Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371796 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
michlins:
na that same limitations make me use that kpalasa key

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
BEST ROOFING MATERIALS LIMITED is a roofing contracting company specialized in installation and supply of all kinds of aluminium roofing sheet, stone coated roofing sheet, aluminium doors and windows, water collector. Enjoy 50 years warranty on all our products. We deliver nationwide and services and products are second to none.

For more information

Tel: 08059005022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2020
Starsun Aluminium Roofing Limited is a roofing contracting company specialized in installation and supply of all kinds of aluminium roofing sheet, stone coated roofing sheet, aluminium doors and windows, water collector. Enjoy 50 years warranty on all our products. We deliver nationwide and services and products are second to none.

For more enquiries call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
Wingnut007:

Kindly share your findings about the locations when you are done.

Went to inspect an estate at Bogije yesterday and attached are the pictures of my findings. That swamp is a cause of concern to me. Going to Ebute side of Ikorodu tomorrow to make some findings and also to inspect some plots.

Please confirm the status of the land before you make any financial commitment, so that you can be sure that you are not buying government acquired land. To check the status is almost free but the consequences can be costly and psychological.
cc: somehow

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
twinskenny:
for electrical, cctv, whole house audio system, electric security fence, intercom. call us
check our thread for work pictures...

https://www.nairaland.com/twinskenny/topics
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
twinskenny:

Tricky stuff this time around

9k per bag of cement
I need about 50 bags and someone said ABS is now ₦10,000.

Where are we going in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
Apart from VI, Ikoyi, Central Lagos and maybe Lekki phase 1, can somebody educate me on the attraction of the island lands?

I'm thinking, why should I buy a swamp, wet land, or a mash for 5 million Naira and use another 12 million Naira to starbilize the land and build just the foundation?

I'm looking at photos being posted here of available lands in the island, to be honest, I'm not impressed not only with the quality of the land but also the quality of the area. I'm not even seeing the potential of any future quality well planned location.

Am I missing something? If you think I am, please educate. Or are there no more land in the mainland?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
diordaves:
Apart from VI, Ikoyi, Central Lagos and maybe Lekki phase 1, can somebody educate me on the attraction of the island lands?

I'm thinking, why should I buy a swamp, wet land, or a mash for 5 million Naira and use another 12 million Naira to starbilize the land and build just the foundation?

I'm looking at photos being posted here of available lands in the island, to be honest, I'm not impressed not only with the quality of the land but also the quality of the area. I'm not even seeing the potential of any future quality well planned location.

Am I missing something? If you think I am, please educate. Or are there no more land in the mainland?
I have thought about that myself, I would rather look for something in mainland or in Ogun.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
omanzo02:
I have thought about that myself, I would rather look for something in mainland or in Ogun.

grin Ogun state

Funny but very smart choice.

I don't know why people hit their head on the walls to buy swamp lands.. well, their money their choice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
omanzo02:

10 years ago, I saw this. They claimed we’re not rich.

Ogun state is just so unlucky though. Shortsighted leaders in government.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
Yes sir smiley
shortgun:

Thank you but I think my post is simple enough.
I need a Roofer that can work in Enugu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
n3xt:

Finally, I'm beginning to see my chateau decision falling in right places.

You will not believe that I only need to drive for 90 mins from my Chateau to Ajah Lagos using the Epe road. The only reason it'll take that long is because of the bad and very lonely road. When I was picking the place, I already envisage that one government will definitely see the need to bridge the link between Lagos and neighbouring cities and decongest Lagos mainland for proper megacity plan but many people don't see it. I was expecting the present government in Ogun state to have align with the same vision but I think he too is doing well cos the final link road to My Chateau-Agbowa-Itokin-Epe-Ajah expressway has been approved for expansion into a 4 lane road even though they've not done it but the project board has been installed.

Now, with the ongoing 10 lane road and the whole lot of activities happening on that corridor especially on Itokin-Agbowa-Ikorodu road, I guess it's time to go back home. Cos I can easily drive 20 mins to Agbowa /Imota and fly a boat to anywhere in Lekki or drive maximum 60 mins from Sagamu to Ajah.

God bless good vision. Time to invest in the future for the great great great grandkids!!

This was my post in 2016!

Today, I can set out on motorbike from Sagamu to Imota and get to Badore within 90 mins. Someone on the mainland (where land is sold #15m - #50m per plot) will spend more time to travel down to same Badore.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2020

This is what's always missing from the Nigerian experience, the ability for developers to have continuous foresight. IMHO.

Baba Egunmogaji2 reply that year grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:01am On Nov 23, 2020
Breaking News: Dollar may raise to ₦500, CBN will be force to carry out another devaluation.

Iron rod, Cement, Granite, Sharp Sand all Building Materials will skyrocket.

Our Granite still remain @ $500/30ton, Island, VI, Ikoyi, Lekki-Ajah.

...we will always remain constant.

Today dollar is ₦478 we still maintain ₦470 equivalent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:06am On Nov 23, 2020
Badgers14:

grin Ogun state

I don't know why people hit their head on the walls to buy swamp lands.. well, their money their choice.

Off your mic, off your mic, pls let them buy ooo, how me go take feed my family. I beg oooo, i beg delete this post sef haba grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:13am On Nov 23, 2020
diordaves:

No just come there oooo, fresh air, water front & lots more. Can i ask you a question too, Why are skyscrapers more in Lagos Island? I beg ooooo left them ooooo, grin grin grin grin

Laf wan finish me here ooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:24am On Nov 23, 2020
The highest of seamp are on mainland, Ajegunle, Mile 2, MazaMaza, Oluti, Alakija, Festac extension, Abule Ado, Gani Adams side, Ijegun, Opp Barracks, Agric, Volkswagen, Iba, Alaba, Ajangbadi...etc they also lack Building ethics with serious bad eco management.

Building collapses there faster than island. 10yrs old building collapse while 50yrs in island or fresh onces without good Build ethics.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 2:49am On Nov 23, 2020
For the Yoruba dem;

Won nii pe, OLOWO lon KOLE ORI OMI... Na dem wey get money dey build on top WATER!!! they can afford to spend Millions as the house sinks periodically

Chekitaut:
No just come there oooo, fresh air, water front & lots more. Can i ask you a question too, Why are skyscrapers more in Lagos Island? I beg ooooo left them ooooo, grin grin grin grin

Laf wan finish me here ooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Chekitaut:
The highest of seamp are on mainland, Ajegunle, Mile 2, MazaMaza, Oluti, Alakija, Festac extension, Abule Ado, Gani Adams side, Ijegun, Opp Barracks, Agric, Volkswagen, Iba, Alaba, Ajangbadi...etc they also lack Building ethics with serious bad eco management.

Building collapses there faster than island. 10yrs old building collapse while 50yrs in island or fresh onces without good Build ethics.
You are correct, this area are for deep pocket people. Couple of years back I was offered a land at the beginning of sixth avenue extension for 10M. When I saw how deep the swan is I ran. Two years later, still searching towards the back of sixth avenue nothing was available for that amount anymore. To my surprise, the first choice I ran away from in that location a building has been developed on it. From experience, I believe whoever brought that will probably spend over 25M on piling. Today, those areas are new Festac town. It all depends on our induvial choice, I can tell you from history 1988 there is nowhere like Lekki but Maroko. Military Governor Raji Rasaki was the one that started the process demolishing those little villages that part way for what we call Lekki today. It was a lot of little swapped villages all around and people maintained their lifestyle transporting themselves with those little canoe like in Venice. We can go back in history, as a little boy I saw in 1974, when they started building Apapa oshodi expressway. It was the same deep swapped area too. Today people that don't know the history of that area, they will never believe it was reclaimed. It all depends on our choice and pocket. All those so called swapping areas today are future new Lagos. Lagos state government has to be serious and vigorously enforce their town planning plan if they have one.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 3:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Contact Maplewoood furniture for your home/office furniture.

For enquiry, call/WhatsApp - 08022283035
Business WhatsApp - https:///message/NWZWIVFM4MP4G1

... Providing high quality furniture!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 23, 2020
n3xt:

This was my post in 2016!

Today, I can set out on motorbike from Sagamu to Imota and get to Badore within 90 mins. Someone on the mainland (where land is sold #15m - #50m per plot) will spend more time to travel down to same Badore.
how much did you get the land then?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:44am On Nov 23, 2020
Badgers14:

grin Ogun state

We want to belong to the island lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2020
Sundayedem:
BEST ROOFING MATERIALS LIMITED

Check out the advantages of stone coated steel roofing! If you have been weighing the benefits of ordinary Aluminium Roofing sheets vs. Stone Coated Steel, you will see that stone coated steel is superior in every category. Here are our top 5 Advantages of Stone Coated Roofing Tiles.
1-Lightweight
-At only 1.5 pounds per square foot, Stone Coated roofing tiles are light enough to install over most existing roofs. Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of a messy tear-off!
-They ease the structural burden on your home. Aluminium Roofing sheets can weigh as much as 10 pounds per square foot.
2-High Performance Interlocking Design
-Stone coated Roofing tiles resists driving rain, as well as high wind pressures.
-Horizontal fastening, avoids the “pull out” problem associated with wind uplift and blow off of some roofing materials such as Aluminium roofing.
-Individual panels interlock completely, systems have successfully tested against wind pressures over 120 MPH, and 8.8 inches of rain per hour.
3-Aluminum-Zinc Coated Steel Base
-Will not curl, cup, warp, split or break.
-Fire resistant, will not support fire, non-combustible.
-Performance does not diminish with age. Stone coated roofing tiles continue to offer superior performance year after year.
-Does not absorb moisture.
4-Distinctive Appearance
-Stone chip coating provides natural weathering and sound deadening qualities.
-Resists fading. does not fade if only you have the original Stone coated roof tiles and not the inferior ones.
-Available in elegant tile.
5- 50 Year Solid Warranty
-Includes 120 MPH wind resistance.

-Low/No maintenance for the within the 50yr range
For more information, supply and installation of your roofing materials please contact - 08059005022

How can regular folks distinguished original from inferior ones?
What is the price per sqm for those with 50 yrs warranty?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:12am On Nov 23, 2020
diordaves:

Ignorant and people want proximity to their job in the island. If you are in diaspora and you want to buy land in Lagos, I am going to advise that you go to Ibeju/Lekki beach area. I will be posting some images soon to help people distinguish between swamp and dry land in the area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:35am On Nov 23, 2020
kopell:
You are correct, this area are for deep pocket people. Couple of years back I was offered a land at the beginning of sixth avenue extension for 10M. When I saw how deep the swan is I ran. Two years later, still searching towards the back of sixth avenue nothing was available for that amount anymore. To my surprise, the first choice I ran away from in that location a building has been developed on it. From experience, I believe whoever brought that will probably spend over 25M on piling. Today, those areas are new Festac town. It all depends on our induvial choice, I can tell you from history 1988 there is nowhere like Lekki but Maroko. Military Governor Raji Rasaki was the one that started the process demolishing those little villages that part way for what we call Lekki today. It was a lot of little swapped villages all around and people maintained their lifestyle transporting themselves with those little canoe like in Venice. We can go back in history, as a little boy I saw in 1974, when they started building Apapa oshodi expressway. It was the same deep swapped area too. Today people that don't know the history of that area, they will never believe it was reclaimed. It all depends on our choice and pocket. All those so called swapping areas today are future new Lagos. Lagos state government has to be serious and vigorously enforce their town planning plan if they have one.

Cekitaut quoted Yoruba adage that says "Olowo lo nko Ile Oriomi" It's people with money that build house on water. I was in high school around 85/86 when my uncle who was a carpenter and aunt who was selling pepper and food stuff at orile market bought half plot of land each opposite Ojo Barrack. I stayed with them for some period when I entered college in 87/88. They have abandoned the two houses for over 10 years now. my uncle moved to the house he built in the village. I have been the one paying the rent for my aunt for the past 6 years. If she had used the money spent on that project to build a house in the village she would be enjoying it now. The lesson here is that unless you have a lot of money to burn don't waste your youth sinking money on a project that is in the swamp

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:42am On Nov 23, 2020
Chekitaut:
Breaking News: Dollar may raise to ₦500, CBN will be force to carry out another devaluation.

Iron rod, Cement, Granite, Sharp Sand all Building Materials will skyrocket.

Our Granite still remain @ $500/30ton, Island, VI, Ikoyi, Lekki-Ajah.

...we will always remain constant.

Today dollar is ₦478 we still maintain ₦470 equivalent.
Don't mean to be off topic but is anyone in the diaspora able to sell dollar for #470' The highest I ever get is #435
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Ignorance how?

I think the ignorant ones are those that don't differentiate the forecasted growth rate of the different locations thereby comparing apples with oranges. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT and you buy swampy land in a fast developing or already developed island location, then your ROI and payback tenure are incomparable to what obtains on your mainland dry land.

I think majority knows this and it has been discussed here many times, yet folks still try to critisize those choices. It's a different market for different type of investors/people.

Dijita:

Ignorant and people want proximity to their job in the island. If you are in diaspora and you want to buy land in Lagos, I am going to advise that you go to Ibeju/Lekki beach area. I will be posting some images soon to help people distinguish between swamp and dry land in the area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2020
SanniOluwafemi:
Contact Maplewoood furniture for your home/office furniture.

For enquiry, call/WhatsApp - 08022283035
Business WhatsApp - https:///message/NWZWIVFM4MP4G1

... Providing high quality furniture!

Please can you create Nairaland page and post your work. that way we can see the quality of your previous job

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2020
megacontrol:
Ignorance how?

I think the ignorant ones are those that don't differentiate the forecasted growth rate of the different locations thereby comparing apples with oranges. IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT and you buy swampy land in a fast developing or already developed island location, then your ROI and payback tenure are incomparable to what obtains on your mainland dry land.

I think majority knows this and it has been discussed here many times, yet folks still try to critisize those choices. It's a different market for different type of investors/people.

Sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful. I use ignorant in the sense that some people don't know there is better alternative. Also, it appears that we are talking from different experience. You are talking from the perspective of an investor and am talking from owner occupy perspective.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2020
Dijita:

Don't mean to be off topic but is anyone in the diaspora able to sell dollar for #470' The highest I ever get is #435
Pls i need. $60,000 lets hook up... I beg
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2020
megacontrol:
Ignorance how?

its not ignorant, source of fund, family isolation, put many to such areas majority prefer an estate property so family will not come disturbing, many of this properties are taking care by lawyers family hardly know about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2020
Chekitaut:
Pls i need. $60,000 lets hook up... I beg

This man make me laugh out loud. If I have $60,000 to sell I will head back home straight out of this cold and won't return back until summer. I have your number I will text you in the morning, I am at work and personal phone don't work in this building

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obinnau(m), sodiq961(m), kebliss(m), dangoteinlaw and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.