Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371572 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:
Please confirm

Not genuine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
diordaves:

For those building on a budget, Linoleum flooring is acceptable for the complete house save the bathroom if the bathroom is a wet room and far cheaper but the problem in Nigeria is that floors (German floor) are not polished off. To lay a Vinyl or linoleum flooring, one needs to first polished off the floor. This is a near-perfect flooring solution (alternative) to tiles if one is building on a budget. For a moderate three bedroom, the cost savings can be well over 300k depending.

You are right...coupled with huge savings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ochochedavid(m): 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Triple Internet - an help you with all your entire digital marketing and also take your business to the world by creating a highly responsive website that actually converts.

I have been in this business for a long now so we know what works and not work. If you want to generate more sales online then we are here to help.

So visit >>>> https://trippleinternet.com/ to contact us now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Opsyone1: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
I am Opsy1 furniture and upholstery maker we give you unique and quality design of chairs,Table,dinning chairs and table, wardrobes,kuchen cabinet,beds, wine bars etc at affordable price contact me on my phone number 08064576467 and you can WhatsApp on the same number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2021
Good evening all able constructor
We are at your door post for varieties of aluminium window
In various price, call or whatsapp..
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Opsyone1: 12:07am On Jun 08, 2021
I am Opsy1 furniture and upholstery maker we give you unique and quality design of chairs,Table,dinning chairs and table, wardrobes,kuchen cabinet,beds, wine bars etc at affordable price contact me on my phone number 08064576467 and you can WhatsApp on the same number. Do business with us you won't regret it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Victordarey02: 12:33am On Jun 08, 2021
WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR BUILDING PROJECT

OUR EXPERTS ARE ALWAYS ON THE GO

CONTACT US TODAY AND HAVE A PEACEFUL ABODE

whatsapp: 07046517600
Call: 08127478080

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 1:24am On Jun 08, 2021
n3xt:

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten.

_______

I really don’t do too much stuffs on my build but trust me on quality.

Here’s something cool from ecocarat.

________

Ps:
Personal opinion here. Pls don’t sweat small stuffs from an advanced baba lati like me o.
Are you saying all Nigeria manufactured tiles are of low quality?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 1:36am On Jun 08, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
. Most of Nigeria people are buying Nigeria tile because of the economy but it's not advisable to put it in your home which you built with your money because the quality of it is totally different and most of the tiles used in Nigeria product are made with China people, it is advisable to use Italian and Spanish tiles in your home because they can serve you to your taste

Do you have Italian or Spanish tiles of similar design/pattern?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 1:45am On Jun 08, 2021
theForth:

What's the dimension for the wall so I'll be able to help?
I don't know the wall dimension. The floor is 4775 by 3220 mm. I am assuming professionals can calculate wall dimension with that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

I don't know the wall dimension. The floor is 4775 by 3220 mm. I am assuming professionals can calculate wall dimension with that.
Approx 15.4 sqm, using a 60 * 60 floor tiles, you'll need about 10 cartons and some pieces.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 2:30am On Jun 08, 2021
theForth:

Approx 15.4 sqm, using a 60 * 60 floor tiles, you'll need about 10 cartons and some pieces.

This is for Kitchen walls. and the tiles size is 25X40. How many carton will I need?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

Not really. I’m just not a fan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:39am On Jun 08, 2021
theForth:

Are the tiles for floor or wall?

Wall tiles are normally soaked in water before been laid so as to blend with the cement well, but the same procedure can be used for floor tiles that are stubborn or hard.

Non porcelain tiles absorb water easily, hence the hue.

Wall tiles.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:42am On Jun 08, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
. Most of Nigeria people are buying Nigeria tile because of the economy but it's not advisable to put it in your home which you built with your money because the quality of it is totally different and most of the tiles used in Nigeria product are made with China people,it is advisable to use Italian and Spanish tiles in your home because they can serve you to your taste

I made that same mistake twice and will never do it again.

Experience is a big teacher. I’ve taken my L’s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:44am On Jun 08, 2021
twinskenny:
hope is POD

Only way cool

But even I fear rebags too sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:46am On Jun 08, 2021
dongc:
Tiles and Tiles..just wondering do people actually consider using linoleum flooring instead of the ceramic tiles...so called plastic Tiles.....below pictures are my kitchen floor and small hallway...they look like real tiles or naija weather would not suit it..lol

Personal choices.

For a rental maybe but I’ll never use it in my personal home.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:47am On Jun 08, 2021
praise010:

Not genuine.

Of course.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 5:56am On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Personal choices.

For a rental maybe but I’ll never use it in my personal home.

Any particular reason/s why you will never use it on personal build ...just curious

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

This is for Kitchen walls. and the tiles size is 25X40. How many carton will I need?

About 38cartons will be needed but he added 2cartons for waste, so 40cartons is fine.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

Do you have Italian or Spanish tiles of similar design/pattern?
Good morning everyone
Spanish and Italian tiles of ur choice available? Blessedsunny2
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2021
You will need 31 cartons of 25 x 40.

Based on the following scenarios.

A carton of 25 x 40 has 15pcs of tiles which means that 1 carton has an area of 1.50sqm.

As regards the kitchen, I assumed you've 2 doors and 1 window, so that brings the total area to be tiled to approximately 44sqm.

Divide this 44sqm by 1.50sqm (area in 1 carton) to give us approximately 29 cartons. Add 5% for waste and breakages, that brings the needed cartons to 31.

Dijita:

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:34am On Jun 08, 2021
dongc:

Any particular reason/s why you will never use it on personal build ...just curious

It’s based on my training and experience.

Economical: We rip out linoleum and install tile in the USA to increase property appraisal value.

Luxury: Tiles offer more choices in styles and gives a luxurious feel.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2021
segzy14:

About 38cartons will be needed but he added 2cartons for waste, so 40cartons is fine.

Thank you. I appreciate it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2021
QSFemi:

A carton of 25 x 40 has 15pcs of tiles which means that 1 carton has an area of 1.50sqm.

As regards the kitchen, I assumed you've 2 doors and 1 window, so that brings the total area to be tiled to approximately 44sqm.

Divide this 44sqm by 1.50sqm (area in 1 carton) to give us approximately 29 cartons. Add 5% for waste and breakages, that brings the needed cartons to 31.
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your help

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

Yes sir,for my own surprise I saw Nigeria tile install in local government offices..for (business) in other to renovate every tenor...spainish and Italian are the best tile you can use,that would give you your taste..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2021
clothingonline:

Patronize me will give u special discount
lovely, 600 bags how much will u give as discount bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2021
QSFemi:

correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I made that same mistake twice and will never do it again.

Experience is a big teacher. I’ve taken my L’s.

Hello baba. What was the issue you experienced? I don't mind buying Italian or Spain. I just can't find designs I like. I am looking for something that is not bland
Most especially for kitchen wall.

Anyone else with good Italian or Spanish design for bathroom floor and wall, and kitchen wall can post it for us to see.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:57am On Jun 08, 2021
hslbroker2:
what is the size of your land.

60 x 120 or 50 x 100?

Is it waterlogged or dry land?

Do u want to use 6 inches or 9 inches?

With this little calculation below you can help yourself, if you can't, I can help u with the calculations.

The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks, i have been using this method for years without any mistake, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 50 blocks.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks from one pillar to the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns or pillars )

90 tons of Sharp Sand or dagbolu.

Let me know if this help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

Hello baba. What was the issue you experienced? I don't mind buying Italian or Spain. I just can't find designs I like. I am looking for something that is not bland

Anyone else with good Italian or Spanish design for bathroom floor and wall, and kitchen wall can post it for us to see.
Thanks

To be honest, Nigerian tiles are, well, tiles. They’ll do the job and I’ll use them in my rentals where I’ll never even consider linoleum.

I’m just used to better tiles. And they’re available in Nigeria too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2021
Dijita:

Thanks

All the tiles above are good tiles o but I’d prefer something better in my own bathroom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babagy832, topsy23 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.