Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390255 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 3:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Kobocity - The journey and construction diary of a self builder

https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/224

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2021
hslbroker2:

thank you sir, I told him I am indisposed

I sent him pictures, video of my indisposement

I told him I want to return the money he refused and while the project lag is because he didn't want pay the balance until the windows are deliver wish means I was striving to get the balance to give the person that will deliver it because without the balance the work can't not be deliver.

Sir, are you sure your claims are truly correct?
Are you sure you abided with the terms of the contract?
Are you sure you are thoroughly faultless concerning the job?
Let's always try to satisfy our clients/customers. Let's always try to be men of our words.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2021
uncleteeh:

Sir, are you sure your claims are truly correct?
Are you sure you abided with the terms of the contract?
Are you sure you are thoroughly faultless concerning the job?
Let's always try to satisfy our clients/customers. Let's always try to be men of our words.
yes, he only don't want to pay me the balance after receiving his work, if am not trying to satisfy him, I would not be paying N420k for the job he paid me N300K and promise to balance me once the job is deliver.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2021
bobkezel:

Good evening bro, pls I am on tight budget, what do you suggest I do?
I suggest you do this job right now if you have the funds. Waiting is wrong cause prices are definitely going to change. Even if am not the person who is going to do the job for you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:22am On Apr 21, 2021
ChuckKingston:

Alright sir. Here you go.

Firstly, my choice of this course - building - was greatly influenced by my zealous quest to be not just a major player but to also initiate and drive new innovations in the construction industry at large.

I am usually fascinated by how simple plans on paper are converted to jaw dropping structures on site. My curiosity to know how it's done pushed me to constantly visit the multi-billion mega construction projects (currently handled by Benton Bau after taking over from Quintec) going on in my school to not just feed my eyes but to also learn the practical nitty gritty of all the theories that I've been learning from my seasoned professors and lecturers.

I do not just seek to fulfill all righteousness by hooking up with some random construction firm just to pass time and fill my log book, I desire to be mentored by an experienced construction professional. I desire to learn and be equipped with a grounded orientation of site operations and also the realities of construction practice in the Nigerian terrain that cannot be learnt in the classroom.

For the records sake, I am a little above beginner in the use of AutoCAD and Ms Project software. I am very much open to perfect my skills in it if I get an opportunity.
I am highly adventurous but very cautious too, I am a deep thinker, a fast and willing learner, I also relish thinking out solutions to real life problems.

I look forward to getting a positive response from you sir.

And perhaps I failed to convince you, kindly advice me on what to do to improve myself as I strongly believe that failing is an opportunity for me to become better.

Warm regards.

Good morning great guy. I’ll attend to this later today.

Nairaland spambot locked all my accounts out since yesterday.

XL6 Trillion | Atrium House - Project resume this morning.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2021
Two block of Flat still available for sale at Ojoo area,Ibadan..Interested buyers should contact me please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning house.... We are to serve you better... 08162811003
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2021
michlins:
I suggest you do this job right now if you have the funds. Waiting is wrong cause prices are definitely going to change. Even if am not the person who is going to do the job for you

Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning..

we are available for your roofing woods,
woodwork and materials.
contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 10:20am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning world.

Contact us for your bespoke metal works. If it's made with metal and you pretty and cool then we are the right plug.

https://www.nairaland.com/4744133/showroom-exotic-bespoke-metal-works

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2021
DUNKA:
In my opinion to settle this mater let both parties split the loss I.e @focusmind send 60k to hslbroker since there seems to be miscommunication by both parties.

Have you forgotten Focusmind paid 75k to Adedward again? That means he will be spending 435k for a job initially quoted 300k. If he was a contractor, that's huge variation for him.

I think its time for Oga @Adedward to tall about these monies.

Also, Oga @Hslbroker claims he wanted to refund @focusmind but he didnt accept. Is this true?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning everyone am blessedsunny2
New arrival of your wooden tiles
Made in Spain available �
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047
Block 10 shop 55 agric market Odun-ade bus stop badagry expressway Coker-Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2021
Etranshub:
Good morning world.

Contact us for your bespoke metal works. If it's made with metal and you pretty and cool then we are the right plug.

https://www.nairaland.com/4744133/showroom-exotic-bespoke-metal-works

Quite a long time. Well done!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godspeed: 11:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2021
Aventures:

If you can work in Lekki Axis, please call.my line 08023142108. You may have opportunity to involve in a piling construction of a commercial building, we did the structural design and also the consultant structural engineer. Best of Luck
Top of the morning to you sir.
Thank you for the privilege to work with you.
I will give you a call so we can talk better sir.
Thank you once again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2021
n3xt:

Good morning great guy. I’ll attend to this later today.

Nairaland spambot locked all my accounts out since yesterday.

XL6 Trillion | Atrium House - Project resume this morning.
Okay sir.
I await your response sir.
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godspeed: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
gameboy55:

wall screed 2m, damn

there is a very very cheap way to achieve dat with less than 50k (depending on the size of your project) and to me its best, becos it does not peel off after sometime like that of top bond nd pop combination

in south here, its called plaster screeding, WHY because, its goes along with your plastering

as soon as the walls is plastered and allowed to dry (to the point if you apply force on it won't spoil the job) you mix few quantity of pop cement with water nd add a little quantity of black cement nd stir properly

use a screeding brush to apply the solution on your plastered walls and smooth with sand paper wen dry

its very beautiful (very smooth nd cellophane like walls)
its the cheapest method you can get
nd it last longer than top bond method which paints usually peels off on most occasions

I used just one bag of pop cement for both inside, outside, and parapet screeding for my 4bedroom bungalow with labour not up to 40k. It was done by those doing the plastering

the attacted fence including the four sides inside fence walls (100 by 50) was done with half bag of pop cement. labour was less than 30k.

Boss,

I sent an email to u.

U may share the contact of the guys who helped u with this or let's talk via e mail.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Viktoreze(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
“If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third. And, lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”
John Paulson, investor and multi-billionaire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naIraiaND: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
check out this link if you are planning to install stamped concrete in your house.
very affordable rate.

https://www.nairaland.com/4450471/stamped-concrete-4500-flat-per
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mamavee1: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
What you need to know about Land Documentation in Nigeria (PART 1):

https://blog.aimartrealtors.com/land-documentation-in-nigeria/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mamavee1: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
What you need to know about Land Documentation in Nigeria (PART 2):

[url]https://blog.aimartrealtors.com/land-documentation-in-nigeria-part-2/[/url]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
Viktoreze:
“If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third. And, lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”
John Paulson, investor and multi-billionaire
Viktoreze U go "lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ibk2020:
pls who know where I can buy this type of marble stone in Nigeria and what price is it per SQM.

pls is there any other recommendations for entrance and pillars decor?
I Know a seller in ilorin , I can connect you to him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
GoodFaith:

Viktoreze U go "lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”

I know precisely 2 people who have done it.
And the relatives have repaid the loan within the agreed stipulated time frame.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
How do you sell this beautiful tiles?
Blessedsunny2:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

Lovely

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Well done.
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
Sample versus what we actually did.

It's a job in progress though as I haven't fully added the accessories

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Smile, I have nothing to say, about this issues I don't want to talk sir, if u listen to both of them very well I know u will gets the truth of this, bye for now,
KolaShangOne:

Have you forgotten Focusmind paid 75k to Adedward again? That means he will be spending 435k for a job initially quoted 300k. If he was a contractor, that's huge variation for him.

I think its time for Oga @Adedward to tall about these monies.

Also, Oga @Hslbroker claims he wanted to refund @focusmind but he didnt accept. Is this true?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
n3xt:

Quite a long time. Well done!
Gracias boss man... I dey oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SurveyorLAS and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.