Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377744 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

If it’s about time and money, adopting a 12 year old is cheaper than raising a baby.

You just find yourself with a grown-child without paying the price.

A shelter over a man’s head is a thing of pride and not actually an investment.

You spend more to maintain that shelter than when you live in a shared apartment.

I know I said I rest my case but...........................

I will not comment on your adoption investment strategy. That is some wack economics.

You and this maintenance of a thing.

I don't know the house you've built for your family and I don't know the kind of houses you build for your clients. But take it from me: Any house (normal family residential) that you spend more than N100 per month on maintenance is not a properly build house. A properly built house runs itself maintenance-free for years!!!!

A shared apartment in Lekki (as you no let us rest with Lekki) will set you back about say N100, 000 a month ( I'm going by the figures you've posted here in the past). So I repeat myself: any house you build for your client or for your family that they need to spend 100k per month for maintaining the house is not a properly built house.

So I'm struggling to see the scenario where rent is cheaper than living in your own home because the cost of maintaining the home is killing. Which kind house be that and who build that kind house?

Mind you, the above is said with a proviso that you "deeply understand" what maintenance is and you will carry out research (google) on maintenance. tongue

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

Exactly! She was even borrowing her husband monies to pay the rent and to move his project forward with interest grin grin

I didn’t suspect a thing until she later told me when we were almost at finishing stage.

#smartinvestors

And they are legally married?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
diordaves:

I will not comment on your adoption investment strategy. That is some wack economics.

I don't know the house you've built for your family and I don't know the kind of houses you build for your clients. But take it from me: Any house (normal family residential) that you spend more than N100 per month on maintenance is not a properly build house. A properly built house runs itself maintenance-free for years!!!!

A shared apartment in Lekki (as you no let us rest with Lekki) will set you back about say N100, 000 a month ( I'm going by the figures you've posted here in the past). So I repeat myself: any house you build for your client or for your family that they need to spend 100k per month for maintaining the house is not a properly built house.

So I'm struggling to see the scenario where rent is cheaper than living in your own home because the cost of maintaining the home is killing. Which kind house be that and who build that kind house?

Mind you, the above is said with a proviso that you "deeply understand" what maintenance is and you will carry out research (google) on maintenance. tongue

Let’s push it to 250k per month sir and N3m per annum.

It’s still cheaper than living in a N40m house because people like us knew exactly what to do with 35m that will yield 50% ROI within a year.

We’d comfotable doing this in any location grin grin
Be it in our own house, a hotel or a rented apartment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

Yes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

Yes.

Uhm, you see nothing wrong in this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

lol I doubt it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

Let’s push it to 250k per month sir and N3m per annum.

It’s still cheaper than living in a N40m house because people like us knew exactly what to do with 35m that will yield 50% ROI within a year.

We’d comfotable doing this in any location grin grin
Be it in our own house, a hotel or a rented apartment.

What if the person living in a 40m house owns multiple houses raking in the so called 50% ROI?

To rake in 50% ROI yearly, you must have first recovered the amount spent on building the property(ies) which can't be done within 5 years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
twinskenny:
lol I doubt it

They’re not just legally married. The wife is a lawyer and the husband is a popular pastor.

How about that?

somehow:

I wasn’t looking for wrong or right. I was engaged to do a job.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
twinskenny:
lol I doubt it

I thought I was alone in the confusion o

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

They’re not just legally married. The wife is a lawyer and the husband is a popular pastor.

How about that?

I wasn’t looking for wrong or right. I was engaged to do a job.

yea but to me, this isn't a marriage. why is she not borrowing him money to complete their permanent home instead of borrowing him money to pay rent?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
F
somehow:

What if the person living in a 40m house owns multiple houses raking in the so called 50% ROI?

To rake in 50% ROI yearly, you must have first recovered the amount spent on building the property(ies) which can't be done within 5 years.

I think we are talking about someone who have N40m and push all into a house and call it investment. Investment bawo?

I can give you 2 major examples of projects that recoup their investment within 4 years. They’re here and I can share the addresses.

Both of them are terraces. That’s the hint.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

yea but to me, this isn't a marriage. why is she not borrowing him money to complete their permanent home instead of borrowing him money to pay rent?

Well! Let’s end it here. You don’t want to know.

The question to ask here is “How can a man sold a house for N150m 7 years ago and can’t build another one?

That should give you ideas of why the woman need to act the way she did.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:
F

I think we are talking about someone who have N40m and push all into a house and call it investment. Investment bawo?

I can give you 2 major examples of projects that recoup their investment within 4 years. They’re here and I can share the addresses.

Okay, wouldn't be nice to spend all you have on building a house. This is where money management and financial literacy come in.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

Well! Let’s end it here. You don’t want to know.

The question to ask here is “How can a man sold a house for N150m 7 years ago and can’t build another one?

That should give you ideas of why the woman need to act the way she did.

But she got 24m from it... A man that could sell a property worth 150m (except he inherited it) can't be said to be a spendrift though without brains ... But then their cup of tea...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:
F

Break down the possibility of recouping your investment in 4 years on a landed property (building).

I want to learn..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

But she got 24m from it... A man that could sell a property worth 150m (except he inherited it) can't be said to be a spendrift though... But then their cup of tea...

The N24m was a loan refund to the woman.

Make I no lie, men sabi fuckup.

Let’s talk construction. #weatherproof flat roof next big thing on my mind.

Nothing wey builder no go see for construction site.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

Break down the possibility of recouping your investment in 4 years on a landed property (building).

I want to learn..

That one no dey free o.... but if the money is right I can show you the numbers and give you 3 case studies where this has worked in Agungi/Lekki/Ajah axis.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
@Horlardorjah I’m doing my atrium in coming week. Check out my proposed fiberglass gutter design.

#weatherproof #flatroof

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

That one no dey free o.... but if the money is right I can show you the numbers and give you 3 case studies where this has worked in Agungi/Lekki/Ajah axis.

Can you point out the 3 case studies you said is in public domain or not free too? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:
@Horlardorjah I’m doing my atrium in coming week. Check out my proposed fiberglass gutter design.

#weatherproof #flatroof

the pieces coming together, another banger incoming! well done baba

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

Can you point out the 3 case studies you said is in public domain or not free too? lipsrsealed

The information is free on my thread but not all the case studies are covered on the thread.

www.nairaland.com/brabus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

The information is free on my thread but not all the case studies are covered on the thread.

www.nairaland.com/brabus

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
somehow:

Unfortunately this is the story of thousands of men. Working their backs off some to breaking point to maintain the near scam called African Marriage. Even more pronounce outside Nigeria where when hustle the monthly rent themselves in the name of a man providing for his household while a frugal lady stashes her cash up.

Morality in this case is a discussion for another day, but it's no business of the contractor to show emotions or call the lady to order. He could pick a lesson or two for his own or to share to so other comrades to learn, but sadly it ends there. A business man is no moral police.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SeniorGee(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
Still available
Treat your septic tank
Degrades all forms organic waste
Make it environment friendly
Remove odours
No more pests...
@ #3.5k per serchet

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
n3xt:

Great space management.

I’ve only been able to tuck a 4 bed semi-detached duplex with an attached BQ and a courtyard into a 588sqm parcel of land. All statutory setback/limits met.

That's very nice of you to achieve. One has to think outside the box to get those right. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
Successful supply Spanish tiles
60 by120 price 8,500
Blessedsunny2 �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
diordaves:

I've gone to read back my take, I no see where I tell you say I be pastor or na me be the only economist or business administrator. I no tell you that one. Who dey manipulate debate now?

You said if I "deeply understand" and do "research" I will understand what investment means. Abi no be so you tell me? So in reaction to that, I now respond to say I should know because I am trained in the field. I no tell you say I be pastor.

Now you and this google research sef. Well I don hear, so I have "googled" to wikipedia and below in italics is wikipedia take on INVESTMENT:

Investment
To invest is to allocate money with the expectation of a positive benefit/return in the future. In other words, to invest means owning an asset or an item with the goal of generating income from the investment or the appreciation of your investment which is an increase in the value of the asset over a period of time.

Wikipedia

From the above definition, an investment is allocate money with the expectation of a positive benefit/return in the future or the appreciation of the ASSET over a period of time.
It is not only pecuniary.

Now look at the above definition/conceptualization and ask yourself: Does my personal house (forever home) fall into the above definition. If no, then your house is not an investment. Na liability. In other words, na white elephant project. Since you know say no be investment, why you build am? With this question, I can now argue that you build your house because you lack financial sense. All Nigerians up and down the country that are fighting tooth and nail to put a roof over their heads no get sense, because those houses no be investment. The maintenance too much. In fact the maintenance is so great that it will ruin and kill them. F o olish Nigerians.

My friend, investment in a property is not only allocation of money to yield money, it also includes to yield benefits like a roof over your head, your pension pot, your retirement years when you are old and gray, the security of your family from the vagaries of nature, and indeed to internalize the benefit of rent payment and for the asset to grow over time.

If you send your kids (for example) abroad to access quality education and result in paying school fees through your nose; is that an investment? To you, that is not an investment as you will not sell your kids in the future (hopefully) and you are not collecting rent money from them. But to me, that is an investment in my kids' future. However, the way things are going, I'm not sure if I will not sell them in the future. Dangote cement don hit 4k. My eye dey red now for money.

At this stage, I go do like you: I rest my case.

So as a trained economist and trade consultant can you give us your personalized definition of what an "investment" means ?

It seems your explanation is an advanced level of investment. Maybe those type done at the PhD level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

I really would not think a house bought solely to live in is an investment, at best it only has a potential of being an investment. However I would agree that it's a asset of some sort, because it falls into the asset part of a balance sheet, can be liquidated to make money or could be used to assess loan.

A house you live in can them become an investment if you lease out a room in it and make some profit off it, or if you have a boys quarter that you rent or lease out.

The biggest confusion would be from the book rich dad poor dad. R.Kiyosaki defined an asset as sometime puts money in your pocket, and a liability as something that takes money away from your pocket, which would not be the traditional definition but what his "rich dad" defined. However it's a good way to look at financial intelligence

Everything is done from the traditional perspective of defining things.
They are just fond of changing the narratives even in the most simple things.

I guess when the child inherits the private build and puts it out for rent it qualifies to be their definition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
diordaves:

Please explain what maintenance means as regards the subject discussed or from an economist view point?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
SeniorGee:
Still available
Treat your septic tank
Degrades all forms organic waste
Make it environment friendly
Remove odours
No more pests...
@ #3.5k per serchet

So you mean with this the septic/soakaway tank does not need to be evacuated for those that get filled............

So what's the duration after first usage and how is it used...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
Painters in the house, please what is a good rule of thumb for the volume of paint per sqm for a house. Also, if anyone is interested in quoting for a project, please let me know. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
flexyonline:
Painters in the house, please what is a good rule of thumb for the volume of paint per sqm for a house. Also, if anyone is interested in quoting for a project, please let me know. Thanks
What type of paint do you want to use.
Experience has shown that you can get more spread by using a primer first before painting.
The primer would act as the sacrificial coat and the wall would absorb the primer and get stabilized.
That way, the more expensive finish paint isn't overly absorbed and it won't peel easily.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.