Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,695 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433198 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:55am On Sep 17, 2020
qdlvy:

One of the big differences between Nigeria and first world nations is people think their way out of a problem. They don't run away from it.
I won't pay 1.5m for a grass lawn even if I could afford it. There are tons of YouTube videos on how to start one. And you'd be surprised it's cheap. Seeds and soil and water is all you need. You can easily buy seeds on Amazon, eBay etc and ship for peanuts. Setting up an automated sprinkler system is cheap too, not that we need it in Nigeria but just in case. 1.5m is the price we pay for being lazy.

Just consider me a lazy youth o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 4:38am On Sep 17, 2020
mobileboy:
Do I need to perfect the title of a land I bought after contract of sale and deed of agreement

the land already have C of O

Yes Sir, What you need is a Governor's Consent, for your own land (attach all those document and reciept of purchase to your application.
Its all on the website of the Land registry (Lagos?)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:40am On Sep 17, 2020
waley007:
How can I get this type of fence done, I love it, like how much will it cost me including the gate and tiles
I don't know much about the fence but that rail will cost upwards of 50,000 for 10ft length and 4ft height using wrought iron bars as in the picture. I don't have full picture of the gate, I would love to help you out with the pricing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 17, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:00am On Sep 17, 2020
qdlvy:
The idea that 'oyinbo can do all that but we can't' is why Africa will always remain the backwaters of the world.

I diy my compound but I didn’t consider maintenance back then. YouTube really helped and it was huge success.

Raising and maintaining lawn ain’t easy and a big punishment especially in a house without Musa. It requires a great deal of attention.

____
Speaking from experience. I planted a large field few years ago and did small one in my backyard.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

Just consider me a lazy youth o. smiley

Hajji M.
Hian, lazy youth ke cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by supersuccry(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2020
2 plots of along Aba road in port Harcourt for sale contact 09021977496 for inspection.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

Yes o. Oyinbo can do all that, not good for Naija houses o. Much so in Europe and not much in America here.

On the matter of lawn.. I have an empty plot of 40x120ft beside my last project.. so intended to use this area for my green area. I contacted a person to help me plant grass there, I was billed N1.5m for the job. I changed my mind quickly and planted some hybrid coconut trees and sour-sop trees in the area... I will complete the area by growing vegetables or corns there instead of paying N1.5m for grass.

Hajji M.

I got a qoute for a bag of lawn grass in Onitsha as between N1400 - N1700 (supply only) depending on the type. I was told a bag can cover between 3-5sqm.

If they would supply, prepare the ground with manure, plant, and nurture the grass for 3months involving 2-site visits per week, they would charge N2500 per Sqm. They are not responsible for watering on this condition, so you must have somebody to do the watering.

Buying the bags and planting would workout best if one has somebody on ground to always water the grass. The price may differ from place to place.

If I want them to just supply and plant the grass only, they charge N1,400 per sqm

I love green space, and have a compound littered with assorted fruit trees and flowers which now looks like a mini bush.

To avoid mosquitoes (My God! I dread that) I fumigate the compound every six months, otherwise 2weeks before getting home.

To wade of snakes, I have lemon grass planted everywhere especially, entrances by the gate, and into the house, along the fences. It would be dreadful to have your kids sight a snake inside their room or under a stair if we travel home simple because their Daddy loves living in a bush house.

Snake? Naaaa!!!!
But green area?, Yeeaah

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2020
GOOD MORNING TO ALL THE ENGINEER 'S ARCHITECT'S, SURVEYORS, REAL ESTATE AGENT'S, ARTISANS, AND ALL INTENDING HOUSE OWNERS IN The HOUSE.

YOU CAN CONTACT US FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICES, LANDSCAPING,INSTALLATION PRODUCTION AND SUPPLIES OF INTERLOCKING STONES AND KERBS, GENERAL CLEANING , TILE'S, STAMP CONCRETE'S, ETC . YOU CAN REACH US OR WHAT'S APP US VIA THIS NUMBER, 09068938839.OR EMAIL US@:DANIELBABATUNDE401@G-mail.COM. THANK YOU
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2020
Good morning everyone.
order for your roofing woods at cheaper cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2020
Mayor78:

I got a qoute for a bag of lawn grass in Onitsha as between N1400 - N1700 (supply only) depending on the type. I was told a bag can cover between 3-5sqm.

If they would supply, prepare the ground with manure, plant, and nurture the grass for 3months involving 2-site visits per week, they would charge N2500 per Sqm. They are not responsible for watering on this condition, so you must have somebody to do the watering.

Buying the bags and planting would workout best if one has somebody on ground to always water the grass. The price may differ from place to place.

If I want them to just supply and plant the grass only, they charge N1,400 per sqm

I love green space, and have a compound littered with assorted fruit trees and flowers which now looks like a mini bush.

To avoid mosquitoes (My God! I dread that) I fumigate the compound every six months, otherwise 2weeks before getting home.

To wade of snakes, I have lemon grass planted everywhere especially, entrances by the gate, and into the house, along the fences. It would be dreadful to have your kids sight a snake inside their room or under a stair if we travel home simple because their Daddy loves living in a bush house.

Snake? Naaaa!!!!
But green area?, Yeeaah

2500/sqm is not bad. It’s cheaper when they do it for you.

I did about same amount last December in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2020
[code][/code]
Dennis3D:

This one is looking for attention.
Pls look for that somewhere else.

Dennis, the guy Kolashange is not looking for attention. He is a renown roofing contractor here, only re-expressing your comment to fortify the views your nursing.

I think he is just saying that we the DIY home builders always suspect all construction Engineers and Contractors to be thieves, which isn't completely true. We have highly professional and honest Engineers and Contractors here but we have rogue ones as well. It is unfair to brush all with rogue tag. I may be wrong.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2020
Mayor78:

Snake? Naaaa!!!!
But green area?, Yeeaah

Does lemon grass really wade of snakes?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amalab30(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2020
[s]2 Plots of Land (facing Ifo/Abeokuta expressway) for sale at Gudugba, Ifo, Ogun State.

Land Size: 50 x 100
Title: Deed Of Assignment, Receipts
Seller: Direct Owner
Offer: N4,500,000

Interested person should please contact 08058934948 for more enquiries.[/s]

SOLD
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2020
OK sir.

First of all, we don't use square meter for electric fence-wire, we measure perimeter(meter).
#2,500/meter(materials, energizer and installation inclusive), if you are doing for more than a plot charges will reduce(energizer used for 1/2 plot is still the same we use for 1 or 2 plots). Price negotiable.

Regarding America fence wire; we sell per roll(15 meter, factory packed). A plot of land 120ft by 60ft is 110meter perimeter(approximately), therefore, 8 rolls will be needed for a plot of land and 36-40 Y-angle iron will be needed too.

Sorry It takes me a long time to respond, nairaland put me on moderation for almost 48 hours now(I don't know the reason).
BrabusNG:

Thanks.

Let’s talk electric fence wire.
How much can one budget for 735sqm kobo kobo plot of land? What are the need-to-knows?

Kindly educate us on American Fence Wire. Let’s tap from you too na grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 11:10am On Sep 17, 2020
We are Still available to handle your pickup and delivery Service call/WhatsApp on 08118888592.... anywhere around Lagos and ogun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Topmost11(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

How large of a build will this be?

3 bedroom bungalow

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2020
The electric fence-wire on it is my work sir, if you need it I am available. My signature contain details and info sir.
waley007:
How can I get this type of fence done, I love it, like how much will it cost me including the gate and tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2020
n3xt:

I diy my compound but I didn’t consider maintenance back then. YouTube really helped and it was huge success.

Raising and maintaining lawn ain’t easy and a big punishment especially in a house without Musa. It requires a great deal of attention.

____
Speaking from experience. I planted a large field few years ago and did small one in my backyard.

We are lucky to be living in this age where many things can be learnt online. There's no excuse. If planting grass lawn is rocket science to some people then I'm afraid we'll forever be stuck in mediocrity in this part of the world. It's a simple grass lawn for God's sake, nobe nuclear reactor.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2020
qdlvy:
The idea that 'oyinbo can do all that but we can't' is why Africa will always remain the backwaters of the world.
"Oyinbo" do thorough planning and execute his plan, and WAIT patiently for the result. Africans always want quick result with no plans.
African man/woman always make simple things complicated.
That's why any African that find himself in an advance country the first thing you are forced to learn is planning and patience, you can't escape that lesson.
Nothing will workout if you don't follow those simple principles.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2020
omanzo02:

"Oyinbo" do thorough planning and execute his plan, and WAIT patiently for the result. Africans always want quick result with no plans.
African man/woman always make simple things complicated.
I tire baba.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Topmost11:

3 bedroom bungalow

Okay thanks.

If you don't mind please carry us (me) along with your progress.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
All this talk of grass and mowing grass broke me out in anxiety. I remember mowing my corner lot 1/4 acre lot under hot Texas sun. Good old days. Whats mowing grass without encountering a few rattlesnakes two perk you right up grin

Sunstroke is real yah all cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Baba, be calming down Sir. It's shikini shangi grin
Individuals will pay over $10K for lawn mower?
Please you over do things
I have 46 deck I bought about 10 year ago for $2,200
before the 46 deck , I had 42

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good Afternoon to all and sundry.
OAK Group is still your plug to great architectural services. You can also patronise us for your building constructional works.
08108408732 (call/whatsapp)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
Abolarin91:
OK sir.

First of all, we don't use square meter for electric fence-wire, we measure perimeter(meter).
#2,500/meter(materials, energizer and installation inclusive), if you are doing for more than a plot charges will reduce(energizer used for 1/2 plot is still the same we use for 1 or 2 plots). Price negotiable.

Regarding America fence wire; we sell per roll(15 meter, factory packed). A plot of land 120ft by 60ft is 110meter perimeter(approximately), therefore, 8 rolls will be needed for a plot of land and 36-40 Y-angle iron will be needed too.

Sorry It takes me a long time to respond, nairaland put me on moderation for almost 48 hours now(I don't know the reason).

Thanks for the information.

I’ll be in touch soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
qdlvy:

One of the big differences between Nigeria and first world nations is people think their way out of a problem. They don't run away from it.
I won't pay 1.5m for a grass lawn even if I could afford it. There are tons of YouTube videos on how to start one. And you'd be surprised it's cheap. Seeds and soil and water is all you need. You can easily buy seeds on Amazon, eBay etc and ship for peanuts. Setting up an automated sprinkler system is cheap too, not that we need it in Nigeria but just in case. 1.5m is the price we pay for being lazy.

My brother, sometimes when I hear how people make things look difficult or impossible, I shudder in disbelief. I bought the carpet grasses I planted on my fence wall for N70 each nylon pack as they were still in nursery. I bought 100 pieces for a total of N7000. I bought one bag of manure for N500 , bought like four small bags of topsoil. I personally dug the holes where I planted those nursery plants and all are doing well, circulating in the manner I like.

You don't need to buy expensive John Deere or motorized mower for your lawns. My friend bought a very small tokunbo mower at Lawanson, which he happily uses on weekend to mow his lawns without any issue. Personally, I don't need maigida or any assistance to do all those jobs. They are one - hour Saturday exercise and you are done. Usually, the spaces where you have these lawns are not up to 30% of your total land area and I don't consider it a big deal for myself to see it as tasking or demanding. Anyway, it is about choice.

DIY is a concept that is not common in this part of the world. I visit Nairaland, YouTube regularly to learn how to do certain things my self and I equally encouraged my kids to follow the same path than waiting for one nanny to do it all the time.

It is not a Bible as my Oga here usually say or carved on stone - it is all about choices.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
Alrt sir. Anticipating
n3xt:

Thanks for the information.

I’ll be in touch soon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Focusmind:

My brother, sometimes when I hear how people make things look difficult or impossible, I shudder in disbelief. I bought the carpet grasses I planted on my fence wall for N70 each nylon pack as they were still in nursery. I bought 100 pieces for a total of N7000. I bought one bag of manure for N500 , bought like four small bags of topsoil. I personally dug the holes where I planted those nursery plants and all are doing well, circulating in the manner I like.

You don't need to buy expensive John Deere or motorized mower for your lawns. My friend bought a very small tokunbo mower at Lawanson, which he happily uses on weekend to mow his lawns without any issue. Personally, I don't need maigida or any assistance to do all those jobs. They are one - hour Saturday exercise and you are done. Usually, the spaces where you have these lawns are not up to 30% of your total land area and I don't consider it a big deal for myself to see it as tasking or demanding. Anyway, it is about choice.

DIY is a concept that is not common in this part of the world. I visit Nairaland, YouTube regularly to learn how to do certain things my self and I equally encouraged my kids to follow the same path than waiting for one nanny to do it all the time.

It is not a Bible as my Oga here usually say or carved on stone - it is all about choices.
Do you have grass seed in Nigeria?
Buy grass seed
buy soil
spread the soil
Use a spreader to spread the grass seed
Rain will take care of the rest

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Lawn-Care-Spreaders/N-5yc1vZbx4x

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
Focusmind:

Couldn't agree more brother.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Mayor78:
[code][/code]

Dennis, the guy Kolashange is not looking for attention. He is a renown roofing contractor here, only re-expressing your comment to fortify the views your nursing.

I think he is just saying that we the DIY home builders always suspect all construction Engineers and Contractors to be thieves, which isn't completely true. We have highly professional and honest Engineers and Contractors here but we have rogue ones as well. It is unfair to brush all with rogue tag. I may be wrong.

Noted with thanks bro.
Am I better understand what he meant now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jabberjawz, uchechukwuochei(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.