Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377078 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

You can still use the granite for the foundation work. You’ll also need it for other concrete works in the house

- lintels and beams
- septic tank and inspection chambers
- fence work
- gate columns
- compound flooring

Cavity wall is the wall that divide your flats.

Fence work has been done halfway with blocks,agte columns also, already erected,

Ok.. How can I guarantee the durability and capability of the stone dust block, these manufacturers seems not to be trust worthy...

Boss Pls recommend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

If you need a sure plug for a very strong casement window with embedded burglar proof, I’d suggest you check out emmadejust on nairaland and kobocity.com.

Okay thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2021
Adedward:
u can use 12mm or 16mm burglaries or choose the burglaries I posted here yesterday, I think dats will be strong enough sir,
Okay
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi it’s your house. Use any window that gives you pride as you drive up after surviving the day in today’s Nigeria. Making it home is a blessing.

You have a choice, casement or sliding, price wise difference in cost is negligible.

Consider how often you’ll be opening and closing windows. Sliding is super easy when quality materials are used. With casement you have to stick your hand out into unknown.

Good luck on finishing project. Looks fantastic.

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2021
Erums:

Fence work has been done halfway with blocks,agte columns also, already erected,

Ok.. How can I guarantee the durability and capability of the stone dust block, these manufacturers seems not to be trust worthy...

Boss Pls recommend

I’ll make contact with some of the guys that supply our projects (Government Residential schemes) in Abeokuta and revert.

They make blocks to specification
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waley007(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
chidi4eze:
Good morning
Please what kind of windows would you suggest for this building. Location is Port Harcourt
is it aluminium that is used for this parapet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
chidi4eze:
Good morning
Please what kind of windows would you suggest for this building. Location is Port Harcourt

The size and shape of the window openings scream casement

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:
Those who waited in January when cement was 2900 will struggle to buy now that the price is pegged at 3500 - 4,000

Delay is dangerous.

Very dangerous Amigo.

In my opinion, extra money in bank is near worthless investment wise.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

I woke up this morning to a request by a client to inspire him the best of naija build in contemporary and vernacular architecture.

More inspiration and best of naija architecture on kobocity.com

Change is inevitable. It’ll be unkind to those unprepared.

#ChangingLandscape

Of all the structures na this one be house that is a HOME. The kerb appeal is warm, well crafted, sincere and full of character that will stand the test of time like a good evergreen song wey no dey fade. Reminds me so much of Ikoyi colonial houses.

The others are just lazy, brutalist and cold commercial disposition masquerading as a home with absolutely no character that will stand the test of time.

Well, ancient and modern: some like in the pot three days old.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
diordaves:

Of all the structures na this one be house that is a HOME. The kerb appeal is warm, well crafted, sincere and full of character that will stand the test of time like a good evergreen song wey no dey fade. Reminds me so much of Ikoyi colonial houses.

The others are just lazy, brutalist and cold commercial disposition masquerading as a home with absolutely no character that will stand the test of time.

Well, ancient and modern: some like in the pot three days old.

We know. He don do grin grin

One thing you’ll agree with me is “Building masterpiece like this requires great expertise. It’s not in the class of “slap and fix construction”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
Footstradamus:

The size and shape of the window openings scream casement

Exactly. If it’s wider, sliding or projected with fixed can work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2021
For the Saint Diordavies’ | Anti-Flat Roof Geng grin

Nice curb appeal is the hallmark of this countryhome.

Want more? Check me out on kobocity.com

We design great homes. It’s not cheap though.
_________

@diordavies I’m playing your vibe now o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

_________

Etisalat: Now you are talking!

When you see house, you self go say uhmm uhmm, this person really cool down build this house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
waley007:
is it aluminium that is used for this parapet
No. I used cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Are you done with your woodwork and you need an optimum roofing service? BEST ROOFING MATERIALS LIMITED is here to provide you with best service. We are into

*Importation of roofing materials
*Supply and Installation of Aluminium roof. Stone coated roofing tiles, Aluminium doors and windows, water collector.

All products and materials are imported from New Zealand with affordable price.

We supply nationwide.

For more information please call 08088000310, 08059005022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
Are you done with your woodwork and you need an optimum roofing service? STAR SUN LIMITED is here to provide you with best service. We are into

*Importation of roofing materials
*Supply and Installation of Aluminium roof. Stone coated roofing tiles, Aluminium doors and windows, water collector.

All products and materials are imported from New Zealand with affordable price.

We supply nationwide.

For more information please call 08088000310, 08059005022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waley007(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
chidi4eze:

No. I used cement
ok sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
#AITRoofingProject by Hslbroker2 and Mountmoriah

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Very dangerous Amigo.

In my opinion, extra money in bank is near worthless investment wise.

Whoever keeps Naira in the bank for long is not wise financially.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

>> Steel Trusses

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:

_________

Very nice

What style is this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmadejust(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

>> Steel Trusses

How is it gonna be lifted up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
rmx:

Very nice

What style is this

Neoclassical Architecture Style

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
somehow:

Whoever keeps Naira in the bank for long is not wise financially.

So who is wise financially?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2021
Proposal vs Construction

>>> neoclassical architecture by Baron Architects

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
emmadejust:

How is it gonna be lifted up

Very easy. Just wait for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

In my opinion it’s someone who invests in at least specific real estate.

I’m not into coins but I’ve heard good returns.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

In my opinion it’s someone who invests in at least specific real estate.

I’m not into coins but I’ve heard good returns.

You are correct Sir.

Having a roof over your head or investments in real estate is one of the best forms of investments that lasts a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

Those who understands exchange rate, purchasing power, inflation and money in general especially naira.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

You are correct Sir.

Having a roof over your head or investments in real estate is one of the best forms of investments that lasts a lifetime.

Having a roof over your head is actually not an investment because you are not going to be earning from such.

And yes, investing your fund into real estate is an investment and way better than banking that same fund.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
pussiboner:

S/he who is into land banking.

Have some liquid cash in the bank for everyday running cost and for the raining day. Anything above this, bank it in land. In Nigeria, if you buy wisely, land banking interest rate is higher than brick and mortar bank.

With land, you buy to wait. You don't wait to buy or else you will buy at the upper end.

With water tower, you harvest gravity to give you good water pressure.

With solar, you harvest the sun energy to give you electricity.

With land, you harvest TIME to give you cash. This is what is meant by TIME na MONEY.

Advice my grandma gave me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
n3xt:
#AITRoofingProject by Hslbroker2 and Mountmoriah

The white pattern on the shingle roof MUST align. This work is not perfect. Did the roofer not notice it?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: miracle1997 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.