Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377014 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Wait you're the person who got sold fake cables the other time now , abi?
Posting the prices from your "correct seller" who turned out to have slapped you cheesy.
Your trouser no help you ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin

I need someone to help me stand up from this gutter I have fallen into grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
n3xt:

Not at all!

When Simonkk wanted to supply me just 400k light fixtures, they came in their official bus.

Here we’ve seen someone who took 1.8m to buy cable from retailers and still end up paying transport.

The person who had 1.8m to spend is not a small player. It’s just that we are not fully exposed to the endless opportunities out there.

_______

When I first wanted to buy from these guys, they were like “We have minimum orders.”

I just told them “I have access to a very large market and I can recommend people to buy from you on a daily basis.”

I’ve had to walk in to many iron foundries to enquire about steel. If I can’t buy direct, I can get people to buy for me.

What I am telling you is that everyone cannot be driving to SimonKk to buy 10 pieces of light bulbs worth 8k for their small house, and that those who buy in bits are so much in the majority, and that's why the retailers are thriving.

Your example is way off the mark because people still patronise those small retailers with good results at the end. Please let's not demonise small players, if not, we will be going to the north to buy pepper for our stew instead of buying from Iya Basira.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
Dijita:

Sometimes ones taste or style preference has nothing to do with trying to impress people. Some people build duplex and put long span. Some people build bungalow( including myself) and then install Gerald because we like it. 90% of the time I wear wrist watch it is under my sleeve no one sees it. the wrist watch is not to impress anyone or to keep time. I wear it because my dressing process give me some level of satisfaction. I Like to open my shoe rack to select the right shoe, select the appropriate curve links and the right wrist watch. I am not a fashionista. it is only my wife and children that knows what is in my ward robe. My dressing is not to impress people but the process give me satisfaction. The same thing people can buy Gerald or Lexus not necessarily to impress anybody but to derive self satisfaction.
@ Bolded Couldn't agree more.. . . . "Quality" of life is exactly about that. Happiness and satisfaction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin

I need someone to help me stand up from this gutter I have fallen into grin
Lol, You are hereby helped

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Posting the prices from your "correct seller" who turned out to have slapped you cheesy.

Fake cables everywhere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

@ Bolded Couldn't agree more.. . . . "Quality" of life is exactly about that. Happiness and satisfaction.

Do you know that using goods that gives you happiness can make one to live longer?

I laugh when some people who are as poor as me tell me that it doesn't matter what they use to roof their house, or that the neighbours can go to blazes as he isn't trying to satisfy them.

The day you start building, you are dancing in an open square and many are watching you. If you cannot afford some finish, we understand and nod in sympathy, but for some to come here and tell me it's a matter of choice to see stone coated and still use aluminium, ask them why they didn't use grasses as roof like in the olden days, why did they even bother to use aluminium? grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Do you know that using goods that gives you happiness can make one to live longer?

I laugh when some people who are as poor as me tell me that it doesn't matter what they use to roof their house, or that the neighbours can go to blazes as he isn't trying to satisfy them.

The day you start building, you are dancing in an open square and many are watching you. If you cannot afford some finish, we understand and nod in sympathy, but for some to come here and tell me it's a matter of choice to see stone coated and still use aluminium, ask them why they didn't use grasses as roof like in the olden days, why did they even bother to use aluminium? grin

Yinmu!

Before stone-coated, there was Nigerite Super lightweight. Then, longspan roofing sheet. Later, Steptiles. Not too long metcopo, shingles, shakes, Gerald, polycarbonate, SIP, acrylic and so on...

Everything is only a matter of time!

_____

I did a project in Lekki, Lagos for a high profile Nigerian here and he decided to use Nigerite roofing sheet. He cares not about who’s looking! His land costs about 60m lipsrsealed

______

In similar vein, I did a 8.5m roof in 2015. Guess What! It was a longspan roofing sheet. That amount will almost deliver a duplex (carcass) in some location.

Everything is a matter of choice!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
n3xt:

Yinmu!

Before stone-coated, there was Nigerite Super lightweight. Then, longspan roofing sheet. Later, Steptiles. Not too long metcopo, shingles, shakes, Gerald, polycarbonate, SIP, acrylic and so on...

Everything is only a matter of time!

_____

I did a project in Lekki, Lagos for a high profile Nigerian here and he decided to use Nigerite roofing sheet. He cares not about who’s looking! His land costs about 60m lipsrsealed

Wring analogy again grin

That a rich man decided to hail a taxi and go to work, it's either he wants to throw off his enemies and pass in a vehicle they don't know, or he is afraid to scratch his car.

That a rich man decided to use Nigerite, it's either he is building a house for his people where he won't stay for long, or he's protecting his land from grabbers with a house.

For a poor person like me, it's different. If a poor person decides to use aluminium, it's because he knows he cannot afford better options. The poor don't pretend to be poor. grin

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Wring analogy again grin

That a rich man decided to hail a taxi and go to work, it's either he wants to throw off his enemies and pass in a vehicle they don't know, or he is afraid to scratch his car.

That a rich man decided to use Nigerite, it's either he is building a house for his people where he won't stay for long, or he's protecting his land from grabbers with a house.

For a poor person like me, it's different. If a poor person decides to use aluminium, it's because he knows he cannot afford better options. The poor don't pretend.

I didn’t know you’re speaking for the poor. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
n3xt:

I didn’t know you’re speaking for the poor. cool

Tell me just one poor person who gets a new Mercedes as winning and instead opt to be driving his keke maruwa? grin

We poor people will never pretend to be poor, he who is on the ground, is there anywhere he can fall to again? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Sorry nobody sold me fake cable
If you sell me fake cable it will be a war
You will give me the correct cable or will 500k to make your life hell
I fight back, I don't take BS
When I told me brother to buy wood to roof
The person selling the wood ask my brothers if I was solider
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
kopell:
Hahahah, when you frequently here God name from anybody you're negotiating with, it doesn't matter what tribe my brother run oooo. Not all igbos are bad people, bad people are in all tribes it's individuals that matters.
Next time, I'll tell the person to swear with Ogun, shopona, Amadioha, Thunder grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Your above comment is very interesting
You very right
One of the reason I said Nairaland is a school

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
GoodFaith:

You fight back for this our Lagos? grin

Both you and your 500k will be beaten black and blue. The same people whom you paid to treat their matter will finish your money, then collect bribes from them to chase you around. They are at an advantage because they know the area. You cannot be coming from Yankee to win local feuds in the market. grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Its personal. For me it's a matter of choice and design

Completed a private build with a contemporary design two years ago. Roof design is Monopitched and very minimalist.
I used Tower .55mm longspan Cost me less than 2.5m for woodwork and sheets. But I spent about the same amount on glass/windows . Because the design "required that" . . . . I had lots of 9 coach windows, and corner design. I wasn't going to use an expensive roofing sheet just to make a point when the long span sufficiently provided the desired aesthetics and functionality .

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

You fight back for this our Lagos? grin

Both you and your 500k will be beaten black and blue. The same people whom you paid to treat their matter will finish your money, then collect bribes from them to chase you around. They are at an advantage because they know the area. You cannot be coming from Yankee to win local feuds in the market. grin

Because I am not home meaning
All my friends and the people I grown up with are all not home
or people I now don't know people
My friends said I was crazy to be dealing with a gangster Boss
Five young boys between 25 to 32 ages was doing stuff for me
After sometime I went to talk to the people
One of the boy said I told his friends " I told You"--understand he was not dealing with a fool
I told the boys I just got off the boat
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
GoodFaith:

When I told me brother to buy wood to roof
The person selling the wood ask my brothers if I was solider
Lol you clowning fam.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
BankeSmalls:

What I am telling you is that everyone cannot be driving to SimonKk to buy 10 pieces of light bulbs worth 8k for their small house, and that those who buy in bits are so much in the majority, and that's why the retailers are thriving.

Your example is way off the mark because people still patronise those small retailers with good results at the end. Please let's not demonise small players, if not, we will be going to the north to buy pepper for our stew instead of buying from Iya Basira.
Can you please post the link of this SIMONKK store to no who the are.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Lol you clowning fam.

Like your user name common sense
Life is common sense
My kids have to come with common sense or street sense
I am not looking for a kid that make 100% book

88% book sense is good for me but come with 90% street sense or common sense if you want to be successful

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Greet you all in our property section... As an Engineer, ibamnalso a registered chartered secretary... so help our second ministry...

More Commendations on this trend...

https://www.nairaland.com//27

hoping to get referrals...

Get your company registered today for a token...

I am the cheapest in Nigeria...

REGISTER YOUR LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY WITH JUST A TOKEN... 75k with duration of 4 working days..

Whatsapp or call.... Mr Gbenga....
Zero, Seven, Zero, Three, Two, Seven, Two, Eight, Nine, Four, One.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Its personal. For me it's a matter of choice and design

Completed a private build with a contemporary design two years ago. Roof design is Monopitched and very minimalist.
I used Tower .55mm longspan Cost me less than 2.5m for woodwork and sheets. But I spent about the same amount on glass/windows . Because the design "required that" . . . . I had lots of 9 coach windows, and corner design. I wasn't going to use an expensive roofing sheet just to make a point when the long span sufficiently provided the desired aesthetics and functionality .

Regardless of what anyone think, you can't use stone-coated sheets on a contemporary build. Not even step tiles...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
GoodFaith:

Like your user name common sense
Life is common sense
My kids have to come with common sense or street sense
I am not looking for a kid that make 100% book

88% book sense is good for me but come with 90% street sense or common sense if you want to be successful

GoodFaith:

bought coleman in Lagos

1.5---4700
2.5---7000
4---12000
6---19000
10---25000
my friend help me
the number on the receipts -----0107865100, and

Other dude have the following here
Original J&B wires and cables with pure copper and complete 100metres in length available

1mm- N3,700
1.5mm- N4,900
2.5mm- N7,900
4mm- N13,000
6mm- N20,000
10mm- N31,000
16mm- N47,000

Contact us on : 08083108100
We are Located in Benin city, Edo state

The same sense you used to buy these abi. Lol.
Na oversabi dey kill some of us. Penny wise pound foolish. Learn from your mistakes bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

Na oversabi dey kill some of us. Penny wise pound foolish. Learn from your mistakes bro

Boss that price enh... Pure fake price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
Commonsense101:

I did my research
I wanted coleman
Ok, what was the price of coleman in Benin at that time
I am sorry to tell you I have belts that cost lot of money and
You can look at me and say one of your belts will buy 7 very good belts
You are right
Lot of time " I want what I want"
call it crazy
A dude I work with once told me that I have a high end car at home
to stop hiding it- I smiled and I said NO
we have work together for 15 year, we make the same pay
He know i have other interest that generate my money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
commonsense
I want it all
but resource are limited so common sense come in
about 12 year back I can lay my house out with about 20k at the same time
I can invest 30k today generating 1,350 monthly
I said my house is not an invest but a home
I do want to take care of my invest before taking care of my home
I will give you an example
10 year back, she bought 65k for high Car
20k was down pay
I was very mad
I want her to invest 25k today that invest would have generate income and value today over 120k
she needed the Car to show she was successful but she did not go out there to buy bag for 3000 to 5000
she bought few
she late did some investment
why you working hard - you have to do stuff that will make you happy

BankeSmalls:
"Do you know that using goods that gives you happiness can make one to live longer?"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
2021 is coming... For those of you that need reliable General Goods partner in food stuffs business ( cow, cattle, goat, ram, sheep, tomato, pepper, onions, beans, maize, soya beans etc) or construction Building materials and proffessionals in the North of Nigeria... Feel free to contact me... Engr.Gbenga.
I can always be your guide..

Whatsapp or call........
Zero, Seven, Zero, Three, Two, Seven, Two, Eight, Nine, Four, One.. I am precisely in Zaria, Kaduna... As a federal civil servant...

trust isn't an issue... just my enterprenueral southern nature.. we have enough time working in the North. No hold Up.. close 4pm from office.. reach your house 4.05pm.. nothing else to do...

I have a team of trust worthy individuals I have recruited over my last 12 years stay in the North...

Mobility around zaria, kaduna is not a problem.

Engr. Gbenga .. From Zaria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
vickzie:

4) you don't need to change the inverter. just buy the panels together with a solar charge controller.

He will need a hybrid inverter (solar + public power)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
coldcandy:

He will need a hybrid inverter (solar + public power)

Yes solar hybrid. Two sources of charging..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
Please reduce your volume..lol...�� or even turn off your mic...that baba choose to generalize and antagonize a region/tribe because one or two failed him...I wrote about this few pages ago......self righteousness to absolve one from blame...

BankeSmalls:

You can keep sounding self righteous because you already had the plan to blame someone else for your laxity. You failed to count your goods and you are here still blaming the seller when you should have turned back the truck at the road to recount.

I hate it when people come online to spread hate because of their own failure to do the right things. A nairalander even offered you lower prices, but noooo, you must go buy from those whom you don't like, whom you claimed had cheated you many times just to come and cry here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
n3xt:

Not at all!

When Simonkk wanted to supply me just 400k light fixtures, they came in their official bus.

Here we’ve seen someone who took 1.8m to buy cable from retailers and still end up paying transport.

The person who had 1.8m to spend is not a small player. It’s just that we are not fully exposed to the endless opportunities out there.

_______

When I first wanted to buy from these guys, they were like “We have minimum orders.”

I just told them “I have access to a very large market and I can recommend people to buy from you on a daily basis.”

I’ve had to walk in to many iron foundries to enquire about steel. If I can’t buy direct, I can get people to buy for me.
Can you please post the link of this SIMONKK store to no who the are.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
topsy23:

Boss that price enh... Pure fake price

*2.5mm single wire red 7 rolls.
*2.5mm single wire black 7 rolls.
*1.5mm single wire green 7 rolls.
*20mm pipe 2 bundle.
*20mm coupler 1 packet.
*25mm pipe 1 bundle.
*25mm coupler 1packet.

I need all these latest 13:00 on Monday. They need to run the cables as they're fixing the tiles.

I'll appreciate if you can supply.

3rd Mainland bridge is closed to all traffic on Monday and I don't want to go to Oroyinyin or Idumagbo and meet another Nwosu for story to start that touch again grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), Gharnew112(m), decatalyst(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.