Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391662 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
How about Ipaja sir?

n3xt:

Are you ready as in right now?

If yes, it can be delivered to you between 2900 - 3000 around sango otta area direct from a Lafarge distributor.

_________
Anyone in need of cement direct from Lafarge around Ijebu Ode/Sagamu/Ogijo can get in touch with me.

2900 excluding offloading fee (N50)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Hmmmm

Why don't they speak up instead of allowing people to fall into the trap of all these real estate guys

Well! In many cases, you won't know you're in trouble until you're very deep in the sh*t
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
n3xt:

Well! In many cases, you won't know you're in trouble until you're very deep in the sh*t

Thanks for saving some Folks sa

I was close to purchasing because I rarely see complaints about them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jojo247:
@ ZuraKing... still waiting for a response. Thanks!
I replied your email already with what u need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Thanks for saving some Folks sa

I was close to purchasing because I rarely see complaints about them

Do your due dilligence! Dont go and buy bush because someone placed a very big signboard with 3D models of some beautiful structures that's no one is going to build.

A lot of these estates have not even paid for the lands they're selling to you. Neither do they have approvals (it's not cheap to secure approvals for these type of projects). They're only waiting for your monies to pay the omo-oniles in tranches. I am telling you this as an insider in the business.
The stewpid omo oniles too will take advantage of the situation and start unnecessary dispute on the land to extort fund from the promoters of the estate and that's it...

It's a grand scheme that involves lawyers, surveyors and other realtors.

I can't do much talk.... I only know a lot of people have got their hands burnt and I know someone here who built in a popular estate yet his house was demolished last year. He made noise on social media... but that couldnt help.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
uncleteeh:

Haba, I didn't mean any harm. That wasn't negative either.

Thanks and respect.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
n3xt:

Do your due dilligence! Dont go and buy bush because some placed a very big signboard with 3D models of some beautiful structures that's no one is going to build.

A lot of these estates have not even paid for the lands they're selling to you. They're only waiting for your monies to pay the omo-oniles in tranches. I am telling you this as an insider in the business.
The stewpid omo oniles too will take advantage of the situation and start unnecessary dispute on the land to extort fund from the promoters of the estate and that's it...

I can't do much talk.... I only know a lot of people have got their hands burnt and I know someone here who built in a popular estate yet his house was demolished last year. He made noise on social media... but that couldnt help.
This is very bad

One will easily be deceived by the state of the arts Structure at the gates of these estates

It makes you wonder why some haven't started building on those lands yet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
n3xt:

Do your due dilligence! Dont go and buy bush because someone placed a very big signboard with 3D models of some beautiful structures that's no one is going to build.

A lot of these estates have not even paid for the lands they're selling to you. Neither do they have approvals (it's not cheap to secure approvals for these type of projects). They're only waiting for your monies to pay the omo-oniles in tranches. I am telling you this as an insider in the business.

So what can be done?

Come together in groups and buy a small parcel of land to build mini estates. That's how some super-rich Nigerians made their fortune. They invest in mini but very meaningful estates (maybe just 10 buildings with nice swimming pool and state-of-the-art facilities).

Only involve yourself in something you can fully control all the variables from the beginning to end and save yourself some stress of "family lawyer is handling it"

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
LastWeek1:

I actually just found someone who said he will do it for 2300 per sqm and also agreed on 3.6sqm per a bag of cement. I just hope he is not waiting on reducing the quality of it.etc

So, if am giving it to the 2300 guy. How do I monitor the quality of the job?
What are the do and don’t ?
And what are the moulding calculations?
Pls kindly give me the break down of the 350sqm area coverage, so I can monitor and instruct him on what I want.

Thank you

You cant afford to miss this. It's response to everything you asked for https://www.kobocity.com/d/74/14

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lawofeso: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
One4me:

Hope this helps.

It does thank you so much. As far as ongoing payment what is a reasonable rate to the property manager per tenant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by krak101(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jasobry:

Bros,not everyone like to buy ready made house. 13m for a bungalow is very possible. Me sef done dey reach that cost.
patiently looking forward to seeing your finished house. Might be the motivation ave been waiting for all along �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:49am On Jan 13, 2021
krak101:
patiently looking forward to seeing your finished house. Might be the motivation ave been waiting for all along �

My house na Kobo Kobo, Abi make i say Penny penny

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2021
Goodnews!!!

Further crash in cement price to #2700

We’ve not gotten though but it’s from a legit source.

Follow this thread for further updates https://www.kobocity.com/d/73-get-n2900-cement-from-lafarge/8

________
If you’re planning to buy large quantity, just hold on a bit till weekend.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:14am On Jan 13, 2021
kobocity:
Goodnews!!!

Follow this thread for further updates https://www.kobocity.com/d/73-get-n2900-cement-from-lafarge/8

________
This news is very good.
I think the price may still go down before end of January!
The Federal government is ontop of the situation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2021
Good morning here

The Quantity Surveyor is greeting you all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2021
/
N3xt
Spyder880
Egunmogaji2
Zuraking

What is Range plastering? I am not familiar with the term.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2021
kobocity:
Goodnews!!!

________
me go wait till JUNE grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
N3xt
Spyder880
Egunmogaji2
Zuraking

/

A range, when used in building construction terms is a piece of iron bar or hollow square pipe used to flatten an area of plastering work, like a space of wall to maintain a uniform level of plastering or screeding.

When they mention range plastering, it means the type of plastering that a hollow square pipe is used to finish the level. This is usually a better quality plastering since all the surface will maintain a uniform level. There are however plastering works which are done without this ranging tools, the workers just plaster and use what we in the field call "eye gauge" to determine if the surface is level.

Workers may demand more money for range plastering as against other types of plastering works.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2021
spyder880:

A range, when used in building construction terms is a piece of iron bar or hollow square pipe used to flatten an area of plastering work, like a space of wall to maintain a uniform level of plastering or screeding.

When they mention range plastering, it means the type of plastering that a hollow square pipe is used to finish the level. This is usually a better quality plastering since all the surface will maintain a uniform level. There are however plastering works which are done without this ranging tools, the workers just plaster and use what we in the field call "eye gauge" to determine if the surface is level.

Workers may demand more money for range plastering as against other types of plastering works.
/
Thanks.

I appreciate.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biddyma: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2021
Flash sales!!! Good morning. A friend of mine has these doors for sale, and 3 bathtubs. If interested kindly call/sms 08179593677.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2021
Good morning all my boss in the house!
Aluminium Casement window with burglary or without
All kinds of aluminium
Call or whatsApp :08069609983
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2021
zuraking:
lol. We all know most house builder na Kobo kobo people. If the money dey, we go carry money buy house for good location. How will someone be telling me I will spend 13m building an average 3 bedroom bungalow. shocked

Ideally it pays to build to taste, but the terrain in Nigeria is discouraging. Start building and see different LASG agencies that you never know exist visit your site for documentations, couple with Omo Onile, area boys etc

When you build, you can be rest assured of comfort, compared with what a profit minded developer would do, just to make his return.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2021
kobocity:
Goodnews!!!

________

This is good news. I've been waiting for this before i contact rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
spyder880:

Please just our of curiosity......
How is " Guage Plastering different from Range Plastering and what is the purpose of the range tool in the guaged plastered wall?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
One of the reasons is their service charge(infrastructure charge development charge) and all of that rubbish they don't tell u before u make payment.. In adron estate, u can't build and stop.. U must build from foundation to finishing at a stretch! I had already bought the land before i saw that nonsense rule! So i just abandoned the land and got another one. Just know if u buy land from adron at 2m..the other hidden charges will almost double ur 2m. Before u can lay a block on ur own land
Nezzjnr:

This is very bad

One will easily be deceived by the state of the arts Structure at the gates of these estates

It makes you wonder why some haven't started building on those lands yet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

Let’s settle this grin

Pick one. All na house

Number three is not average finishing in my book.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Hmmmm

Why don't they speak up instead of allowing people to fall into the trap of all these real estate guys

Some years back on here, armed robbers were posing as clients on here and tricking builders to the East to rob them.

No one said anything till much much later.

On this same thread o sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

So what can be done?

Come together in groups and buy a small parcel of land to build mini estates. That's how some super-rich Nigerians made their fortune. They invest in mini but very meaningful estates (maybe just 10 buildings with nice swimming pool and state-of-the-art facilities).

Only involve yourself in something you can fully control all the variables from the beginning to end and save yourself some stress of "family lawyer is handling it"

I’m laughing with you in Swahili my brother grin

I’m very much ahead on my micro estate than the giant estate developer next door. They’re even using my materials to promote cool

In the USA you’ll have phase 1, 2, etc Developers won’t open phase 2 for sale until phase one is fully completed. But in Nigeria they’ll open 100 acres for sale, no road, no infrastructure.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
kobocity:
Goodnews!!!

________

I’m not buying any cement until mid February grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
N3xt
Spyder880
Egunmogaji2
Zuraking

/

Oga Spyder has answered.

My range level must have been done by blind artisans embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
BiigTee:
One of the reasons is their service charge(infrastructure charge development charge) and all of that rubbish they don't tell u before u make payment.. In adron estate, u can't build and stop.. U must build from foundation to finishing at a stretch! I had already bought the land before i saw that nonsense rule! So i just abandoned the land and got another one. Just know if u buy land from adron at 2m..the other hidden charges will almost double ur 2m. Before u can lay a block on ur own land

Potential land buyers, please pay attention to this because it’s true.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m laughing with you in Swahili my brother grin

I’m very much ahead on my micro estate than the giant estate developer next door. They’re even using my materials to promote cool

In the USA you’ll have phase 1, 2, etc Developers won’t open phase 2 for sale until phase one is fully completed. But in Nigeria they’ll open 100 acres for sale, no road, no infrastructure.

I really wish we engage these guys parading themselves as realtors in intellectual debates on reputable platforms. I can assure you sir a lot of them will run.

The installmental payment arrangement is to trick unsuspecting buyers to commit.

I learnt this trade from the best of the best and they only do mini estates, upscale developments, condominiums and MTUs - and not all those mushroom estates with gigantic gates and few houses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KEVIND, Loftus(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.