Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396242 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
kopell:
The receipt thing is individual choice, you choose to make payment to right or settled individual that may not help at the end of the day
Lagos wahala
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
nnadychuks:
it's not hard to get someone who fixes concord pvc design. If youre around Delta axis I'd have given you expert engineers, or I'll even fix it myself. The logging is the important aspect in these kind of designs.
The displayed Pvc ceiling tiles per bundle;
1)Dimension: 8 square meters
price: 14,000
2) special order...
dimension: 10 square meters
Price: 17,000

Where in Delta are you located??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
dkizzy01:
For your Supply of Granite, Sharp Sand, Cement, Iron Rod, etc.

Payment Terms: payment on delivery

Kindly contact
Tadop Global Services LTD.

2, Uche Ext, Onasa Bus stop, Ibeju Lekki Lagos.
Tel: 09071377030, 07019901015
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Does building in an Estate stop government agencies from coming for such practices?

Does it also stop omo Nile?

They don’t visit ALL estate. Estates too get level grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 6:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
taskcompleteng:
Toks 30Tons Howo Truck forsale

Location. Ibeju-lekki

Price: 19m

Call 07061960316

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 6:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
taskcompleteng:
2 plot of land at back of Shoprite monastery road lekki Ajah

Title.Global CofO

Asking 16m each

Also available same location.

5BR uncompleted buildings on a full plot

going for 30m

Title.Global CofO

For inspection and further enquiries
Call 07061960316
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
I hope I am safe sha? grin grin grin

Anyways I actually did DD before paying for the ones I got so far.
n3xt:

They don’t visit ALL estate. Estates too get level grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sure, if you do not know or visit their office, no need paying o IMHO

And you cant be a serious RE and not have a permanent site as office.

EgunMogaji2:

I’ll never buy from them do I don’t know what their firm looks like but the internet is littered with complaints about stuff like that.

So for me where there’s smoke then there’s fire.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Papertrail11:
I want to commence with my building project and I want a 3bedroom house. How much would it cost to erect something like this, a roofless house of course.

Good day, let me also add my 3bedroom comfortable design to ur gallery and u are free to contact me for more details.

Zero 81 three 67 four 12 three 8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolajinoni1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
We are professional surveyor Call us for ur land and civil engineering survey anywhere in Nigeria.

Surveying or land surveying is the technique, profession, art and science of determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional positions of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called a land surveyor. These points are usually on the surface of the Earth, and they are often used to establish maps and boundaries for ownership, locations, such as building corners or the surface location of subsurface features, or other purposes required by government or civil law, such as property sales.
Surveying also includes the technique of establishing points by predetermined angular and linear measurements. From the plans, sections, and maps prepared by surveying, the area and volume of a particular plot of land can be calculated. A map represents the horizontal projection of the area surveyed and not the actual area. But the vertical distance can be represented more correctly by drawing sections.

During a survey, we use various tools to do our job successfully and accurately, such as total stations, GPS receivers, prisms, 3D scanners, radio communicators, digital levels, dumpy level and surveying software etc

Surv. Righteous place concepts
Suite 1 elegbede, alausa market,
Opp, connect hotel Abeokuta/ Lagos Exp. Rd,
Ijako Sango otta ogun state.
Call or Whatsapp: 08137651008 or 09053010009
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:
I hope I am safe sha? grin grin grin

Anyways I actually did DD before paying for the ones I got so far.

cheesy grin

Estates get level!!! I’ve worked in an estate that it took us almost 1 year, 3 architects (first class architects) to obtain authority to build.

None of the Lagos State Building Agencies visit that estate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Does building in an Estate stop government agencies from coming for such practices?

Does it also stop omo Nile?
Let me answer in parts.

1. So far the land is within the geographical location of Lagos State, MPP&UD will visit your site to demand for building approval. Even in GRA Ogudu, MAGODO, Lekki Phase 1, VGC etc.

2. There are some estates that no ọmọ onílè dare enter. Eg Lekki Phase 1, VGC, Ogudu GRA, Northern Foreshore, Carlton Gate, Parkview, Banana Island.

But all those CDAs that call themselves estates, Omo onile will enter to collect Foundation Money, roofing, decking etc at anytime
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
BiigTee:
One of the reasons is their service charge(infrastructure charge development charge) and all of that rubbish they don't tell u before u make payment.. In adron estate, u can't build and stop.. U must build from foundation to finishing at a stretch! I had already bought the land before i saw that nonsense rule! So i just abandoned the land and got another one. Just know if u buy land from adron at 2m..the other hidden charges will almost double ur 2m. Before u can lay a block on ur own land

Chai.

See condition
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

cheesy grin

Estates get level!!! I’ve worked in an estate that it took us almost 1 year, 3 architects (first class architects) to obtain authority to build.

None of the Lagos State Building Agencies visit that estate.

Oga o

Approved Excision means you can build shey?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
davodyguy:

Let me answer in parts.

1. So far the land is within the geographical location of Lagos State, MPP&UD will visit your site to demand for building approval. Even in GRA Ogudu, MAGODO, Lekki Phase 1, VGC etc.

2. There are some estates that no ọmọ onílè dare enter. Eg Lekki Phase 1, VGC, Ogudu GRA, Northern Foreshore, Carlton Gate, Parkview, Banana Island.

But all those CDAs that call themselves estates, Omo onile will enter to collect Foundation Money, roofing, decking etc at anytime

Is it by the name of the estate or the company behind the name?

Lets say Gracias group
Revolutionplus
Adron homes
Silver pacific
or landmark. omo Nile will enter the estates owned by these guys to disturb them too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Oga o

Yes... if truly approved but excision is not a joke and very expensive project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
ladyteeks:
Happy New Year!

Please, how much is the average fee for Engineer's SITE SUPERVISION ONLY?

Construction stage - ground floor blockwork to lintel only
Duration- two weeks
Location- Ikorodu
Project- 4 bedroom Duplex + 2 bedroom flat AND BQ

An engineer quoted me 500k, I believe that is too high.

I think it's best you bargain with him slightly. Except you have doubts about his capacity and capability.

There's always someone to take a less amount but the output is what matters. Some buildings form work/walls are so unsightly that it's only at the plastering stage that the non-sense work is hidden if at all it can be hidden.

Is the engineer not the same person who used for the substructure(foundation level)?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Is it by the name of the estate or the company behind the name?

Lets say Gracias group
Revolutionplus
Adron homes
Silver pacific
or landmark. omo Nile will enter the estates owned by these guys to disturb them too?

The estates cited above are luxurious ones where a plot of land can cost as much as ₦100m.

I have no idea of what operates in private real estate companies' estate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Oga o

There's nothing like 'approved excision' signifying authorization to build.

There's just one agency in Lagos State empowered by the Urban and Regional Planning Law 2010 of Lagos State signed by Fashola to grant approval. That agency is called Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA) and this agency is under the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development (MPP&UD)

Land Excision is different from Building approval or Development Permit

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
I want to inform the house that I have been mobilized by omonjoe to start his gate and rails. Kindly join me as we start the job tomorrow. ...

https://www.nairaland.com/4088969/classy-iron-works/2

Good evening everyone

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Please where in Benin. I saw for N3000:00 in Benin but refused to buy
soonest:

I bought 2800 today in Benin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

Don’t scare people sir!
Scare ke, there are may places where 1.5m can build one moderate 2 bedrooms bungalow. In Lagos you no better, from land fees, building permits, towns planning fee, building approval, safety, soil test depending on location etc. So tell me all those fees when you do right, are the not more then 1.5m? Tax a lone to get approval is average of 200k or more, when you’re not regular tax payers in the state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ebukamatth(m): 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Good evening
If you ever Need help with house wiring, Contact me. I'm here to serve you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
davodyguy:

There's nothing like 'approved excision' signifying authorization to build.

There's just one agency in Lagos State empowered by the Urban and Regional Planning Law 2010 of Lagos State signed by Fashola to grant approval. That agency is called Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA) and this agency is under the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development (MPP&UD)

Land Excision is different from Building approval or Development Permit

I think it’s fair to try to understand the message is trying to pass across.

Land excision and building approval aren’t the same but you definitely won’t get an approval to build on an “Excision in Process” land even though omo-onile can trick unsuspecting buyer to buy such land.

The biggest scam today that real estate marketers, promoters, agents and companies use to hoodwink buyers is “Excision in Process” and that they already have file number blah blah.

I think every information is important.

@somehow how did you come about “Approved Excision”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ebukamatth(m): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Good evening
If you need help with your house wiring just let me know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
kopell:
Scare ke, there are may places where 1.5m can build one moderate 2 bedrooms bungalow. In Lagos you no better, from land fees, building permits, towns planning fee, building approval, safety, soil test depending on location etc. So tell me all those fees when you do right, are the not more then 1.5m? Tax a lone to get approval is average of 200k or more, when you’re not regular tax payers in the state.

The amount we use to settle in some part of Lagos will conveniently build a standard duplex in some states.

To confirm, kindly ask how much it’ll take to get approval for a building in Ikeja GRA grin
A lot of people will be shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

The amount we use to settle in some part of Lagos will conveniently build a standard duplex in some states.

To confirm, kindly ask how much it’ll take to get approval for a building in Ikeja GRA grin
A lot of people will be shocked shocked
I am surprised when you say I want to scared � people oooo, let put facts out to people to be ready so they won’t get choked in the middle of the process. Let us no the amount so I won’t think is regular if I get cheap land around that area oooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
No, the Engineer I used started to inflate prices and materials so I couldn't trust him again.

bixton:

I think it's best you bargain with him slightly. Except you have doubts about his capacity and capability.

There's always someone to take a less amount but the output is what matters. Some buildings form work/walls are so unsightly that it's only at the plastering stage that the non-sense work is hidden if at all it can be hidden.

Is the engineer not the same person who used for the substructure(foundation level)?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
somehow:

Oga o

Hahaha this is not funny ooo, brother you need to attend this class regularly to learn many things ooo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
n3xt:

I think it’s fair to try to understand the message is trying to pass across.

Land excision and building approval aren’t the same but you definitely won’t get an approval to build on an “Excision in Process” land even though omo-onile can trick unsuspecting buyer to buy such land.

The biggest scam today that real estate marketers, promoters, agents and companies use to hoodwink buyers is “Excision in Process” and that they already have file number blah blah.

I think every information is important.

@somehow how did you come about “Approved Excision”
In Lagos State and this has been for sometime now. Whether you have a Certificate of Occupancy, 'Excision' a registered Deed of Assignment, an unregistered deed etc, you can can still get approval to build, but that approval would be regarded as provisional, meaning we're granting you this approval to build on 'your land' pending when you authenticate your title, upon which we would then remove provisional from you approval.

Here's it, Fashola liberalized a lot of things just to make life easy for developers. Under Tinubu, no Approval would be granted for you to build without producing registered document to certify ownership.

As an Estate Management student, years ago we're taught the doctrine of Quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit

The doctrine simply means he that owns the land owns everything under or above it.

If anyone decides to wrestle my land from me and goes ahead to start development, I don't need to fight him physically. Under this Doctrine, I'll sue him to court for trespassing and if the case is decided in my favor, both the land and any development thereon would belong to me.

The above is just an aside which we use when we go to court, but all we've been saying which you and I agree with is that, titles/ root of titles must be properly investigated before buying. Yes, the word 'excision' and ratification has been bastardized by illiterates these days and use it to defraud unsuspecting people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
ladyteeks:
Happy New Year!

Please, how much is the average fee for Engineer's SITE SUPERVISION ONLY?

Construction stage - ground floor blockwork to lintel only
Duration- two weeks
Location- Ikorodu
Project- 4 bedroom Duplex + 2 bedroom flat AND BQ

An engineer quoted me 500k, I believe that is too high.

I think 300k is fair enough for this scope of work in Ikorodu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dkizzy01: 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
dkizzy01:
For your Supply of Granite, Sharp Sand, Cement, Iron Rod, etc.

Payment Terms: payment on delivery

Kindly contact
Tadop Global Services LTD.

2, Uche Ext, Onasa Bus stop, Ibeju Lekki Lagos.
Tel: 09071377030, 07019901015

(1) (2) (3) ... (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m), twinskenny(m), ArcToyin(m), agoro2u, MrOkenwa(m), Burchester and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.