Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370489 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I just came back from Madubuchi in Oke Bola. One of my favorite stockist. I feel at home there and is the only place I’ve been buying equipments to outfit my 4 year unfinished bungalow grin
Oke Bola, Baba why not Oke Ado, or Idi Ayunre? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:

The good side is also reusability.

If you zoom in the attached image, the spacers are there.

Once the wall dries up with the tiles, we remove the spacers for use on other parts

So says a tribal bigot and ethnic hater.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:

Because all those places contain human spare parts markets instead of building materials market

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
BankeSmalls:

I don't even expect you to consider the Igbo man who hasn't even defended himself. In your eye, he's guilty because all his tribes people are always thieves. That's the narrative, same things you all were taught in primary school, same thing that is difficult for you to shake off here.

That's why we said you troll guys here goals is only to mention and keep mentioning tribes.

If not, a better response is expected. Good luck with your fight hero

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Commonsense101:

You need to address your wrong doing instead of playing deaf.
Your position was grossly ignorant, brazenly tribalistic and very provocative .
The conduct of those trolling cannot be excused , but neither can yours.
Majority of the artisans who pilfer and try to swindle clients are from? sand sellers, wood sellers, cement sellers , in the Western region are ?. How many people do you see coming here to tag yorubas thieves?
You need to check yourself

Allow him to continue fooling his generation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
gurunlocker:

That's why we said you troll guys here goals is only to mention and keep mentioning tribes.

If not, a better response is expected. Good luck with your fight hero

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:

May God bless you.

Yes buyer may sometimes get carried away, but why will you collect ₦1,533,000 and issue a receipt of ₦1,397,000?

When will dishonesty end in Nigeria?

When?

Look at the images and tell me if this is not pure evil

I'm not just interested in feeding trolls. Hence, I'll not respond to a single quote from any troll.

The bolded is the big problem in Nigeria and the world at large. It is not peculiar to any tribe or country.

Let's pretend the last name was not intentionally left uncovered from the bank transaction.

The picture did not show all the items in the receipts.. did all the individual items purchased add up to 1.3m or was it 1.5m? Your picture did not do justice to that.

There have been incidents were people make those mistakes. There have also been incidents were apprentice do this sort of thing so there Oga will not find out or the seller provided multiple receipts from one bank transaction.

Regardless, assuming this was a case of fraudulent activities even though we haven't heard from the other party, just believing what you said.. IT IS VERY WRONG TO LABEL A WHOLE TRIBE AS CRIMINALS.!!

we have seen lots of individuals here giving out hints on their trade, I know money121 refused to do the same and was castigated but anyways, checkitout do post some write ups about his line of business like people beware kind of thing..

who are those selling granites in Ogun, Lagos, Oyo axis if I might ask ( the granite fraud is not only peculiar to these areas) ? If another tribe was building a house and retained the services of those dishonest granites dealer, would it be plausible for that individual to come online and say,( after learning the tricks of the trade and buyer beware from check it out) and say this tribe are all criminals Are we talking of electric cables , rebagging of cement?

At the end of the day, people need to be careful both in Nigeria and outside of Nigeria. Outside of Nigeria, I always ask for a receipt even if I purchased a pack of gum. I even count my money after withdrawing from ATM ( I have caught them twice, whether the bank intended it work like that or not,, I do not know,, what I know is my money was not complete).

There have been many instances where people did not give me my correct balance, deny having a conversation with me about something ( that's why I use email and what's app in most communications). It doesn't mean all white people are criminals. There are bad eggs in every race, tribe, nationality.

I have paid money at a government agency before headed by someone not from my tribe, I paid 100 naira ( not the exact amount) and was given a receipt of 60 naira. I asked and was told, they don't write a receipt for the other 40 naira, I was furious but was told oga, better come and be going ooh , if our Oga hear about your ranting for the 40 naira, your file will not move.

Your post should have been in the line of buyer beware, check your receipt after purchase and count the materials before leaving the shop kind of thing.

You were very wrong to condemn a whole tribe because of your bad experience with a handful of individuals from that tribe.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:
You're a life saver in July, when you gave the correct timber prices.
Thanks bro
All thanks to God... looking forward to your next building in 2021 by God grace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sufisunni: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Peace should return to the thread oooo

But did you notice that the original offender hasn't softened his stand ever since?

Did you know that after the Kano pogroms, Asaba massacre and the civil war that the Nigerian government has not deemed it fit to apologize to them Igbos?

Davodyguy, please do the needful.
stop playing the victim card here biko! Did Nigeria just wake up and attack the Igbos? Why neither the Southwest nor Niger delta was attacked?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nigeria is becoming tragic.

A place where the Thief accuses the Victim of not taking proper care of his property, to justify his (thieve's) stealing it. grin
If we cant tell ourselves the truth, then we are leaving it to outsiders to DEFINE us, as they see us.

If you have a behaviour, do yourself a BIG FAVOR by Changing it, rather than trying to bully or intimidate others into accepting it or playing the victim anytime you are caught.

Apologies should not be made out of fear or intimidation, it must be genuine and sincere.
APOLOGISE if you are wrong but never negotiate from a position of weakness.
Calling a Mad man, the Groom, does not make him a Groom, he still remains a Mad man and he better know it.
grin grin

After all the huff and puff, this thread will still be what it is about: BUILDING and DIY.

PS: Everything l posted was in the 'singular tense', for those that dont know the difference. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:
Nigeria is becoming tragic.

A place where the Thief accuses the Victim of not taking proper care of his property, to justify his (thieve's) stealing it. grin
If we cant tell ourselves the truth, then we are leaving it to outsiders to DEFINE us, as they see us.

If you have a behaviour, do yourself a BIG FAVOR by Changing it, rather than trying to bully or intimidate others into accepting it or playing the victim anytime you are caught.

Apologies should not be made out of fear or intimidation, it must be genuine and sincere.
APOLOGISE if you are wrong but never negotiate from a position of weakness.
Calling a Mad man, the Groom, does not make him a Groom, he still remains a Mad man and he better know it.
grin grin

After all the huff and puff, this thread will still be what it is about: BUILDING and DIY.

PS: Everything l posted was in the 'singular tense', for those that dont know the difference. undecided

I love your rants, sometimes I love people who like to add fuel into a burning building to keep the flames raging. Keep the fire burning.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sufisunni:
stop playing the victim card here biko! Did Nigeria just wake up and attack the Igbos? Why neither the Southwest nor Niger delta was attacked?

Victim card? That's the person crying here about being scammed. A one sided cry at that.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
I apologize to all Igbo's for the comments made concerning the transaction that went wrong.

It may be surprising that the same trader that is called a 'thief' may be the same trader that some people are searching for the best sales and services.

Several artisans have defrauded, cheated, plagiarized, threatened and insulted clients here on this thread, but no one has heard of their tribes.
Some don't even post comments here again.

We have an artisan here that sells granite that was once 'axed' by another artisan for a transaction that went wrong, to the extent that a thread was dedicated to him, yet nobody heard of his tribe, till date I haven't heard and I don't want to hear, that's not my interest.

Just went through the last 4 pages of this thread and still can't translate it into a meaningful conversation.

Please this is enough. Apologies have been tendered. I follow this thread to learn, not to read about tribe.

Since on Saturday there are questions I want to ask about septic tank and block sizes, but I have been holding it because I am fully aware that in a sane community this sort of argument discourages intelligent minds!! Please let's embrace peace. when all this is cleared I will proceed.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:

That’s where he’s located ni grin

His Sister and her husband has a plumbing shop on Akala Express, Innobiz, and is the only place I buy all my plumbing equipment.

They treat me like family there. Good people. I’ll follow them for holidays in their village one day in the future.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
I seconded this, please the aggrieved party kindly accept the apology and move on. A lot of us(people) are benefiting from this thread a lot as a kobokobo project owner. Please accept our apologies

CC
BankeSmalls, Rexology etc

Godisgreatest1:
I apologize to all Igbo's for the comments made concerning the transaction that went wrong.

It may be surprising that the same trader that is called a 'thief' may be the same trader that some people are searching for the best sales and services.

Several artisans have defrauded, cheated, plagiarized, threatened and insulted clients here on this thread, but no one has heard of their tribes.

We have an artisan here that sells granite that was once 'axed' by another artisan for a transaction that went wrong, to the extent that a thread was dedicated to him, yet nobody heard of his tribe, till date I haven't heard and I don't want to hear, that's not my interest.

Just went through the last 4 pages of this thread and still can't translate it into a meaningful conversation.

Please this is enough. Apologies have been tendered. I follow this thread to learn, not to read about tribe.

Since on Saturday there are questions I want to ask about septic tank and block sizes, but I have been holding it because I am fully aware that in a sane community this sort of argument discourages intelligent minds!! Please let's embrace peace. when all this is cleared I will proceed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

One question Oga, do you think the offender himself should apologize?

Not that we don't value your peace making efforts, but don't you think he owes the house an apology?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Thenext:
I seconded this, please the aggrieved party kindly accept the apology and move on. A lot of us(people) are benefiting from this thread a lot as a kobokobo project owner. Please accept our apologies

CC
BankeSmalls, Rexology etc

I am a man of peace. Please lets forgive and move on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Not that we don't value your peace making efforts, but don't you think he owes the house an apology?
Please for the sake of what we have been gaining from this thread, let's forgive and move on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
Please lets give PEACE a chance.

In fact ,that particular igbo man that was alleged to have cheated him, might become his good friend tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
Rexology:
Please lets give PEACE a chance.

In fact ,that particular igbo man that was alleged to have cheated him, might become his good friend tomorrow.
I am 100% open to this wink

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
BankeSmalls:

Hello madam,

To be honest with you as well as everyone here, the comment the young man made was obviously wrong. But:

He was 'cheated' and he reacted, but you can easily tell he 'over'-reacted, and may not mean to paint any tribe in a wrong image. I only wish he made the statement without any ethnicity attached.

But let's just assume he said it because he was and may be still angry over the huge amount of money he lost through the transaction. The man is aggrieved and so are you. If that's the way he can express his grievances let him be. If you know what he did was wrong don't do the same because it makes you no different from him.

Don't even coerce anyone to apologize, it devalues the meaning of apology. If he has decided not to apologize, that doesn't justify what he said was right.

Please accept my apologies and let peace reign.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I just came back from Madubuchi in Oke Bola. One of my favorite stockist. I feel at home there and is the only place I’ve been buying equipments to outfit my 4 year unfinished bungalow grin

Its maduabuchi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
davodyguy:

I am 100% open to this wink

Oh you could be even open to that but you let this issue span pages ?? angry angry

You yourself could have stopped all this and made a comment to clarify your stance not necessarily an apology not that the later is out of order.

See oo, joke apart, if anyone have lived through "labeling,' having a target on your back just because you are a "Nigerian " it doesn't matter if you are igbo or yoruba, just Nigerian. You will see that experience is not funny, very demoralizing or someone just label you something you are not just because you are black..

Have you been singled out at an airport before just because of your green passport? Even though you are law abiding citizen but was labeled as a bad guy just because of your nationality?

Things like your original statement should not be tolerated. So are you insinuating every one of yoruba decent doing business in Lagos is a saint?? There are no scammer , fraudulent people of yoruba decent doing business, scamming people and engaging in fraud in Lagos?

Please let's be guided when we make those silly tribal assumptions.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Badgers14:

Oh you could be even open to that but you let this issue span pages ?? angry angry

You yourself could have stopped all this and made a comment to clarify your stance not necessarily an apology not that the later is out of order.

See oo, joke apart, if anyone have lived through "labeling,' having a target on your back just because you are a "Nigerian " it doesn't matter if you are igbo or yoruba, just Nigerian. You will see that experience is not funny, very demoralizing or someone just label you something you are not just because you are black..

Have you been singled out at an airport before just because of your green passport? Even though you are law abiding citizen but was labeled as a bad guy just because of your nationality?

Things like your original statement should not be tolerated. So are you insinuating every one of yoruba decent doing business in Lagos is a saint?? There are no scammer , fraudulent people of yoruba decent doing business, scamming people and engaging in fraud in Lagos?

Please let's be guided when we make those silly tribal assumptions.

Please, we cannot continue like this, let's forgive him and move on.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Rexology:

Please, we cannot continue like this, let's forgive him and move on.

I know, I want peace to reign like the next guy but what is wrong is wrong...

frankly I was disappointed by the davodguy guys approach to this but more disappointed in some other people's reaction.. some well known names in this thread.. I think they should have made a comment to pacify this.

We've got to stand up for what's right whether it was for or against you. Here's why, you could be on the receiving end of that treatment.

Speaking of being singled out at the airport, I was traveling once and the guy sitting beside me was a Nigerian as well, different tribe from me.

He was on the position of this tribes are this and that.. guess what, landed to catch our connecting flight, guess who was sent it for a secondary search? Not me, the flight was canceled beuavse of weather and the airline was lodging folks in a hotel, guess who was placed in a nice hotel? Me ,

the airline refused to put him in a hotel because he had a Nigerian passport. It was just Iike all those folks over heard our conversation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
BankeSmalls:

I love your rants, sometimes I love people who like to add fuel into a burning building to keep the flames raging. Keep the fire burning.

If you like, you can beat an Apology out of him, that is not my own headache. You and your 'wailing-wailers' have made more tribal insults at other tribes here, that you have lost all moral right to ask anyone to apologise to you

When the Poster said ALL TRIBES have Criminals among them (which is a fact), l did not hear the Hausas come here to shout, l did not hear the Yorubas carry Cutlass, l did not hear people of Edo accuse him of tribalism, l did not hear Fulani man say he insulted all of them, l did not hear Idoma people say he must prostrate or they would burn the Lokoja bridge, the only people asking for apology and INSULTING other tribes here, are Igbos like you.[/b] This is not a generalisation on all Igbos but a statement of fact that can be verified in the last few pages.
No Yoruba or Hausa or Edo or Ijaw or Igala or Ibibio has insulted any Igbo person, despite all the insults you have thrown at other tribes.

Just because the name of THIS particular Fraudster is Ezenwa, does not mean we would shy away from calling him Ezenwa and rather call him Eniola or Eghosa or Mahmoud. or Aniete. grin undecided
Who then owes Who, an Apology? angry

#Plenti-Plenti-Nonsense

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Need a professional paving stone contractor around Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan? NextHome Brick+Stones has been the one-stop solution for all hardscape installation.

Call +234.80.234.29.122 for enquiries and pricing information.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

If you like, you can beat an Apology out of him, that is not my own headache. You and your 'wailing-wailers' have made more tribal insults at other tribes here, that you have lost all moral right to ask anyone to apologise to you

When the Poster said ALL TRIBES have Criminals among them (which is a fact), l did not hear the Hausas come here to shout, l did not hear the Yorubas carry Cutlass, l did not hear people of Edo accuse him of tribalism, l did not hear Fulani man say he insulted all of them, l did not hear Idoma people say he must prostrate or they would burn the Lokoja bridge, the only people asking for apology and INSULTING other tribes here, are Igbos like you.[/b] This is not a generalisation on all Igbos but a statement of fact that can be verified in the last few pages.
No Yoruba or Hausa or Edo or Ijaw or Igala or Ibibio has insulted any Igbo person, despite all the insults you have thrown at other tribes.

Just because the name of THIS particular Fraudster is Ezenwa, does not mean we would shy away from calling him Ezenwa and rather call him Eniola or Eghosa or Mahmoud. or Aniete. grin undecided

#Plenti-Plenti-Nonsense
What do you want to achieve with this post? please allow peace to reign, let's be guided!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

Hello madam,

No be all 'f' be female ooo.
This forum is faceless and genderless and tribeless kiss

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

#Plenti-Plenti-Nonsense

The part you bolded was exactly my point earlier.... But I guess most of them have problem with comprehension or they just have a higher motive....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
n3xt:
Need a professional paving stone contractor around Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan? NextHome Brick+Stones has been the one-stop solution for all hardscape installation.

Call +234.80.234.29.122 for enquiries and pricing information.

How much do you charge per sqm for moulding and laying of interlocking stones?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BankeSmalls(f): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

#Plenti-Plenti-Nonsense

And he had to call the full name of the man online?

Like I told you before, I understand that you want to prolong this matter as you are here still justifying tribalism.

There was no need for any other tribe to respond to him because it was only Patrick Ebere he mentioned on the post.

It's because of people like you Nigeria got to this position, it's also because of comments like this that evil will continue, if good people keep quiet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.