Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389687 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
n3xt:

Even at this, let’s not rush to buy.

Remember, they can’t stock up for too long.

I’m not buying a single bag of cement until March 01, 2021. Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m not buying a single bag of cement until March 01, 2021. Insha Allah.
lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2020
Good Evening everyone, kindly contact us for your Land Survey Services. 08069018449. Thank You
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ideal entrance porch

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
n3xt:
Breaking!!!

Fall in cement price. Now #2900 at my end.

Good news tho it's still selling at 4500 at my end in Delta state ��‍♂️
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Posting for a friend grin
you made my day brosss grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Even at this, let’s not rush to buy.

Remember, they can’t stock up for too long.
I know it must come down cos people who stock must cell or it goes hard!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2020

Shape of things to come

#contemporary #passivhaus #NextHome20

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Shape of things to come

#contemporary #NextHome20
I have been to a site of a Nairalander whose window is like the second one and we're still in 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2020
michlins:
I have been to a site of a Nairalander whose window is like the second one and we're still in 2020

That’s was cool!

I intend to retrofit mine in 2021. Carcass still ongoing.

_______
Do you mind sharing pics?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:44am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

That’s was cool!

I intend to retrofit mine in 2021. Carcass still ongoing.

_______
Do you mind sharing pics?
sorry but I'm not allowed to share cause it's not my work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Shape of things to come

To all the aluminum window guys. Challenge yourselves this coming year to introduce new technology and designs.

Go on Pinterest and look around.

You have an opportunity here because many here are from diaspora and will support you.

You already have the tools and materials.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

To all the aluminum window guys. Challenge yourselves this coming year to introduce new technology and designs.

Go on Pinterest and look around.

You have an opportunity here because many here are from diaspora and will support you.

You already have the tools and materials.

Baba, the market no dey reject DIYers. If my fabricator won’t do it or provide me with options, I’d do it myself.

________
But the whole thing start with architects. They should stop designing 4 x 4 windows

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Shape of things to come

I known a lot of people might ask “Won’t the glass break in Nigeria?”

The glass will be toughened. This ain’t the first large window design I’m working on. I’ve done. 6m wide window and even larger in different builds.

I’ve done floor-to-ceiling and glass wall - all in Nigeria.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2020
Beyond Windows | The Alternatives

- Let’s begin to explore Skylights
- Bring back our glassblocks
- Introduce Glass doors

Let’s begin to explore polycarbonate. Some of the alternative building materials are cheaper and more efficient than having traditional windows.

See you in 2021 cool

________
All images below are Naija based projects

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2020
We are better than this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2020
Beyond Doors | The Alternatives

- Let’s bring pocket doors. It’s dirt cheap to construct one. The accessories are super cheap in mushin, Lagos (N200 - N1500)

-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:19am On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:
Beyond Doors | The Alternatives

- Let’s bring pocket doors. It’s dirt cheap to construct one. The accessories are super cheap in mushin, Lagos (N200 - N1500)

-

I used barn doors. I couldn’t figure out how to do pocket doors with blocks without ending up with 16” walls.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I used barn doors. I couldn’t figure out how to do pocket doors with blocks without ending up with 16” walls.

You will need wooden frame cladded with fiber cement board. Kalsi board will be perfect here.

______
Pic 3 - 6in thick wall using Kalsi board.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2020
@egunmogaji2

There are lots of solutions in the market by Nigerite that might interest you.

Check out Kalsi Plank http://www.kalsisolutions.com/kalsiplank/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Shape of things to come

Nice and beautiful aesthetics. But when the almighty and inevitable burglary and mosquito nets are installed, the beauty of the glass fades away.

Our peculiar environmental and societal challenges have made it impossible for us to a enjoy a beautiful glass homes.

I wanted to do that small diameter lengthy fixed windows but shelved the idea. When you have it like 4 on a length of a wall, it is beautiful.

I agreed with you - our fabricators should do away with all these 4x4 or 8x8. I never had any of all these. All my window measurements were bespoke.

Large and tall windows rocks any time, any day.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:
@egunmogaji2

There are lots of solutions in the market by Nigerite that might interest you.

Check out Kalsi Plank http://www.kalsisolutions.com/kalsiplank/

There are alternatives but the question remains: are they cost effective when compared to the status quo? We are still very poor in this country and most of us are very cost sensitive. I love all these alternative construction material being marketed these days by the companies but their costs are still quite high. Dominion is into all these fiber board, Kalsi board cladding and other alternative building materials. But the guy is always objective to let you know that their prices are far higher than the regular thing we use. However, they always turn out to be more beautiful and aesthetically more appealing.

Cost is always a determining factor. I love what Nigerite and some other building material companies are doing. over the long run, the prices will level up with the other alternatives.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
michlins:
some people just work while creating problem for home owners
Probably they never heard or aware of folding or sliding doors!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
omanzo02:

even without this, you can do a door that opens outwards instead of usual way. But someone is about to eat now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
omanzo02:

Bi-folding cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
Focusmind:

There are alternatives but the question remains: are they cost effective when compared to the status quo? We are still very poor in this country and most of us are very cost sensitive. I love all these alternative construction material being marketed these days by the companies but their costs are still quite high. Dominion is into all these fiber board, Kalsi board cladding and other alternative building materials. But the guy is always objective to let you know that their prices are far higher than the regular thing we use. However, they always turn out to be more beautiful and aesthetically more appealing.

Cost is always a determining factor. I love what Nigerite and some other building material companies are doing. over the long run, the prices will level up with the other alternatives.

Tbh, they’re far more expensive when you’re not DIYing

Today we’ve seen people upgrading old prados (cosmetic upgrades) into 2020 model without paying the actual cost of a 2020 model. That seems more like “thinking outside the box.”

We need same approach in the construction industry. #reverseengineering

You don’t need the new 2020 engine, just the body kits.

______
Even the poorest of the poor will jump at the upgrade offer.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bakin3:

The Biofil toilet digester system is a modern waste (toilet) management technology; it’s a small enclosed concrete chamber that replaces the septic tank or manhole and requires only a small space (Land).

Its’ construction is cheaper and safer compare to Septic tanks or Man-hole system. The digester mimics decomposition in natural environments: living organisms/bacteria in an enclosed concrete chamber that treat all decayable matter (human waste) through aerobic decomposition.

It is environmentally friendly, very hygienic, produces no odor and very cheap to install in your home or office.

Good afternoon.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Good afternoon House, please where can I buy coconut fiber? I want to construct my biodigester myself.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Greetings to everyone here. Please how can I amend this crack and what could be the possible cause?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nannymcphee(f): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello house, I read somewhere but I havent seen extensive post on the subject

That land used for cassava farming poses a threat for building foundation, please any truth to this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
n3xt:

Baba, the market no dey reject DIYers. If my fabricator won’t do it or provide me with options, I’d do it myself.

________
But the whole thing start with architects. They should stop designing 4 x 4 windows
4X4 window ahah this table you wan shake soo people stand on top and some nor wear dross grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.