractors. He is also an Engineer and a Contractor here.

Hajji M.

OK Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sekzy99(m), fabulous85 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.