Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391481 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
uncleteeh:

It depends sir.
The agreement you have with the architect matters.
Note:
In contractual jobs, the architect serves as the client's representative, until the job is duly completed, and a certificate of completion is issued to the contractor by the architect, an architect is always involved.

Initially, my thought is he should do the drawings and I give the job to my bàbà Láti. But he said he needs to be on ground cause building is plus and Minus even with the drawings. So I had to retain him and continued to pay for the service but at the roof top. I don't think anything needs to be amended again na that requires his presence.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykelslim: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bosses I greet you all

How much will be needed to build a four bedroom bungalow with good modern fittings?

I mean like a standard house.

I need answers because considering the price of raw materials. I don't want to start something I can't finish at once.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Good evening all able constructor
We are at your door post for varieties of aluminium window
In various price, call or whatsapp..
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
sonnie10:

Don't go near Texas then. They all have HOAs, even stand alone single family houses

There is a big different between condo and single family in regard to HOA fee
My single family HOA is $75 yearly and just add $15 for park
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mykelslim:
Bosses I greet you all

How much will be needed to build a four bedroom bungalow with good modern fittings?

I need answers because considering the price of raw materials. I don't want to start something I can't finish at once.

Thank you

Four bedroom bungalow with good finishing will presently cost N20-22 million only.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
BuildingProject:

He is to supervise till the roofing is done. Of which we're at the stage now. But he is telling me he needs to be involved in the interior design as well. And I told him that is not part of his jurisdiction but he is insisting I still need to keep him for supervising interior design and decorations.

So. Do I med his service on such decisions after giving the contract to those in such field?

Since he’s insisting that you still need to keep him, I’d suggest you keep him at no cost to you as a consultant on the project while dealing directly with the tradespeople involved in the finishing stage.

I try as much as possible to eliminate a middleman arrangement during my finishing stage except where my client specifically request for my service.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
n3xt:

Since he’s insisting that you still need to keep him, I’d suggest you keep him at no cost to you as a consultant on the project while dealing directly with the tradespeople involved in the finishing stage.

I try as much as possible to eliminate a middleman arrangement during my finishing stage except where my client specifically request for my service.

At no cost ké!! Lai lai. He won't agree. That is the reason I want to know if he is needed for the interior of not. Left to me. Have told him he is not needed after the roofing. It's not like we go shift bedroom to sitting room room náà. And he won't be going there for free.

So if I can get an interior decorator that doesn't require much supervision like that.

Have you worked with @multicolour interiordezine before?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
GoodFaith:

There is a big different between condo and single family in regard to HOA fee
My single family HOA is $75 yearly and just add $15 for park

My single family HOA is over one thousand dollars yearly. God is helping to meet up, I dont pay for parking because I have 4 car garage inside the house. Drive way alone can take additional 4 cars
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
BuildingProject:

He is to supervise till the roofing is done. Of which we're at the stage now. But he is telling me he needs to be involved in the interior design as well. And I told him that is not part of his jurisdiction but he is insisting I still need to keep him for supervising interior design and decorations.

So. Do I med his service on such decisions after giving the contract to those in such field?

Is he going to do it for free? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Is he going to do it for free? grin

No. He is not doing it free.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
BuildingProject:

No. He is not doing it free.

So he’s done when you say he’s done then.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nice.

I guess this is a swimming pool.

Aforxzy:
Another of our projects
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
QSFemi:
Nice.

I guess this is a swimming pool.

Thanks.

But it a gym.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
SEARCH
iubh
Nairametrics
Nairametrics
BUSINESS NEWSDangote Cement moves to end cement supply shortage, suspends export from its terminals
The surge in the demand for cement products has led to a supply gap of about 40%.

Published 10 hours agoon April 14, 2021By Omokolade Ajayi Dangote powers cement plant in Tanzania with gas turbines, Dangote Cement Plc records 34.20% increase in 2020 Q3 revenues, Dangote Cement market capitalization increased by 28% to cross N3 trillion mark in November
SHARE TWEET

Africa’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerate, Dangote Group has revealed that it has suspended exports from its commissioned export terminals.

The Group made this move in an effort to cut the country’s cement supply gap and keep cement prices low in Nigeria.

According to a news report by The Punch, the Group Executive Director, Strategy, Portfolio Development and Capital Projects, Devakumar Edwin made this revelation while speaking at a press briefing in Lagos this week.

READ: 10 fantastic things Aliko Dangote has done in the last 10 years

The Director explained that the surge in the demand for cement products has led to a supply gap of about 40% in the country’s cement market, and like every other player the Dangote Group is working actively to close out this gap.

The demand and consumption of cement in the nation currently outstrips supply, and this can be pegged on the growth in the country’s population, and the strong appetite for real estate investment and construction as investors consider them a good hedge against falling local currency.

In a bid to close down this gap, players in the industry have commenced measures aimed at expanding cement production infrastructure in the country.

READ: Dangote Cement appoints Guillaume Moyen as substantive Group Chief Financial Officer

What has been done so far to close down the supply gap?
Despite suspending exports from its recently commissioned export terminals, thereby foregoing dollar earnings, Dangote Cement has also reactivated its 4.5million mtpa capacity Gboko Plant which was closed 4 years ago.

While BUA Cement on the other hand signed a contract with Sinoma CBMI of China to build three additional production plants with an installed capacity of 3 million metric tonnes each.

british airways
These plants when completed in 2022, in addition to a 3rd cement line of 3 million mtpa in Sokoto which has been booked for commissioning in mid-2021, are expected to increase the total installed cement production capacity of the company from 8 million mtpa to 20 million mtpa.

READ: BUA explains why price of cement, sugar remains high

What you should know
In recent times, allegations have been made against the Cement company on the ground that it increased its ex-factory price. Devakumar Edwin revealed that these allegations are untrue as the company had not increased its ex-factory prices on its cement product since December 2019, despite the recent increase in production costs.
He explained further that over the past 15 months, DCP’s production costs had gone up significantly as about 50% of its costs were linked to the dollar

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

So he’s done when you say he’s done then.

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
SOMEBODY SHOULD HELP ME WITH THE COST OF RENTING SCAFFOLD FOR TWO STORY BUILDING IN YENAGOA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
BuildingProject:

At no cost ké!! Lai lai. He won't agree. That is the reason I want to know if he is needed for the interior of not. Left to me. Have told him he is not needed after the roofing. It's not like we go shift bedroom to sitting room room náà. And he won't be going there for free.

Unless you have a life and death contract with him, he’s done when you say you’re done.

So if I can get an interior decorator that doesn't require much supervision like that.

I believe this shouldn’t be an issue. Invite few pros, give them your brief and let them send in their proposals. Award the job to the man with the best bid.

No! But I can work with ANYONE when it comes to interiors designs even my mukailas
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 2:03am On Apr 15, 2021
All you builders that erect big houses within 6 months, just asking for a friend, how do you make this money? cool cool cool cool This can also benefit me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykelslim: 3:56am On Apr 15, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

Four bedroom bungalow with good finishing will presently cost N20-22 million only.
Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Nero2424:
All you builders that erect big houses within 6 months, just asking for a friend, how do you make this money? cool cool cool cool This can also benefit me.

People that say there’s is no money in Nigeria yen yen yen

I tell them Ogbeni you better hustle and find your calling.

There’s a road I take infrequently near me here. Was empty lot there when I took it in January. Last week tenants are moving into a full completed four plex. I almost fell off my Okada in shock.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 5:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Nero2424:

Tell your friend to get a soap.
A good one oh.
Ọ̀sẹ̀ Àgànyín grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:31am On Apr 15, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:32am On Apr 15, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Kobocity Self Builders’ Lounge | From concept to reality

The construction journey of a self builder https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/203

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:12am On Apr 15, 2021
n3xt:
Kobocity Self Builders’ Lounge | From concept to reality

The construction journey of a self builder https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/203

What is that fascia? Love it.

On Kobocity is there a dedicated place to post ads?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:11am On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

What is that fascia? Love it.

On Kobocity is there a dedicated place to post ads?

Thanks.

It’s aluminum fascia. The same we had on the project below.

_____

Kobocity Ads | @naijapal will attend to this shortly.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Initially, my thought is he should do the drawings and I give the job to my bàbà Láti. But he said he needs to be on ground cause building is plus and Minus even with the drawings. So I had to retain him and continued to pay for the service but at the roof top. I don't think anything needs to be amended again na that requires his presence.
Well, he is right and some Baba Latis may not be thoroughly trusted.
You may relief him of his services if you think its necessary or you may pay him to check on the project once in a while.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Tell him to leave Ur project then. You should be able to consult him for free.
But you may need expertise for the interior oooo.
Make the house no go dey boring. You too can go online and look for fantastic finishes sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
Good morning.. For your roofing woods, woodwork and materials contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2021
uncleteeh:

Tell him to leave Ur project then. You should be able to consult him for free.
But you may need expertise for the interior oooo.
Make the house no go dey boring. You too can go online and look for fantastic finishes sir.

That is why am asking if this person multicolour interiordezine has worked for anyone on the forum. She is an interior designer as well.

Or do we have others here that are also vast in the field here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2021
Mykelslim:
Bosses I greet you all

Thank you

The first step is to get a detailed drawing and get a quotation based on milestone/stages..........your land type, site location and labour can upscale the cost in many instances.

Also your timeline to build to completion is a factor to availability of funds.
A lot of people want a modern and standard build with average finishing and this means different things to different professionals in the trade given their field experience and exposure.

Given that let's say #25M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:38am On Apr 15, 2021
1bunne4lif:
SOMEBODY SHOULD HELP ME WITH THE COST OF RENTING SCAFFOLD FOR TWO STORY BUILDING IN YENAGOA

You can go to Baybrigde by the granite dump along the express or Okaka by mbiama yenagoa road to inquire.........

I rented at #1000/pipe length like 10 years ago. I'm not sure this price is useable now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Anthony223 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.