Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4418148 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (3672) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yes, local bricklayer in Ibadan.

This is the very first attempt. I’m excited about future attempts.

Nice. Love the craftmanship

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
Twostep:
Thank you for the breakdown!

You’re welcome and good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir.

This was the alternate.

I think, as a collective of professionals and educated amateurs here, we should still provide real ideas on how to make these anti-burglary systems firesafe (ie, provide escape routes) while providing the required security.

There have been hints here and there but no concrete projects shared publicly as far as I'm aware.

It's a public service which could save lives.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
This is my kobo kobo project o. Thanks to all who have given me advice to have reach this point.

Plastering on going but on a bit by bit bases subject to availability of funds.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
jabolo:

I think, as a collective of professionals and educated amateurs here, we should still provide real ideas on how to make these anti-burglary systems firesafe (ie, provide escape routes) while providing the required security.

There have been hints here and there but no concrete projects shared publicly as far as I'm aware.

I completely agree with you.

I have one removable burglary in my bq and three will be in my main house.

While I cannot share mine due to security concern i strongly recommend to everyone to have at least one.

I have openable burglary, smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and one secret I have been keeping - a tornado siren powered by 24V battery.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
One4me:

Did anyone here asked you for how you feel?
Just because l mentioned Hajji M in my posts, that makes it harsh?
Did l lie against him that he recommended Deniss3D or is that just a statement of fact?
What is wrong in asking Hajj M to intervene, when the Contractor he recommended and the Client are having a fight? Even those of us that did not recommend, did we not intervene?

Even if you think my message was harsh directed at Hajji M , would it not be better for you to have allowed Hajji M to respond and for you to just ignore the message?
What do people like you gain by trying to bang the head of two people together?
Ask yourself this question: did my post made Hajji M and the One4Me friends or potential enemies?
When people cry more than the bereaved, it is obvious what they are up to.

I wont say anything but you have crucified yourself, with your own hand.
Adult Gossip and Hypocrisy, continue. undecided

No vex sir.

Apologies.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2020
Muyi002:
This is my kobo kobo project o. Thanks to all who have given me advice to have reach this point.

Wow!!! Oga Muyi, weldone sir. Nice structure
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
Muyi002:

120 bags for plastering of this house That's too much o...

You have spent 8million up till this stage?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aghaibiam(f): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

If I may?

1) Are all other outlets flowing water?

2) I have a filter at my stanchion and I’ve noticed increased pressure if I bleed it using the bleed needle on the filter.
Yes other outlets have water.The master bedroom has water and the shower head is another brand.I have no filter and will consider getting one.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aghaibiam(f): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
micgray100:

what I always advice clients in your situation is to remove all fitting like the brimix shower head, fitters and all new model tap heads first.. see the pressure of water yourself by controlling it from the main tap after the tank..

observe two things... leakage and pressure...

once you are satisfied with the two above... all fitting problems can be easily diagnosed.

Engr. Gbenga
Will do this and see what happens.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Nice one. I like it even more due to the security feature of the design as well. If an intruder wants to cut a member, it will take considerable amount of time compare to the last one you show. I hope people picking Modern styles pay attention to this mentioned. The purpose of the iron work is to slow down the invader; dont undermine it in your quest for look!!!

EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir.

This was the alternate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
KolaShangOne:

120 bags for plastering of this house That's too much o...

You have spent 8million up till this stage?

Sir Kay,

The 8million is inclusive of the cost of land and other pre-building expenses. Too much or normal or small

As regards the number of cement, it's only a projection for me in worst case scenario. See attached my proposed actual materials to be utilised on site

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
The fact that our builds are elementary allows for multitasking of our professionals. I bet you that in a complex build, no architect will want to be responsible for a Builder contractor's role.

Abolarin91:
He is not referring an architect here sir, he stand to take the job.
Software has made it easy for so many people to take architectural work sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
Nigerian Handymen/women can do anything you want, but you MUST be there with them to get the result you desire. Also, they are limited by their exposure; having travelled far and seen the world over, you are getting the result because you are not DOING OGA OGA, you are working in the trench with your men. Its the DIY US spirit.

EgunMogaji2:

Yes, local bricklayer in Ibadan.

This is the very first attempt. I’m excited about future attempts.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
aghaibiam:

Yes other outlets have water.The master bedroom has water and the shower head is another brand.I have no filter and will consider getting one.

Based on my experience, a filter is a required item.

Get the black cartridge because it has charcoal in it.

I change mine monthly and I always cut it open to inspect it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
Sure, no one will even risk employing an architect or builder for the role of an engineer.
true2home:

The fact that our builds are elementary allows for multitasking of our professionals. I bet you that in a complex build, no architect will want to be responsible for a Builder contractor's role.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
Good evening guys

Would appreciate if some of our suppliers here can assist with the prices of wires required in Lagos

Coleman and other strong brands

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
You're welcome sir.

I'm a Quantity Surveyor and always at your service.

Abolarin91:
Thank you for the tutelage sir, I tap more knowledge from your ananlysis cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
davodyguy:
Good evening guys

Would appreciate if some of our suppliers here can assist with the prices of wires required in Lagos

cc topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
Muyi002:

Sir Kay,

The 8million is inclusive of the cost of land and other pre-building expenses. Too much or normal or small

As regards the number of cement, it's only a projection for me in worst case scenario. See attached my proposed actual materials to be utilised on site

Thank God the progress on your project, I pray for more strength and funds for completion.
If this is a Kobo Kobo Project, am looking for the Naira Naira project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2020
davodyguy:
Good evening guys

Can you WhatsApp me on 08033643191
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

Marine / industrial paints would do wonders.

Did this for a client a while back.

This is matte right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
jabolo:

I have an experimental project I'm working on currently.

Might just give it a try.

The gag is to make sure anyone that sees it does not know its openable. That means no visible hinges.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damoche64: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
How much sir?

EgunMogaji2:
I'm selling a used gate in Elebu, Ibadan. It's in very good condition but could use paint. It's made from very solid metal.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
Muyi002:

Sir Kay,

Oh okay.. Didn't know.

It's also a big house.

God speed on your project sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Based on my experience, a filter is a required item.

Get the black cartridge because it has charcoal in it.

I change mine monthly and I always cut it open to inspect it.

@Egunmogaji, please could you answer my questions? I'd appreciate it.
1) Do the filters have to be installed by a plumber?

2) What is the price?

3) Does using a filter make the water drinkable?

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Thank God the progress on your project, I pray for more strength and funds for completion.
If this is a Kobo Kobo Project, am looking for the Naira Naira project.

Ameen Bro.

The Dollar Dollar project shall come, Inshaa Allah

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Oh okay.. Didn't know.

It's also a big house.

God speed on your project sir.

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
lorhema:

@Egunmogaji, please could you answer my questions? I'd appreciate it.
1) Do the filters have to be installed by a plumber?

2) What is the price?

3) Does using a filter make the water drinkable?

Thank you for your response.

1) If you’re into DIY, it’s very easy. If plumbing is there already it’s 10 minutes to put the filter in.

2) Its cheap but I’ll get back to you on the price. Maybe N5K?

3) I don’t drink the borehole water but use it for tooth brushing without swallowing. For me to drink it then I’ll have to invest in more beefy filtration system.

The biggest benefit for me is that it reduces junk from getting to my faucets.

The complete kit is N2,700 and comes with a regular white filter. The black filters I use are N600

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
Alrt sir
QSFemi:
You're welcome sir.

I'm a Quantity Surveyor and always at your service.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

Marine / industrial paints would do wonders.

Did this for a client a while back.

+1 for marine paints
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Getting this replicated off of Pinterest.

We need powdercoaters in Ibadan.

I used to know a guy around Mokola but that was a long time ago. I’ll ask from a friend if he’s still in the game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (3672) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Skydivine, huzzman and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.