Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443989 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
bixton:

Basically based on load diversification are you saying a 20 or 25KVA will not work optimally for the build.
Also what's the likely cost difference between a 27KVA and 25KVA on any good model.

At peak period when 80-90% of the loads are running 20KVA will not be able to carry the whole loads ..

I have price of caterpillar and JMG
caterpillar don't have 27KVA what they have is 22KVA and 33KVA

22KVA is 3.450m
33KVA is 4.560m
They are soundproof

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
taskcompleteng:
We have this drum in large quantity forsale

If anyone is interested.

Call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
topsy23:

At peak period when 80-90% of the loads are running 20KVA will not be able to carry the whole loads ..

I have price of caterpillar and JMG
caterpillar don't have 27KVA what they have is 22KVA and 33KVA

22KVA is 3.450m
33KVA is 4.560m
They are soundproof

Okay.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year to you all my friends, I want to use this opportunity to review our activities for the year ended 2020. It was a year filled with multiple uncertainties, from the Corona virus pandemic which disrupted our activities earlier in the year, brought lock downs and lock ins, to the end SARS protests, and later mass disturbances. This also affected our movement and time delivery of our projects.

2020 was marked with one of the highest inflation rates in the cost of building materials. However, we in this building organisation were able to weather the storm and still delivered on all our projects, both those on the construction stages and those on the finish stages. We were able to complete and hand over a building, and also start many new projects which are all ongoing as we speak.

We were only able to do this because you believed in our abilities, you gave us the chances to perform, you trusted our competence and even when things don't go according to plans, you worked with us to bring quick resolutions to issues. We say a bigger THANK YOU to you all. We pray that God will bless all of us, protect and guide us all through 2021 and beyond. If 2021 likes, let it come with bigger challenges than 2020, we know that our GOD will make our roads smooth and lead us to our expected goal. Thank you all once again for believing in us.

We worked on 13 buildings in 2020. We also delivered one completed building as fully completed, while working on the rest towards completion. Some of the projects we worked on in 2020 are in these links in the following posts below.

Follow this link to our annual report and pictures of the most notable jobs we did in 2020. Thanks for all your support. https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-annual-summary-page/3

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ikuku(m): 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
fiyin1200:
As seen on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWiA-3l5eY/?hl=en

Old Afro-Brazilian style building in Lagos Island renovated and repurposed as flats. A good alternative to demolition.

This is very impressive. In western countries, HISTORICAL BUILDINGS are protected by law. We need to start preserving all these beauties.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year to all nailand customers and friends i wish you all the best of this year 2021 may God grand all your wish Amen.

https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close

https:https://www.nairaland.com/5349601/pick-quality-wall-floor-tiles///2347087953771
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
Best wishes to us all.
As we pray, let's remember....
To think like an investor and not a CEO.
"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do....
Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do"

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year to everyone!

Please how good are galvanized pipes for the construction of a water tank stand? The welder is saying that 4 inches diameter pipes will be deployed.

The pictures below depict what we hope to achieve.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2021
sinorte:

Please how good are galvanized pipes for the construction of a water tank stand? The welder is saying that 4 inches diameter pipes will be deployed.

If he will get good galvanized pipe, I have a 24ft tank tower that's over 10 years old and it's a galvanized water tank stand.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
sinorte:

@ Michlins

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
n3xt:

If he will get good galvanized pipe, I have a 24ft tank tower that's over 10 years old and it's a galvanized water tank stand.

That must be a thick gauge, some of the ones in the markets now are so light.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
spyder880:

That mus be a thick gauge, some of the ones in the markets now are so light.

It’s very thick.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 11:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
You have been a great client to our Company ,on behalf of BIZTECH CONSULT .
We wish you a very happy new year with more good tidings.
May this year brings lots of happiness in your life. We are looking forward to serve you with better value added services.
Also on your patronage and recommendation
Thanks.
Happy New Year❤

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by masix11(m): 12:31am On Jan 02, 2021
Happy New Year House. This is a quote given by an electrician to draw light into a four bedroom duplex. Is this right?

(1) 84 meters 70mm line cable (2) 1 Low Tension electric pole (3) 20 meters recteline cable (4) 32 meters ORIGINAL COLEMAN armoured cable (5) 4 pieces shackle insulator (6) 4 pieces line tap (7) 1 ORIGINAL 3phase change over switch (cool 3 pieces 200A cut out fuse (9) 2 rolls of cellotap (10) 4 pieces of cable lock (11) 1 Earth rod
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesByTes(f): 12:37am On Jan 02, 2021
*IN THE SPIRIT OF THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS, WE HAVE THIS SPECIAL OFFER FOR YOU*

*AYHOMES & GARDENS* - A *Buy and Build* Estate sponsored by Ayhomes investment limited, perfectly situated at the center of the new Lagos, it is a 1min drive off the Lekki-Epe expressway.

*LOCATION* - IGANDO AREA, BEFORE ELEKO JUNCTION

*SIZE* :600sqm

*PRICE* - *Residential*: 7.5m
*Commercial*: 8.5m

*CROSSOVER PROMO*: 600sqm- 6m
300sqm- 3.5m

*TITLE* : GOVERNMENT ALLOCATION

*FACILITIES* :
Good road network
Drainage system
Recreational areas
Portable water
Electricity
Fenced and gated community

*LANDMARKS*:
Greenspring School
Coscharis Motors
Amen Estate
Eleko Beach
Beach estate
Pan African university
Dangote refinery
Free trade zone
Crescent university.
10mins from Shoprite sangotedo
25mins from VGC Ajah.

For inquiries and inspection, call/ text : +2348102007518

*OFFER VALID TILL THE 5TH OF JANUARY 2021*
*HAPPY NEW YEAR*

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:11am On Jan 02, 2021
sinorte:

sure it can work but I personally hate it. I prefer to err on the side of caution because you never can tell what would happen. After spending multiple millions building a house, you will risk it all because you're trying to save a couple of hundreds of thousands. Galvanized pipes usually bend and break. Just two months ago,a colleague was called by a home owner to come back and fix the one he has. Luckily it didn't hit the building or kill anyone.

@spyder80 thanks for the mention

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:13am On Jan 02, 2021
spyder880:

That mus be a thick gauge, some of the ones in the markets now are so light.
to get that same quality now is extremely rare and even when you manage to get something close to it, it's very expensive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:15am On Jan 02, 2021
Kobocity Updates

Many thanks to those who have signed up to the Kobocity forum. This post gives some details on what our user wanted and what we are working on.

I think online forum in Nigeria is a rich mass of crude oil that's only linearly blessing a few. By linearly blessing, I mean the information is only used in one dimension. This seems different. ~ Olumide, A.

I need a forum that’s:

I). Open to all.
II). Offers easily retrieveable data and information.
III). Has a robust fact checking and verification system.

~ Seyi, O.

The beta version of our new forum has been deployed on Friday, 1 January 2021. Please feel free to explore the features of kobocity.com as we are currently testing a list of features and have made few changes based on feedback.

We have now included:

- share button
- upvote and downvote button
- ignore button
- VIP and Pro-members can ban/unban regular members
- first post approval
- members ranking
- members can pick best answers

Note: We do not expect to maintain the beta site indefinitely, so the URLs and some of the test posts are not permanent.

Many thanks to mank1234, Wingnut007 and all other support crew members.

You inspire us to do more!

Kobocity Support Team

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:25am On Jan 02, 2021
Kobocity: Support Us

Donate | Becoming a Backer or Sponsor

Merchandise | Have Swag, Wear Swag

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 5:54am On Jan 02, 2021
n3xt:

Thank you

I may just insist on him getting very good galvanized pipes. I'm just so much concerned about getting an alternative stand made with some different materials.

Below is the quote the technician gave me if he's gonna use 'U beam'. How good is the quote please?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 5:59am On Jan 02, 2021
michlins:
sure it can work but I personally hate it. I prefer to err on the side of caution because you never can tell what would happen. After spending multiple millions building a house, you will risk it all because you're trying to save a couple of hundreds of thousands. Galvanized pipes usually bend and break. Just two months ago,a colleague was called by a home owner to come back and fix the one he has. Luckily it didn't hit the building or kill anyone.

@spyder80 thanks for the mention

Thank you.

Could you please help review the quote below for the use of 'U-beam'.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:24am On Jan 02, 2021
n3xt:

It’s very thick.

That’s the ticket.

It’s amazing how light some materials are in the market.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2021
sinorte:

Thank you.

Could you please help review the quote below for the use of 'U-beam'.
sir this is something I can not do. Review the quotation of another person job. He's the person working and knows what he needs. If you think it's too high, check another person and review.

Thanks for your understanding

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2021
michlins:
sir this is something I can not do. Review the quotation of another person job. He's the person working and knows what he needs. If you think it's too high, check another person and review.

Thanks for your understanding
I think you need to work on this principle. You did something similar to me when I asked to help me check the quotation I got for protectors.

Considering the fact that we are all here to help each other, I think if you see someone being ripped off, you should be able to say something.

Personally, I believe that workmen shouldn't get a penny from the materials that they quote. Include what ever gain you want to make in your workmanship.

It's for this same reason 2 roofers lost their contract with me. In addition to their workmanship, they inflated the measurement for the roof to include an extra 100k. They didn't expect me to go straight to the company and ask for an installer.

So, my brother. I think you should be able to review. There should be a charge for workmanship there. This guy should not be ripped off on materials as well. Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:39am On Jan 02, 2021
sinorte:

Thank you

I may just insist on him getting very good galvanized pipes. I'm just so much concerned about getting an alternative stand made with some different materials.

Below is the quote the technician gave me if he's gonna use 'U beam'. How good is the quote please?

Are you in Lagos? I can send you someone who’d do this for less onsite.

He’s the wizard behind all our steel fabrication projects at NextHome.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2021
/
I asked an electrician to do a minor job for me:
Quotation (Jan 2nd, 2021).

2 bundles of 20mm pipes (N21000 each): N42,000
1 pkt 20mm coupling. N1500
1 pkt 1 way box. N1500
1 tin of gum 1200

When did a bundle of 20mm plastic pipe reach N21,000? Brand: Niger pipe.

Cc Egunmogaji2, Spyder880, topsy23, n3xt

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2021
JustCryptos:

I think you need to work on this principle. You did something similar to me when I asked to help me check the quotation I got for protectors.

Considering the fact that we are all here to help each other, I think if you see someone being ripped off, you should be able to say something.

Personally, I believe that workmen shouldn't get a penny from the materials that they quote. Include what ever gain you want to make in your workmanship.

It's for this same reason 2 roofers lost their contract with me. In addition to their workmanship, they inflated the measurement for the roof to include an extra 100k. They didn't expect me to go straight to the company and ask for an installer.

So, my brother. I think you should be able to review. There should be a charge for workmanship there. This guy should not be ripped off on materials as well. Thanks.
why I can't review quotation is because location and price differs from place to place. There are discrepancies on the prices of materials I saw there but I am not buying these and don't understand the local market to be able to determine whether they're high or low.

Another thing is that when I give someone a quotation, I will tell you the total cost my labor inclusive. Asking for the individual number of materials is where you get ripped off.

You will agree with me that the price of materials at your location was far expensive from what is obtainable in my location that you even suggested that I source some of the materials for you from my end.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2021
michlins:
why I can't review quotation is because location and price differs from place to place. There are discrepancies on the prices of materials I saw there but I am not buying these and don't understand the local market to be able to determine whether they're high or low.

Another thing is that when I give someone a quotation, I will tell you the total cost my labor inclusive. Asking for the individual number of materials is where you get ripped off.

You will agree with me that the price of materials at your location was far expensive from what is obtainable in my location that you even suggested that I source some of the materials for you from my end.

I don’t understand this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2021
bixton:

Okay.
Thanks.

You are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

1 pkt 1 way box. N1500
1 tin of gum 1200

When did a bundle of 20mm plastic pipe reach N21,000?

/

The price is too high. The price of 20mm original DIGNITY pipe 7500 in the market presently.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

1 pkt 1 way box. N1500
1 tin of gum 1200

/

I’ve never paid that but it’s been a few months that I bought last.

I think I overheard someone buying a pipe for N750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

1 pkt 1 way box. N1500
1 tin of gum 1200

/

Niger pipes are very costly, a bundle costs N19,000 in December when I asked last. Other brands are selling for about N10,000 to N12,000. I bought 50 bundles last month because I fear a price hike soon. The one I bought is Vee Tec.

But, niger pipes are longer than most pipes, more flexible and doesn't depress under iron mat pressure. (Only when you are using it in a decking slab) if you are not using the pipes on a decking slab, go for cheaper options like dignity and others.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), twinskenny(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.