Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4502729 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (3694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rosalieene(f): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2020
bebe2:

that dont sound bad, but the area is no worth it

hello, pls reply your mail. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I've to go to that Redemption camp area den

I heard they're within range

Better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Story building are not held up by the blocks but by the pillars. Blocks should just be partition elements.

Especially Nigerian blocks where quality control is not certain.

So you can use 6" as long as the pillars are a designed but I think plumbing could be an issue. I would use 9" on the exterior perimeter and 6" on the inside except for private areas.

Good luck on your project.

Well said, but there are what we call: Load Bearing Wall LBW and Non-load bearing wall I suggest you must consider this carefully.

Advice: I suggest you use 9" blocks on all the substructure work if it is a storey or more, especially when you are considering a high foundation. Because of lateral force and substratum also.

Dubmcapital

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2020
Following the successful mission to my village site by Michlins and our extensive WhatsApp chats, there are two factors that would determine the kickoff of the job.
1. Quotations
2. Re-scheduled date/approval of my vacation.
While I prefer to be on ground for the job, I could initiate the preliminary stages as soon as the above factors are done with.
Kudos too to Michlins whose dedication and commitment to what he does best made his PR look like a child's play.
The pics as shown in 1,2,3 are part of our chats so far.
I'll keep trending as we proceed.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I've to go to that Redemption camp area den

I heard they're within range

Redemption camp area is better but I doubt there are available plot there except you are buying from someone try ofada area Also ..land in ofada are also cool and closer and relatively cheaper there ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2020
Amastermovic:

Redemption camp area is better but I doubt there are available plot there except you are buying from someone try ofada area Also ..land in ofada are also cool and closer and relatively cheaper there ..

What about Shimawa

It's also closer to Rccg
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2020
One4me:

That is one wickedness this Buhari Govt did to Lagos and the South of Nigeria in general.
The Road was designed for 8 Lanes, provison was even made for Light Rail line in it and the project was started by Lagos State and Ogun State Govts (but mostly funded by Lagos, though it is a Federal Road, under President Jonathan).

Buhari came into Power, started a lot of Road projects and completed most in his first term but majority of those are in the North!
Through the Fed Min of Works and Transport, they first collected it from lagos and the President said he wont refund any kobo spent on Federal Roads to any State (just as they wont repair the Road themselves and the people suffer).

Then they reduced and narrowed it to TWO LANES, scrapped the Light rail part and other well designed areas!
If not that Lagos Govt protested real hard, then it was later returned too 3 Lanes, it would have been two lanes for the part, yet to be completed as at that, after six years!.
And to think that this was the major Road that leads Nigeria to Cotonou, a major trade Route?
Go and look at the Abuja-kaduna and other Roads in the North, then you will understand that "all Animals are not Equal".
I digress, sorry.
That Plastic Headpan can easily replace the metallic ones our Bricklayers carry but l hope it is sturdy and tough enough to withstand the abuse and maybe they should shave the price down to like 5K, to encourage patronage.

I support Buhari on relegation of the road. We have far more important roads to build than spend money that will encourage the diversion of imports destined for Nigeria to that country. Besides, the road is targeted by ECOWAS.

Its like government shooting itself in the foot.

I traveled on the Abuja-Kaduna express yesterday, the finished section is like silk. grin Anyways, I believe that road is more important than the Badagry Road. Cost is another issue. Yes, North gets more roads but do you know why? There's only one reason, it is far cheaper to build a road in the north than the south and the roads in the North last longer too.

If the North and South were allocated ₦100billion each for roads, the north will get close to twice the distance using same amount.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

What about Shimawa

It's also closer to Rccg

Unless you are buying from adron $ co not sure if there is vacant land and make sure you do due diligent o... redeem almost own the entire area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Dubemcapital1:

Well said, but there are what we call: Load Bearing Wall LBW and Non-load bearing wall I suggest you must consider this carefully.

Advice: I suggest you use 9" blocks on all the substructure work if it is a storey or more, especially when you are considering a high foundation. Because of lateral force and substratum also.

Dubmcapital

Understand where you're coming from Sir. I answer from my own perspective and I am not a Structural Engineer.

I, EgunMogaji, will never trust any block that is bought casually in Nigeria to serve as part of a load bearing wall for a storied building. In fact on my impending duplex build, I intend to hire a Certified Builder and Structual Engineer just to build the frame structure then me and my local baba Lati will just do the partitions with stone dust blocks.

This is where I am coming from. Sorry for any confusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Amastermovic:

Simawa is not bad with the number of estates springing up there too. He’ll get good ROI from Simawa than Ofada if it’s a commercial build but he needs to check and check because most land in that area to Sagamu belongs to RCCG.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2020
twinskenny:

Unless you are buying from adron $ co not sure if there is vacant land and make sure you do due diligent o... redeem almost own the entire area

Yes!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2020
valencia2012:
Following the successful mission to my village site by Michlins and our extensive WhatsApp chats, there are two factors that would determine the kickoff of the job.
1. Quotations
While I prefer to be on ground for the job, I could initiate the preliminary stages as soon as the above factors are done with.
Kudos too to Michlins whose dedication and commitment to what he does best made his PR look like a child's play.

I salute you for the choice of stairs hardware. I totally detest the chrome stuff that has become popular here.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2020
n3xt:

Simawa is not bad with the number of estates springing up there too. He’ll get good ROI from Simawa than Ofada if it’s a commercial build but he needs to check and check because most land in that area to Sagamu belongs to RCCG.

Yes simawa is really good but he really need to chart any landed properties around simawa well from Ogun state Town planning even any land along that axis including the ofada I suggested ..but d part ofada I am suggesting is close to mowe in 10-15mins ride also

Redeem has a lot of lands yet to be develop around isheri close to wear Obj land is both are damn big and yet to be developed..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2020
Carcass Completed!!! Installation of Aluminium Roofing Commence Shortly
Design: Steptiles
Colour:Traffic Black
Site Location: Ishagamu Ogun State
Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 For Your Quality Stone coated Roofing Sheet

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now!!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2020
twinskenny:

Yeeeeeahhh

Exactly

I'm looking at a reputable Real Estate agency
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I salute you for the choice of stairs hardware. I totally detest the chrome stuff that has become popular here.

I always comment whenever what I like is mentioned. That chrome is a no go area for me. We should be creative with other things apart from the usual ones being used or done. The staircase design here is dope.

If wrought iron proves expensive to be used for my staircase, I use hard wood. Chrome or any shiny metal is a no go area.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

What about Shimawa

It's also closer to Rccg

Land Is about choice and how close you are presently to the site or relations because you need constant visit but your first step is identify the said property make sure its check from the town planning office .

..Because some advertise their property as shimawa but u will discover u r already at shagamu ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2020
Focusmind:

I always comment whenever what I like is mentioned. That chrome is a no go area for me. We should be creative with other things apart from the usual ones being used or done. The staircase design here is dope.

If wrought iron proves expensive to be used for my staircase, I use hard wood. Chrome or any shiny metal is a no go area.

I went with my crew to install energy products on a house and street. The house was a fantastic build but cursed with rusting chrome hand-railings throughout the house. Me I just faced what I was there to do jejely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2020
Pls what is the cost of iron rods now? Y20, 16, 12, 10.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
Focusmind:

Menn, the likeness I have for rough iron now is 70/30 to stainless.
Stainless will still be outdated in few yrs to come YES, just watch out.

Look at this simple one we did here both railing and as burglar bars

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
You will find so many lovely designs in rough iron

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Understand where you're coming from Sir. I answer from my own perspective and I am not a Structural Engineer.

I, EgunMogaji, will never trust any block that is bought casually in Nigeria to serve as part of a load bearing wall for a storied building. In fact on my impending duplex build, I intend to hire a Certified Builder and Structual Engineer just to build the frame structure then me and my local baba Lati will just do the partitions with stone dust blocks.

This is where I am coming from. Sorry for any confusion.

Ah baba, no naw! you didn't cause any confusion my oga... Your reasoning still make sense.

Dubemcapital

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
valencia2012:
1. Quotations

Nice one.
We all pray and hope michlins can meet up your expectation and the expectation of the wonderful forum so that his business can grow beyound what it is now.
If I may ask please what materials will he be using for yours that will last.......

Thanks.

I like the second pix......to be used for window burglary.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
adanny01:

I support Buhari on relegation of the road. We have far more important roads to build than spend money that will encourage the diversion of imports destined for Nigeria to that country. Besides, the road is targeted by ECOWAS.

Its like government shooting itself in the foot.

I traveled on the Abuja-Kaduna express yesterday, the finished section is like silk. grin Anyways, I believe that road is more important than the Badagry Road. Cost is another issue. Yes, North gets more roads but do you know why? There's only one reason, it is far cheaper to build a road in the north than the south and the roads in the North last longer too.

If the North and South were allocated ₦100billion each for roads, the north will get close to twice the distance using same amount.

Not only cheap because of terrain but there's no such thing as matching ground/settlement in the north from community youths and chiefs to the best of my knowledge........
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I went with my crew to install energy products on a house and street. The house was a fantastic build but cursed with rusting chrome hand-railings throughout the house. Me I just faced what I was there to do jejely.

You sabi use words sha grin "cursed"

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
rotecch77:

Menn, the likeness I have for rough iron now is 70/30 to stainless.
Stainless will still be outdated in few yrs to come YES, just watch out.

Look at this simple one we did here both railing and as burglar bars

Wrought iron is always ageless. Matured and appealing. But for the price, the thing no be here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
Focusmind:

Wrought iron is always ageless. Matured and appealing. But for the price, the thing no be here.

Very true
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
Focusmind:

That’s why contemporary builds transcend time and space.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
bixton:

Nice one.
We all pray and hope michlins can meet up your expectation and the expectation of the wonderful forum so that his business can grow beyound what it is now.
If I may ask please what materials will he be using for yours that will last.......

Thanks.

I like the second pix......to be used for window burglary.

That is the question. If he will meet my expectations and standard. No doubt, a lot of folks are keeping fingers crossed!
Materials will be wrought iron for the balcony at the approach. There's also the rear balcony which I might seal off with a hidden lock, (for security and emergencies) and will feature the wrought iron too. That's the window you referred to.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
bixton:

Not only cheap because of terrain but there's no such thing as matching ground/settlement in the north from community youths and chiefs to the best of my knowledge........

So true.

I worked on 2 FG projects in a South South state, one was cripple by brazing corruption and greed and the other one never even made it to the site because the compensation claims were mor1e than the N2 billion cost of the project.

When the project was awarded and site surveyed, by the time the contractor arrived the site, it was a "fake" graveyard with hundreds of tombstones and building foundations. Each one was a potential claim for compensation, class action lawsuit or means of violence q( my colleague has a big scar on his forehead to testify).

Even a church collected a large compensation, turn around to build a new mighty auditorium in the same location, then hired a good lawyer who sued government for N2billion compensation.

If you talk, they will say na our oil money. Meanwhile, they keep pocketing project money while the northerners keep building roads and almajiri schools. These same people will still say, they are using our oil money do develop the north despite the 13% derivation, NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta and Social responsibility by the oil companies.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (3694) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.