Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400824 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2020
ThatHistoryGuy:

Don't mind those against you using black tiles for sitting room. Believe me it's one of the best options for sitting room. It always turns out awesome
pls what's the name of that white square like cube used in interior. They do set it like tiles. Hope u understand what I need? I need that thing and can't get pictures anywhere because I don't even know the name
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2020
zuraking:
pls what's the name of that white square like cube used in interior. They do set it like tiles. Hope u understand what I need? I need that thing and can't get pictures anywhere because I don't even know the name

Do you mean glass blocks?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2020
glass blocks?

zuraking:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2020
spyder880:

Do you mean glass blocks?
exactly. Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2020
megacontrol:
glass blocks?

where can I get it and the price idea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2020
Same places where you buy tiles... e.g. orile and other tiles/plumbing market for Lagos

Where is your location?

zuraking:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 11:17am On Nov 11, 2020
megacontrol:
Same places where you buy tiles... e.g. orile and other tiles/plumbing market for Lagos

Where is your location?

Lagos. Can I get brown colors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2020
Nice attempt?? Not exactly sure what that means or what you are insinuating...

Since you have seen the thread he never made any claims he made door but only offering to make replication with guarantees ...

Focusmind:

I appreciate. But I have eagle eyes when it comes to finished works. I have seen this thread before. 99% of doors in that picture are all Internet pictures except one or two, which are the usual Nigerian wood doors.

The thread owner even confirmed it. It is for you to select the design of your choice and it would be made. Selecting the design is not the problem but artistically getting it up to the standard displayed in the sample pictures. It is not that our people are not good but they lack the necessary finishing tools, detailing required and the kind of materials used overseas.

Nice attempt. I know Dubemcapital anyway, the owner of the thread. He is a well known builder on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Good morning.

You can budget the range of 35m to 45m

atomic1111:
Please, how much can be used to construct 5bedroom duplex in 50/50 land all in suit. With parapet, stone coated roof, wall screeding, POP, Tilling, wiring, kitchen cabinets and walldrop. Leave painting and electric fittings. I need urgent responds. Location is owerri IMO state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2020
atomic1111:
Please, how much can be used to construct 5bedroom duplex in 50/50 land all in suit. With parapet, stone coated roof, wall screeding, POP, Tilling, wiring, kitchen cabinets and walldrop. Leave painting and electric fittings. I need urgent responds. Location is owerri IMO state.

Budget N28m- Average finishing.
Carcass 13 - 15m

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:46am On Nov 11, 2020
ThatHistoryGuy:

Don't mind those against you using black tiles for sitting room. Believe me it's one of the best options for sitting room. It always turns out awesome
l concur with you, l used it in one of my project and it was lovely, it is similar to the tile pictures posted by spyder88 in the previous page but I think it boils down to individual preferences and choice, "one man's meat is another man's poison "

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 11:51am On Nov 11, 2020
zuraking:

Hi sir
Am not even sure what you mean .Is it in form of tile? Or is it glass block ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AXYZ: 11:57am On Nov 11, 2020
zuraking:
1.570m roofing. Where are we going in Nigeria? sad

You don't mean it!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
AngelicBeing:
l concur with you, l used it in one of my project and it was lovely, it is similar to the tile pictures posted by spyder88 in the previous page but I think it boils down to individual preferences and choice, "one man's meat is another man's poison "

Exactly Sir.

Ivory and Cream colors for me in Naija.

Easier to spot snakes on them grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Exactly Sir.

Ivory and Cream colors for me in Naija.

Easier to spot snakes on them grin
Hian, High chief EgunMogaji don't scare me with snake stories o, I recalled when I was in Nigeria, l think around 2018, l looked over my bathroom window and I saw a snake crawling on my neighbors fence shocked, l was scared to my bones, l hate to see snakes and that is why l don't allow anything green around any of my buildings grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uyi213: 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good day, I have a Half/Plot of Land with a Room And Parlour and a self contain foundation on it in Akobo Ibadan. I have finding it difficult building it for some time now as I intend to let it out . People in the area have built their houses and it’s remaining only me. I day fear make them no sell am for me for my back sef lol. I am based in Lagos.

Please I need help to any loan or property developers who can loan me some money to build it up ( so as to avoid them using substandard materials) and the Rent goes the lender for a agreed period of time..

Any more suggestions will be welcomed please

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, High chief EgunMogaji don't scare me with snake stories o, I recalled when I was in Nigeria, l think around 2018, l looked over my bathroom window and I saw a snake crawling on my neighbors fence shocked, l was scared to my bones, l hate to see snakes and that is why l don't allow anything green around any of my buildings grin

An artisan killed a snake in my estate some months back. About 12 feet long and 3 inches in diameter.

That I was practically sharing space with the thing got me weak.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
Uyi213:
Good day, I have a Half/Plot of Land with a Room And Parlour and a self contain foundation on it in Akobo Ibadan. I have finding it difficult building it for some time now as I intend to let it out . People in the area have built their houses and it’s remaining only me. I day fear make them no sell am for me for my back sef lol. I am based in Lagos.

Please I need help to any loan or property developers who can loan me some money to build it up ( so as to avoid them using substandard materials) and the Rent goes the lender for a agreed period of time..

Any more suggestions will be welcomed please

Is it fenced and gated? If not you should do that.

What you’re proposing is not feasible. Too little of an investment to be worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nettuno:

That is what I think I can afford. Pop is on the high side for me.

If you can't Afford POP, then i suggest you do suspended ceiling. It's more expensive then PVC, but cheaper than POP.

Pic1: This is 3 different quotes i got recently for 171sqm of PVC ceiling.
The first quote is for 12 inches models. Check Pic3 for samples
The second quote is for 8 inches models. Check pic4
The third quote is for 7 inches models. Check my next comment
Note: the 40k attached to each quote if for labour.

Pic2: This is for the same job(171sqm) using suspended ceiling. Check my next comment for samples of suspended ceilings.

Pic3: Samples of 12 inches PVC ceiling.

Pic4: Samples of 8 inches PVC ceiling.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good Afternoon My Ogas, contact us for your land survey services. 08069018449. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Cont.. From my previous comment.
Pic5: Samples of 7 inches PVC ceiling

Pic6: Ceiling done with Suspended ceiling

Pic7: Ceiling done with suspended ceiling

Pic8: A sample of Suspended ceiling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
...Double post..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2020
zuraking:
Glass block is 1500 per block

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Please How much is bag of cement in your location now?

Is there any hope it will go back to normal price? Thinking if I should pause my project. What do you think?? I need suggestions please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
write2obi:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
write2obi:

. please, is this suspended ceiling the same as Nigerite ceiling boards?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
joycluv:
. please, is this suspended ceiling the same as Nigerite ceiling boards?
No. It's not.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kindly display other sample designs (if you have) of this ceiling board especially plain white colours.

write2obi:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=Jasobry post=95917098][/quote]Are these door local made, if yes please post the maker link here. I may have some job for him if his prices are pocket friendly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good afternoon my Good people.

please contact us today for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials all at shikini money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
AXYZ:

You don't mean it!
that's the fact. Nigeria is becoming worst. I got 1.350m for same roofing last year. I did it 1.570m recently
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
write2obi:

Glass block is 1500 per block
okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AngelicBeing and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.