Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4421466 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Thank you bros.

I really dont like when people try to form Lord over any aspect of life.

We learn, we re-learn because changes occur every day!!!

What's the point of going to Calabar to get 30tonnes for 340 to 350k when it will take 2 days, several task force delays etc to get to PH when I can go just after Akpajio from Odani junction which is a 10minutes drive to get a metered chipping.

I don't buy from Eleme junction because there's no metering.

Please tell him there is a WEIGH BRIDGE at the dump site near Eleme Petrochemical.
U
I rest my case.

U just said it all. Any chipping from Chinese yard crossing aba road is 30k above for transport. Those Eleme bridge chipping get comma ooo. No metering and the other things I can not mention here. That story for another

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2020
topsy23:

With how many batteries

Just inverter

Original battery (not fake) starts from N120,000 for 200AH
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you sir. I’m being quoted double that here angry

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Is there quarry in PH?

No quarry in PHC, the geology of the area is purly sedimentary and deltaic, no any form of magma intrusion that can give igneous or metamorphic rock.

What the Chinese company do is too bring massive boulders into PHC, crush them to different size and sell.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=n3xt post=95868474]

I really can’t remember but at a point I felt it’s almost cheaper/faster for me to ask chekitaut to bring the chippings for me from South West.

Thanks at sako28 for your response.

Thanks n3xt also.

At Chekitaut using -/+330k as a bench mark according to sako28 for deliveries from Calabar. How much do you charge bringing from the SW to PHC for 30tons since n3xt says yours seems less in price?

Also is there any quarry in Edo State and what's the price difference.

Thanks for all your responses.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by williamsetuk(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2020
PRODUCT OF THE DAY

Welcome To ASHRON VIEW ESTATE PHASE 1

Are you looking for a buy and build estate in Ibeju Lekki where people have started building? Choose Ashron View Estate Phase 1.

Ashron View Estate Phase 1 is a serviced and classical estate suitable for residential and commercial purposes.

Alatishe, Lekki, Lagos. Just 5 minutes drive from Novare Mall.

PRICE: #2M

PLOT SIZE: 670 Sqm

TITLE: Gazette

TOPOGRAPHY: 100% dry land

NEIGBOURHOODS:
-Shoprite Sangotedo
-Emperor Estate
-Crown Estate
-Nicon Town II
-Chois Gardens
-Fara Park
-Caleb Int'l School Abijo

ESTATE FEATURES:
-Street Light
-Borehole
-Drainage System
-Recreational Center
-Good Road Network
-Gated & Secured Environment

Ashron View Estate Phase 1:-
This land is free from government acquisition because it has been registered.

Get instant allocation immediately after the payment. Flexible payment plans available for 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months.

For site inspection and further enquiries, Call/Whatsapp +2348146053752
+2349016667680
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2020
n3xt:

This is good!

Pls do share his contact with us. Thanks.

That picture looks so foreign. I doubt if the build itself and the door in question are Nigerian.

Most locally hard wood security/entrance doors in Nigeria, that are well designed and made, usually does not exceed the design and make you posted one time. If you remember that entrance door you posted in front of brown brick wall.

I stand to be corrected by the OP. That door is a usual European design.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2020
sako28:

No quarry in PHC, the geology of the area is purly sedimentary and deltaic, no any form of magma intrusion that can give igneous or metamorphic rock.

What the Chinese company do is too bring massive boulders into PHC, crush them to different size and sell.

Okay then.

I can see part of the confusion.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2020
Focusmind:

That picture looks so foreign. I doubt if the build itself and the door in question are Nigerian.

Most locally hard wood security/entrance doors in Nigeria, that are well designed and made, usually does not exceed the design and make you posted one time. If you remember that entrance door you posted in front of brown brick wall.

I stand to be corrected by the OP. That door is a usual European design.

I'm with you but always looking, even hoping, to be educated otherwise.

We really need local folks to up their game.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2020
Chekitaut:
Granite(Shippings) is not cheap across states anymore. Price per ton range from ₦3200-₦4000/ton Haulage Services service range from ₦30k above. If naira is face by another devaluation definitely price will raise.

As it is Cement may get to ₦5,000/bag before end of this year.. 2 things we watch for, if Dangote increase cost of production, transporters will also increase ...other manufacturers will follow suit.

At the bolded I read somewhere in Abia State the governor and government is clamping down on anyone who sells above #2600 or thereabout

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2020
n3xt:

Smiles. I’ll send you samples if you want or give you the link to the Chinese company selling it for further discussion.

My concrete mixer drum sef is PVC grin How about that?
The world changed already.

Trust me bestest buddy I don't use the Chinese for any sort of quality measurements grin

Your concrete mixer drum is made of PVC (surely you weren't hoping to shock me with that were you Brabus?) cheesy

Lots of things are made with PVC but I consider the application.

The world has indeed changed because we now have the internets for research.

https://www.ecowatch.com/why-you-should-avoid-pvc-products-1881927242.html

PS: Educate me on Marine board when you get a chance if you feel like it. I want to start using it on my projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2020
sako28:

Oga kola, no is not disrespect oo. U are an elder here. I stay in PH. And that the reality we face here. I Just got 25 tones last week from the Chinese company at the rate of 10k per tonne. That why in PHC some people you Periwecule shell to mix cement and sand to cast floor and some little work. What compensate us small in PHC is that will spend less than 150k to get bolehore.

Do people still use periwinkle shells for flooring in PHC.......
What happened to using 3/8(Coarse).....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2020
bixton:

At the bolded I read somewhere in Abia State the governor and government is clamping down on anyone who sells above #2600 or thereabout

https://www.nairaland.com/6242556/anybody-caught-selling-cement-above

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Trust me bestest buddy I don't use the Chinese for any sort of quality measurements grin

Your concrete mixer drum is made of PVC (surely you weren't hoping to shock me with that were you Brabus?) cheesy

Lots of things are made with PVC but I consider the application.

The world has indeed changed because we now have the internets for research.

https://www.ecowatch.com/why-you-should-avoid-pvc-products-1881927242.html

PS: Educate me on Marine board when you get a chance if you feel like it. I want to start using it on my projects.

I’ll do this later today or tomorrow if possible.

Right now, I’m already moving towards 28mm Shipping Container Flooring Plywood for lintels and beams.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2020
n3xt:

I’ll do this later today or tomorrow if possible.

Right now, I’m already moving towards 28mm Shipping Container Flooring Plywood for lintels and beams.

Ok thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Don't sound so sure if you're not sure of something bros.

When last were you in Port Harcourt? I'm telling you I personally used my 2 legs to buy granite and you're insinuating that it's a lie? That's disrespectful please.
Let be peace, no be everything be fight i just said no quarry in PHC & if the price will blow imagination, some1 then confirm is 10k/ton. I now proof you can not buy goods worth 300k and transport for 20k. Sm1 reading your words will think is that easy & cheap.

Pls sorry if my words sound some how, i come in/with peace.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2020
dam4sam:

Can you please tell us how a customer can identify a local-local Steel in the market?
Any Iron Rod without the name inscription on it pls do not buy... You can not hold any company responsible for it error in production.

Buy iron rod with name inscription on it. Save money, safe life.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2020
n3xt:

I remember. That’s what nearly prompted me to ask if you can deliver to PH.

The cost is just a part. The road and the task force issh is something else to deal with.
Task force bill will be added to the consignment, client will be responsible unto 5k or 10k i get from delivery i will pay 15k(some terrain). Ha no ooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2020
Jasobry:
This wooden door is made in locally... I want to use same design for my entrance door. How cool is it?
. It's nice.
How much is it? am interested.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by krak101(m): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2020
Jasobry:
This wooden door is made in locally... I want to use same design for my entrance door. How cool is it?
I actually love it, I low key want to build something with designs different from the regular. Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2020
krak101:

I actually love it, I low key want to build something with designs different from the regular. Good luck.

gandkiss:

. It's nice.
How much is it? am interested.

The maker should please join us abeg cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2020
davodyguy:

Just inverter

Original battery (not fake) starts from N120,000 for 200AH

Yes you are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The maker should please join us abeg cool

grin grin grin

I trust you. The maker should come abeg. I am also interested. I be kobo kobo o

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
bixton:

Do people still use periwinkle shells for flooring in PHC.......
What happened to using 3/8(Coarse).....

Yes they still use periwinkle shells for flooring and small slap.
3/8 is still available. Some people with strong mind mix 3/8 with granite do decking. But for me that a very bad idea.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
valencia2012:

Nice choice in my opinion. Especially from the most solid wood and the bricks ideas for the frame. I'll be following your progress as am looking at such entrance door too.
Wishing you God's blessings.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
Focusmind:

grin grin grin

I trust you. The maker should come abeg. I am also interested. I be kobo kobo o

The maker is not a nairalander based in the east...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
2weeks ago i took 30tons to AirForce base @ ₦370k, Elele @₦350k in PHC from Edo, because Calabar truckers are not ready to go.

Chinese control 80% of Quarry in Nigeria, the dump site service in PHC, i heard of it but i choose not to patronise or visit because putting into consideration logistics from wherever they are bringing the stone to crush no economy sense patronising.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2020
twinskenny:
for electrical, cctv, whole house audio system, electric security fence, intercom. call us
check our thread for work pictures...

https://www.nairaland.com/twinskenny/topics

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Chekitaut:
2weeks ago i took 30tons to AirForce base @ ₦370k, Elele @₦350k in PHC from Edo, because Calabar truckers are not ready to go.

Chinese control 80% of Quarry in Nigeria, the dump site service in PHC, i heard of it but i choose not to patronise or visit because putting into consideration logistics from wherever they are bringing the stone to crush no economy sense patronising.

Bros, the truth is getting from the Chinese in PHC make lot of sense, no panic no stress. Expensive though but your mind is at rest.
Have order for 60 tones of chippings before from calabar, 30 tones arrived in 3 days but the last 30 tones took a week due to bad road that damage the truck. May God help us in Nigeria. If there was rail all this movement will be much easier.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
sako28:

wow building in PHC will be more expensive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darelar(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2020
n3xt:

I love people who are honest with themselves. At a point in one of my personal build, I couldn’t afford POP so I opted for PVC in all rooms but kitchen (I had slab in the kitchen).

A year later, I removed everything and installed POP in every room and screeded even all the walls.

I did that when I know I can afford it.

It’s not PVC that’s bad. Poor installation, lack of good maintenance culture, and trying to cut corners are always the major cause of problems.

PVC is present in various elements, from toys and tools to some construction materials and it’s not as if they just without a cause.

I can still share a ten year old external ceiling PVC installation. It’s still standing firm and solid.

You're correct. I have PVC installed in my house and even in my kitchen from 2010 till date. I even installed the sitting room, lobby and corridor myself when the carpenter don't want to finish my work after collecting money. The quality of the PVC will determine the perfection of the installer will determine.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=Jasobry post=95885920][/quote]

I still prefer the first coffee coloured to this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SurveyorGeo, oxx4 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.