Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403732 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

Baba, I’m happy to read from you and I truly understand your message.
Thanks for your decision to support. You’re putting humane in humanity.

@hslbroker2 he don do. Accept whatever is offered and move on to bigger stuffs.

Thank you

thank u sir, no problem sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
I was really sad reading focusmind submission here. I just had to imagine myself in his shoes. It's just sad to imagine!

The whole deal is ALMOST a total loss to him, you can also imagine the loss in terms of TIME and ENERGY he must have invest in this whole thing, to get a product that is of low quality....Dealing with artisans in Nigeria can be draining, it can take away your soul. You hardly see a sane one this days!
My wife gave a carpenter, just on my street 120k since oct for her kitchen cabinet, till today the guy disappear, this is someone we have known for two years.
Please, what can 120k change in a man's life? with two children o! On this platform, i called an architect and we agreed on a certain amount for a 3 bed plan. We agreed on payment. Later i called and demanded for some modification, he said no problem but i will add more money, we agreed on what to add and he proceed. After few days he called that the modification cannot work due to the size of the land and he propose another type of modification, again we agreed. Later again, he called that all modification (mine and his) cannot work and that we should revert back to the first plan, grudgingly i said okay just revert back to our initial plan, the very first one. Abeg, is it not expected that we revert back to the old price that we initially agreed on. Na so this guy finish work seize my plan o, asking for balance. I told him balance is for modification, now there is no modification so which balance. We almost resort to threat and he later bulge. I dont know how you guys do it o, but using people online is tough. I'm planning to use another one again, but fear dey catch me. My job is tough, I dont have time, i dont have energy.

Focusmind, i will rely on one of your statement, compassion triumph logic, pls find him something, i dont expect you to pay 120k though. The truth is, this guys needs to BE RESPONSIBLE AND KNOW THAT NO BE EVERY JOB PERSON THEY COLLECT. He needs to bear some responsibility.
The only reason am appealing to focusmind is because of the health of the other guy. Remember Ada jesus story on this platform. May we all live long without any regret of what we should have done earlier. Focusmind, na beg i beg you. Please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
I just have to say this, people here should know the differences BTW tower made in Nigeria and tower standard, tower standard is Imported materials, While the main tower is manufacture here in Nigeria, i explain this to him, maybe he didn't get me, but I won't go further on the issue, since people already intervene and it will be settle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
dapotemi:
I was really sad reading focusmind submission here. I just had to imagine myself in his shoes. It's just sad to imagine!

The whole deal is ALMOST a total loss to him, you can also imagine the loss in terms of TIME and ENERGY he must have invest in this whole thing, to get a product that is of low quality....Dealing with artisans in Nigeria can be draining, it can take away your soul. You hardly see a sane one this days!
My wife gave a carpenter, just on my street 120k since oct for her kitchen cabinet, till today the guy disappear, this is someone we have known for two years.
Please, what can 120k change in a man's life? with two children o! On this platform, i called an architect and we agreed on a certain amount for a 3 bed plan. We agreed on payment. Later i called and demanded for some modification, he said no problem but i will add more money, we agreed on what to add and he proceed. After few days he called that the modification cannot work due to the size of the land and he propose another type of modification, again we agreed. Later again, he called that all modification (mine and his) cannot work and that we should revert back to the first plan, grudgingly i said okay just revert back to our initial plan, the very first one. Abeg, is it not expected that we revert back to the old price that we initially agreed on. Na so this guy finish work seize my plan o, asking for balance. I told him balance is for modification, now there is no modification so which balance. We almost resort to threat and he later bulge. I dont know how you guys do it o, [b]but using people online is tough. [/b]I'm planning to use another one again, but fear dey catch me. My job is tough, I dont have time, i dont have energy.

Focusmind, i will rely on one of your statement, compassion triumph logic, pls find him something, i dont expect you to pay 120k though. The truth is, this guys needs to BE RESPONSIBLE AND KNOW THAT NO BE EVERY JOB PERSON THEY COLLECT. He needs to bear some responsibility.
The only reason am appealing to focusmind is because of the health of the other guy. Remember Ada jesus story on this platform. May we all live long without any regret of what we should have done earlier. Focusmind, na beg i beg you. Please.

Yes using people online is tough, same thing using people you know is tougher. Imagine the person you have known for two years still run away with your 120k. Bad people everywhere embarassed! I have work for people in diaspora without meeting them in person and I delivered their work as promised. Artisans are the set of people that supposed to be getting jobs(money) if they relate with their client properly(they will be referred without paying for advert) but No! They will sha Bleep up ni.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Construction updates from this side with love.

6th Week: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Safety and Style: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

#metalprotector #squarerod #window #security

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

; cool

I have this happening near me but I’ll be comfortable doing traditions here because we don’t have the type of load bearing blocks they use here.

I’ll post pics shortly. The build next to mine has precast lintels
load-bearing blocks? is it not make of cement, water and sand?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:
@stevo30
but I won't be comfortable with that lintel/beam, too thin.I think the 6inches thick one would be good but then again it brings us back to the very reason me and baba Egun were arguing about B4 page one of this thread, mechanization in the building industry, lifting of such precast will be nearly impossible cos of weight. Precast lintel and slab would be a good way to go

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
erico2k2:

load-bearing blocks? is it not make of cement, water and sand?

It is made of sand, cement, water and stonedust 1. I must confess that blocks get levels.

The blocks I’m using in Ijebu Ode Countryhome project can survive under extreme and harsh conditions
Likewise, stonedust blocks in maybe some part of Abeokuta or the area where I’ve worked. You need an axe to cut it into 2.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

It is made of sand, cement, water and stonedust 1. I must confess that blocks get levels.

The blocks I’m using in Ijebu Ode Countryhome project can survive under extreme and harsh conditions
Likewise, stonedust blocks in maybe some part of Abeokuta or the area where I’ve worked. You need an axe to cut it into 2.
But some sharp sand is big enough to pass as stone dust though. but again,a house with proper beam has little or limited divination with the strength of bricks, cos you can build a carcass with concrete and walls with plasterboard.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ggee(m): 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello, tried to reach out. Appreciate your contact with shipping.
Enyinne:
Amen . Roofing is another tough area . The money involved is like that of foundation. So finding a way to reduce cost is key as per kobo kobo project .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
On the issue of proper name calling of aluminium.

To me, I feel the clear thing is;

1. Light imported material

2. Thick imported material

3. Tower material.

Alot of artisans use "Tower standard material" which is confusing to clients.

Only few Engineers can identify Tower from Thick imported, not to talk of clients..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
KolaShangOne:
On the issue of proper name calling of aluminium.

To me, I feel the clear thing is;

1. Light imported material

2. Thick imported material

3. Tower material.

Alot of artisans use "Tower standard material" which is confusing to clients.

Only few Engineers can identify Tower from Thick imported, not to talk of clients..

I know what I want and I buy it and ask my fabricator to assemble on site. That approach takes care of a lot of headache.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Various Drawings Used in Building Construction

A construction drawing, otherwise called plan, is the most important thing needed to start a construction project. It is used as idea generation and a guide for the construction process. It illustrates what is to be built and what the finished product will look like when it is completed by visually communicating the design and the information which is required to bring the project into reality to all the workers involved in the construction process.
A construction drawing communicates construction buildings, interior spaces, cabinets, furniture and other objects. It is a scaled, detailed and accurate representation of how the object looks, how it should be constructed and the materials to be used.

- Construction drawings represent the construction project as a whole.
- They are prepared by a team of designers.
- The drawing is prepared before the commencement of the bidding process in a conservative and traditional construction environment.
- It is an official contract document.
- It is subject to mark-ups, change orders, and redefining as the project shapes up.

There are different types of construction drawings categorized based on their functions. The five main categories which also have sub-types are:
- Architectural Drawing
- Structural Drawing
- Electrical Drawing
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawing
- Finishing Drawings

Architectural Drawings
Architectural drawings provide complete view of a building. They demonstrate the location of a building and all its parts as well as where they will be placed. Architectural drawing include:
- Site Plan
- Working Plan
- Section Drawing
- Elevation Drawing

Structural Drawings
The structural drawing gives a complete view of the structure or building. It is often prepared by licensed structural engineers relying on input from architectural drawings. Structural drawing emphasizes load-carrying members such as steel beams, joists, framing materials, etc. of the structure.

This is a unique drawing as it does not address partition walls, plumbing, and mechanical systems, or other details like surface finishes. Structural drawings include:

General Note
This has to do with the codes and by laws of buildings. Though it has no drawings, the details of all the structural drawings such as concrete mix, lapping length, curing time, abbreviation, codes and other work procedures, are mentioned.
Excavation Drawing
Excavation Drawing represents the footing excavation dimension, column position, footing plan and grid lines of column.

Column Layout
Column layout reinforces the design and pattern of the columns of the whole structure. It is divided floor wise and demarcates the exact size and distance between every column of the building. It makes it easier for the contractors to make sense of the whole building layout.

Plinth Beam Layout
It represents the dimensions, position and section of plinth beam and the details of reinforcement in plinth beam.

Lintel Beam Layout
This drawing represents the dimensions, position and section of lintel beam and the details of reinforcement in lintel beam.

Roof Beam and Shuttering Layout
This represents the details of reinforcement of roof beam, its section and shuttering details.

Roof Slab Layout
The main purpose of roof slab layout is to provide a detailed account of the floors, roof faces, and other surfaces that require precise edge information.

Electrical Drawings
It is a type of drawing that describes the location and information of electrical wiring, sub-station, and fixtures. It explains the electrical load calculation. It gives information about lighting, power and communication for engineering or architectural project.

Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings
This is a technical drawing that illustrates the system for pumping water in and out of the building. Equipment, pipes, pumps, and drains, the nature and size of sinks to the location of gas are carefully illustrated in the drawing. It also indicates the position of sanitary, piping for water supply systems, fixtures, and the process to connect every accessory.

Visit www.tigertmt.com for more construction related Blogs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ok
Ggee:
Hello, tried to reach out. Appreciate your contact with shipping.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Paras011:
Various Drawings Used in Building Construction

A construction drawing, otherwise called plan, is the most important thing needed to start a construction project. It is used as idea generation and a guide for the construction process. It illustrates what is to be built and what the finished product will look like when it is completed by visually communicating the design and the information which is required to bring the project into reality to all the workers involved in the construction process.
A construction drawing communicates construction buildings, interior spaces, cabinets, furniture and other objects. It is a scaled, detailed and accurate representation of how the object looks, how it should be constructed and the materials to be used.

- Construction drawings represent the construction project as a whole.
- They are prepared by a team of designers.
- The drawing is prepared before the commencement of the bidding process in a conservative and traditional construction environment.
- It is an official contract document.
- It is subject to mark-ups, change orders, and redefining as the project shapes up.

There are different types of construction drawings categorized based on their functions. The five main categories which also have sub-types are:
- Architectural Drawing
- Structural Drawing
- Electrical Drawing
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawing
- Finishing Drawings

Architectural Drawings
Architectural drawings provide complete view of a building. They demonstrate the location of a building and all its parts as well as where they will be placed. Architectural drawing include:
- Site Plan
- Working Plan
- Section Drawing
- Elevation Drawing

Structural Drawings
The structural drawing gives a complete view of the structure or building. It is often prepared by licensed structural engineers relying on input from architectural drawings. Structural drawing emphasizes load-carrying members such as steel beams, joists, framing materials, etc. of the structure.

This is a unique drawing as it does not address partition walls, plumbing, and mechanical systems, or other details like surface finishes. Structural drawings include:

General Note
This has to do with the codes and by laws of buildings. Though it has no drawings, the details of all the structural drawings such as concrete mix, lapping length, curing time, abbreviation, codes and other work procedures, are mentioned.
Excavation Drawing
Excavation Drawing represents the footing excavation dimension, column position, footing plan and grid lines of column.

Column Layout
Column layout reinforces the design and pattern of the columns of the whole structure. It is divided floor wise and demarcates the exact size and distance between every column of the building. It makes it easier for the contractors to make sense of the whole building layout.

Plinth Beam Layout
It represents the dimensions, position and section of plinth beam and the details of reinforcement in plinth beam.

Lintel Beam Layout
This drawing represents the dimensions, position and section of lintel beam and the details of reinforcement in lintel beam.

Roof Beam and Shuttering Layout
This represents the details of reinforcement of roof beam, its section and shuttering details.

Roof Slab Layout
The main purpose of roof slab layout is to provide a detailed account of the floors, roof faces, and other surfaces that require precise edge information.

Electrical Drawings
It is a type of drawing that describes the location and information of electrical wiring, sub-station, and fixtures. It explains the electrical load calculation. It gives information about lighting, power and communication for engineering or architectural project.

Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings
This is a technical drawing that illustrates the system for pumping water in and out of the building. Equipment, pipes, pumps, and drains, the nature and size of sinks to the location of gas are carefully illustrated in the drawing. It also indicates the position of sanitary, piping for water supply systems, fixtures, and the process to connect every accessory.

Visit www.tigertmt.com for more construction related Blogs

Nice post

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:
@chuckkingston

Pls dm me on +234.80.234...29.122
Okay sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
Focusmind:
I have read people's opinions regarding this issue. MMotimo, n3xt, dongc, dixton etc. Your comments have been noted.

I need to clear the issue on the N120K additional costs. I couldn't get back my refund from hslbroker when I requested for it, neither did I take delivery of the windows as at when due. Even if hslbroker had told me that I would pay additional 300k for the windows, I would still have "deceptively" agreed. Giving Monkey a cup of water is not the problem. The problem is collecting back the cup. You have to outsmart it, beat it to its own game or at very worst, be at par with it to collect back your cup. This was exactly the strategy I employed. MMotimo noted that strategy in his comments.

HSLbroker was duly informed of the additional costs of transportation and nets I was about to pay Adedward. My windows were supposed to come with sliding nets as earlier agreed with hslbroker but he went ahead to instruct Adedward to do fixed nets, which were cheaper. I knew that waiting for him to mobilize Adedward to do sliding nets would be tough. I had to give Adedward the N40K to do the nets, which I also informed hslbroker.

On the transportation cost, he paid only N20k to Adedeward, which was not enough to move the goods to Ajah as the initial money I paid hslbroker was inclusive of transportation to my site within seven days. I had to advance Adedward another N10K, which is to the knowledge of HSLbroker. I told him he should ensure he mobilized Adedward to move the windows, but the funds were not forthcoming from hslbroker.

When I finally got the windows, they were made of "thick imported materials" as against "tower" as agreed with hslbroker. I raised it with him, he did not say anything. I raised it also with Adedward, he said what hslbroker gave him could only do windows made of "thick imported materials" as at that time and that doing windows with "tower" would be more expensive. This was something that could have been avoided if my windows were done as at when due and agreed.

On the issue that I displayed the windows here for people to see, which proved my acceptance of the windows. My brother, that display was at the behest of hslbroker. He requested that I show case the windows as a way of somehow "white washing" his already battered image, which I later got to know. Some discerning minds in this forum got the message that I was trying to "white wash" or do a mini PR for hslbroker. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I did him that favor not to be seen as a stumbling block to his business, which is somehow, against business ethics. The "thick imported materials" made windows have started to show signs of weariness, bending, twisting compare to my other windows made of tower and EBM.

The question now is: hslbroker said I owe him N120K. I spent additional N50k on services he ought to have paid himself, which means, I now "owe" him N70K. Is the N70K sufficient to compensate me for taken delivery of far lower quality " thick imported material" made windows as against "tower" made windows paid for and agreed with hslboker? If I had rejected the windows for not meeting up with specifications, trust me, I wouldn't be able to get refund from hslbroker, neither would I be able to get "tower" made windows from him. I didn't include the 25k I gave Adedward for fixing the broken windows as that was my own way of supporting him to fix the windows, which hslbroker did not cause. So, I did not attribute that cost to hslbroker.

Hslbroker sent me pictures of his sick body, with something that looked like malignant tumors on his skins. I have not met hslbroker before in person and I wouldn't know if the pictures were real, as his integrity and character are unreliable. I wanted to share the pictures for people that have met him to confirm if he was the one and actually sick, but the pictures were too graphic that I had to delete them from my whatsapp. As humans, sometimes, compassion trumps logic and I may be compelled to send something to him as a way of supporting his recovery, count my losses and move on. Not because he was right. These were windows that I could have taken delivery at N300K, with tower material made and now being asked by hslbroker for additional money on the premise that I "agreed" his additional costs and he still delivered below our agreed specifications.

I am happy read that you will send him some money. I take something away from this "Sometimes, compassion trumps logic "

Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:
Safety and Style: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

#metalprotector #squarerod #window #security
please bro this is the true definition of ....

"What I ordered versus what I got". You suppose ask for 1" pipe for the job. That's the only way you can get something close to the original sample. Using square rod even though it's stronger can't get you that design.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abychristy: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dijita:
My cousin will be calling you for the wire he needed for my project.
Pls send me the current price for Coleman of 1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
10mm

Abychristy@yahoo.com

Urgently needed to be delivered to Iyana Ipaja

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
michlins:
please bro this is the true definition of ....

"What I ordered versus what I got". You suppose ask for 1" pipe for the job. That's the only way you can get something close to the original sample. Using square rod even though it's stronger can't get you that design.

Yeah... it’s a true definition of pictures do lie.

If I go more than the thickness of the rod chosen, we won’t achieve the original design.

The square rod used here is the same thickness as a 16mm iron rod. Take a look at the close shot.

Remember, the intent of the design is safety and style which no pipe can give.

Anyway, I have tons of rods and pipes on site to play with in case this didn’t work out. All these are done at no cost to my client.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
PrinceLat:
I am a very private person, in short I don’t know why I am doing this, as I have never mediated in anything nairaland banters.

But this situation touches me so much ( focusmind, adedward and hslbroker2)
I am not here to apportion blame or judge who did what and who is right or wrong, but to plead with the parties to give peace a chance.

Truly focusmind had the intention of paying 300k for the job,
Hslborker couldn’t deliver based on the agreed date,
He contracted it instead to Adedward (due to his been indisposed)

Adedward took on the job but with a higher price margin, communicated it to Hslborker, He in turn communicated it to focusmind, in between this back and forth there was a verbal agreement for the job to be done with knowledge of the client ,albeit with some (just do it , but I will do what is in my mind).

Based on the above facts from the three of them, it can be deduced that , truly from all indications Hslbroker messed up on the delivery date, but made up for it by using his personal funds to get the job done, with the knowledge of the client.
The additional money given to Adedward is for the alteration in the job (nets and broken glass) but look at it from this angle.

Hslbroker did not use the money instead to treat himself or for other things and say because he was sick he couldn’t deliver, he made efforts. In the process its obvious he has now run at a loss (420k he gave adedward that the client was aware of minus 300k the client gave him) meaning he is at a loss of 120k, bearing in mind that he didn’t make profit from this job.

I just want to plead that the number of months that has elapsed is enough punishment for him loosing the said amount , but the good thing is the job was done, client has received the job with the knowledge that it was done at a greater amount than he initially paid for.

So please Focusmind I plead with you to find a way to reimburse him for the loss (God bless you more than your expectations) and just look at what he has gone thru while he was ill. (it’s a plea)

A wise man once said, what is necessary for the triumph of evil is for a good man/person/people to look on and do nothing.

Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.......

this is just a humble submission, times are hard, money is not easy to see and i understand everybody is feeling it.

Lemme borrow the popular slang here,
Please I come in peace th
thanks for ur words boss,
( The issues) it's a pity for hsl broker dat run loss for this, I think I called him like 20 times den about the prices of things in market den,
But without any gud answer, I already know dat hsl will run loss for this because changing in prices everyday, almighty God will visit him, in aboundantly, everyone here dats business with me know me very well, I don't do such a thing, to my clients, I have many withnss here, if we are doing in business and price are getting high, I will inform the client many times to know dat things are getting higher every blessed day, thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

Yeah... it’s a true definition of pictures do lie.

If I go more than the thickness of the rod chosen, we won’t achieve the original design.

The square rod used here is the same thickness as a 16mm iron rod. Take a look at the close shot.

Remember, the intent of the design is safety and style which no pipe can give.

Anyway, I have tons of rods and pipes on site to play with in case this didn’t work out. All these are done at no cost to my client.
you suppose know better. Aesthetics are as important as safety. I can't build a prison because I want to keep thieves out of my house. Even some prisons where they will likely end up no go bad. If you're willing to play with designs and want to achieve at 80% of the original concept, it will cost you a fortune.

Use 2mm square pipe of 1" pipe to do this job and you can get what you want without compromising on safety.

Bear in mind that 18ft length of such will buy at least two lengths of that 16mm rod. But you will get what you want

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
michlins:
you suppose know better. Aesthetics are as important as safety. I can't build a prison because I want to keep thieves out of my house. Even some prisons where they will likely end up no go bad. If you're willing to play with designs and want to achieve at 80% of the original concept, it will cost you a fortune.

Use 2mm square pipe of 1" pipe to do this job and you can get what you want without compromising on safety.

Bear in mind that 18ft length of such will buy at least two lengths of that 16mm rod. But you will get what you want

Here you go, pick one. Don’t worry about the frame for now.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

Here you go, pick one. Don’t worry about the frame for now.
1" over them all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
michlins:
1" over them all

Me I’ll chose square rod any day anytime. But that’s just me...

Next to it will be a 3/4in pipe. The 1in pipe looks too bogus for me. Again that’s just me anyway.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

Next >> Cantilevered Slab, Fin and Grills

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

Next to it will be a 3/4in pipe. The 1in pipe looks too bogus for me. Again that’s just me anyway.

I will go for square rod as well. The concept is square rod. Any other material apart from square rod will murder the concept.

Your client should "close eye" and use square rod. If funds are the issue, look for another concept that will fit other materials.

For this concept o, square rod is it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
diordaves:

I will go for square rod as well. The concept is square rod. Any other material apart from square rod will murder the concept.

Your client should "close eye" and use square rod. If funds are the issue, look for another concept that will fit other materials.

For this concept o, square rod is it.

Yeah! I always try as much as possible to design my window protectors with minimal materials so it doesn’t steal all the attention.

This concept works because our eyes and brains only have a finite amount of attention to give to a design.

I do the bold stuffs outdoor while the minimalists theory is always at play indoors to give the eyes few items to consider.

But once again, this is just me.

______

Pic 1 - my custom-built kitchen door metal protector (16mm square rod)

Pic 2 - bold square pipe slat design in my generator house used to create accent. Otherwise the gen house would be boring

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
n3xt:

2mm thickness 3/4" square pipe will do a fantastic job as per strength and beauty for the piece. Welding and finishing also will come out pretty nice with it. Just like this piece

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
dapotemi:

Please, what can 120k change in a man's life? with two children o! On this platform, i called an architect and we agreed on a certain amount for a 3 bed plan. We agreed on payment. Later i called and demanded for some modification, he said no problem but i will add more money, we agreed on what to add and he proceed. After few days he called that the modification cannot work due to the size of the land and he propose another type of modification, again we agreed. Later again, he called that all modification (mine and his) cannot work and that we should revert back to the first plan, grudgingly i said okay just revert back to our initial plan, the very first one. Abeg, is it not expected that we revert back to the old price that we initially agreed on. Na so this guy finish work seize my plan o, asking for balance. I told him balance is for modification, now there is no modification so which balance. We almost resort to threat and he later bulge. I dont know how you guys do it o, but using people online is tough. I'm planning to use another one again, but fear dey catch me. My job is tough, I dont have time, i dont have energy.

We Nigerians are useless people
all we know is how to scam
small, small thief
Just sad the type of people the nation called Nigeria produce
Money is God to all Nigerians
A failed nation and people
No major world companies will put their African or West Africa HQ in Nigeria
we are bad people
We Nigerians think we smart pass the whole world
see what is happening to that country
People that don't have respect for law-- that is the problem with Nigerians
If we have respect for law, You will know the law will catch up with you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Etranshub:
2mm thickness 3/4" square pipe will do a fantastic job as per strength and beauty for the piece. Welding and finishing also will come out pretty nice with it. Just like this piece

3/4” square pipe is my 2nd option as it seems pretty perfect for the design in terms of balance and strength.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice finishing as always. Good job!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: adeememman(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.