Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446515 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It depends.

In my situation the property tax on my 1,200 square foot $350,000 home in California was around $3,500/y.

In Texas the property tax on my 2,700 square feet $250,000 home was around $18,000/y.

Can I have that address in Texas with 18k property tax or few house away from that address
how can people pay that tax
250K house in Texas is a 450k to 500k in MI
About 17 year ago----I remember my sister got a three Livingroom and 6 bedroom new for less than 250k in Plano
why in MI I paid 263k for a smaller house that is over 20 year old house
In MI a 350k house tax can be close to 10k
Property taxes are base on Cities
Each cities determine their Property taxes

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Eluxuryhomes: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Three Bedroom Bungalow.
On Plot Of Land 35ft by 50ft.

Design Brief:

Mini Entrance Porch
Visitors Wc
Guest bedroom
Living Room
Mini Dining
Kitchen with mini exit sit out
Children Bedroom En-suite
Spacious Master bedroom with standing bath.

Design by: EP Design Consult
Email: eptouch74@gmail.com
Tel: 07035591621

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Where is your location?

Kindol:
Good afternoon.
Please I need link to any bricklaying job offer at any location.. I am competent enough to handle job assignments. WhatsApp
O8133027393 .. _[Kindol._
Thank
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Enyinne:
Hi Dave , how far with your goods ? All sorted ? Can u please share contact of the DB and switch seller in china so i can compare

My seller in CN is one of the best and I got the cheapest deal.

I would gladly share his contact with you.

He;s a young Chinese guy called Peace.

Send me a message via Nairaland and I can share more details with you.

I called my Agent in China this morning and he told me that he has cleared with the Nigerian custom, but he needs to pay demurrage. Hopefully by Friday all can be cleared. So he said and I am hoping it is so

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

In the USA we have what we call Escrow Services.

Escrow will never close on a property that has unsatisfied liens (except if part of the sales is to satisfy that lien), is a government land or the property doesn't belong to the seller.

One can buy land in the USA and just leave it for decades, nothing will happen except government eminent domain and they will compensate.

This is an excellent opportunity for someone in Nigeria.

PS: The escrow companies are licensed and insured and they own the risk of satisfying any oversight on their part.

This would be difficult in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
zanshi:

What is your take on Revolution Plus, any good?

I haven;t dealt with them.

But in all, do your due diligence. That what I do year in year out and go to court and prepare lots of court documents that has to do with Real Estate and Landed properties. Even if it Revolution Plus or Adron Homes, due diligence is all that matters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
davodyguy:

This would be difficult in Nigeria

I know a couple of them that does this. It’s not impossible.

Some escrow service providers in Nigeria. You can try it out with small transactions.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Stanbic Escrow

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Vesicash

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
MiddleTrust

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello builders,

Pls I need a technician that can service/repair basic construction machines like concrete mixers, poker vibrator etc.

I used to have one guy come in from Agege but lost his contact.

Thanks for your referrals.

Have you gotten someone for this? I have few guys that I use.

There’s also a guy at Ikota School. He’s pricey though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dam4sam: 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Dijita:

These experts from cisco and Microsoft (not SharePoint ) will still tell you that wired network is more secure than wireless network. I am not an expert in wireless technology but I hold a master degree in information systems with concentration in Network management and security

Fortunately, l am an expert, the same expert you are referring to, with over two decades of experience, with those Certifications and more, to boot and l work in the industry. I am not even going to delve into University .I.T Degrees at Post graduate level, because those are considered basic at my stage.
Need l say more?
Like l said, most people catch-up very, very late, when it comes to modern, cutting-edge technology.
Up till now, l still hear people express fear about 5G technology and how it will fry their balls, when some countries have already launched 6G! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kindol(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
From badagry Lagos... But can meet up in any location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

In the USA we have what we call Escrow Services.

Escrow will never close on a property that has unsatisfied liens (except if part of the sales is to satisfy that lien), is a government land or the property doesn't belong to the seller.

One can buy land in the USA and just leave it for decades, nothing will happen except government eminent domain and they will compensate.

This is an excellent opportunity for someone in Nigeria.

PS: The escrow companies are licensed and insured and they ownjavascript:void(0); the risk of satisfying any oversight on their part.
It is called Title companies in USA,. Canada and UK use Solicitors NOT "In the USA we have what we call Escrow Services."
Escrow is not a liens
Escrow are for unpaid bill like property tax, water bills eg
Titles companies are use to do closing for a house or land
The title companies do a search to ensure there are not liens
If there are liens title company ensure the liens is resolved before moving forward with the closing of the house or land
The Title companies insurance the Deed for any closing problem

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kindol(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
From badagry but can meet up in any location...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kindol(m): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
megacontrol:
Where is your location?

badagry but can meet up in any location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tuale!

Where is that iOS emoji of that dude giving salute when you need it?

dam4sam:

Fortunately, l am an expert, the same expert you are referring to, with over two decades of experience, with those Certifications and more, to boot and l work in the industry. I am not even going to delve into University .I.T Degrees at Post graduate level, because those are considered basic at my stage.
Need l say more?
Like l said, most people catch-up very, very late, when it comes to modern, cutting-edge technology.
Up till now, l still hear people express fear about 5G technology and how it will fry their balls, when some countries have already launched 6G! grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
GoodFaith:

It is called Title companies in USA and Canada and UK use Solicitors NOT "In the USA we have what we call Escrow Services."
Escrow is not a liens
Escrow are for unpaid bill like property tax, water bills eg
Titles companies are use to do closing for a house or land
The title companies do a search to ensure there are not liens
If there are liens title company ensure the liens is resolved before moving forward with the closing of the house or land
The Title companies insurance the the Deed for any closing problem
You are going to hold the title
Thank you, that why we should limit to individual location. Imagine paying that little for property of $350k, in same of the location with those values one pay $25k or more per year. I think some people no in many of these county the properties tax is used to pay district schools a lot of things in attach to property in this side of the world.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
Rangerover21:
Thanks for the prompt response
Do you have any agent around there contact?
No. Will help you find out. Chat me on WhatsApp or drop your contact sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
#NextHomeProjects

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
n3xt:

Bricks are very strong and durable.
Sure. I know of a guy in lag, he deals with brick. His enterprise is called millishield. You can contact him if you have brick related job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
uncleteeh:

Sure. I know of a guy in lag, he deals with brick. His enterprise is called millishield. You can contact him if you have brick related job.

Thanks bro. Is he on NL?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kindol(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
[Badagry lagis. but can meet up in any loation
[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
kopell:
Thank you, that why we should limit to individual location. Imagine paying that little for property of $350k, in same of the location with those values one pay $25k or more per year. I think some people in many of these county the properties tax is used to pay district schools a lot of things in attach to property in this side of the world.

Major thing about properties in the USA it all about ZIP CODE
It is like people in Ontario Canada are glad to tell you they paid 800k for the house
Property tax is very low
Why the so call 800k in house in Ontario is 190k house in lot of place in the USA is better than the 800k house
Anyway the builders are selling the basement too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindol:
From badagry Lagos... But can meet up in any location
That's the spirit bro.
Hustle go pay by God's grace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks bro. Is he on NL?
I not sure, I knew him on twitter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
uncleteeh:

I not sure, I knew him on twitter.

Ok thanks. I’ll comb Twitter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
He is on twitter and IG.

n3xt:

Thanks bro. Is he on NL?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kindol(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
uncleteeh:

That's the spirit bro.
Hustle go pay by God's grace.

Amen o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
Baba, I've sent you an sms. an sms reply will be much appreciated as my whatsapp is down for now.

Thanks for offering to help always.

n3xt:

Have you gotten someone for this? I have few guys that I use.

There’s also a guy at Ikota School. He’s pricey though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
GoodFaith:

Major thing about properties in the USA it all about ZIP CODE
It is like people in Ontario Canada are glad to tell you they paid 800k for the house
Property tax is very low
Why the so call 800k in house in Ontario is 190k house in lot of place in the USA is better than the 800k house
Anyway the builders are selling the basement too
Same in US when people same they buy mansion in some parts State of Texas $250k I laugh that amount can’t buy studio apartment in some parts of NYC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: erico2k2(m), KEVIND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.