Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415278 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Work in progress from the stable of Advanced Baba Lati.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2021
Dijita:
Good morning all. This is a shout out to Adedward aluminum. He did a very good job despite the challenges he faced while doing my project. He lost his mother. May her gentle soul rest in peace. I know she is gentle because she raise a gentle and hard working man. He did not use my money to bury his mother and then start giving excuses as some would have done. He did not do a shoddy job and old wife tale as some would have done.
My mum visited the site and she prayed and prayed for the classy job that was done. My friend visited the site and was impressed. His performance on the windows now encourage me to engage him for the bathroom doors. I can attest to the quality of job he did for me and recommends him to those in need of his professional service.
I have given positive feedback to Imran roofing and Adedward Aluminum. If I give you work and you did not perform I will come here and shout.
Thanks all

Lucky you bro! Lucky you! I wasn't lucky with Adedward as you were.

He delivered broken windows to me, incomplete net size and worst of it, put an empty white pipe as burglary without iron! Yes, you heard me right, white pipe without an iron in one of my large windows he supplied.

I have been asking him to come and rectify this for the past 7 months. He kept shifting the goal post. He told me to get someone, may be another aluminum person to estimate the cost of fixing those things mentioned and he would reimburse the aluminum guy. He was given the quote of what it would cost to change the broken glasses, put the correct window net size and replace the empty pipes he put as burglary, but he vehemently refused, saying it was high and that he would come himself or send someone to fix them.

Bro, we have been on that since. He hasn't yet come, neither has he sent anyone. Series of messages were sent to him to know the time he would be coming but he refused to answer, neither did he reply my call.

I am not here to rubbish Adedward as it is not in my character. I always exercise patience, even with my workers and my subordinates. I give people time to correct themselves and make amends. However, I hate it when I am being taken for granted.

I will keep using people from this site for my project. I have had fantastic guys worked on my projects from this site.

Notwithstanding, I am still weighing my option and watching him on 3D. I am waiting for his rebuttal and challenge, if he is up to it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:09am On Mar 20, 2021
gbadexy:

Yes sir. It doesn't really make sense to me. If you drain the battery before allowing it to recharge, it won't last.
To enjoy it, it should be used to 50% capacity. That means I have to buy 2 times more batteries if I want to use the maximum capacity of my batteries at half the usage.
Good thing is that I'm conscious of energy requirements of appliances now and go for very low ones so that I barely use the battery much. Only one bar removes from the battery indicator by the following morning out of 5 bars and it starts charging slowly as early as past 7 am.
There are timers for freezer also. I bought one but the guy is yet to fix it but with the timer, I can set the freezer to work during sunny period of the day. Say 10 am to 3 pm.
I heard there is even DC iron now and I'm searching for one. Iron with low wattage.

The big issue is the inverter settings. Inverters that don't have adjustable DoD setting will put a preset setting and most times will not advertise it with the spec sheet. Such an inverter with 90%DoD, you will never know when the 50% is reach by the only the bar on the inverter.22

My Mercury inverter has 4bars, the full bar is the only significant bar and could last for 10 of the 12hrs I get on full charge . Once that bar goes off, I know my charge is almost depleted.

If you have never experienced how long each bar last on the same load and do not know the DoD setting, there is still a chance you drain above the 50%DOD.

The easiest way to know for sure is measuring your voltage with a multimeter at the time the first bar goes off.

A fully charged 12V battery should be 12.5-12.6vdc and a fully depleted battery should be at least 10.5vdc. A 24v system is twice and the 48v system is 4 times that. The issue is that the battery holds 12.5v longer than it can hold 12.1v
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2021
michlins:
Delivered yesterday. 38ft long with 6 by 3 H channel

Now this is correct. Fantastically correct. For peace of mind when it comes to home water pressure for one floor storey building, 40ft is the equilibrium height.

All those 28ft, 30ft no dey work for me. The propensity to suffer water pressure issues is very high for water tower below the 38ft threshold.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2021
diordaves:

Now this is correct. Fantastically correct. For peace of mind when it comes to home water pressure for one floor storey building, 40ft is the equilibrium height.

All those 28ft, 30ft no dey work for me. The propensity to suffer water pressure issues is very high for water tower below the 38ft threshold.
overbuilt raised to power 5⁵. So if you want to do 4 storey building, what height should you do? 100ft tall

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks for sharing this. I got value!

I’m always ashamed to share my energy cost on a public forum. Since November 2020 till date, I’ve only bought N6,000 credit. I’ve relied 100% on renewable energy.

Abi make I share my meter number to check if this is true? grin grin
A transformer that I installed for an event center got only N11k bill pere in the first month of use during the handover stage.
There are at least 16 3hp ACs in the building and about 20 2HP. I did 60 x 60 energy saving lights in the hall. I think I have over 60 pcs installed.

Renewable energy can be expensive if you don’t control its use.
Another important thing is the selection of your household equipment.
Man, we need your help with the secrets behind this low bill, if average house of 5 bedrooms receiving 18k per month crazy bill for light of about 7 - 10 hours a day. Another location that I think is fair is paying 8k with prepay meter per month for 3bedrooms with everything, and average light of 12-16 hours per day even before prepay is install . I don't understand this ooo same Ikeja serving both location. I am tired of fighting this people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2021
michlins:
overbuilt raised to power 5⁵. So if you want to do 4 storey building, what height should you do? 100ft tall

Ok. So this 38ft is for a 4 storey building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2021
kopell:
Man, we need your help with the secrets behind this low bill, if average house of 5 bedrooms receiving 18k per month crazy bill for light of about 7 - 10 hours a day. Another location that I think is fair is paying 8k with prepay meter per month for 3bedrooms with everything, and average light of 12-16 hours per day even before prepay is install . I don't understand this ooo same Ikeja serving both location. I am tired of fighting this people
They brought N75k for me last month, N64k before that for a month even though I had already written them to stop billing me since January.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
michlins:
overbuilt raised to power 5⁵.

Not necessarily. The height difference between the tank and the highest offtake point is what you should get people to focus on - not arbitrary 38ft, 40ft, 50ft heights. You might want to be cautious during the original tank installation in anticipation of future requirements.

The highest offtake point is usually the bathroom water heater or a shower head and some of the newer ones require 2 to 3 bar input pressure (think 2 to 3m difference in equivalence) to operate satisfactorily.

It's not all lost though, if you retrofit a power shower that requires more input pressure, you can always add an inline booster pump solely to operate that power shower - as I had do do in one of my properties where we misjudged the available head when installing a replacement shower.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ozimec(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
mufutau55:

Yes sir, Oga Segcy. That is exactly what I meant. May be I should modify the message to add your definitions too.
Thank you sir.

Hajji M.

Hello please sir, I need rough estimate for building 3 units of 1 bedroom flat, 1 unit of self con, and 2 units of 2bedroom flats with basic finishing. a bungalow. pls below is the real plan drawing.
thanks.
that is from foundation to roofing.

the drawing is attached

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Arrival of your Spina tiles
Moonlight back 75 by 75
Moonlight white 75by75
Zebra brillo published.. 75 by 75
All available in a quantity price
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047
Head office: agric market block 10 shop 55 Odun-ade bus stop badagry expressway Coker-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
diordaves:

Ewooo shocked

Reading this alone just "restricts my airflow" as in e choke.

Kilode gan gan? 40kini? Simply means that @michlin did an under-built, ngwa-ngwa back to site now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pls howmuch will it cost to building a twin 3bedroom bungalow.... Current market price

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
diordaves:

Ok. So this 38ft is for a 4 storey building?
no sir. This is for two storey building.
jabolo:

Not necessarily. The height difference between the tank and the highest offtake point is what you should get people to focus on - not arbitrary 38ft, 40ft, 50ft heights. You might want to be cautious during the original tank installation in anticipation of future requirements.

The highest offtake point is usually the bathroom water heater or a shower head and some of the newer ones require 2 to 3 bar input pressure (think 2 to 3m difference in equivalence) to operate satisfactorily.

It's not all lost though, if you retrofit a power shower that requires more input pressure, you can always add an inline booster pump solely to operate that power shower - as I had do do in one of my properties where we misjudged the available head when installing a replacement shower.
thing is every building has a standard height. A two storey building will require 33-36ft tank. But the owner of the job in discussion expressly asked for 38ft. When she saw the real height of the tank stand, she asked that I shorten it but unfortunately, most part of the welding has been done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
inze:

Ewooo shocked

Kilode gan gan? 40kini? Simply means that @michlin did an under-built, ngwa-ngwa back to site now.
Oga me no suffer me �

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Erums:
Pls howmuch will it cost to building a twin 3bedroom bungalow.... Current market price

Thanks in anticipation

Budget 10Million Naira to Average taste or
Budget above 10Millon Naira more based on your level of finishing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
micgray100:

Budget 10Million Naira to Average taste or
Budget above 10Millon Naira more based on your level of finishing.

Sorri it's a twin 2bedroom bungalow.... Its the current price yu stated proven.. Considering current market price?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by President99: 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi house!
I need a structural engineer who can manually design an overhead steel water. It's a very urgent project. Send me a pm asap!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
inze:

Ewooo shocked

No need to choke. You are doing well.

The 'normal' height many folks go for when it comes to water tower is 26 - 28ft. This works for some but the propensity to fail is very high as your water tank will be sitting almost at the same level with your first outlet which is your water heater. Your tank should sit minimum 2 meters above your first outlet for VERY GOOD water pressure. One common issue with 26ft tower, is you only get good pressure if your tank is full. Once your tank is below half full, you notice immediately pressure issues.

Now the problem is even more pronounced if you have a very high foundation of say 4-6 courses and 3/4 courses after lintel. If you go for the normal 26ft, you more than open yourself to possible water pressure issues.

Water tower and Solar power are sciences. These are capacity harvesting. With solar power, you are harvesting the the Sun's energy. So if you only have one solar panel, this will translate into the capacity of the Sun's energy you are able to harvest.

Same with water tower, you are harvesting gravity. The higher you go, the higher the pressure. So if you have a short tower, this will translate into the amount of pressure you are able to harvest that will serve the home at every given moment.This is entry point physics.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
gbadexy:

They brought N75k for me last month, N64k before that for a month even though I had already written them to stop billing me since January.

How did you manage the situation?
Paid the bills or?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Erums:

Sorri it's a twin 2bedroom bungalow.... Its the current price yu stated proven.. Considering current market price?

is almost within the same region... Don't forget is a + or - Average... 10million naira budget is within rage ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
President99:
Hi house!
I need a structural engineer who can manually design an overhead steel water. It's a very urgent project. Send me a pm asap!

Contact by watsapp... 0703272894one...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
somehow:

How did you manage the situation?
Paid the bills or?
I wrote them a letter telling them to disconnect me from their grid and stop billing me with immediate effect and I told them I would not be responsible for any bill they brought henceforth.
I took it to their head office and made sure they stamped the acknowledgement copy.
I earlier paid for prepaid meter since may last year but they said the payment reflected in june when there was a N10000 increment and I was supposed to pay the difference but they didn't give me an account to pay the difference because they weren't collecting any payment due to the government meter scheme abi fraud.
Anyways, I have the copy of my letter with me and I have no intention of paying any money they bring but I would collect the meter for collecting sake because it has already been paid for.
I have no plans of using their light any longer.
Even during serious rains, the solar isn't really bad. It would still charge after the rain although not fast. And 3 hours generator would charge it fully to last another 2 days depending on the battery capacity.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:59am On Mar 21, 2021
kopell:

______

1. Your location
2. Your Tariff Class (residential, commercial or industrial)
3. Tariff Rate
4. Quantity of energy consumed

A lot of us focus only on no. 4 whereas other factors determine how much we pay.

You need to ensure your property has not been classified wrongly as a commercial building or that your shop or business has not been classified as Industrial.

Often times, it’s not your consumption that goes high but your fixed charges. The fixed charge for Class R2 Is very small when compared with R3.
That explains the reason why 2 similar building might end up paying different charges to the same disco.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:28am On Mar 21, 2021
gbadexy:

I wrote them a letter telling them to disconnect me from their grid and stop billing me with immediate effect and I told them I would not be responsible for any bill they brought henceforth.
I took it to their head office and made sure they stamped the acknowledgement copy.
I earlier paid for prepaid meter since may last year but they said the payment reflected in june when there was a N10000 increment and I was supposed to pay the difference but they didn't give me an account to pay the difference because they weren't collecting any payment due to the government meter scheme abi fraud.
Anyways, I have the copy of my letter with me and I have no intention of paying any money they bring but I would collect the meter for collecting sake because it has already been paid for.
Even during serious rains, the solar isn't really bad. It would still charge after the rain although not fast. And 3 hours generator would charge it fully to last another 2 days depending on the battery capacity.

Here’s what I did when I paid for my prepaid meter:

I wrote to the disco and reminded the of Mr Babatunde Fashola’s stern order that no one should pay estimated bills if he/she has paid for a prepaid meter. I encouraged them to take their time to supply and install the meter so long I’m not paying a dime for the energy used. I think I was only paying fixed charge of 500 - 700 prior to the installation of my meter.

I was never given estimated billing for once even though they compelled me to take it while they were processing my meter. I think the guys deliberately stopped issuing meters because of what they’re making from estimated billings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:56am On Mar 21, 2021
President99:
Hi house!
please sir, I'm not a structural engineer but whatever design you finally come up with, I will make it a reality. I have been doing this and will deliver.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:23am On Mar 21, 2021
gbadexy:

Great!
Thanks for sharing
Do you mind giving us a glimpse into your power consumption?
Like what does your solar power etc?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Dijita:
Good morning all. This is a shout out to Adedward aluminum. He did a very good job despite the challenges he faced while doing my project. He lost his mother. May her gentle soul rest in peace. I know she is gentle because she raise a gentle and hard working man. He did not use my money to bury his mother and then start giving excuses as some would have done. He did not do a shoddy job and old wife tale as some would have done.
My mum visited the site and she prayed and prayed for the classy job that was done. My friend visited the site and was impressed. His performance on the windows now encourage me to engage him for the bathroom doors. I can attest to the quality of job he did for me and recommends him to those in need of his professional service.
I have given positive feedback to Imran roofing and Adedward Aluminum. If I give you work and you did not perform I will come here and shout.
Thanks all

He is good from day 1. Have been working with him since 2018 till date. He does most of my project aluminum even as far as Calabar, eastern regions too. So I recommend him any time. He just finished the one of my projects this past week. 10 aluminum doors for a school project on my thread if you care to visit. Well done Ade.

This is the link to the work he delivered for me.
https://www.nairaland.com/6444764/school-facility-reconstruction-project-complete#99969559
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:17am On Mar 21, 2021
somehow:

Great!
Thanks for sharing
Do you mind giving us a glimpse into your power consumption?
Like what does your solar power etc?
I use 1040 watts solar panel with a 50 amps charger.
Your appliances would determine the KVA of the inverter and battery capacity to use.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:20am On Mar 21, 2021
n3xt:

Here’s what I did when I paid for my prepaid meter:

I wrote to the disco and reminded the of Mr Babatunde Fashola’s stern order that no one should pay estimated bills if he/she has paid for a prepaid meter. I encouraged them to take their time to supply and install the meter so long I’m not paying a dime for the energy used. I think I was only paying fixed charge of 500 - 700 prior to the installation of my meter.

I was never given estimated billing for once even though they compelled me to take it while they were processing my meter. I think the guys deliberately stopped issuing meters because of what they’re making from estimated billings.
Exactly sir. They make the money they are losing on the prepaid meters from the estimated bills they give unmetered people and are reluctant to process the meter fast so that they keep milking the people.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:25am On Mar 21, 2021
Focusmind:

Lucky you bro! Lucky you! I wasn't lucky with Adedward as you were.

He delivered broken windows to me, incomplete net size and worst of it, put an empty white pipe as burglary without iron! Yes, you heard me right, white pipe without an iron in one of my large windows he supplied.

I have been asking him to come and rectify this for the past 7 months. He kept shifting the goal post. He told me to get someone, may be another aluminum person to estimate the cost of fixing those things mentioned and he would reimburse the aluminum guy. He was given the quote of what it would cost to change the broken glasses, put the correct window net size and replace the empty pipes he put as burglary, but he vehemently refused, saying it was high and that he would come himself or send someone to fix them.

Bro, we have been on that since. He hasn't yet come, neither has he sent anyone. Series of messages were sent to him to know the time he would be coming but he refused to answer, neither did he reply my call.

I am not here to rubbish Adedward as it is not in my character. I always exercise patience, even with my workers and my subordinates. I give people time to correct themselves and make amends. However, I hate it when I am being taken for granted.

I will keep using people from this site for my project. I have had fantastic guys worked on my projects from this site.

Notwithstanding, I am still weighing my option and watching him on 3D. I am waiting for his rebuttal and challenge, if he is up to it.

So sorry about that @Focusmind
Ade, kindly attend to this.
Or let's talk about on whatsapp or direct call.
Thanks.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (3671) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.