Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442633 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) (2060) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:26am On Mar 18, 2021
akeme1:
Please what is the price of filling sand, Location Ajah

#co-asking

I got 60k for china truck. shocked I want lower.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2021
Good morning... we are available for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Xmen149(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2021
Bosses

Please can anyone here help me review this design. And if found positive what are the possible number of blocks that can be used.

Thanks all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:33am On Mar 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
@micgray100 while I agree with most of your points! Let's clear this wink

If I were to build a glass shop in Ikorodu! I definitely wouldn't use a breakable glass that can be vandalized! cool grin

@micgray100
Forget being a professional Marketer
You can't be a Professional & you don't know to engage your clients, like you said “your relationship with clients is worst” isn't that awkward?

Well on the other hand «Jobs can actually find you, if your previous job is exceptional & very neat» ! But Most Times hunting for job is the way! (Through Ads, connection & other necessary means)

Finally love that your quote about @n3xt “More than a trained Marketer' he knows how to have positive discussions with his clients!” Perhaps the reason his clients will chose him over & over again! In this Modern Age 'Effective communication & Positive Engagements is Imperative!

Well, what do I know! After all Am Just a LEARNER. grin

SALAM

@ hamtabfawaz

The price of hammerglass won't allow a retail cement seller even think of building such in IKORODU road about.. the price of the hammerglass that will surround the shop is more than the cement stored inside..

Note.. Hammerglass are types of glass used at most entry of banks that rolls out..

The second issue of Proffessionals should also be a good marketer... You know better bro... Proffessionals won't compromise with client to loose their proffessional licence.. proffessional will always tell client the number of stories a foundation can carry.. But the trained marketer would even add more stories to such structure to maximise profit.. just an example..

The general truth is that... Real professionals decline to do small projects like Residential houses because of competition with them baba Latis... they involve themselves with big projects where them baba Latis won't even think to go near...

In conclusion.. I am a trained Proffessional with my B.Eng and Msc in civil engineering and structural engineering respectively.. I am NSE and Coren Certified. I am a Federal Civil Servant in one of the KEY ministries in Nigeria.. I do side hustle too online.. like company formation, general goods movement North-South axis... With the above Vast experience as a proffessional,
My ascertion is that.. Minimalistic building Design Should not be encourage in Nigeria for now as a developing nation..

@ Next... I appreciate your understanding... you are a contractor... I will prefer you maintain running your market in the building industries.. if minimal design is giving to you to construct.. it is your luck...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2021
Good morning, call or whatsapp for your own project aluminium window with burglary or without
Affordable price
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2021
In 2014, a contemporary lover approached NextHome to remodel some old shops into something modern that’ll also attract higher returns.

As a baba lati who’s always looking at giving value on every project, I designed a floor-to-ceiling glass shops for the client. The rental rate went up astronomically grin grin

It’s 6 years after this project has been executed in the Nigeria that is still developing. The shops has never been vacant for once and I’m 100% confident the client would have recouped his investment within the first 3 years.

Lastly, I’ve not heard reports of break-ins.

#1847Build #insidenaija

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2021
[quote author=OnMyHonor post=99972243]

God bless you Sir.
Please, is the stated Price of the Cables with respect to 1Meter? Like One Meter of HT Cable 1500mm - #1,100 ?
And do you gave a reliable contact for sourcing the Poles and cable around Lagos?
About five units of Electric Poles needed.[/quote

The price of cable is per meter. ]

Contact of pole seller 08033288017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2021
OnMyHonor:

God bless you Sir.
Please, is the stated Price of the Cables with respect to 1Meter? Like One Meter of HT Cable 1500mm - #1,100 ?
And do you gave a reliable contact for sourcing the Poles and cable around Lagos?
About five units of Electric Poles needed.

The price of cable is per meter.

Contact of pole seller 08033288017

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:40am On Mar 18, 2021
Fourth Live Class of the Sustainable Interior Design Week

You will learn the main paths for your sustainable career that may be on projects, consulting, or even education.

We will explore:

- All Green Careers Available Today
- The Best Careers All Over The World
- How You Can Get These Opportunities
- Our Sustainable Career Roadmap

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2021
topsy23:
The price of cable is per meter. ]

Contact of pole seller 0803328801

Thank you Sir.
God bless you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LaraEdwards(f): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hello here, a 30 tonnes truck is urgently needed for hire to convey cement from Lagos to Sapele, Delta state.

Please note: The truck will be inspected for screening before loading as HSE will verify the truck. So the truck has to be in good condition.

Do send a PM for negotiations and further discussion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gshun: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good day house, please what is the reasonable range to pay a builder for construction of fence and plastering of a half plot of land.
Someone is requesting 450k for block setting and plastering alone, please help with a reasonable amount for this workmanship.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timberwolves(m): 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
Gshun:
Good day house, please what is the reasonable range to pay a builder for construction of fence and plastering of a half plot of land.
Someone is requesting 450k for block setting and plastering alone, please help with a reasonable amount for this workmanship.

You need to give clearer picture of the work to be done, what's the size of the area to be plastered? and also length of the fence
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chioma1989: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hello people, are these materials okay for a three bedroom small duplex?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Chioma1989:

two 10mm wire for what?
1.5mm 11
2.5mm 11
a lot of wires
If I was you I will be present for the wiring
check ceiling to make sure they didn't hid wire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
Chioma1989:

Can you send me the drawings and the quote to my whatsapp 08033643191
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
GoodFaith:

two 10mm wire for what?
1.5mm 11
2.5mm 11
a lot of wires
If I was you I will be present for the wiring
check ceiling to make sure they didn't hid wire

Lol this your reply nawaoo boss

You can’t just determine number of item needed without seen a drawing or a physical visit to the site..

Like the 10mm you are not sure of the distance between dp and the change over switch... or you don’t know whether it’s 3 phase connection or single phase
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2021
Chioma1989:

Get another estimate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 1:54am On Mar 19, 2021
n3xt:
In 2014, a contemporary lover approached NextHome to remodel some old shops into something modern that’ll also attract higher returns.

As a baba lati who’s always looking at giving value on every project, I designed a floor-to-ceiling glass shops for the client. The rental rate went up astronomically grin grin

It’s 6 years after this project has been executed in the Nigeria that is still developing. The shops has never been vacant for once and I’m 100% confident the client would have recouped his investment within the first 3 years.

Lastly, I’ve not heard reports of break-ins.

#1847Build #insidenaija

At the bold... Have you been going there for the past 6 years to monitor crime at the site?

We don't need glass house bungalows or shops in Nigeria yet, even in the US where 911 call is very effective, glass shops are shattered during any unrest not to talk of Nigeria that doesn't have police. What we need here is iron gates, burglary and protected ceilings.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mosefin19(m): 3:05am On Mar 19, 2021
Pls house I got a land half plot... 30X100 so I wanna start d foundation soon for 3bedroom bungalow.... pls what d reasonable price to budget for the foundation alone..... bcuz I go almost 900k already and heard that should reach the roofing level is it possible pls

Is a dry land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Nero2424:

At the bold... Have you been going there for the past 6 years to monitor crime at the site?

We don't need glass house bungalows or shops in Nigeria yet, even in the US where 911 call is very effective, glass shops are shattered during any unrest not to talk of Nigeria that doesn't have police. What we need here is iron gates, burglary and protected ceilings.

The shops were built on the road I drive daily.

How many of those civil unrest have we had in Nigeria in the past one decade?

I’ve not at any point here proposed an all glass shop. Having a large window on shops is almost the same as having a curtain wall in a duplex. You need to do all you can to protect yourself.

Until recently, we’ve all believed we need prison walls to secure us in Nigeria but today most people are doing dwarf and see-through fences.

In Nigeria, we know and understand that there’s always a problem for every solution.

What happened to having the glass properly secured with a roller shutter?
_______

Pic 1 - Glass Window at NextHome H52, 2014
Pic 2 - Glass Display Wall at Ikota Shopping Plaza, Lagos. There are several shops in this plaza but no heavily reinforced iron gates.
Pic 3 - Inside NextHome H52. Using glass to create volume
Pic 4 - NextHome20 Modern Studio - Design Inspiration. I don buy glass and I no fit return am grin grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oodua25: 3:12am On Mar 19, 2021
Engineers on this site, can someone advise what type of glass window I will need for the long window to the left please?
Do this type of large windows require special types of unbreakable glass or is it a normal 5mm glass with burglar proof?
Please see attached image of my project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:17am On Mar 19, 2021
Oodua25:
Engineers on this site, can someone advise what type of glass window I will need for the long window to the left please?
Do this type of large windows require special types of unbreakable glass or is it a normal 5mm glass with burglar proof?
Please see attached image of my project

Even though NIGERIA does not have police, a normal 5mm glass with wrought iron metal protector will do this. This has worked for almost 99.999% of duplexes in Nigeria.

This is coming from an unlicensed baba lati builder. Typical examples are shared below.

______

Let’s hear from the Pro Max.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:35am On Mar 19, 2021
NextHome H52 - Drab to Fab 2014

I know most people living in an unsecured Nigeria will pick Pic 1.

I have nothing to fear or worry about so a transparent wall with a simple slat iron protector has always worked for me.
No break-in recorded in the multi-million naira office.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:49am On Mar 19, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

We’re ready to pour.

______

Preparations for the superstructure has begun.

- Sandcrete block production ongoing (most affordable pricing)
- Preparation of Column extensions underway

More updates on this build here: https://www.kobocity.com/d/157-construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium-house-by-nexthome/51

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:59am On Mar 19, 2021
mosefin19:
Pls house I got a land half plot... 30X100 so I wanna start d foundation soon for 3bedroom bungalow.... pls what d reasonable price to budget for the foundation alone..... bcuz I go almost 900k already and heard that should reach the roofing level is it possible pls

Is a dry land

You’re not doing German floor abi?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:58am On Mar 19, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SolarConsultant: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2021
Good morning Thread, it’s such an amazing time getting to learn a lot on this platform, this is to me more like a request to help in educating us about building roofs for the future of energy

Having been in the trenches of energy production from the sun, and by consistent study on the types of roof people use, I have actually observed they didn’t build with sun energy in mind, because of the slope, slants, geo-coordinates facing, and we should know well that the nearest future of energy generation for buildings is a sole or personal power generation, and the more we are critical about building to get the best energy from the sun the better and cheaper for every building or home, this is why most people spend a lot more than their friends, just because of no future mindedness of their roof as against generation of power from the sun.

I intended to help educate us on how to make the best out of roof styles and choices, before completing our buildings. This is really key, because generating power from the sun requires space, and most buildings don’t have ground space enough to cater for that, all they have is their roof, so why not take this as critical

Can I go ahead with this for the next few days, with detailed information and instructions before roofing buildings to make the best efficient use of it

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2021
SolarConsultant:
Good morning Thread, it’s such an amazing time getting to learn a lot on this platform, this is to me more like a request to help in educating us about building roofs for the future of energy

Having been in the trenches of energy production from the sun, and by consistent study on the types of roof people use, I have actually observed they didn’t build with sun energy in mind, because of the slope, slants, geo-coordinates facing, and we should know well that the nearest future of energy generation for buildings is a sole or personal power generation, and the more we are critical about building to get the best energy from the sun the better and cheaper for every building or home, this is why most people spend a lot more than their friends, just because of no future mindedness of their roof as against generation of power from the sun.

I intended to help educate us on how to make the best out of roof styles and choices, before completing our buildings. This is really key, because generating power from the sun requires space, and most buildings don’t have ground space enough to cater for that, all they have is their roof, so why not take this as critical

Can I go ahead with this for the next few days, with detailed information and instructions before roofing buildings to make the best efficient use of it

I’ll like to take a seat in the front row in this class.

There’s a special gift (recognition and a value poster award) for you if you can also do this on kobocity.com

#sustainablebuilding #thermalefficiency

(1) (2) (3) ... (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) (2060) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell, oote and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.