Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399258 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
nwabuwa:

egunmogaji, pls is 4" strip foundation good for a 5bdrs bungalow
I

His reply didnt give you a definite answer so i will volunteer to give some advise.

Pad foundation is good for a 5bdr bungalow, strip is equally good, infact raft or pile foundation is the best for a 5bdr bungalow.

However, the soil of the plot is the determining factor of which type of foundation is suitable. So, your question makes no sense without details of the soil. If you had attached a picture of the site, it would have been easier for any engineer to estimate appropriately.

Black cotton soil is a nightmare to engineers, i have no idea if you are planning on building on one. So i cant tell what you have.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=Yheed post=44439091][/quote]

Thanks for the share.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enterpreneur: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=Yheed post=44439091][/quote]

Many thanks Mr Yheed. Just before I make direct contact with you, can the wood finish on the door be as smooth and glossy as in the attached?
Will also want to know if you can manufacture what is known in Nigeria as 'Amoured Door'.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Kind Regards

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
Please take a min to go over this thread and tell me if you see anything wrong

https://www.nairaland.com/2089904/desmond-flats-ogombo-nexthome/10#44467739

Regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
3strike:

Regards

Nope...none at all. Brabus is always right....
3strike...next time you should also sign contract that says materials that do not belong to him should not be taken etc.contracts for every possibility under the sun. Common sense is not common
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabusINTL: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
My Oga 3strike,
Why do you have to dredge up the past? What do you hope to gain from this?
How many times have we closed this issue?
I don’t understand what you hope to gain from your tantrums but like I always say I wish God to repay me the way I have treated all my clients.

3strike:

Regards

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
3strike:

Regards

Stale news.

Which page will we read this? The wise one should visit this link (https://www.nairaland.com/2089904/desmond-flats-ogombo-nexthome/3#32063527) and connect the dot with email attached below.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
3strike:

Thats oldskol tho....Monkey these days will smash the bottle and eat the nuts end of story.... grin grin

But I understand your point tho Baba...nice1

Monkeys said to "warn you" to stop using them for analogy! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
lastpage:

Monkeys said to "warn you" to stop using them for analogy! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

Lol Baba noted!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol
I wonder if he will import the inmates and watch them from the courtyard.
The guy is a real lunatic.

abouzaid:
no wonder he's building a psychiatric prison yard with a courtyard for the inmates to enjoy their fifteen minutes a day sunshine. since it's taking him like forever to complete it, i promise to supply all the restraining chicken wires, imported from Germany to hasten the construction of the detention/concentration camp facility. don't thank me o, I'm just contributing my quota to reducing the number of frustrated imported raving and roaming lunatics on the loose.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
OnetimeOnly:

Nope...none at all. Brabus is always right....
3strike...next time you should also sign contract that says materials that do not belong to him should not be taken[b][/b]etc.contracts for every possibility under the sun. Common sense is not common

grin at the bold part....Now back to sacarsm mood...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
brabus:

Stale news.

Which page will we read this? The wise one should visit this link (https://www.nairaland.com/2089904/desmond-flats-ogombo-nexthome/3#32063527) and connect the dot with email attached below.

An impeccably written professional letter. It covers all bases.

Good job.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

An impeccably written professional letter. It covers all bases.

Good job.

And it was duly acknowledged. When there's nowhere else to turn to, cheap blackmail sets in.

Hypocrisy is blaming Lekki Gardens when we cannot afford extra few days on a project thats meant to stand lifetime.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
mavverick:
Lol
I wonder if he will import the inmates and watch them from the courtyard.
The guy is a real lunatic.

please somebody should ask the false life masquerade how many professionally written contracts he signed with his builder. talk about an evil old man that supports wrongdoing.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
brabus:

And it was duly acknowledged. When there's nowhere else to turn to, cheap blackmail sets in.

Hypocrisy is blaming Lekki Gardens when we cannot afford extra few days on a project thats meant to stand lifetime.

grin

Speaking of LG, it's been quiet.

Did they find the fault? Any "insider" info?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

grin

Speaking of LG, it's been quiet.

Did they find the fault? Any "insider" info?

Richard is released on bail. More than enough time to settle the kingmakers and tidy up loose ends. Meanwhile, integrity test concluded. Some building will be demolished, many others passed the test.

Ojoro cancel. Police can release anything on bail at their own discretion.

But the whole saga is a mixed-blessing. Lots of lessons learnt.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol
contract to build prison ! same person that NL build his prison for him, buy block open thread, buy padlock, open thread.
No wonder it took years, i think 5 yrs or so.
And so much bragging about importing everything, the hussle is hard for Egun oo.
The funny thing is that its people like Egun that dont even have papers, people wey Obama just pity carry temporary paper give, and yet he comes on a faceless forum, forming big man because he's building a prison courtyard...
abouzaid:
please somebody should ask the false life masquerade how many professionally written contracts he signed with his builder. talk about an evil old man that supports wrongdoing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
brabus:

Richard is released on bail. More than enough time to settle the kingmakers and tidy up loose ends. Meanwhile, integrity test concluded. Some building will be demolished, many others passed the test.

Ojoro cancel. Police can release anything on bail at their own discretion.

But the whole saga is a mixed-blessing. Lots of lessons learnt.

I thought the integrity test will take months?

I'm glad that some passed though.

Sounds like it's moving along.

Thanks for the info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
mavverick:
Lol
contract to build prison ! same person that NL build his prison for him, buy block open thread, buy padlock, open thread.
No wonder it took years, i think 5 yrs or so.
And so much bragging about importing everything, the hussle is hard for Egun oo.
The funny thing is that its people like Egun that dont even have papers, people wey Obama just pity carry temporary paper give, and yet he comes on a faceless forum, forming big man because he's building a prison courtyard...
mr alpa male aka masquerade has suddenly lost his voice, i hope he has paid child and spousal support money for the month.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I thought the integrity test will take months?

I'm glad that some passed though.

Sounds like it's moving along.

Thanks for the info.

Baba, you're doing as if you are not familiar with Naija system of government. Boys are busy in the lab d*ctoring test results. All the initial gra gra don die down. It's not as if Lekki Garden builds completely rubbish, its just that they're biting more than they can chew. Infrastructure development no be childsplay let alone land reclamation.

I'm sure Richard must have learnt some big lessons from this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
brabus:

Baba, you're doing as if you are not familiar with Naija system of government. Boys are busy in the lab d*ctoring test results. All the initial gra gra don die down. It's not as if Lekki Garden builds completely rubbish, its just that they're biting more than they can chew. Infrastructure development no be childsplay let alone land reclamation.

I'm sure Richard must have learnt some big lessons from this.

Yeah I recognize our corruptive tendencies but I was assuming that such won't be occurring on such a visible tragedy.

Oh well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oga abouzaid, na beg i dey beg o? Pls lets keep this clean and use this thread solely for mature discussions only.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah I recognize our corruptive tendencies but I was assuming that such won't be occurring on such a visible tragedy.

Oh well.

One of the reason "Jesus wept." grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
How come no one is talking about EPE? It's really happening in Epe at the moment and the pace of work on the 10 lane Epe Expressway way is super fast. I'll take time to share more info on this platform when I gather more info. I was there some few weeks back to visit one of my friend working on the road project.

I'm seeing Epe getting ready for the Free Trade Zone and many more industries coming to Lekki/Epe Expressway.

Good job, Ambode!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 07, 2016
Maverick.....Bosun don Pay you for the Fake Approval?

Common 400k he no fit pay and his Godfather wey come from America no fit pay for am either...speaking of people living fake lives.... undecided

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:45am On Apr 07, 2016
People sorry, I was late coming here... been missing some posts lately for various reasons.....

Please let's all go back to discussing about how to improve and help our projects. This is defeating the purpose of this thread o.
No need to name anyone, we are all guilty of something at some points here...
Please let's stop the bickering, name-calling, curses and uses of
abusing languages... Let's keep moving to help ourselves. Thank you all.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 07, 2016
brabus:
How come no one is talking about EPE? It's really happening in Epe at the moment and the pace of work on the 10 lane Epe Expressway way is super fast. I'll take time to share more info on this platform when I gather more info. I was there some few weeks back to visit one of my friend working on the road project.

I'm seeing Epe getting ready for the Free Trade Zone and many more industries coming to Lekki/Epe Expressway.

Good job, Ambode!

Not sure if I should be ashamed for not knowing where Epe is grin

Will have to look it up on the map.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 07, 2016
mufutau55:
People sorry, I was late coming here... been missing some posts lately for various reasons.....

Please let's all go back to discussing about how to improve and help our projects. This is defeating the purpose of this thread o.

Hajji M.

Baba noted! Back on my yoga mat.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:04am On Apr 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Not sure if I should be ashamed for not knowing where Epe is grin

Will have to look it up on the map.

Epe is in the other side of Ijebu-Ode on the Sagamu/Benin Expressway.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ambode-plans-construction-of-10-lane-lagos-ijebu-ode-expressway/

According to Governor Ambode:

We must start thinking of the future concerning that road. We said we will have an International Airport in Epe and an Export Processing Zone in Lekki and a Deep Seaport also in Lekki …We missed something between Oshodi and Murtala Mohammed International Airport, there is no fast track rail that can take goods straight to the Airport. Should we also miss that here? Those are the issues that we are looking at,” the governor stated.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:05am On Apr 07, 2016
n3xt:

Epe is in the other side of Ijebu-Ode on the Sagamu/Benin Expressway.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ambode-plans-construction-of-10-lane-lagos-ijebu-ode-expressway/

According to Governor Ambode:

We must start thinking of the future concerning that road. We said we will have an International Airport in Epe and an Export Processing Zone in Lekki and a Deep Seaport also in Lekki … We missed something between Oshodi and Murtala Mohammed International Airport, there is no fast track rail that can take goods straight to the Airport . Should we also miss that here? Those are the issues that we are looking at,” the governor stated.

Brilliant!
Thats what l call foresight!!

Each time l pass through that Airport road and compare it to what l am used to at other international airports, l just feel like cursing our leaders!
I always wonder whether they close their eyes as they travel around the world ....... or they are just incapable of doing anything right.

But until the day they decide to build the 4th mainland bridge (and l think the current APC "State and Federal" Collabo at this point should be able to pull it off )....... until then, the nightmare that is the Lekki Express Road might not be solved because you cant have a ten-lane highway pouring into that "glorified" 4-lane Lekki express road.
The new, improved Ikorodu Road is a case in-point. Ketu/Mile 12 axis is causing a lot of grief for that road.

Kudos to Laos, for leading the way. undecided undecided Other Governors, especially those in the East fo Nigeria need to sit-Up.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:20am On Apr 07, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Hajji M, you have spoken very well.

But l always refer to one statement in all my dealings with others: "Peace is just illusionary, .....until there is Justice"!

You will notice that these spats have been coming and going intermittently..... and with one person at the centre!
Should we not then look into what exactly leads to each spat (and funnily, its all the same scenario!), address it once and for all, so we can have lasting peace?

I know that Human ego, pride and arrogance often make them unreasonable and deaf to reasoning but we can at least try.
In life, "Action" and "Reaction" are said to be equal and opposite!

"Gentle Words" elicit warm response while insulting and snide remarks will naturally elicit rancour.

this is the genesis and end of the whole issue.

I know that even the professionals like Brabus, Skimanski, Spyder, Madam Gabby, e.t.c who showcase their works here-in, do it not because they think they "know-it-all" ..... but because they realize that there could be little-little things they miss-out which others may see and that can benefit by tapping into the brain of others.
But l am yet to see them insulting and disparaging people for criticising their work or making a suggestion to them.
Even when they dont like it, they "maturely" thank the person and move-on, without creating any "ego-tripping scene".

We are not kids here and everyone knows when someone else is insulting them, directly or not.
Aguu'tan o'jee l'abe Geesi! undecided undecided
It is those who live in Glass house, that should STOP throwing stones! ain't no smoke without a fire.
undecided undecided

Just watch who will brake the peace first.... then you will get my drift.
Thanks for being the 'Agbalagbi' of the house. grin grin grin

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:50am On Apr 07, 2016
lastpage:

Brilliant!
Thats what l call foresight!!

the nightmare that is the Lekki Express Road might not be solved because you cant have a ten-lane highway puring into that "glorified" 4-lane Lekki express road.
The new, improved Ikorodu Road is a case in-point. Ketu/Mile 12 axis is causing a lot of grief for that road.

Kudos to Laos, for leading the way. undecided undecided Other Governors, especially those in the East fo Nigeria need to sit-Up.

Lastpage!

Finally, I'm beginning to see my chateau decision falling in right places.

You will not believe that I only need to drive for 90 mins from my Chateau to Ajah Lagos using the Epe road. The only reason it'll take that long is because of the bad and very lonely road. When I was picking the place, I already envisage that one government will definitely see the need to bridge the link between Lagos and neighbouring cities and decongest Lagos mainland for proper megacity plan but many people don't see it. I was expecting the present government in Ogun state to have align with the same vision but I think he too is doing well cos the final link road to My Chateau-Agbowa-Itokin-Epe-Ajah expressway has been approved for expansion into a 4 lane road even though they've not done it but the project board has been installed.

Now, with the ongoing 10 lane road and the whole lot of activities happening on that corridor especially on Itokin-Agbowa-Ikorodu road, I guess it's time to go back home. Cos I can easily drive 20 mins to Agbowa /Imota and fly a boat to anywhere in Lekki or drive maximum 60 mins from Sagamu to Ajah.

God bless good vision. Time to invest in the future for the great great great grandkids!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bixton(m), Ojoboak(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.