Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4410233 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2020
debeey87:

You can work overtime through the midnight na grin cheesy, why u wan collect time out

Don't worry about me, let me finish my Christmas goat before continuing.

Tankio for your advice that we should continue.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2020
gbadexy:

I believe a public apology is in order. We can understand other sections are full of under aged and under exposed folks but there can't be any excuse here since it's mainly matured folks that frequent here.
Contractors and service providers that should lend their voices often times maintain neutrality in other not to offend any party and loose potential patronage.
It's awkward how everyone is minding their business, not wanting to offend anyone.
I choose to respond to you because you are one of the respected person here.
My question is are you sure you follow the thread of the conversation?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

Talk to people like @Imran Roofing or @Johntemmy, both are into the Roofing and wood business and should be able to offer you good advice.

Imram roofing is an hausa/fulani company where the owner is a pure braggart who according to Google, has been stealing business on here from A yoruba man in the name of Johntemmy.

This is injustice to the north an I am reporting this to Aso rock for possible investigation and prosecution. The yoruba people don't have a right to practice their tribalism on this thread anymore.

Any attempted attempt to cheat any tribe in this place again will be stiffly rejected.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2020
Dijita:

You want to use tribalism to change his mind to support your evil? He was right to support an apology for peace to reign but it seems like you want to continue to insult ndigbo.

We will continue to insult each other till we all learn to respect each other.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

Maturity and Wisdom entails knowing when to Respond and when to not Respond.
It is like accepting a Mud-Fight with a Pig, It will drag you down and even beat you with experience. grin grin

I applaud him as well.

You this trouble maker that types many long useless posts, you just called me a pig?

Really?

Okay, we will see about that. Just prepare yourself because this is going to be long and hard. Your long useless epistles cannot help you or your yoruba people in this janganza mud bath.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2020
jabolo:

Modified: Never mind. The below quote is very apt. Carry on.

Sure as heck I will! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2020
n3xt:

Yes it was!
You’d hardly notice what was used to roof the building.

Information coming from the grapevine suggests that this house owner paid you for a hip roof but after chopping his money, you used a flat design to roof his house grin

If you don't debunk the information, we will take it as factz. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2020
Daboomb:

Maturity and Wisdom entails knowing when to Respond and when to not Respond.
It is like accepting a Mud-Fight with a Pig, It will drag you down and even beat you with experience. grin grin

I applaud him as well.

I don't think you are matured Sir. It's either you are trying to insult these people by your cheeky remarks or you want the fiasco to continue. I think you should either assuage the matter by asking the offender to apologize, or you attack the trouble maker directly. You can fight him down. It's either you fight him, beg his people or stay off this case. Practice what you preach.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2020
Dijita:

The way I see it, he offered his own respectful opinion. Don't try to bully him about it. Nigeria will be better if people are allowed to speak their mind without being subjected to ethno religious sentiments.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2020
This guy shouldn't be more than 21 year old from all his post. The best is to ignore him and report him when line has been crossed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2020
zuraking:
This guy shouldn't be more than 21 year old from all his post. The best is to ignore him and report him when line has been crossed.

Still opposing an apology baba? grin

We dey here na.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2020
Dijita:

Yes sir. He complained about several transactions where he was short-changed by people from a particular region.
People generally take tribal and religious affiliation sentimental and I felt just as some have pointed out that crime cuts across all tribes.
If you want to buy cloth materials, they would advice you to be attentive when they are measuring the materials so as not to be cheated, same thing those selling foodstuffs with the measuring container dented or scale adjusted.
This is part of the general corruption we've all been discussing with one voice here.
I used to think some set of people are beyond reproach but experience has taught me we are all humans and non is infallible.
Even within my tribe, I supplied an non nairalander paints through contact from his brother whom didn't know me before but got my contact from the painter he saw them use my product. While I didn't run with their money even though they had no direct access to me physically and online, one of the brothers refused to pay me a substantial amount after delivery because he felt the distance would protect him. I just let it slide. I have a thread on them titled the three brothers in Ibadan.
Most people in all aspect of life especially in Nigeria are looking for easy way to make fast money. Start a business and put your kinsman there and don't supervise it, it would probably not end well.
Like many have said here, people should do their due diligence.
I proudly say it here and elsewhere that property section isn't like other sections and we have matured people beyond tribal and political sentiment and there hasn't been any partisan or religious discuss to create division.
I just felt it would serve overall best interest to keep it that way and not create a we versus them division. We can choose the anonymity the internet provides to be whoever we choose to be but I respect those that choose the anonymity to be good and of positive influence.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2020
successmatters:

Sure as heck I will! grin grin grin grin grin grin
bros please oooo, I like your courage and strength can you come to my house so that we can do it physical?

Address: Behind water board,
Magami ward,
Jalingo Local Government
Taraba State.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2020
gbadexy:

Yes sir. He complained about several transactions where he was short-changed by people from a particular region.
People generally take tribal and religious affiliation sentimental and I felt just as some have pointed out that crime cuts across all tribes.
If you want to buy cloth materials, they would advice you to be attentive when they are measuring the materials so as not to be cheated, same thing those selling foodstuffs with the measuring container dented or scale adjusted.
This is part of the general corruption we've all been discussing with one voice here.
I used to think some set of people are beyond reproach but experience has taught me we are all humans and non is infallible.
Even within my tribe, I supplied an non nairalander paints through contact from his brother whom didn't know me before but got my contact from the painter he saw them use my product. While I didn't run with their money even though they had no direct access to me physically and online, one of the brothers refused to pay me a substantial amount after delivery because he felt the distance would protect him. I just let it slide. I have a thread on them titled the three brothers in Ibadan.
Most people in all aspect of life especially in Nigeria are looking for easy way to make fast money. Start a business and put your kinsman there and don't supervise it, it would probably not end well.
I proudly say it here and elsewhere that property section isn't like other sections and we have matured people beyond tribal and political sentiment and there hasn't been any partisan or religious discuss to create division.
I just felt it would serve overall best interest to keep it that way and not create a we versus them division. We can choose the anonymity the internet provides to be whoever we choose to be but I respect those that choose the anonymity to be good and of positive influence.

So far, you've been very matured in all this. God will always bless those who stand for the truth. More billions to your business in 2021 and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2020
multikolour:
bros please oooo, I like your courage and strength can you come to my house so that we can do it physical?

Magami ward,
Jalingo Local Government
Taraba State.

Thank you

That's the kind of challenge I love grin

I have to warn you that I am an UFC fighter who is training for a title fight this January, better go do training to avoid stories that touch grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 7:59am On Dec 28, 2020
successmatters:

That's the kind of challenge I love grin

I have to warn you that I am a UFC fighter who is training for a title fight this January, better go do training to avoid stories that touch grin
let's discuss this when you come.
When coming bring abacha for me while I give a nice tuwon shinkafa

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2020
multikolour:
let's discuss this when you come.
When coming bring abacha for me while I give a nice tuwon shinkafa

You're not afraid of losing two front teeth? Ok, send me flight ticket. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2020
gbadexy:

Thank you for your response. I agreed that the posting was wrong and ought to be called out. However, those who called it out seems to be looking for something to fight about. Some of the same people asking for apology are the one making tribal insults. That is the reason I asked if you follow the thread. The posts of the people asking for apology indicates to me that they are probably people engaging in tribal fights all over the places and they are looking for their contemporary Yoruba types to turn this thread into another shit show as was the case in politics section. Since most people here are not into aimless fight hence the silence.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by egoldi01: 8:23am On Dec 28, 2020
I salute the maturity of this thread. I have gained and learnt a lot here. Maturity, indeed, is knowing what to overlook and what to dwell on. While some are really catching fun with their posts, some silence have been golden and some posts are really full of thoughts.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2020
Dijita:

Thank you for your response. I agreed that the posting was wrong and ought to be called out. However, those who called it out seems to be looking for something to fight about. Some of the same people asking for apology are the one making tribal insults. That is the reason I asked if you follow the thread. The posts of the people asking for apology indicates to me that they are probably people engaging in tribal fights all over the places and they are looking for their contemporary Yoruba types to turn this thread into another shit show as was the case in politics section. Since most people here are not into aimless fight hence the silence.
kiss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
Good morning to all builders, potential builders and contractors in the house.

What's your take on the announcement by CBN that Naira value would still fall versus Dollars in January?

This in my opinion will lead to another price increment of building materials, as many people even with old stock can take advantage.

This can further delay construction completion.

Not a good outlook at all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2020
Let him carry on for as long as he can. I don't see anything wrong with @davodyguy sharing his experience about a particular set of people even after he pointed out that people with the same attribute abound in other tribes.

Heaven did not fall when people called sand suppliers all sort of names here based on how they either load less sand and collect money for the correct tonnage. People saw it as a learning point to know how to identify the correct truck and check if it's fully or half loaded.

Someone who is requesting for apologies for one tribe is throwing shades at another tribe, where is the sense in that?

If @successmatters wants to be the defender of the Igbos on the thread, let him carry on. Other businesses will continue as well and we will not turn this to a war of tribe with him. He can also go and bring trolls like himself.

Dijita:

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2020
Long Post!!!

The issue is not so much whether the OP did or said hurtful things to a tribe. It’s pretty much inevitable if we chose to leave things to continue the same way. It’s much about how we try to understand what triggered the reaction.

Before I react in situation like this, I’d try to find perspective.

I’m sure you’d agree the OP didn’t just jump into conclusion. He listed out some of his past experiences from different suppliers.
Going out of his way to use the same people he’s complaining about shows he’s not tribalistic and he actually respect “your people.”

You know how painful it is to be mocked for taking a decision against other people’s wish and still got betrayed. The closest thing to it is to be insulted over an offense you didn’t commit.

E.g. “Nigerians are fantastically corrupt”, “Lazy Nigerian Youths...” etc

The second thing I’d do is to acknowledge and voice the unspoken.

For a man who just lost some thousands of naira (I remember you called it “just N130k”. Pls make una dash me o if you get am plenty o grin), I think it’d be nice to show compassion and see how you can turn the silent worries of the aggrieved into an actual discussion that can have many potential benefits for him and your people and not to issue him an ultimatum.

A lot of times you’ll realize that what you believed to be the truth wasn’t the whole picture when you have one-on-one discussion with an aggrieved person.

The man just wanted his complete order which wasn’t coming from “your man” (the supplier). Everyone defending tribes here failed to address this.

We simply dispel this as unimportant and felt appeasing the internet gods is.

We are quick to crucify the aggrieved man for over-reacting and shield our own as if nothing happened.

That’s unfair.

Some few years ago, a woman (my tribe) gave a long list of the things her husband (another tribe) is doing wrong, how the in-laws have been so terrible and it almost turned into heated argument right at my place.

I asked the wife “Do you want to be right or want to be married?” Then, there was silence in the house.

If we truly want to avoid a reoccurrence in the future, I think it’s fair to talk to our people about how to manage customers and not shield them in the name of patriotism.

For those using Brabus as an example, he was openly castigated by his people. They were not shielding him. In fact his closest friend testified against him in court but the truth eventually prevailed. He won! (even though that story didn’t make the headline grin)

If we continue to exhibit this type of character (pitching tribes against one another) every time something bad happen, it reveals insecurity disguised as patriotism.

We can handle this maturely instead of launching deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting other tribes or eliciting an angry response from thread users.

It speaks volume about who we are and what we stand for.

The truth is that the approach taken whether we admit it or not, has a meaning and a target. You are inherently saying, “This cause you’re pursuing is worthy of mockery.”

I’m speaking as a matured Nigerian and not a Nairaland warrior.

I love everyone!

_____

@davodyguy

Sir,

When it comes to how we respond to betrayal and assaults, our tactics can and will always vary. It may involve anger, humor, love, tolerance, blocking, or maybe even some productive discussion.

Nothing says you have to forgive your offender for hurting you especially when the behavior is a pattern. But sometimes a friendship is too important to let go. In this case, our co-existence as one big family grin
I know you go still enter Idumagbo next month to buy some materials.

Recognizing that you’re both human and that you’ve made mistakes too can be enough to help you move past it.

I’d appreciate if you can pacify the aggrieved here. I dey ground dey type this message o baba grin I’m not issuing an order.

Thank you sir!

______
Good morning all and have a great week ahead!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2020
Still on this? Thought this ended already.

There's a saying that ' Call a mad man a groom, so we can have our way '

I thought a mad man has been called a groom already since yesterday by some people here, but the road is still blocked. grin grin grin

Technically the road isn't blocked, the mad man just wish to be mad.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2020
multikolour:

Magami ward,
Jalingo Local Government
Taraba State.

Thank you

Roadblock will be better I think
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2020
Hello my people, I will want to plead with all aggrieved people on the thread to please sheath their swords, if not for anything else, for the season we are observing. This is supposed to be a season of rest, joy and merriment. For us to choose this very period to hurt each other with words is not appropriate. Please find it in your hearts to forgive and forget.

I have learnt a lot from this particular thread over the years, as a person who started commenting in the first page till now, I implore you all to exercise some restraints before saying some hurtful words because we are all here for each other. Thanks and continue to have a happy yuletide season.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2020
successmatters:

Imram roofing is an hausa/fulani company where the owner is a pure braggart who according to Google, has been stealing business on here from A yoruba man in the name of Johntemmy.

This is injustice to the north an I am reporting this to Aso rock for possible investigation and prosecution. The yoruba people don't have a right to practice their tribalism on this thread anymore.

Any attempted attempt to cheat any tribe in this place again will be stiffly rejected.
ImranRoofing not imram Roofing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2020
Frayo82:
Hello I'm looking at roofing a 3 bedroom bungalow in Ibeju lekki and seeking advise on wood prices and best roofing sheet to save cost please.
Whatsapp 08085310359

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1, Beframia, Tosdam(m), Billions123, topsy23 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.