Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,474 members, 7,865,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4511079 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) ... (3697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2020
mufutau55:

It has been talked about and clarified that, that rail construction will not enter NIGER Republic but stopped where Nigeria ends. Will it not be stupid for Nigeria to construct rail road for Niger? Habah!!
You guys want to blame Buhari for all these constructions in the North, while your brother was there for 8 years, he cannot even construct road linking Lagos to Abeokuta, his own town and same road he uses to Lagos now very often.
Sorry guys, I dont like getting involved in Politics, but this pinched my nerves.

Hajji M.

With respect Hajji M, l think you have injected emotions and sentiment into your response and completely missed the point of my post.
I did NOT say Nigeria constructed th Rail INTO Niger Republic.
I did NOT say that 'your brother' was better than Buhari or not. I was not comparing Presidents at all, where did you get that from?

You missed the point and l will repeat it for the upteenth time:

MY POINT was whether it is PRIORITY AT THIS MOMENT, SOUND FINANCIAL INVESTMENT POLICY, COMAPRATIVELY WITH THE CALABAR- LAGOS LINE THAT HAS BEEN ABANDONED FOR LACK OF FUNDS, FACTORING OUR LEAN TREASURY, COVID-RELATED ECONOMIC DOWNTURN, TO APPROVE $2BILLION FOR A RAIL THAT GOES FROM KANO TO THE NIGER REPUBLIC BORDER.

That is my very direct and simple point.
If you think it is a BETTER OPTION, A SOUND FIANCIAL INVESTMENT and a PRIORITY AT THIS POINT, just justify your answer, when you say so.

Apologies to your nerves Sir, but l am not responsible for how you feel for making a submission unrelated to the post/question.
I know there is a difference in the use of the word INTO (to go inisde or enter something) and TO (to touch or reach the edge of something) and you are probably mixing up these two words, hence your reference about ENTERING (into) Niger Republic! grin

Have a nice Sunday Sir.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2020
mufutau55:

Please read my other post jare. The rail is not going inside Niger Republic but stopping where Nigeria ends.

Hajji M.
I still don't understand the immediate economic benefits of that rail line? River Niger and river Benue that could create millions of maritime related jobs and industries has not been accessed they deemed it fit to establish a Rail link to Niger Republic, another misplaced priority!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
kopell:
Hajji you don’t know how people manipulate information for their selfish and political interest here. Many of these people are feeding fat from corrupt system, they don’t like or care about any development but what came to their political godfathers pocket and the little koko they get from their corrupt mentors. I wept for this country, we’re talking about regional Integration How do we achieve it without regional transit.

Who are the "these people" you are referring to?
Why are you throwing shade indirectly?
You dont know me and l dont know you, so how can you assume that l am feeding fat from govt, where did this reckless and ignorant malfunction of the Mouth/fingers come from?
Who is my Political Godfather that you refer to? Buhari? OBJ? Jonathan? Tinubu? Ganduje? Wike? Obaseki? Oshiomole? shocked grin grin

Since you have decided to contribute your own wisdom and intelligence, can you please respond properly to the same question, as below and justify your response.

One4me: MY POINT was whether it is PRIORITY AT THIS MOMENT, SOUND FINANCIAL INVESTMENT POLICY, COMAPRATIVELY WITH THE CALABAR- LAGOS LINE THAT HAS BEEN ABANDONED FOR LACK OF FUNDS, FACTORING OUR LEAN TREASURY, COVID-RELATED ECONOMIC DOWNTURN, TO APPROVE $2BILLION FOR A RAIL THAT GOES FROM KANO TO THE NIGER REPUBLIC BORDER.

That is my very direct and simple point.
If you think it is a BETTER OPTION, A SOUND FIANCIAL INVESTMENT and a PRIORITY AT THIS POINT, just justify your answer, when you say so.

What exactly is more important to Rail from Kano to Niger Republic, than what Nigeria can Rail internally between Calabar-PortHarcout- Aba-Onitsha- Delta-Benin- Ibadan to Lagos Port?
It is not about abuse and insult, you can have a decent and educative conversation without all those shading.
And please, stop 'wept'ing for Nigeria, cry cry your tears wont make any difference but speaking truth and standing-up for it, can. undecided

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Badgers14:

It is all about choice...

Some people might call it overkill.. maybe it is an overkill to them, some people might even think it that's not enough bathrooms grin grin

There are houses where I live that have 4 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms grin grin

I once lived in a studio apartment by choice not that I couldn't find proper apartment.. I liked the layout and it was easier for me for the type of work I did at the time and my lifestyle at the time.

So all this overkill or not overkill is just individual choices. This is one of the reason I advice potential homeowners to be very involved in the design stage of your house.. because the client knows what will work for them, their family , lifestyle and potential use of the build and to direct the architect to design appropriately.

If you are building a tenant house, do a market survey around the area you intend to build. Who are your intended clients? That is what kind of tenants do you intend to live there ?
Do people prefer 3 bathrooms in a 2 bed apartment? Or they don't care much ... remember there are still some older builds in a high demand areas that have 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and people still hit their heads on the wall to rent them...
I happen to live where things are regulated and classified with common sense, so I have seen both side and all choice are not free sometimes beyond the maximum.

While you are free to spend your money as you want an extravagant plan beyond the classified requirement will be thoroughly scrutinized and 99% chance it would be rejected. I have learnt a lot in Nigeria and other part of the world to guide my judgement.

Like @true2home once wrote here: If a tenant is too big for what I have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter, I always advise them to go build their own house.
That philosophy is GENIUS! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

I still don't understand the immediate economic benefits of that rail line? River Niger and river Benue that could create millions of maritime related jobs and industries has not been accessed they deemed it fit to establish a Rail link to Niger Republic, another misplaced priority!

Let us even pretend that River Niger/Benue does not exist, there must be a very cogent reason to ignore the Calabar-Lagos Line, with all the benefits and jobs it can create along that axis, to now sink $2billion in a Kano to Niger Republic border Rail line.

What will that rail carry and where will the goods be from?
Maybe our Govt wants to transport Crude Oil by road from the ND or refined Petroleum products from the Apapa Wharf by Road, to Kano and then put it on Rail to Niger Republic border, so the Nigeriens can come pick it up. grin grin

Even the Lagos-Ibadan Rail line is yet to be completed in the last five years that other Rail projects in the North (started about the same time or after it), have all been completed. It is same story: No Money to finish the project.
Abuja-Kaduna road has been completed and forgoten since, but the Lagos-Ibadan is still dragging and will drag till 2023.
East-West Road is dragging and will drag unfinished till 2023.

The problem is usually some 'Southerners' who are too scared to even think for themselves or ask necessary questions from our Brothers in the North, always trying to 'over-please' and 'bend-down-make-l Bleep-you-from-behind' to them.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastGal06: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
good morning pls, is installation fee included?n is 7500 ur best price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
LastGal06:
good morning pls, is installation fee included?n is 7500 ur best price?

You didn’t quote anyone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
Let us digress.

#thisislagos

Picture Credit: Skyscrapercity

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Niger Republic - Railway - Buhari screaming and shouting discussion.

It is always NOT a good idea to respond to a political topic on this forum. It NEVER ends well. Gentleman and ladies please take on board.

Cc Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
#thisislagos

Pic 1: Daydream Pool Club, VI, Lagos
Pic 2: La Campagne Beach Resort, Lagos
Pic 3: Lagos Skyline from Apapa side
Pic 4: Elegushi Private Beach

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
#thisislagos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
#thisislagos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
One4me:

Let us even pretend that River Niger/Benue does not exist, there must be a very cogent reason to ignore the Calabar-Lagos Line, with all the benefits and jobs it can create along that axis, to now sink $2billion in a Kano to Niger Republic border Rail line.

What will that rail carry and where will the goods be from?
Maybe our Govt wants to transport Crude Oil by road from the ND or refined Petroleum products from the Apapa Wharf by Road, to Kano and then put it on Rail to Niger Republic border, so the Nigeriens can come pick it up. grin grin

Even the Lagos-Ibadan Rail line is yet to be completed in the last five years that other Rail projects in the North (started about the same time or after it), have all been completed. It is same story: No Money to finish the project.
Abuja-Kaduna road has been completed and forgoten since, but the Lagos-Ibadan is still dragging and will drag till 2023.
East-West Road is dragging and will drag unfinished till 2023.

The problem is usually some 'Southerners' who are too scared to even think for themselves or ask necessary questions from our Brothers in the North, always trying to 'over-please' and 'bend-down-make-l Bleep-you-from-behind' to them.
Some Nigerians are very intelligent and could find real solutions to real problems but I must also say majority of Nigerians are too slow in thinking, dumb and exaggarative in policies benefit, everything is rocket science for them.
Internal economic is the bedrock of Nigeria's economy and just no effort to expand them, little Belgium build a man made Canal and it has become a major economic source for industries, transportation and different job creation. What have we done with River Niger and Benue? Nothing!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:
#thisislagos

Without security no tourist would be encouraged to visit there.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

Without security no tourist would be encouraged to visit there.

#thisislagos #neighbourhoodsecurity

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
Cough cough grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
#thisislagos #police

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

#staypositive

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
#thisislagos #waterways

grin grin

The Lagos Baba Egunmogaji2 won’t show you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:
#thisislagos #waterways

grin grin

The Lagos Baba Egunmogaji2 won’t show you

I don’t find anything compelling about that city. Nothing at all grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Cough cough grin
Hian shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

Hian shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t find anything compelling about that city. Nothing at all grin

Baba if other states are doing what LAGOS state is doing and stop depending so much on FG, we will have decentralized the center.

The skyline is changing very fast in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDP7LSC8yk

Below are proposed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
BrabusNG:

Do I like it? I can’t really say but I can’t but notice the buildings that had them.

They’re grande! They make some of my projects look like ancillary building.

Respect to the Igbos and their architects/ engineers. Tbh, those guys are very good!

Brabus are you stereotyping? What is it about the 'respect for Igbos' in that roofing? Are you suggesting that it is only Igbos that do or such high pitched roofs? I hope you are not because you are wrong if you are.

I am Igbo and I do not like and would not have such high roof on my building.

I would prefer having the lowest minimal pitch that would allow rain to run off the roof after rainfall. That is what I have now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Mayor78:

Brabus are you stereotyping? What is it about the 'respect for Igbos' in that roofing? Are you suggesting that it is only Igbos that do or such high pitched roofs? I hope you are not because you are wrong if you are.

I am Igbo and I do not like and would not have such high roof on my building.

I would prefer having the lowest minimal pitch that would allow rain to run off the roof after rainfall. That is what I have now.

I’m not suggesting. I just know that if you see 1000 of that roof, 930 out of it belongs to Igbo people.

Go to Festac, Abule Ado, Amuwo and it’s environ, you’ll understand what I’m saying.

I’m not stereotyping. I’m just stating the obvious.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

Baba if other states are doing what LAGOS state is doing and stop depending so much on FG, we will have decentralize the center.

The skyline is changing very fast in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDP7LSC8yk

Below are proposed.

Wetin I wan do with skyline? grin

Me that’s a village boy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
gbadexy:
you are learning fast.

Lol grin. Help! I can't stop laughing. Is he??

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seproperties(m): 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
Biofil Toilet Digester System ..Chat me up for further Talks via 09079811552

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

I happen to live where things are regulated and classified with common sense, so I have seen both side and all choice are not free sometimes beyond the maximum.

While you are free to spend your money as you want an extravagant plan beyond the classified requirement will be thoroughly scrutinized and 99% chance it would be rejected. I have learnt a lot in Nigeria and other part of the world to guide my judgement.

Like @true2home once wrote here: If a tenant is too big for what I have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter, I always advise them to go build their own house.
That philosophy is GENIUS! grin grin

There are lots of 4 bedrooms 7 bath houses all over the U.S and U.K .. I am not sure if things are regulated in those places grin

I lived in a studio one time that has 1.5 bath.

As for your last sentence, just like I said in my previous quote..there are 3 bed, 1 bath flats that people still hit their heads on the wall to rent. . Likewise there are areas in Nigeria where a land lord will have a hard time finding tenants for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment.

Market survey, market survey... build what you can rent quickly and steadily..unless you intend to live in all the flats grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Badgers14:

There are lots of 4 bedrooms 7 bath houses all over the U.S and U.K .. I am not sure if things are regulated in those places grin

I lived in a studio one time that has 1.5 bath.

As for your last quote, just like I said in my previous quote..there are 3 bed, 1 bath houses that people still hit their heads on the wall to rent. . Likewise there are areas in Nigeria where a land lord will have a hard time finding tenants for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment.

Market survey, market survey... build what you can rent quickly and steadily..unless you intend to live in all the flats grin grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=n3xt post=94368322][/quote]

undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) ... (3697) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drkay(m), psychologist(m), Itzkingtimmy(m), megacontrol(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.