Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446603 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

No
I just did a roof
and you bought bond for #2740

How many months ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

No
I just did a roof
Ok
Seen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
money121:

Maybe old price here in lagos Bond is now 3100 persqm as at Today
So do the maths

3100* 159=#492,900

To cut the stories short this is the Quote they first gave her

Good evening ma here is the quote for your roof using Milano Gerard roofing sheet.

Total number of square metres 575@ 3100 = 1,782,500
48 metres of Ridges @2,800 = 134,000
Gutters 30 metre @ 1,100= 33,000
Nails 30kg = 10,000
Snat 3 packets @ 4,000= 12,000
Sun breaker 4 @ 6,000= 24,000
Transportation 60,000
Labour = 200,000

Total = 2,255,500

My Own Quote below

Quotation for Bond Design (plain Black)

416sqm*3,000=1,248,000

Ridge cap 80m*1400=112,000
Valley gutter 20mtr*1500=30,000
Bash board 10m*1400=14,000
Nails 5pkts(25kg)*6,000=30,000
Sealant 4sets*5,000=20,000
Installation 416sqm*200=83,200

*Sunbreaker* = 35,000

Transportation =30,000

Grand total=#1,602,200

That's different of #653,300
Money121, I am Benin boy
If I left Nigeria before you was born 1987
I am still Benin boy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
money121:

and you bought bond for #2740

How many months ago
dude less than three weeks back
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

Money121, I am Benin boy
I am still Benin boy
This is dated almost a month ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maidstone: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
keemzy1:
@happiness44 some is looking for you and hubby oooo

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
This is dated almost a month ago
Call Agen
and take it from there
Other dude gave me price for 3100 at the same time

Agen Asaba number
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hello guys, a friend said Lagos ‘salt’ sand isn’t good for building as it doesn’t stand the test of time and that his dad bought sand from Abeokuta to Lagos when he was building his house.

Problem is there’s not much space on the site to buy much sand so we intend buying in bits.. say 30tons everytime we need to so buying out of state isn’t possible.

Please guys, How does one detect a good sharp sand for building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

Money121, I am Benin boy
I am still Benin boy
Pls i can't get you? I didn't argue with you but i doubt agen will sell at that rate now..
So i didnt understand this statement that before i was born undecided

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

dude less than three weeks back
Noted best of luck Dude
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
money121:

Pls i can't get you? I didn't argue with you but i doubt agen will sell at that rate now..
So i didnt understand this statement that before i was born undecided

look here money121
i made two purchase
I bought 190 meter first
A week later i bought other 30 meter
Payment was made 8 days after i got the listed price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
GoodFaith:

look here money121
i made two purchase
I bought 190 meter first
A week later i bought other 30 meter
Payment was made 8 days after i got the listed price
Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

But one can easily checkmate measurements by paying for one or two estimates for comparison.

Exactly, three estimates is fine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
segzy14:

Exactly, three estimates is fine.

Thank you for validating Sir.

If one is patient one can identify the frauds easily.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you for validating Sir.

If one is patient one can identify the frauds easily.

For the roofing sheet,I do my calculations based on the floor and roof plan, and I get as many as 5 estimates for the roofing.But I choose the person whose square metres is close to my calculations. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dijita:

How can regular folks distinguished original from inferior ones?
What is the price per sqm for those with 50 yrs warranty?

@Best Roofing Materials Limited we only deliver original products/materials. You can trust us for a better quality products and our warranty are genuine.

For the price - N3, 150

Below are the samples of our products with 50 years warranty

You can also call us for more information on 08059005022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
Are you done with your wood work and you need quality roofing materials to cover up your roof then let Starsun Aluminum Roofing Company be your right place for quality roofing products and services.

All our products are imported from New Zealand with 50 years warranty and we deliver nationwide.

Our services includes
*Supply and Installation of roofing materials such Stone coated roofing sheet, aluminium roofing sheet, aluminium doors and windows, water collector. We also render wood work services

For more enquiries please call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by georgikpons: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
[Nice one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cleverland: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dijita:

I think we have different preference.
When I bought the land I am developing now I choose the area because of its proximity to the beach and its distance from the hustle and bustle of Lagos proper. Then Lekki trade zone came and Dangote came. My location is closer to Lagos than Dangote. I am now thinking of getting a land closer to Ogun state border after Dangote, seaport etc. because I am not going to like all the commercial activities these development will bring to the area. I like serenity and quietness. In the US I used to live in a city across Manhattan(NYC) but when people started moving from Manhattan to my city, I sell off and move to a suburban township that is about 40minutes away where it is quiet and serene
I can buy, if you're willing to sell the land.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Location is at Obere, after Canaanland, before Atan, Ogun state.

Dijita:

location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good evening, sorry for the late response. Location is at Obere, before Atan, after living Faith Church, Ota.

kenpower:

Where is the location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good evening sir, sorry for the late response. Location is at Obere, before Atan, after living Faith Church, Ota.

uncleteeh:

Where is the location of the site? I have a competent hand.
Chat or call me on 08108408732
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lollipop20: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
read threads on Nairaland but never planned on joining the forum till today. I started building a small bungalow in Ikorodu some years back, we had just reached the roofing stage and got three contractors to take measurements for a roof installation.

The first installer measure 575sqm@3100 for a Bond stone coated roof, he gave a quote of N2,255,500

Second contactractor informed me that currently the market price of a sqm of the same Bond roofing was N7,000as opposed to the actual price of N3,100.

Was on nairaland searching for something else and found a title that looked like a thread on Roofing. I found imran roofing and went through about 100pages of his works and saw all the positive reviews, decided to give him a try.

Spoke to the CEO Mr Ayyub he sounded so professional with good marketing strategy and a great sense of humour. His installation team went to take their measurement at about 6am the next day it was 416sqm@3100 and gave a quote of N1,602,200., a difference of 600k. I had to ring the installer to see if he was in the right location, he sent a photo back confirming he was at my site. The first contractor had clearly made an addition to the measurements. Haba! Kilode!

ENSURE YOU DO YOUR ON RESEARCH. There are a lot of scammers in the name of contractors out there. If you are still doubting where to get your roofing done, you have reach your BUS-STOP. GBAM! Look no further! Trust me, Mr Ayyub is the man for you. The best, hands down! 100% customer satisfation guaranteed! Giving Updates all the way when loading materials, videos and photos. Took a day and a half to complete,neat and clean job, no stories! Shout!!! Imran roofing to the world!!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 12:03am On Nov 26, 2020
I hope Hajji Mufutau is doing ok. Been a while I read from him on the thread.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 12:08am On Nov 26, 2020
Getting to know accurate quantities of materials for any item of a building is the very first step towards having a firm control on the overall construction cost.

Fortunately, quantity surveyors make this critical task easier especially for clients and by extension the contractors, thereby saving both parties money and time.

segzy14:

For the roofing sheet,I do my calculations based on the floor and roof plan, and I get as many as 5 estimates for the roofing.But I choose the person whose square metres is close to my calculations. Simple.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oodua25: 12:21am On Nov 26, 2020
money121:
Some Contractor are heartless or wicked

He gave the owner 575sqm
When she contact us we measured 416sqm
She later save more than half a Millions
Thank God we done with the Roofing Today without any shortage or excess materials at site

Are you in need of Legit Roofer in Nigeria
CALL/Whatsapp 08085310359

I hope you are for real. I hope all these stories that you helped the client reduce costs are not cooked up yarns. if you are for real, can you do my roofing in Ibadan, Oyo state?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Oodua25:

I hope you are for real. I hope all these stories that you helped the client reduce costs are not cooked up yarns. if you are for real, can you do my roofing in Ibadan, Oyo state?
He is... Good at it. 5star

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:25am On Nov 26, 2020
Oodua25:

100% legit brother
READ MORE REVIEW HERE >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/105

If you are done with the woodwrk we have installer in ibadan that will handle the measurement
Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:26am On Nov 26, 2020
Chekitaut:
He is... Good at it. 5star
Thanks my brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:46am On Nov 26, 2020
QSFemi:
Getting to know accurate quantities of materials for any item of a building is the very first step towards having a firm control on the overall construction cost.

Fortunately, quantity surveyors make this critical task easier especially for clients and by extension the contractors, thereby saving both parties money and time.

Knowing the accurate quantities is fine but monitoring the quality of your build matters more. A cheat will always find a way around BOQs.

Here are some of the reasons why you should monitor the quality of work done on your project (in Naija):

1. Contractors/builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on foundation depth just to save some money from excavation/block work/groundbeam/raft thus affecting the integrity of the build.

2. Contractors/builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the mix ratio if you're too hard on quantities. Mix ratio 1:2:4 is different from 1:4:5

3. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on quality of sand. Stop counting the number of trucks or tires!

4. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the quality of rods supplied/used in your project.

5. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the guage of iron used for your steel works.

6. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the thickness of your slab. 100m and 150mm thick slab aren’t the same.

7. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the Quality of wood supplied for your roofing project. In 2011, I spent over N1,000,000 on roofing woods. In 2020, another contractor spent 800k on the same building size. The difference is in the quality of woods supplied.

8. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the thickness of your paving stones. The total coverage area won’t show you the thickness of the stones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:46am On Nov 26, 2020
debeey87:
I hope Hajji Mufutau is doing ok. Been a while I read from him on the thread.

I was thinking same today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 2:06am On Nov 26, 2020
Interesting points.

However, quantities are reflections of qualities of the job keeping other factors constant such as pilfering, compromise or sabotage. In other words, construction costs are meant to be proportionate to the quality of work.

Typical scenario.

The description column in the Bill of Quantities is meant to represent the quality of work to be done and this is represented as the rate in the bill.

For example; like you said that we've different mix ratio of concrete. That's why in a BOQ, the rate for 1:2:4 reinforced concrete is different from that of 1:4:8 concrete of the same volume or quantity.

Other issues raised in your posts are basically the contractors, builders or even owners sabotaging the required specifications for selfish gain. This is entirely different from establishing accurate quantities of items of work, albeit quality of the work.

n3xt:

Knowing the accurate quantities is fine but monitoring the quality of your build matters more. A cheat will always find a way around BOQs.

Here are some of the reasons why you should monitor the quality of work done on your project (in Naija):

1. Contractors/builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on foundation depth just to save some money from excavation/block work/groundbeam/raft thus affecting the integrity of the build.

2. Contractors/builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the mix ratio if you're too hard on quantities. Mix ratio 1:2:4 is different from 1:4:5

3. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on quality of sand. Stop counting the number of trucks or tires!

4. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the quality of rods supplied/used in your project.

5. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the guage of iron used for your steel works.

6. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the thickness of your slab. 100m and 150mm thick slab aren’t the same.

7. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the Quality of wood supplied for your roofing project. In 2011, I spent over N1,000,000 on roofing woods. In 2020, another contractor spent 800k on the same building size. The difference is in the quality of woods supplied.

8. Contractors//builders/engineers/owner-builders can compromise on the thickness of your paving stones. The total coverage area won’t show you the thickness of the stones.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gharnew112(m), Itzkingtimmy(m), Inception(m), mufutau55(m), Tickles001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.