Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4432166 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 5:34am On Mar 17, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Haba, he wrote this nau

“I’d do it in critical areas though cos of the high price tag.”

We discussed this many moons ago on this thread.

Egun..
i saw what he wrote, which i said i am happy about.. he brought out the issue of hammerglass.. which he mention is used in CRITICAL AREAS... AND NOT REDENRING.... Because of high cost..

My problem with Oga next... is ... why specify such for rendering in Nigeria ... when even western word used normal tappered glasses..

I REST MY CASE ON THIS ISSUE....
OGA NEXT.... let us continue our class on new contemporary designs.. we learning .... you know i am your number 1 serious student that love to ask questions... i bring in the old Structural Engineers Perspectives to class.... we learn everyday..

the funny thing here is that ... i know some of my lecturers in school during my MSC structures days prefer to do things in the old ways... they want you to know the basics...like use your hands to draw out structural drawings that will take days when computer softwares can produce same in seconds..
Adaptation is key... but let us adopt the ones suitable for us as Nigerians taking all that is happening to us currently..

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DassaM: 5:41am On Mar 17, 2021
For you potential customers that are still in doubt, I can assure you that Imran Roofing is � legit and trusted. You don't need to go to his office(but if you're scared you can but I can assure you'll regret going there), just call him (08085310359) and give him your site address. He'll send his men down without you paying a kobo to measure and give you the quotation for free. What else do you expect from a reputable organization like Imran Roofing.

Back to my project, I told him what I wanted, made the payment on Monday, he started production immediately and on Tuesday they (6 installers) are already at the site with all materials to start the job at the site as early as 6:45am and at about3pm they're done.

Thanks so much Imran Roofing, I'm so so grateful for a job well done.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 5:51am On Mar 17, 2021
How much is a bag of cement in your location Preferably Benin city
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:52am On Mar 17, 2021
micgray100:

Egun..
i saw what he wrote, which i said i am happy about.. he brought out the issue of hammerglass.. which he mention is used in CRITICAL AREAS... AND NOT REDENRING.... Because of high cost..

My problem with Oga next... is ... why specify such for rendering in Nigeria ... when even western word used normal tappered glasses..

I REST MY CASE ON THIS ISSUE....

Okay I get you.

Most homes will do normal rendering still.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:57am On Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for replying. Got it
davodyguy:

Replied you just now.

No vex, I've been busy at work and doing finishing works.

All the items imported for house finishing works arrived last Wednesday. So I have 14 days to finish and move
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:59am On Mar 17, 2021
micgray100:

It’s because I’m an advanced baba lati grin grin who work for high profile clients. So I give my clients what they want and not the traditions.

Now you see that we association of baba latis are not stealing your jobs.
You can’t work for my type of clients regardless of how many titles and certificates you hold if you can’t make their dreams come into reality at the most affordable price.

But you can work for megacontrol (runs away from thread) and my redcap frenemy grin

No pun intended. Bros na joke I dey joke o. Make you no go Ijebu for me o.

________

I was at a conference some few years ago in Intercontinental Lagos and some young fresh undergrads representing Brolls were sitting next to me.
While Afolabi Imoukhuede was thrilling the audience with his presentation, the young lads were amazed.

I told them “In this industry, you need vast experience to become an industry leader.”

Imoukhuede is now the Special Adviser to the Presidency on Job Creation and Youth Employment.
Some many professors came to read their thesis to us at that conference but... even companies came with their boring datas and histories.

Afolabi showed us what’s possible and his projects in Ikorodu, Lagos state. How he moved people from here to there.

______

A new day has dawn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:28am On Mar 17, 2021
My own is this,who can start importing this type of materials into the Nigeria market. Many people are tired of wrought and will want to try something minimalistic.

Good morning everyone

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:56am On Mar 17, 2021
micgray100:

Both statement above means the same thing to me...

If you building a storey building with glass rendering, it should be done in area with enough security like an estate where hoodlums don't exist... because only glass rendering is just like easy access for Intruders...

this explains why we introduce metal burglary proofs in our glass windows in typical houses..

What about a glass rendition protected by a burglary inside?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2021
michlins:
My own is this,who can start importing this type of materials into the Nigeria market. Many people are tired of wrought and will want to try something minimalistic.

Good morning everyone

It’s available in Lagos.

The truth is this material can not replace wrought iron designs and most of the ones I’ve seen around aren’t well stenciled.

We’ve also discussed and shared better designs here many years ago before this came to naija.

Better designs can be achieved with polycarbonate - a better alternative to glass - which a lot of us in the construction industry aren’t exploring.

Polycarbonate has an impact resistance 200 times better than glass.

#babalati

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2021
n3xt:

It’s available in Lagos.

The truth is this material can not replace wrought iron designs and most of the ones I’ve seen around aren’t well stenciled.

We’ve also discussed and shared better designs here many years ago before this came to naija.

Better designs can be achieved with polycarbonate - a better alternative to glass - which a lot of us in the construction industry aren’t exploring.

#babalati
drop the contact of who has such in Lagos. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2021
Nosa111:
How much is a bag of cement in your location Preferably Benin city

Advice me where to look for affordable land in Benin city. And a good area too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:39am On Mar 17, 2021
michlins:
drop the contact of who has such in Lagos. Thanks

Call ‭0807 366 5503‬

Mushin, Lagos

The estimate is given based of materials required and your design requirement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:46am On Mar 17, 2021
n3xt:

It’s available in Lagos.

#babalati

It’s not even wrought iron but this impeccable ironworks here just brings me joy.

It’s a thousand times better than the cheap chrome rusty knockoffs that’s now currently popular.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2021
Good morning. we are available for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2021
OnMyHonor:
Hello Brothers,
Does anyone know the price of the following Electrical items
and where they can be bought in Lagos?

High Tension Concrete Pole
Low tension Concrete/Wooden Pole
Transformer Jumper Cable
35-45mm Aluminium HT Cable

@Topsy, Twins, Spyder and others in the know`.
Thank you.

High Tension Concrete Pole 47,000
Low tension Concrete/Wooden Pole: 37,000
Transformer Jumper Cable : 35mm XLPE cable 4000, D-Fuse 48,000
35-45mm Aluminium HT Cable: 150mm 1,100

Note the standard recommended cable for HT is 150mm. PHCN will not approve any cable size below 150mm aluminium cinductor.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2021
Depends on what you are looking at, the kind of environment you like to stay. Sapale road and airport road
After Agbor park is manageable too
sgtponzihater1:

Advice me where to look for affordable land in Benin city. And a good area too. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Nosa111:
Depends on what you are looking at, the kind of environment you like to stay. Sapale road and airport road
After Agbor park is manageable too

Thanks alot. Looking at a area that's secure to an extent, good houses around, and that's not flood prone, as my visits to Benin I went to areas with flood during the rain. Also a help about land agents would be helpful too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:51am On Mar 17, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It’s not even wrought iron but this impeccable ironworks here just brings me joy.

It’s a thousand times better than the cheap chrome rusty knockoffs that’s now currently popular.

Good stuffs aren’t really expensive.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AloneTK: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
davodyguy:
Just completed external plastering today.

The roof facial is also of concrete rather the common board.

rgle wires

Please, which cost more between the roof facial and the common wooden facing board?
Kindly revert.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Roof facial I believe the one made of concrete is more expensive than normal wooden facial...
AloneTK:

Please, which cost more between the roof facial and the common wooden facing board?
Kindly revert.
AloneTK:

Kindly revert.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
somehow:

What about a glass rendition protected by a burglary inside?

Is allowed... The burglary keep it secure from petty Intruders... Most shops outlet in shoprite Alausa that did internal burglary didn't get bugled during the Endsars protest... Many shops I know withing Awolowo way at ikeja that did buglary after glass got protected to a certain extent..

We leave in an insecure country... Households should be well reinforced to keep Intruders away.. All this minimalistic design are good for developed world.. But not Naija...
I can't imagine myself sleeping in my bedroom and have tappered glass surround me and I will sleep well... ko Jo o...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2021
micgray100:

Is allowed... The burglary keep it secure from petty Intruders... Most shops outlet in shoprite Alausa that did internal burglary didn't get bugled during the Endsars protest... Many shops I know withing Awolowo way at ikeja that did buglary after glass got protected to a certain extent..

We leave in an insecure country... Households should be well reinforced to keep Intruders away.. All this minimalistic design are good for developed world.. But not Naija...
I can't imagine myself sleeping in my bedroom and have tappered glass surround me and I will sleep well... ko Jo o...

Then a burglary has solved your fears.
If they mean you, they will get you no matter what!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2021
Quantity Surveyor is your friend.

Engage one today and you'll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
topsy23:

High Tension Concrete Pole 47,000
Low tension Concrete/Wooden Pole: 37,000
Transformer Jumper Cable : 35mm XLPE cable 4000, D-Fuse 48,000
35-45mm Aluminium HT Cable: 150mm 1,100

Note the standard recommended cable for HT is 150mm. PHCN will not approve any cable size below 150mm aluminium cinductor.

Thanks

God bless you Sir.
Please, is the stated Price of the Cables with respect to 1Meter? Like One Meter of HT Cable 1500mm - #1,100 ?
And do you gave a reliable contact for sourcing the Poles and cable around Lagos?
About five units of Electric Poles needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
n3xt:
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

I made this tools to solve a particular problem during shuttering of columns, beams, and even lintels. It is made with a reusable and sustainable material.

Watch how it’s used here https://www.kobocity.com/d/157-construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium-house-by-nexthome/39

Shuttering starts tomorrow.

#AdvancedBabaLati

@n3xt if there's one thing I really fancy about you! then it's you being an explorer , Kudos!

I love the fact that you can also “think on your feet” well done sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Quitam: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2021
Good day great men,
I'm currently at the roofing stage of my project situated in the north. I've got 3 people to estimate roofing sheets and their estimates are wide apart- 410, 500 and 550 sqm. From your experience, is that the artisans have problems with measurement or it is just a form of cheating?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:38am On Mar 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

@n3xt if there's one thing I really fancy about you! then it's you being an explorer , Kudos!

I love the fact that you can also “think on your feet” well done sir

Shhh!

I’m in a niche business so I raise the bar so high that I never have to worry about competition. I always think of WIN-WIN in my business relationships.

To the many young guys out there following my posts and looking for internship, I want to encourage you to go to the last mile, it’s rarely crowded.

Be the standard to follow where there’s none. Always think of how to add value in your project and NOT how to solve your family problems.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:57am On Mar 18, 2021
@micgray100 while I agree with most of your points! Let's clear this wink

2, DUE TO SECURITY CHANLLEGES IN THE COUNTRY, I SAID USING OF BREAKABLE GLASS FOR BUILDING LIKE A STOREY BUILDING IS NOT ADVISABLE.. BECAUSE IT WILL BE EASY ACCESS FOR INTRUDERS IN NIGERIA.. «well said» DO ME ONE FAVOR, BUILD A GLASS SHOP IN IKORODU ROUND ABOUT FILLED WITH CEMENT.. I BET YOU.,, 24 HOURS IS TOO MUCH FOR IT TO BE VANDALISED BY HOODLUMS THAT NIGERIA GOVT HAVE NO DATA BASE FOR.

If I were to build a glass shop in Ikorodu! I definitely wouldn't use a breakable glass that can be vandalized! cool grin

WE ALL NOTICED SOMETHING ON THIS THREAD... THE PROFFESSIONAL ARE NOT REALLY GETTING JOBS... YOU KNOW WHY... WE ARE NOT TRAINED MARKETTERS... AND ALSO CANT TAKE NON SENSE FROM CLIENTS.. OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CLIENTS IS WORST... AND WE BELIEVE THE JOB WILL FIND US... WHICH IS AFFECTING MOST PROFFESSIONALS... NOT ALL

BUT YOU A CONTRACTOR ... YOU ARE MORE THAN A TRAINED MARKETER.. YOU HAVE POSITIVE DISCUSSIONS WITH CLIENTS... AND SEE FROM CLIENT'S PERSPECTIVE... WHICH AT THE END IS AN ADVANTAGE..

LET ME STOP HERE....

MY 2 CENT.. ENGR. GBENGA

@micgray100
Forget being a professional Marketer
You can't be a Professional & you don't know to engage your clients, like you said “your relationship with clients is worst” isn't that awkward?

Well on the other hand «Jobs can actually find you, if your previous job is exceptional & very neat» ! But Most Times hunting for job is the way! (Through Ads, connection & other necessary means)

Finally love that your quote about @n3xt “More than a trained Marketer' he knows how to have positive discussions with his clients!” Perhaps the reason his clients will chose him over & over again! In this Modern Age 'Effective communication & Positive Engagements is Imperative!

Well, what do I know! After all Am Just a LEARNER. grin

SALAM

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:19am On Mar 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Haba, he wrote this nau

“I’d do it in critical areas though cos of the high price tag.”

We discussed this many moons ago on this thread.

So many discussions we had here years back came ahead of their time. Many of them are too difficult to comprehend by those with fixed mindset.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 18, 2021
cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akeme1: 2:38am On Mar 18, 2021
Please what is the price of filling sand, Location Ajah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by linearity: 3:42am On Mar 18, 2021
PropertyVendor:

No fixed price for cement for now due to little scarcity, it's between 3,500 - 4,000, depending on the amount spent in getting the cement.
But we sell for 3,500.

What are the various transportation cost to within Edo or Delta States?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Billions123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.