Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4410287 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2020
erico2k2:

DO not 4get ur frame has a lip if the door open I nwards means the lip on the frame is on the outside, so the inside needs to have a lip to achive this you need a one inch inside to fill it to create a lip on the inside.

This is why I like the nailed on lip piece instead of the carved in one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2020
erico2k2:

DO not 4get ur frame has a lip if the door open I nwards means the lip on the frame is on the outside, so the inside needs to have a lip to achive this you need a one inch inside to fill it to create a lip on the inside.
lols. I totally forgot the door has been hanged on the wall. She will have to pull everything from the wall

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Harnytee27(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2020
*HAVEN CITY EPE*

Now, everyone can own a plot of land in Lagos. The limitations have been removed; the barriers broken!

The Haven City Epe; is a well decorated estate with top notched designs to meet everyone's need.

This amazing Estate is located in Odolewu Epe within the Ogun State axis of Nigeria, it offers a generous space of 500sqm with a homey and secure environment.

This is exactly where you will love to invest as it promises quick return on investment, good road network, drainage system, prime location and it’s free from government acquisition.

This spectacular Estate also share its neighborhoods with Vanguards Academy, Saint Allosyious Primary School, Christ the King Catholic College; this is an offer you don’t want to miss.

Payment plan:
Outright N400,000

3months payment planN450,000
Initial deposit of N50,000

6months payment plan N500,000
Initial deposit of N50,000

Statutory Fees
Deed of assignment N30,000 per plot
Survey N120,000 per plot
Developmental Levy N250,000

Special Promo:
▪︎Buy 5 plots outright and get 1plot FREE
▪︎Buy 10plots and Get 2plots FREE
▪︎Buy 15plots and get 3plots FREE
▪︎Buy 20plots and Get 4plots FREE

For more details, Call/Whatsapp- 08053862919

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2020
I need contact detail of electrical distributors who sell sub meters like this or the newer digital versions.

I need about 10 pieces. I thank una for any help.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
[s]Wanted Urgently

280 pcs of 1.5mm Z - Purlin

Budget: N7,000 / unit (however we can bend a little)[/s]

We’ve got it supplied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2020
n3xt:

Here’s my response when I got asked this same question some years ago (2013) when I shared image of the wood beam ceiling (pic 1) done on one of our project in Sangotedo, Lagos.

Coffered Ceiling, Vaulted Ceiling, Exposed Beam/Joist Ceiling and the likes are a great way to add character to your home but a very expensive project which is always a job best left to the pros.

Because they’re large and strikingly imposing, exposed ceiling beams tend to work the best in rooms/spaces with high headroom or vaulted ceilings.

________
Pic 2 - 3 | I tried faking a beam it by using POP to create a dropped beam in pic 3 below.

You can also fake exposed beam/wood ceiling with faux wood or reclaimed woods. I’ll suggest you talk to wood professionals.

________
Pic 4 (shared by you) looks more like a faux wood or engineered wood than a real beam (natural wood). These are stuffs I’d ship down to Nigeria if I’m in your shoe.
Reason: it’s dirt cheap out there to get faux wood (imitation) but crazily expensive to get natural woods here. That’s if you even get a good finish.

Very well precise and intensive. You took the question like a sitting duck.
"Job best left to the pros"
I am planning with just the living downstairs and upstairs.
Thank you very much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obagoally(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2020
Weldone to the big bosses in here. The quality of Blocks being sold presently is given me concern and am looking at producing vibrated blocks for my project myself. Can I get recommendation on block molding machines, which type is better, and where it can be purchased. I am based in Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2020
We need skylight for this Roofing job
If you know anybody you can recommend please DM
Very urgent

Whatsapp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2020
obagoally:
Weldone to the big bosses in here. The quality of Blocks being sold presently is given me concern and am looking at producing vibrated blocks for my project myself. Can I get recommendation on block molding machines, which type is better, and where it can be purchased. I am based in Ibadan.

I just finished fabricating this type yesterday. It cost me 290k. The fabricator is in Ikorodu.

The new machine unlike the one I have in Ibadan and uses 1 Vibrator (3hp) but have a very big stamper which is the most important thing in the whole construction. A lot of machine I’ve seen around lately have smaller stamper.

My machine in Ibadan has 2 Vibrator (1hp & 3hp) and produces more solid block than the common type of machine.

It’s best to get a professional fabricator to help you put together the machine. Most off-shelf machines do develop fault after few months.

That’s all I know.

______
Pic 1 & 2 | My new machine
Pic 3 & 4 | One of my old machines with double vibrator

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2020
obagoally:

1) Unless you’re going to personally supervise or have trusted hands na the same thing e go be.

2) If your site is near Apata, there’s an outfit called Prudence, walahi their blocks are very good. Not same but as close to USA blocks.

For me it’s easier just to buy blocks than to make one.

Good luck on your project.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello chief,

Pls how much do you pay your block making crew per bag?

Thanks

n3xt:

I just finished fabricating this type yesterday. It cost me 290k. The fabricator is in Ikorodu.

The new machine unlike the one I have in Ibadan and uses 1 Vibrator (3hp) but have a very big stamper which is the most important thing in the whole construction. A lot of machine I’ve seen around lately have smaller stamper.

My machine in Ibadan has 2 Vibrator (1hp & 3hp) and produces more solid block than the common type of machine.

It’s best to get a professional fabricator to help you put together the machine. Most off-shelf machines do develop fault after few months.

That’s all I know.

______
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello chief,

Pls how much do you pay your block making crew per bag?

Thanks

My crew earn #1,000 per bag. Some pay as low as #900

Egun guys do work more than any other tribes. They can hit up to 18 bags or even more per day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rLgyfwzMdE
My late operator do 20 bags per day.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obagoally(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2020
n3xt:

That’s all I know.

______
Thanks for the suggestion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2020
That's fair and the same amount we pay.

Thanks

n3xt:

My crew earn #1,000 per bag. Some pay as low as #900

Egun guys do work more than any other tribes. They can hit up to 18 bags or even more per day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rLgyfwzMdE
My late operator do 20 bags per day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obagoally(m): 11:29am On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

2) If your site is near Apata, there’s an outfit called Prudence, walahi their blocks are very good. Not safe but as close to USA blocks.

Thank you for the suggestion. Apata is a bit far frm my side (Kasumu Estate, Odo-ona Elewe). Maybe I will also consider speaking to a producer if the block quality can be improved on.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
obagoally:

Thank you for the suggestion. Apata is a bit far frm my side (Kasumu Estate, Odo-ona Elewe). Maybe I will also consider speaking to a producer if the block quality can be improved on.
my brother house is in that estate as well. You can get good blocks from the man selling at the entrance of the first gate. You can tip him to make stronger blocks for you. Good luck on your project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdullah36(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hi painters
What's the cost of terylene per meter (labour and material)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
The reason why expensive security doors is a waste of money, when installed on N200 blocks
[author=EgunMogaji2 post=97113653]As seen on Twitter.

Shey we won’t be doing concrete walls with reinforcements like this?

cheesy[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
gordonbarrett:
The reason why expensive security doors is a waste of money, when installed on N200 blocks

EgunMogaji2:
As seen on Twitter.

Shey we won’t be doing concrete walls with reinforcements like this?

cheesy

It’d be shocking to hear that there are some people who do not waste their monies on these stuffs.
I know a couple of projects in the bustling cities that the owners do not have burglar proofs installed. lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
JustCryptos:

What's the price range?
90k 4 sittings, N140k 6 sittings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
Desanta:

Benin.
how many do u need? to know the type of truck that will carry it and the transportation cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

1) How much?

2) In stock?

3) Delivery to Ibadan?

Gracias.
90k 4 sittings, 140k 6 sittings, not instock it will be build for you, and deliver it to ibadan, how many do you need sir?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
erico2k2:

is the MUD sold in here in 9ja

I am not sure
You will need a drywall tap
You will put the drywall tap over the joint and apply the mud
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

1) Unless you’re going to personally supervise or have trusted hands na the same thing e go be.

2) If your site is near Apata, there’s an outfit called Prudence, walahi their blocks are very good. Not same but as close to USA blocks.

This is what I said last time, buying is less stress ahaha

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

This is why I like the nailed on lip piece instead of the carved in one.
Yeh here you go you get the gist if its nailed it can just get removed and put on the other side

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akin3891: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hi guys, can anyone give me a rough estimate for a decking on a two unit of two bedroom and the cost of a modern aluminium roofing. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
diordaves:

I prefer picture 3 because of the ample upstairs sit-out areas at the front and the tall windows. I can imagine natural light flooding in.

However, for me there are two significant points of note:

I'm not a fan of flat roof for personal edifices. A red cap chief doesn't sit on the high table with a flat cap on. But that's me though.

Now that ample sit-out. The sit-out should be in keeping with the surrounding area. The sit-out should offer a nice view to the meadow or green vegetation. So if the nearby building is a bungalow then the sit-out would be meaningful with a view to die for. But if the nearby building is also a duplex or storey building, it is no good having such ample sit-out with a view to other people's bedroom.

I like your "red chief" analogy very well, people from this side of the world will be asking for the roof like it's a debt grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovelani(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You're on point sir, that's same block my friend used for his project..... Will get my next set of blocks from there too

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
You don't necessarily need to use imported drywall mud. Even OPC putty is used for mudding drywall joints. Only drawback is workability after it sets in case one needs to sand it. I intend to use regular 3mm boards. Have already ordered for drywall tapes (mesh and paper) and will use OPC as jointing compound. Will surely share the results, as this is a topic that a lot of people are interested in.
GoodFaith:

I am not sure
You will need a drywall tap
You will put the drywall tap over the joint and apply the mud

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
money121:
We need skylight for this Roofing job
If you know anybody you can recommend please DM
Very urgent

Whatsapp 08085310359

Check nfoglass on Instagram

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2020
gordonbarrett:
You don't necessarily need to use imported drywall mud. Even OPC putty is used for mudding drywall joints. Only drawback is workability after it sets in case one needs to sand it. I intend to use regular 3mm boards. Have already ordered for drywall tapes (mesh and paper) and will use OPC as jointing compound. Will surely share the results, as this is a topic that a lot of people are interested in.

I'm not sure, is there Lime Plaster in Nigeria? Lime plaster will give a better workability and finish than OPC. Lime plaster is breathable so no fear of cracking when dried.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
Abdullah36:
Hi painters
What's the cost of terylene per meter (labour and material)
Contact Teejay :08023895800
I'm assuming it's tyroline done with cement. If so, you would buy the materials and would be charged for labor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Skydivine and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.