Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368668 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2021
gbadexy:

What type of paint do you want to use.
Experience has shown that you can get more spread by using a primer first before painting.
The primer would act as the sacrificial coat and the wall would absorb the primer and get stabilized.
That way, the more expensive finish paint isn't overly absorbed and it won't peel easily.

What is the cost of dulux gallon Weather Shield
31k about?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olypm(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
How much will cost to build 5 bedrooms bungalow as of now, just normal bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
gbadexy:

What type of paint do you want to use.
Experience has shown that you can get more spread by using a primer first before painting.
The primer would act as the sacrificial coat and the wall would absorb the primer and get stabilized.
That way, the more expensive finish paint isn't overly absorbed and it won't peel easily.
I want to use the best paint out there. My builder actually brought someone who gave me a quote. I want to understand it so I can critique it. He just out gallons of this and that and prices but I need to be able to know if the quantities make sense after which we can tackle prices and labor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
bixton:

So as a trained economist and trade consultant can you give us your personalized definition of what an "investment" means ?

It seems your explanation is an advanced level of investment. Maybe those type done at the PhD level.

bixton you no hear say I don rest my case.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
GoodFaith:

31k about?
I have no idea but with the high cost of materials, I won't be surprised.
Their gallon is 5 liters though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
flexyonline:

I want to use the best paint out there. My builder actually brought someone who gave me a quote. I want to understand it so I can critique it. He just out gallons of this and that and prices but I need to be able to know if the quantities make sense after which we can tackle prices and labor
Maybe you want to use many different colours, hence the reason he quoted in gallons.
Different brands have different prices and you can only criticize confirm against the official price of the products.
I produce my own brand of paint and can only talk about pricing and quantity based on my product.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
gbadexy:

Maybe you want to use many different colours, hence the reason he quoted in gallons.
Different brands have different prices and you can only criticize confirm against the official price of the products.
I produce my own brand of paint and can only talk about pricing and quantity based on my product.
Will you like to provide me a quote for the job? If so, we can arrange to meet up on location so you can scope it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
flexyonline:

Will you like to provide me a quote for the job? If so, we can arrange to meet up on location so you can scope it
I would be glad to. Where's the site and when can I send a painter over to give quantity required.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
gbadexy:

I would be glad to. Where's the site and when can I send a painter over to give quantity required.
How do I reach you outside of here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
GoodFaith:

31k about?

Bought it at 33k a month ago.

Bought yesterday at 38k.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
flexyonline:

How do I reach you outside of here?
07082715846. Whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Bought it at 33k a month ago.

Bought yesterday at 38k.

Paid 31k in Benin for gallon oh
What about the drum ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SeniorGee(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
bixton:

So you mean with this the septic/soakaway tank does not need to be evacuated for those that get filled............

So what's the duration after first usage and how is it used...

To use, pour the contents in the WC and flush
Depending on how full the septic tank is you may need to do monthly till it goes down, then every 3-6months.

Your normal septic tank will surely get filled because of the water, but the action of the enzymes in the system make the water environment friendly..
WhatsApp me let's chat more

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
GoodFaith:

What about the drum ?
Price for my drum of washable silk!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
GoodFaith:

What about the drum ?

Maybe its different o..

I bought Jazmine white, Silk (Satin) 20litre drum for that price.

Also bought Matt Emulsion same price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
Let me drop this one here. cheesy

Sustainable Interiors......

This is What we know how to do Best.... cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Maybe its different o..

I bought Jazmine white, Silk (Satin) 20litre drum for that price.

Also bought Matt Emulsion same price.

This is 4 liter gallon 31k dulux Weather Shield
The drum 20 liter Silk (Satin) price. 40k dulux

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oyinua: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
Currently selling, for more information you can reach the architect on 08166442339

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
GoodFaith:

This is 4 liter gallon 31k dulux Weather Shield
The drum 20 liter Silk (Satin) price. 40k dulux
aside from the branding,why should anyone pay this high
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
Let me drop this one here. cheesy

Sustainable Interiors......

This is What we know how to do Best.... cool

Your work or internet image?

I’m asked to be on your case o cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

>>> Last and Final Milestone (Carcass)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
#SteelTrusses

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
Anyone building/installing bio-digester tanks here?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hello Greenville Badore | Hotel Development

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:
Anyone building/installing bio-digester tanks here?

Cc rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 4:10am On May 01, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:28am On May 01, 2021
n3xt:

Your work or internet image?

I’m asked to be on your case o cool

Oga Mi. This one is an internet image.
Surely we can Replicate this idea. cool

We did something like this for a client. The only difference was the adornments & style.
Because the Client wanted Heavy lightings stuff. grin just like one of my oga here would say “some like it in the Pot three days old” cheesy

I would check & send you the clip.

Modified : just sent you a short clip.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 7:24am On May 01, 2021
Please could someone help me understand the major difference between TV console made of POP cement and that made of plasterboard.

Which of this is ideally cheaper and more durable? I know one can hardly tell the difference once the two are screeded and painted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2021
sinorte:
Please could someone help me understand the major difference between TV console made of POP cement and that made of plasterboard.

Which of this is ideally cheaper and more durable? I know one can hardly tell the difference once the two are screeded and painted.
the one with plaster board usually come out better and stronger #persona opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 7:45am On May 01, 2021
sinorte:

I would rather pay higher to get a nice wood board TV console than to go for the pop version.
I think the Pop version will soon go out of fashion.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 8:02am On May 01, 2021
twinskenny:
the one with plaster board usually come out better and stronger #persona opinion

Thank you for your opinion on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itzkingtimmy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.