Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,416 members, 7,839,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4453365 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (3681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:36pm On May 11
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 1:43pm On May 11
topsy23:
Call grin/ WhatsApp for cables today on 08033643191

What your best price for this

1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
6mm
10mm
16mm

Urgent need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 1:49pm On May 11
topsy23:
Call grin/ WhatsApp for cables today on 08033643191

What price for this

1mm
1.8mm
2.8mm
4mm
6mm
10mm
16mm

Coleman and purecem
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 2:08pm On May 11
Skydivine:

Is you like this marble Paladiana, I can direct you to the person that did mine

I will need the installer number thx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 2:20pm On May 11
Good day guru

Please how much tilers charges per square meter, location ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 3:49pm On May 11
Ugbioko Benin project started already
We are working on 486sqm this time

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 3:52pm On May 11
Plamer:
use Google
Do you think before you talk, type Wetin you talk for your phone and tell me your results grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Plamer: 4:01pm On May 11
christ007:

Do you think before you talk, type Wetin you talk for your phone and tell me your results grin grin
use web grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:05pm On May 11
otedola1:

What your best price for this

1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
6mm
10mm
16mm

Urgent need

Coleman
1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
6mm
10mm

New price would be released on Monday the price below is the old price.. They have stopped collecting payment yesteday afternoon. They told us that the price of copper has gone up again
Price/Coil: Coleman
1.5sqmm #27,000
2.5sqmm # 44,000
4sqmm. #70,500
6sqmm. #107,200
10sqmn #179,000

Price/Coil: Witchtec
1sqmm. #19,000
1.5sqmm #26,500
2.5sqmm # 44,000
4sqmm. #70,000
6sqmm. #104,000
10sqmn #171,000

The only stable price now is Nigerchin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:32pm On May 11
sekzy99:
Chai!

Make una help me reason this quote oooo.

I want to do the floor slab of my 3.5 rooms bungalow and this is the quote the Engr is giving me:

1. Sharp sand Double - 215k
2. Granite 10tonnes (Local)130k
3. 35 bags of Cement 8100/bag
4. Labour installation 80k

NB: the house has been roofed.

I don't think you'll use that much sharp sand BUT... let's not assume,

If you haven't done it yet, send the floor plan and at least a picture of the place you want to slab.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:35pm On May 11
Jamie90:
Please Engineers, who can help me calculate this various room sizes for tiling estimation.

Why worry when you can do it yourself (DIY). >> https://www.nairaland.com/5420029/how-calculate-quantity-tiles-needed

If you still need help after reading the article, Tag Me.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:39pm On May 11
ajabani4allah:
I have two questions concerning my 3 bedroom bungalow house project

1. It's at the roofing stage, the size is 52ft by 20ft plus the verandah( verandah is not having shoot out) pls how much will the roofing cost. Pls note: I won't be using fancy and expensive roofing sheet just the normal type and very low roofing angle

2. Is ring soak-away pit advisable? I don't want to construct the convectional soak-away pit

No1 can calculate how much material you need for your project without having an idea of it's size.

You'll need to send the plan and roof plan to get the quantities.

On the ring soak away.... How big is your land? - this is because if its a small land, your water source (Borehole) might be polluted.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 8:18pm On May 11
twinskenny:

You are not an Engr’ and you given an Engr advice? Who’s said 4mm is too small for heater and ac??
Hello Sir,
How possible is it to depend solely on solar for domestic cooking instead of gas. I know it has to be with electronic stove. Like how many kw?
And can a fully charged system cook a big pot of beans from start to finish?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 8:25pm On May 11
topsy23:

4mm is enough for AC and water heater,,,. Buying 6mm or higher cable for AC and water heater is a waste of money. price of cable is not smiling these days... Even 2.5mm at times is used for 1HP .. Do not give him wrong advice

I have engineers around me nd I always listen nd consult them before embarking on anything.

How could you say am giving him wrong advice.

On my own project, I used 25mm recline from pole, 16mm for load from the cutout to distribution board, then 2.5 nd 1.5 for load sharing to sockets nd switches.

Bear in mind no body is an Highland of knowledge.

If u r talking of cables high prices these days it's understandable, especially Coleman and Nigerchin but never u say am giving him wrong advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:48pm On May 11
Akerewe:

I have engineers around me nd I always listen nd consult them before embarking on anything.

How could you say am giving him wrong advice.

On my own project, I used 25mm recline from pole, 16mm for load from the cutout to distribution board, then 2.5 nd 1.5 for load sharing to sockets nd switches.

Bear in mind no body is an Highland of knowledge.

If u r talking of cables high prices these days it's understandable, especially Coleman and Nigerchin but never u say am giving him wrong advice.

Boss... I studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering and i have been practicing for more than 10yeas now. I design, and also install. I have never design using above 4mmsq cable for split unit. 4mm cable is enough 1hp, 1.5hp, 2hp and 2.5hp and 3hp AC. The only way you can consider 6mm cable is when you are installing 5HP 3-phase AC.

What size of cable did you use for your water heater and AC?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 9:09pm On May 11
For your swimming pool construction, call 08123275855

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 9:13pm On May 11
topsy23:

Boss... I studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering and i have been practicing for more than 10yeas now. I design, and also install. I have never design using above 4mmsq cable for split unit. 4mm cable is enough 1hp, 1.5hp, 2hp and 2.5hp and 3hp AC. The only way you can consider 6mm cable is when you are installing 5HP 3-phase AC.

What size of cable did you use for your water heater and AC?

Like I said earlier, I am not an engineer, so I agree with you in totality.

I used 6mm for water heater and ac.

The highest gauge of cables quoted by my electrician is 6mm but like I said I listen to engineers around me nd follow their advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 9:53pm On May 11
Billions123:

Thanks boss, I even git someone to do it cheaper.

Workmanship 116k
Materials 7 bags of cement, binding wire, Tornado nail, and sharp sand which I already have.

Some artisans are mental, the 780k just for window hood in a bungalow shock me.

Can you assist with the contact of the person. Maybe when he is done with your work, he can come to Ibadan and do mine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 10:51pm On May 11
Thanks for respond...,which company or market I can get the material
topsy23:

Coleman
1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
6mm
10mm

New price would be released on Monday the price below is the old price.. They have stopped collecting payment yesteday afternoon. They told us that the price of copper has gone up again
Price/Coil: Coleman
1.5sqmm #27,000
2.5sqmm # 44,000
4sqmm. #70,500
6sqmm. #107,200
10sqmn #179,000

Price/Coil: Witchtec
1sqmm. #19,000
1.5sqmm #26,500
2.5sqmm # 44,000
4sqmm. #70,000
6sqmm. #104,000
10sqmn #171,000

The only stable price now is Nigerchin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 3:21am On May 12
rotecch77:

Nice one

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 7:18am On May 12
Congratulations to my Client... New House warming was massive Yesterday... Click https://www.nairaland.com/7900971/construction-proposed-4bedroom-duplex for Details about the Project.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:26am On May 12
otedola1:
Thanks for respond...,which company or market I can get the material

I will not advice you to go to open market to source for the cables because there area alot of fake cables in the market now. These guys are taking advantage of the present economy situation to sell the fake products. You can visit my legit distributor.. You can as well contact me...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chidimercy: 7:40am On May 12
Please house, is it okay to used washed gravel to do my fence cap and what is the best mixture for it. Chippings are now very scarce and expensive and I am afraid since rain would be constantly falling on fence cap if its going to affect the durability. I need professional suggestion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:47am On May 12
Akerewe:

Like I said earlier, I am not an engineer, so I agree with you in totality.

I used 6mm for water heater and ac.

The highest gauge of cables quoted by my electrician is 6mm but like I said I listen to engineers around me nd follow their advice.

Now I understand you, if your engineer is a civil engineer he might not know the size of cables.. I can bet it with you that the cable bought for your water heater and AC is 4mm.. They collected money for 6mm and buy 4mm cable.

I have seen some electrician recommending 50mm armoured cable for a 2- bedroom bungalow, FOR WHAT??.. Make sure you get expert advice to avoid paying excess money. The recent I got from one of the member here was so crazy.... See below quantity
1.5mm
Red 8
Black 8

2.5mm
Red 5
Black 5

10mm
Red 2
Black 2

Above list are for single 2bedroom flat as quoted by electrician and civil engineer... So if the man did not contacted me he would have bought all the cables and the left over be taken away.

Before you select your supply cables, there is calculation to be done for the total load in the building..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 8:34am On May 12
topsy23:

Now I understand you, if your engineer is a civil engineer he might not know the size of cables.. I can bet it with you that the cable bought for your water heater and AC is 4mm.. They collected money for 6mm and buy 4mm cable.

I have seen some electrician recommending 50mm armoured cable for a 2- bedroom bungalow, FOR WHAT??.. Make sure you get expert advice to avoid paying excess money. The recent I got from one of the member here was so crazy.... See below quantity
1.5mm
Red 8
Black 8

2.5mm
Red 5
Black 5

10mm
Red 2
Black 2

Above list are for single 2bedroom flat as quoted by electrician and civil engineer... So if the man did not contacted me he would have bought all the cables and the left over be taken away.

Before you select your supply cables, there is calculation to be done for the total load in the building..

U r absolutely right, that's their doings.
That's y I advice the guy not to follow their quote and he should personally check everything physically if possible he should involve third party engineer to ascertain the quantity.

But in my own case I bought my cables direct from a major distributor myself because Coleman cables prices is not a child's play.

Can you believe me that my electrician quote excess pipping fittings and after day one work on site he went home with keys as against our agreement that he should drop the key for my inspection.

I called him to know y he went away with the keys, he said he forgot to drop it and since he's resuming very early the next day I shouldn't bother. I took spare keys nd was wow at the quantity of materials left bectthe job is already at 75%.

So I decided to do video coverage of all the job he has done nd the left over materials nd gave him voice not to go away with my materials.

After all the job I still have up to some bundles of pipe, U ways, couplers gum and some adaptable boxes.

It's better U crosscheck whatever they quote or even buy 70% of their quote nd monitor the job thoroughly because they make more than their payment from ur materials.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrKingOvie: 8:53am On May 12
Between Nigerchin and Coleman which is better?, I'd hate to have to buy new wires or rewire after 3years...I want to be cost effective but not at the expense of quality though.... Topsy I hope it's you I messaged directly on Whatsapp yesterday because I still haven't gotten a response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:14am On May 12
Chidimercy:
Please house, is it okay to used washed gravel to do my fence cap and what is the best mixture for it. Chippings are now very scarce and expensive and I am afraid since rain would be constantly falling on fence cap if its going to affect the durability. I need professional suggestion.
You can with less Sand... Don't forget to add waterproof chemical to your mixture.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:12am On May 12
MrKingOvie:
Between Nigerchin and Coleman which is better?, I'd hate to have to buy new wires or rewire after 3years...I want to be cost effective but not at the expense of quality though.... Topsy I hope it's you I messaged directly on Whatsapp yesterday because I still haven't gotten a response.

Sir, Nigerchin and Coleman are good cos they are both Nigeria cables.. The only different between them is their insulation. Nigerchin is the best among all the cables, your[b][/b] can never see double length in their cables and their cable is always 100m complete.

Boss, I got your message yeaterday but the reason why I couldn't reply you was that all cable manufacturers are changes price from Monday and they have stopped collecting money since Friday morning.. The only reliable price is nigerchin cable because they normally send 3 weeks notice before they increase price... So sorry for that boss... Dollar is going up and price of copper has gone up as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:12am On May 12
Akerewe:

U r absolutely right, that's their doings.
That's y I advice the guy not to follow their quote and he should personally check everything physically if possible he should involve third party engineer to ascertain the quantity.

But in my own case I bought my cables direct from a major distributor myself because Coleman cables prices is not a child's play.

Can you believe me that my electrician quote excess pipping fittings and after day one work on site he went home with keys as against our agreement that he should drop the key for my inspection.

I called him to know y he went away with the keys, he said he forgot to drop it and since he's resuming very early the next day I shouldn't bother. I took spare keys nd was wow at the quantity of materials left bectthe job is already at 75%.

So I decided to do video coverage of all the job he has done nd the left over materials nd gave him voice not to go away with my materials.

After all the job I still have up to some bundles of pipe, U ways, couplers gum and some adaptable boxes.

It's better U crosscheck whatever they quote or even buy 70% of their quote nd monitor the job thoroughly because they make more than their payment from ur materials.

Yeah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GigLad: 10:41am On May 12
Someone please check the quotation for me. I am not in Nigeria and I’m trying to build my first project.

Thanks all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 10:54am On May 12
Muyesky:
Lasercut sliding gate ready for delivery. cool

These look clean, do you fabricate the Lasercut pattern yourself or do you contract it out?

I need to procure several small pieces of these, are you able to help?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:24pm On May 12
decatalyst:

Can you assist with the contact of the person. Maybe when he is done with your work, he can come to Ibadan and do mine.
we can give you what you want we base in ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (3681) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.