Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430453 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
somehow:

Having a roof over your head is actually not an investment because you are not going to be earning from such.

And yes, investing your fund into real estate is an investment and way better than banking that same fund.

In Nigeria because we mostly don't do mortgage, we build cash from savings, a roof over your head is an investment. You stop paying rent with the house appreciating in value if maintained periodically. You may not be getting immediate cash. Think about it as a pension fund.

If you are paying funds into a pension fund in lieu of when you retire, is that an investment as you are not earning immediately from it ? Of course it is an investment.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

The white pattern on the shingle roof MUST align. This work is not perfect. Did the roofer not notice it?
who is this, what do u know about construction
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oya Baba bring buyer nau cool
baba I dey with u

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:
#AITRoofingProject by Hslbroker2 and Mountmoriah

we done 100 percent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:

I live in a house with shingle. I see my roof everyday. If you do that type of job for me, you must return my money in full.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:
#AITRoofingProject

As requested by the client, we provide him updates here.

6:00am April 27, 2021 - Kobocity representative out to meet with the contractor to ascertain the quality of the material being delivered and to follow up the delivery process.

Contractors: Mountmoriah & Hslbroker2
Expected Delivery Date: Within 72 Hours

This update is powered by kobocity.com

My name is Brabus and I’m just a mouthpiece.

______
No be all of us sabi tear down other people. We help our verified contractors/suppliers setup systems and processes to help them become better.
thank u baba, we came, we saw, we conquer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:

No need to be so defensive. Just explain and educate. Our blood too dey hot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

I live in a house with shingle. I see my roof everyday. If you do that type of job for me, you must return my money in full.
if u come to the site, u will appreciate what I did
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
We are completed 50years warranry

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
diordaves:

No need to be so defensive. Just explain and educate. Our blood too dey hot.
OK, this is the best sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:
u are nothing but an ingrate, u are a destroyed, I know useless people like you here on nairaland. Idiot

Oga, no go there. that is a poor job, The people that made that pattern made it for a reason.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

Oga, no go there. that is a poor job, The people that made that pattern made it for a reason.

We did this job 100 percent accurate without no leakages

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

what is your profession before I can answers u properly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:

Were you expecting leaks on a new roof? See it would not have cost you or the client anything to have that pattern right. But you did it the wrong way, of which you have refused to accept criticism.

See, if you like curse me till tomorrow, I will still point out your mistake in your face.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:
what is your profession before I can answers u properly

I am in a profession where people take criticism with open mind. In fact every job I do most be criticized It is a requirement.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
somehow:

Having a roof over your head is actually not an investment because you are not going to be earning from such.

And yes, investing your fund into real estate is an investment and way better than banking that same fund.

Except if you’re smart and build a fourplex, live in one and rent out three. Give it to a management company and then you get to bitch at the owner with the other tenants grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
diordaves:

S/he who is into land banking.

Have some liquid cash in the bank for everyday running cost and for the raining day. Anything above this, bank it in land. In Nigeria, if you buy wisely, land banking interest rate is higher than brick and mortar bank.

With land, you buy to wait. You don't wait to buy or else you will buy at the upper end.

With water tower, you harvest gravity to give you good water pressure.

With solar, you harvest the sun energy to give you electricity.

With land, you harvest TIME to give you cash. This is what is meant by TIME na MONEY.

Advice my grandma gave me.

I thank my clients who trust me with their land banking needs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
Cough cough!

This one is kinda tough though but we gat to do what we gat to do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

I am in a profession where people take criticism with open mind. In fact every job I do most be criticized It is a requirement.

Greetings baba, thanks for sharing with us.

Your point well noted and are very valid. I’m also very sorry for the way my paddy responded to you.

True, true body dey hot for everywhere in naija grin

Please accept my sincere apologies over this.

So let’s talk about the issue raised, the causes and how to forestall such in the future.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

Greetings baba, thanks for sharing with us.

Your point well noted and are very valid. I’m also very sorry for the way my paddy responded to you.

True, true body dey hot for everywhere in naija grin

Please accept my sincere apologies over this.

So let’s talk about the issue raised, the causes and how to forestall such in the future.

rightly said.. hsl should have explained without been defensive

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
Immediately I saw your message, I had to rush back and check the pictures vis-a-vis the issue raised and also conduct a nairaland search using the keywords “nairaland shingle patches”

Guess what? Most of the installs I saw aren’t different from the pic shared.

To be honest with you, I’ve not used shingles with patches before on any of my installs and I really don’t pay attention to the patterns or then designs. But raising this issue tonight, I decided in the last few minutes to study the design and understand why the misalignment.

Is it as a result of bad installation? Or doing all the installer can do to minimize wastage?

Let me continue on part 3 grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

we as a science, no people like u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
diordaves:

In Nigeria because we mostly don't do mortgage, we build cash from savings, a roof over your head is an investment. You stop paying rent with the house appreciating in value if maintained periodically. You may not be getting immediate cash. Think about it as a pension fund.

If you are paying funds into a pension fund in lieu of when you retire, is that an investment as you are not earning immediately from it ? Of course it is an investment.

That you stopped paying rent does not make it an investment sir.

Is owing a private car for no better example an investment afterall it will stop you from paying to take public bus?

If you understand deeply the meaning of investment, you'd know that what you buy/build/own for personal consumption can't be said to be an investment except you plan to sell it from the get go.

That it looks like an 'investment' does not make it an investment.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
sonnie10:

Were you expecting leaks on a new roof? See it would not have cost you or the client anything to have that pattern right. But you did it the wrong way, of which you have refused to accept criticism.

See, if you like curse me till tomorrow, I will still point out your mistake in your face.
we are 100 percent accurate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
somehow:

Those who understands exchange rate, purchasing power, inflation and money in general especially naira.

What if you earn in naira... What happens?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
Would anyone here be happy to have a straight white line and use extra 50sqm of materials while trying to achieve symmetry or alignment?

I’m sure the bigger ogas in the house can afford to do that but definitely not my firiend who said he does not have mb to post pics yesternight. grin grin

Unless the roofs are made to exact measurement of the shingles, I doubt there can be a perfect alignment of the patterns.

Please don’t take me too serious on this. I joke too much sometimes.

Except the owner of the project is happy to sacrifice extra 50sqm to achieve a perfect alignment of the sheets, I think the installer is not really at fault here. It’s more of a design error.

A perfect solution would have been to have special designs for the valley points, the hip and joints of the roof especially areas where the materials will be trimmed off.

Without this, a 100sqm roof will require about 120sqm of shingles to get perfect alignment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
somehow:

Having a roof over your head in this context means owning your own home... This is an investment as you would not be oblidged to pay your landlord yearly.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Except if you’re smart and build a fourplex, live in one and rent out three. Give it to a management company and then you get to bitch at the owner with the other tenants grin

Yes chief, if you build to collect rent or even sell, you've invested and an investor in real estate.

That is why I said except you are building for rentage, lease or outright sale, having a personal roof over your head can't be an investment in its true sense.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
diordaves:

S/he who is into land banking.

Have some liquid cash in the bank for everyday running cost and for the raining day. Anything above this, bank it in land. In Nigeria, if you buy wisely, land banking interest rate is higher than brick and mortar bank.

With land, you buy to wait. You don't wait to buy or else you will buy at the upper end.

With water tower, you harvest gravity to give you good water pressure.

With solar, you harvest the sun energy to give you electricity.

With land, you harvest TIME to give you cash. This is what is meant by TIME na MONEY.

Advice my grandma gave me.

Very apt.

Your grandma sabi smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

Having a roof over your head in this context means owning your own home... This is an investment as you would not be oblidged to pay your landlord yearly.

You can do a little research to understand the difference, cant stress it sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
hslbroker2:

How can you know there is no leakage when it has not yet rained?

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

What if you earn in naira... What happens?

naira is one of the worst currency to keep as a store of value.

Inflation will send you to the village.

What 1000 can buy 2 months ago has raptured. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gameboy55, Rany4all(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.