Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4460852 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (3684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
Hi everyone,

I have issues with my plumbing system, there seem to be pressure issues in few of the rooms.

I was unfortunate with my choice of plumber. There is low pressure and no water at all coming in some part of the buildingm And then there are dampness and 'wet' walls in some areas. I have only called a plumber to check for leakage, which he claims he saw but the problem still persist.

Please, I will get a solution here, I need help guys. It's a new building. And i jst even painted.

What can I do?

So sorry that this is happening.

The experts will be waking up soon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
Hi everyone,

I have issues with my plumbing system, there seem to be pressure issues in few of the rooms.

I was unfortunate with my choice of plumber. There is low pressure and no water at all coming in some part of the buildingm And then there are dampness and 'wet' walls in some areas. I have only called a plumber to check for leakage, which he claims he saw but the problem still persist.

Please, I will get a solution here, I need help guys. It's a new building. And i jst even painted.

What can I do?

I can see that you are a new member here.
Next time kindly check for a professionals here to handle your project.
Yes you will surely get solution here

@ Rotech building concept
@Arbo contractor Ltd
Both firm are same and registered with CAC.
We can over you the solution to the problem.
- A deep check with pressure machine will be used to determine the leakages around the building 1st.
-We will also check the quality of pipe used
for the project to know if it’s adequate to withstand the water pressure at maximum bar.
And many more.

Contact us on
08066619493 call and whatzap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Good morning fellas!

How is that Felele axis of Lokoja in Kogi State? Is the area a flood bed or flood area whenever it rains or during [the] draining season?

I need info from those conversant with Lokoja because I want to make a decision about getting some plots of land around the Federal University permanent site.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Iron Rod price drop to N230k/tom.

It worth jubilation when you buying now, tomorrow is possible its ₦300k. Iron Rod is the most unstable price of building materials.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Praise da Lord!!!
It is projected to drop further.

Which grade is this price you quoted? TMT/Tiger TMT/Local?

I'll be needing quite a bit by December.

Chekitaut:
Iron Rod price drop to N230k/tom.

It worth jubilation when you buying now, tomorrow is possible its ₦300k. Iron Rod is the most unstable price of building materials.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2020
SAFETY TIP!

Tubular batteries maintenance cost is relatively high. You must buy batteries with a gallons of distilled water add cost and compare them with maintenance free battery . If you don't maintain battery on time, customer may ask refund or change under warranty time . Don't install these batteries in busy walkways area or closed non breath areas as hydrogen gas is hazardous & can cause fire .

Note: Install all flooded batteries with fireball - fire protection materials

Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...7,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Phurlareen44(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
We simply LISTEN, ACT and DELIVER..on our promises.
You can always trust us for quality Aluminium Roofing and Gerrard Supply and Installation, and get full value for your money.

Kindly call and lets get that roofing done

www.quickroofingsystems.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
megacontrol:
Praise da Lord!!!
It is projected to drop further.

Which grade is this price you quoted? TMT/Tiger TMT/Local?

I'll be needing quite a bit by December.

Local. 30k additional to Tiger
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shortgun(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
Hi everyone,

What can I do?
Is the building occupied?
How many floors?
What's ur source of water supply?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FlappaNozzle: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
It's a single storey. Not yet occupied...I want to fix all this issues before they move in. I have an overhead tank..with tanks for each flat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FlappaNozzle: 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

So sorry that this is happening.

The experts will be waking up soon.

Thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
Hi everyone,

What can I do?

Sorry this. Can i ask you some questions?

-Did you position overhead tank on the roof or you have a tank stanchion>>
-What type of pipe did your plumber used from from the overhead water tank to the surrounding
-What type of pipes did you use internally should in-case you plan o introduce pressure pump in order to have good pressure in all the bathrooms and toilets.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
How do you you deal with some clients. Two months ago, someone asked me for the price of something and I told her. Then last week, she came back and I gave her the price but this time it has increased a bit. She began to fume and accuse me of not wanting to work for her.

The whole thing just tire me

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timberwolves(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello, can someone help me with a sample of Memorandum of association and article, wanted to open my construction firm.... thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
michlins:
How do you you deal with some clients. Two months ago, someone asked me for the price of something and I told her. Then last week, she came back and I gave her the price but this time it has increased a bit. She began to fume and accuse me of not wanting to work for her.

When sending quotation next time to ANY client, always include any of the clauses below on your quote:

1. This quotation for ____ is for immediate acceptance and is subject to change by (your company) without notice. Quotations are valid for ___ days from the date of quotation.

2. Prices are based on current costs and therefore subject to change without notice to account for changes in the cost of raw materials and other direct costs beyond Seller's control.

No one will fume at this.

Guess what, it costs you nothing!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
michlins:

maybe by putting a clause (phrase) that the quotation is only valid for (say) 2 weeks from date displayed. OR by adding subject to change in market price.

U kant ki yourself ooh

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
n3xt:

When sending quotation next time to ANY client, always include any of the clauses below on your quote:

1. This quotation for ____ is for immediate acceptance and is subject to change by (your company) without notice. Quotations are valid for ___ days from the date of quotation.

2. Prices are based on current costs and therefore subject to change without notice to account for changes in the cost of raw materials and other direct costs beyond Seller's control.

thanks for the tips

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
kiekie1:
SAFETY TIP!

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Contact,
081-350-31951

A quick heads-up to you and any other Solar Installer on this forum, see if you can get funding from the CBN Solar Connection Facility:

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2020/DFD/Solar%20Connections%20Facility%20Guidelines%201.0.pdf

Worth a try. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I think it’s grotesque but as long as he’s happy cool

Well captured!! Aesthetics and class can't be bought.

The owner should have been advised to simply pick a mono colour than all these colour combinations.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LachlanConsid: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:
Hi everyone,

What can I do?

Hi. I do finishing work, such as how to stain concrete floors or sanding walls. However, I also have experience with the water supply system. Write me a problem and drop the information in a personal message.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
Wow! Thanks for this, it helpful.
n3xt:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
It been a while here, I have miss all the teaching from pros.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaora93: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello everyone. I have Compacting Roller Machine available for hire. Contact me on 08061328742.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
boyestic:

Remind me later today,I will.
Thank u God bless you. For u accept to edit, Whatever you lay your hand shall prosper, Men will stand to celebrate God in your life.

Respect

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FlappaNozzle: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
topsy23:

Sorry this. Can i ask you some questions?

-Did you position overhead tank on the roof or you have a tank stanchion>>
-What type of pipe did your plumber used from from the overhead water tank to the surrounding
-What type of pipes did you use internally should in-case you plan o introduce pressure pump in order to have good pressure in all the bathrooms and toilets.

Topsy thanks for this questions

1. I used a tank stanchion. With three tanks.
2. The internal work were thick grey and green thick pvc pipes all through . ( Only God knows if it's thick, I wasn't there)
Pressure pump will definitely hit hard on that pipe work.

There is duplex in front and a twin rented flat behind ..the stanchion that serves all the building is behind. So I guess the pressure isn't sufficient due to the long run to the duplex in front hence some toilets are starved. I really don't know how to solve that problem.

The same same Duplex has wet walls downstairs. I got a plumber to come check it out, the guy broke walls claimed fixed it but walls is still wet and it's spreading.
The down flat behind does not get any pressure at all
It's tank is at middle of the Stachion, there seem to be enough head, but it seems there is a blockage somewhere. The tank takes time to fill up and tank goes down fast without occupants yet in the house. Though there are workers who use water ones in a while but that's not enough to consume that much water in such a short space of time.

Just multiples issues here and there...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
FlappaNozzle:

Topsy thanks for this questions

1. I used a tank stanchion. With three tanks.
2. The internal work were thick grey and green thick pvc pipes all through . ( Only God knows if it's thick, I wasn't there)
Pressure pump will definitely hit hard on that pipe work.

There is duplex in front and a twin rented flat behind ..the stanchion that serves all the building is behind. So I guess the pressure isn't sufficient due to the long run to the duplex in front hence some toilets are starved. I really don't know how to solve that problem.

The same same Duplex has wet walls downstairs. I got a plumber to come check it out, the guy broke walls claimed fixed it but walls is still wet and it's spreading.
The down flat behind does not get any pressure at all
It's tank is at middle of the Stachion, there seem to be enough head, but it seems there is a blockage somewhere. The tank takes time to fill up and tank goes down fast without occupants yet in the house. Though there are workers who use water ones in a while but that's not enough to consume that much water in such a short space of time.

Just multiples issues here and there...

Damn guess there is leakage somewhere... plumber ought to have done pressure test before painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Abolarin91:
Wow! Thanks for this, it helpful.

Opening/starting a business is not enough in Nigeria, you need to learn how to protect yourself whether as a consumer or a service provider.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:28am On Oct 07, 2020
I’m fixing to start a rough plumbing job and need to get up to speed on central water heater system.

Some questions:

1) I’m going to assume that electric is used here in Nigeria versus propane?

2) It’s going to be installed in the attic of a bungalow, any hints for this location?

3) What’s a good brand that marries efficiency with cost?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a sample install.

Thanks.

#WaterHeater
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:35am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning. contact me for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2020
BRAND NEW SOLAR CC AT DISCOUNTED PRICE

30a mppt solar charge controller ... 35k flat
40a mppt solar charge controller ....60k

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty.
For best affordable prices contact,
The number 1 credible online store >>

WHATSAPP::: https:///send?phone=2348170385620

Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2020
kiekie1:
SAFETY TIP!

Tubular batteries maintenance cost is relatively high. You must buy batteries with a gallons of distilled water add cost and compare them with maintenance free battery . If you don't maintain battery on time, customer may ask refund or change under warranty time . Don't install these batteries in busy walkways area or closed non breath areas as hydrogen gas is hazardous & can cause fire .

Note: Install all flooded batteries with fireball - fire protection materials

Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...7,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
081-350-31951

Make l just waka-pass angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (3684) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.