Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399067 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwabuwa: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
abdulwastecx:

You missed out some very important detail that may help anyone who want to help.
What roof type : German roof ( hip roof) or gable roof
Your roof slope to enable us get your require height or you want us to use an adequate one for you?

Hip roof, the pitch should not be more than 10 feet..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwabuwa: 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
lastpage:

It will be difficult without you saying how high the KingPost is going to be.
Other things like number of rooms will also affect the number of woods to use.

Your floor plan and Roof height will assist others to help you sha, l think.
King post should not be more than 10feet.
It has concrete slab..

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
skimanski:

i AM VERY PLEASED With your Idea of Courtyard. Its the main thing that Triggers my Juices in Architecture. I have only had one Opportunity to make a court Yard even though Small, but was worth it. (Attached Below) I still remember My Grand father's House in the Village. It had a massive Court Yard, once it rains, you'd see us there running around in the court Yard. It was so Big and it basically Opened to a corridor that Opened to every room in the House. Its a very good Idea. Please do Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
Wow! This is lovely.
But that visible pipe their almost ruined it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
write2obi:

Wow! This is lovely.
But that visible pipe their almost ruined it

Yea !!! You are correct. We learnt a lot after Then and we've improved on ourselves now. When next you see this, look for the Visible pipe for ever.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
skimanski:

Yea !!! You are correct. We learnt a lot after Then and we've improved on ourselves now. When next you see this, look for the Visible pipe for ever.
grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by esoorita: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
gabbytabby:
No be advice matter na 9ja man disease dem they flex muscle to decide who get money pass, who is most knowledgeable and one dey defend the indefensible man on property section such that those that have felt the pinch are going after him. Hopefully both sides go tire soon make we hear better word.

Hello Madam. I hope your tenants are behaving well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dudubody: 6:08am On Apr 05, 2016
Urgent!!!!
Hello my people, how much is reasonable to pay for plastering a standard block of 4 flats (3 bedrooms all ensuite) both inside and outside. Property in ibadan thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 6:44am On Apr 05, 2016
At least maybe we will hear word small after german floor or maybe he will import the pillar that was missed out, biko how much be dollar self, I want to import sharp sand and some blocks.

anyone seen brabus ?

gabbytabby:
No be advice matter na 9ja man disease dem they flex muscle to decide who get money pass, who is most knowledgeable and one dey defend the indefensible man on property section such that those that have felt the pinch are going after him. Hopefully both sides go tire soon make we hear better word.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2016
How many builders does it take to construct a run of the mill haphazardly constructed rental slum even when adjusted for back stabbing thieving siblings grin

Hope you're doing well Brother BrabusNG, keep the flag hoisted cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2016
brabus:
@Fastshipping,

Do you believe the guy may not know the difference? I'm not supporting this in anyway but ignorance can kill at times.

I've done a DPC with 5 loads of (30 tons) granite for a client here on Nairaland and he said he's fine so long I'm not the one supplying it. 5 loads of granite is about 750k (just for DPC alone), meanwhile I used N10m to build a similar structure (5 units of 2 bedroom on 2 floors) for another client (also a Nairalander) using NextHome dump truck.

I didn't know so much until I bought my dump truck. I didn't know so much until I signed a partnership agreement with a dredging site. I didn't know so much until I started visiting quarries myself (even though I've left that part for sincere supplier). The few who knew these secret are building half the cost and are not making noise on faceless forum.

_______
Oga KolaShangOne, where art thou? It's the new year, leave Trash for LAWMA.

Visiting the quarry was an eye opener for me and suprisingnly like you I opted to give to a supplier but still at a significant savings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwabuwa: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Visiting the quarry was an eye opener for me and suprisingnly like you I opted to give to a supplier but still at a significant savings.

egunmogaji, pls is 4" strip foundation good for a 5bdrs bungalow
I
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2016
Oga

Did you mean the imported from EgunMOGAJI USA Hospital one or locally made ?
Abeg find better person to ask, you dont need a r**ard answering your questions.

nwabuwa:

I

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:03am On Apr 05, 2016
Good for you mate

~At least visiting the quarry is better than washing dead corpses in America, especially that hospital you work at in America.
* So did you use imported granite as well or you went to tell them in the quarry how America granite is better than thiers ?
* How long did it take to build this village garage of yours ? even on top of your America boasting, on top washing dead body oo.
* At least those that use x amount of granite to build a house, they spent their money and unless you want them to help you with your build, nothing concern you.
* How Old are you self, I hear you are almost 60 but as I have told you before you are getting duller by the day, the older you get. And you have not failed to prove me wrong.
* Who is your Engineer now, at least those that hire and fire under performing Engineers (and teenagers that call themselves Engineers, some come from Ibadan) can afford to do so even without importing padlock, you have been on this project for nearly 5 years, you want to buy 10 pieces of 9" block, you open a thread for that. Is this money from washing corpses that hard on you ?

I rest my case, make i find those questions Excuseme ask you self....

At least you have had some manners now before those people blasted you, its your stupidity that we need to brush up on now. Your arrogance and utterance of rubbish has reduce small, and lest i forget your urge to import junk has reduced small as well, so something is working.

EgunMogaji:

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2016
Oga Hajji is their nothing you can do to stop this madness? Or is it part of the off-topic discussion?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2016
nwabuwa:

I

Hi, seriously I don't know.

But others more savvy will answer you shortly. I suspect though that they'll probably say that it depends on your soil condition.

Good luck on your project.

Spyder880, AbdulWastecx, KolaShangOne, Brabus, and other verified builders might assist.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2016
I think someone has a healthy infatuation for corpse washing grin cheesy grin

Bothering on necrophilia which goes with family kleptomania wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2016
Is that not what you do ?
Dirty job money does not smell.
The hussle is really hard, we know you are in Califonia, but all these your useless boasting like a big man you only managed a village garage in 5 years or so, and nobody has heard word since.
By the way, did you find your friend ? I think i know where he is..
But you have to increase that your 10K offer, because even local dog self will not collect 10k.

EgunMogaji:
I think someone has a healthy infatuation for corpse washing grin cheesy grin

Bothering on necrophilia which goes with family kleptomania wink

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 05, 2016
It's worse than I thought and I wouldn't expect less from a family that steals from each other. Why would you lift a finger to help anyone without a payday grin

EgunMogajiHolic: hook, line and sinker wink

PS: Awaiting the supporting cast to arrive so we can have a regular Egun bash fest. It's been a while so I know they're all pent up and raring to have a go at bat cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2016
Am spreading my mat here again but this time for yoga....#itsbeenboringlately

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 05, 2016
dudubody:
Urgent!!!!
Hello my people, how much is reasonable to pay for plastering a standard block of 4 flats (3 bedrooms all ensuite) both inside and outside. Property in ibadan thanks

500k +\ - labour only.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 05, 2016
grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2016
I dont know what you are talking about. Which Family ? Is Brabus my family, God forbid... Thief as my family !!

Biko, If you are praying that your boyfriend is my family, then it confirms my suspicion that you clearly have problems ?
Show us 3 pictures from when you started your project till date, and I will do the same and we can see who is brags on empty tanks and who doesnt talk a lot but get on with the task ahead !!

Did you find a new wife now ? Ever wondered why the last one left your sorry ass ??
By the way, I wanted to provide you the number and address of your long lost friend, but i had second thoughts, you fit kidnap the guy and local dogs self have refused your 10k offer. grin

EgunMogaji:
It's worse than I thought and I wouldn't expect less from a family that steals from each other. Why would you lift a finger to help anyone without a payday grin

EgunMogajiHolic: hook, line and sinker wink

PS: Awaiting the supporting cast to arrive so we can have a regular Egun bash fest. It's been a while so I know they're all pent up and raring to have a go at bat cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 05, 2016
I will love to see the faces behind all these masks...about time to place a face to the monikers...some ugly comments here makes me wonder how ugly the fellow behind it must really be...#Godreallyhatesugly

Dont quote me cos am just thinking out loud
Still on the yoga mat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
shocked

While always shocking, it's still always refreshing to see how deep I've struck their psychi grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
Maverick your words on EG is hitting below the belt to me thats uncalled for. Making reference to corpse and the rest is not decent, one should have respect for the dead.
On brb its unfortunate he has not kept His promises on repayment and there can be no peace for fraudster here on nairaland until they make amends.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
Una no go rest? Let it go. Too much energy (negative) and possibly money dey worry all of una.

You guys should learn to let go. It's a strength of character not to respond to any bait.

Do you guys know how they catch monkeys in Brazil? If not, read James Hadley Chase: The Paw In The Bottle.

Learn to let go.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
I have a decision to make about the fascia for my impeding roofing.

I absolutely would love to see exposed but of course weather treated wood with paint but preferably stain. As opposed to the roofing material that I see commonly used.

Has anyone had to make a similar decision recently? Would love to pick your brain. Hopefully would hear from those building personal residence as opposed to the cheapest as can be rentals.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
Chai, Na wao, so much beefing in the house, abeg make una sheath una sword and channel the energy to some more productive ventures, una dey behave like women, only women are known to throw jabs like this, even my friend Mikel Obi taya for una, see as him put hand for chin dey look una.....Lol.....back to my stealth mode with my pop corn cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
diordaves:
Una no go rest? Let it go. Too much energy (negative) and possibly money dey worry all of una.

You guys should learn to let go. It's a strength of character not to respond to any bait.

Do you guys know how they catch monkeys in Brazil? If not, read James Hadley Chase: The Paw In The Bottle.

Learn to let go.

Baba,

They put a nut in a bottle, and tie the bottle to a tree. The monkey grasps the nut, but the neck of the bottle is too narrow for the monkey to withdraw its paw and the nut. You would think the monkey would let go of the nut and escape, wouldn't you ? But it never does. It is so greedy it never releases the nut and is always captured. Remember that story, Julie. Greed is a dangerous thing. If you give way to it, sooner or later you will be caught.

Thats oldskol tho....Monkey these days will smash the bottle and eat the nuts end of story.... grin grin

But I understand your point tho Baba...nice1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Oga back2sender

Thanks for the wise words.
You will notice that i am not the type that gets involved in trading insults, but you have to agree with me that whoever the person called EgunMogaji is seriously needs help. I mean, i am not the first person to have said it.

If you have a lot of people who are always trading insults with you, then you definitely have a problem (EgunMogaji) and maybe a woman can help with your problems. Just a piece of advice Egun. I think this forum has a romance section, never been there so cant vouch for how effective it is.

Of course, I respect the dead. "service to the living, honour to the dead" That was the anthem that i was brought up with.
When you have someone who talks all sorts of rubbish on a faceless forum meant to educate, we can only try to put that right, but clearly EgunMogaji needs help. We all want to learn here Egun Mogaji, we are not interested in your efforts to import your silly pillar, glass, padlock, chicken, bricklayers, 9 inch block, locks or find your long lost friend riding a F****** Vespa.

back2sender:
Maverick your words on EG is hitting below the belt to me thats uncalled for. Making reference to corpse and the rest is not decent, one should have respect for the dead.
On brb its unfortunate he has not kept His promises on repayment and there can be no peace for fraudster here on nairaland until they make amends.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Just when i was about to log out................................Maverick are you saying Egun hasnt been getting any and needs to get laid?
Pls dont quote me o.....I just wanna know grin grin

BTW people who get laid regularly don't usually come online to release their frustrations tho... Egun ngbo? you for talk since na instead of fighting everyone..... lets organize one blackberry babes for romance section for you at least something to take you away from property section sometimes.....Jele simi embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enterpreneur: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello All,

Please follow up on my review comments on my builder - Aventures here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2522848/construction-medium-high-rise-multi/11#44429941

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babagy832, completey(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.