Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391899 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:
Hello, I need a professional advise and service on Architectural Planning and quantity surveying cost of 2 units of two bedroom with 2 units of room and parlor self contain or 3 units of two bedroom bungalow in Abeokuta.

I will appreciate your advise and service. Thanks

What's the size of your plot?
That would determine if the above would fit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
topsy23:

Yes you can use solar inverter to power AC but the size rating must be between 10-15KVA. The load consumption of the conventional AC is high but there are some low power consumption AC called inverter AC..
How many KVA of hybrid solar inverter can power 4pcs 1.5Hp inverter AC's running at once 3 reserve and price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

What's the size of your plot?
That would determine if the above would fit.

Back 16.33m, left 41.51m, front 14.16m, right 37.62m (16.33m by 41.51m )(16.33m by 37.62m)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
micgray100:

is almost within the same region... Don't forget is a + or - Average... 10million naira budget is within rage ..

Hajji.. Whats ur take on this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pls EgunMogaji2 and other expat prefessional in the house

Hello, I need a professional advise and service on Architectural Planning and quantity surveying cost of 2 units of two bedroom with 2 units of room and parlor self contain or 3 units of two bedroom bungalow in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

Pls I need same advise on a twin 2bedroom,can I link up with you?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Focusmind:

Dennis, nobody is dragging anybody. He collected a job from HSL broker and delivered a cracked glasses. He promised for more than 7 months to come and fit another and replace the short size net he delivered. I even had to give him extra cash to get whatever he needed. So what's the issue here?

I hate it when people tried to play smart. Throughout the period of this delay, he never mentioned HSL broker, he was promising on coming without putting action to his words.

Was it HSL that asked him to construct cracked glasses? He collected job from him and delivered a sub- optimal job.

Sorry about that.
Pls a call can salvage this situation.
Issues here may not.
I am only trying to ensure everyone is OK most especially you as a client in the best optimal way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
twinskenny:

Lol this your reply nawaoo boss

You can’t just determine number of item needed without seen a drawing or a physical visit to the site..

Like the 10mm you are not sure of the distance between dp and the change over switch... or you don’t know whether it’s 3 phase connection or single phase

Those materials are very okay sef..

11 bundles of 1.5mm (Black n red) for all the lighting is not even much at all.

11 for 2.5mm is not much at all too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Erums:

Pls I need same advise on a twin 2bedroom,can I link up with you?

If you have a survey plan. You can share it with me. Let me see what I can do for you.

Currently doing the construction of this one below. Though it's 4 units of 2 bedroom flats.

Your land size will determine if your brief will fit in it.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
somehow:

So let's say like 5KVA inverter and like 600 maH batteries can comfortably power a 4-5 bedroom duplex? (Not like every appliances would be active at once.) I actually meant solar panels.

This is where you would need to consult the pros in that line of work.
I just shared a layman end user experience.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

Prepare N12m - N15m depending on your taste. A similar configuration (see plan below) built for the government cost between N9m - N10m per block (a semi-detached 2 bedroom flat).

Your land size is adequate for the proposed development.

Your foundation alone will gulp +/- N2.5m

_______

We have over 300 units recently built and ongoing across the state.

_______

Pic 1 - 2 bedroom semi-detached flats expandable to 3 bedroom. The red mark shows the expansion.

Pic 2 - Foundation of 50 units of 2 Bedroom Semi-Detached Flats Delivered in Sagamu

Pic 3 - 2 Bedroom Semi-Detached Flats - Prince Court, Kemta Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
gbadexy:

This is where you would need to consult the pros in that line of work.
I just shared a layman end user experience.

Okay bro
Thanks and i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dennis3D:

If you have a survey plan. You can share it with me. Let me see what I can do for you.

Currently doing the construction of this one below. Though it's 4 units of 2 bedroom flats.

Your land size will determine if your brief will fit in it.

What side will take this, including at least on parking per flat?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adicsonbaba(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Good afternoon house
Just got an halfplot of land 30by120 in a place at OGUN STATE... I'll like to know the total cost of 3bedroom flat.

I will be doing the foundation soon
I'll like to know how much it's likely to cost me for the foundation

I really need a sincere advice and projected costs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Self Builder’s Journey: Plasterboard Installation

Get all the need to know information about Plasterboard vs POP here https://www.kobocity.com/d/116-alternative-for-pop/7

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

What side will take this, including at least on parking per flat?

See this view... The entire design is on a plot of 60/120fit

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
Adicsonbaba:
Good afternoon house
Just got an halfplot of land 30by120 in a place at OGUN STATE... I'll like to know the total cost of 3bedroom flat.

I will be doing the foundation soon
I'll like to know how much it's likely to cost me for the foundation

I really need a sincere advice and projected costs

When anyone shares information as this and requires advice. Pls Endevour to share the design (plan with dimensions) because building design sizes and areas are not the same even if it's similar design from one location.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
cry cry
n3xt:

Well for me, I don’t allow them to meter my commercial projects. They take their readings from the transformer.
Just bill me for my consumption and not what I have inside my property. That I have them doesn’t mean I run them all at once.

This explains why I have N11,000 bill on my transformer.
That's more open to exploitation. The same story the marketers tell us is that that take readings from the transformer and share it among the houses on it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

A 3 units of 2 bedrooms will sit comfortably..we designed such recently

Pic1: site plan
Pic2 working elevation drawing
Pic3: 3D

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
gbadexy:
cry cry
That's more open to exploitation. The same story the marketers tell us is that that take readings from the transformer and share it among the houses on it.

I forgot to mention I’m the only one using the transformer. So there are no house to share with.

After the first 7 months, we started getting between 22 - 23k per month which is fair enough for an event center with over 40 ACs (3hp and 2hp)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
n3xt:

Prepare N12m - N15m depending on your taste. A similar configuration (see plan below) built for the government cost between N9m - N10m per block (a semi-detached 2 bedroom flat).

Thanks for the information. You mean N12m - N15m for 2 units of two bedroom with 2 units of room and parlor self contain?

or

For 3 units of two bedroom?

And

N9m - N10m for (a semi-detached 2 bedroom flat)?

_______

_______

Pic 1 - 2 bedroom semi-detached flats expandable to 3 bedroom. The red mark shows the expansion.

Pic 2 - Foundation of 50 units of 2 Bedroom Semi-Detached Flats Delivered in Sagamu

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Nice flow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
n3xt:

_______

_______

Thanks for the information. You mean N12m - N15m for 2 units of two bedroom with 2 units of room and parlor self contain?

or

And

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

YES
Your final cost will be determined by the finishing standard (basic, mid-range or luxury)

Basic - No Parapet, No Window Hoods, POP Ceiling, Longspan/Steptiles Aluminum Roofing, Simple Doors, Casement Windows (imported), simple burglar protector, Half wall tiles in baths...

Mid-range - Parapet, Steptiles Aluminum Roofing, POP Ceiling, full wall tiles in baths, casement windows with embedded burglar proof, kitchen cabinet...

Luxury - Parapet, Stone-coated Roofing...

or

YES

Final cost will be determined by the finishing standard.

And

This is for an ongoing government project (basic finishing).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Thanks for the information, the site plan, the drawings, and 3D as well, but you did not include the bill of quantity.

Still wating for your response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

Thanks for the information, the site plan, the drawings, and 3D as well, but you did not include the bill of quantity.

shocked

BOQ comes after a detailed drawing has been delivered and approved by you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
n3xt:

shocked

BOQ comes after a detailed drawing has been delivered and approved by you.

Ok. send the detailed drawing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

Ok. send the detailed drawing.

A detailed drawing is produced at an agreed sum from your brief.

You’ll need to provide your survey plan to produce your plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
n3xt:

I forgot to mention I’m the only one using the transformer. So there are no house to share with.

After the first 7 months, we started getting between 22 - 23k per month which is fair enough for an event center with over 40 ACs (3hp and 2hp)

Ok, that's more like reading your meter. They would get accurate reading from the transformer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hello People

I don't like having altercation with contractor here and I apologize for that. I have learnt so much from this forum and using contractors from this forum is my way of giving back to the community. My action here was reactionary as I felt that I was being taken for granted.

Adedward has agreed to come and assess the windows and what need to be fixed. He has given me his words that he would rectify those things and I have equally told him if need be, I will contribute to his expenses.

See this incidence as a one off thing and such do happen once in a while and plead that people should not hold anything against him. I am not a tough or very rigid person, as I told him that if he had come clean and state his challenges initially, I would have supported him financially to rectify the issue.

Everything that happens provides an opportunity for learning. I just say let me give an update on my altercation with him. I have equally taken down those comments in the thread at his request.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Focusmind:
Hello People

I don't like having altercation with contractor here and I apologize for that. I have learnt so much from this forum and using contractors from this forum is my way of giving back to the community. My action here was reactionary as I felt that I was being taken for granted.

Adedward has agreed to come and assess the windows and what need to be fixed. He has given me his words that he would rectify those things and I have equally told him if need be, I will contribute to his expenses.

See this incidence as a one off thing and such do happen once in a while and plead that people should not hold anything against him. I am not a tough or very rigid person, as I told him that if he had come clean and state his challenges initially, I would have supported him financially to rectify the issue.

Everything that happens provides an opportunity for learning. I just say let me give an update on my altercation with him. I have equally taken down those comments in the thread at his request.

Thank you.

That’s the way to go. Thanks.

That’s what matured men do... fix sh*t and move on.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
woles3435:

BoQ is a different document that is site specific, but then I assume you mean to ask what the projected cost to build is? (For this particular design, it is peg at 17~18m

You can write me on 08027314343 if you need the detailed drawing..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dammybrite and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.