Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387369 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mup4life:
Hello sir pls what's the name and size of the floor and wall tiles they actually look very good.

I think the floor is 2sqm, while the wall is 18sqm.

Modify:

I thought you meant measurement of the toilet areas. The tiles are goodwill or Royal products. I don't know the exact names except if I check the carton. But I saw them and picked them at Odun Ade market. The Nigerian tiles I bought were either Goodwill or Royal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jacobryan32: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
There are many building constructions companies out there but I remember one of my friends recommend me ecron construction, although I wasn't expecting them to build a great house in my requirements and budget. They are providing good services related to constructions like loft conversion, single-story construction or whatever you need to build they fulfill your requirment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Question for our resident tile gurus. I come in peace to drink from your well of knowledge.

So it’s happened twice now. Some tiles, immediately after tiling, have a different hue than the rest.

Of course the timer said they’ll all dry to be uniform. It never happened.

So what’s the cause? How to avoid?

Muchas Gracias.
Are the tiles for floor or wall?

Wall tiles are normally soaked in water before been laid so as to blend with the cement well, but the same procedure can be used for floor tiles that are stubborn or hard.

Non porcelain tiles absorb water easily, hence the hue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Focusmind:

I think the floor is 2sqm, while the wall is 18sqm.

Modify:

I thought you meant measurement of the toilet areas. The tiles are goodwill or Royal products. I don't know the exact names except if I check the carton. But I saw them and picked them at Odun Ade market. The Nigerian tiles I bought were either Goodwill or Royal

The floor looks like time sha.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by clothingonline(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
hslbroker2:
true I bought 200bags @N3, 700 today as well
Patronize me will give u special discount
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
clothingonline:

Patronize me will give u special discount

Unicem is 3400
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:

Unicem is 3400

Cement prices in Anambra state is an average of N3,500 as at this morning. Some places are selling for N3,400 and some N3,600 in some other towns. Both Elephant supaset, Dangote and BUA.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by clothingonline(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:

Unicem is 3400
I sell dangote only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
theForth:

The floor looks like time sha.

You are correct. Times ceramics.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:

Unicem is 3400

And these wicked dealers within Badore axis are selling between 3700 to 3800

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
spyder880:

Cement prices in Anambra state is an average of N3,500 as at this morning. Some places are selling for N3,400 and some N3,600 in some other towns. Both Elephant supaset, Dangote and BUA.

3900 around me here
Ogun state

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:

Unicem is 3400

Is this in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
praise010:

Is this in Lagos?

East
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:

East

Alright.

Make una confirm price of Unicem in Lagos biko.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
Good day to everyone.
I am hoping you guys will be able to help me as usual. I do appreciate your help always:
My kitchen floor size is 15.375 square meter. I was told I needed 40 cartons of 20 X40 tiles for the wall. Please can anyone confirm if this is appropriate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello
Please can anyone advise me if these tiles will fade over time. I am considering them for bathroom and kitchen walls
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Piers and Beams | The Nonuplets by NextHome

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
Dijita:
Hello
Please can anyone advise me if these tiles will fade over time. I am considering them for bathroom and kitchen walls
Thanks

I also got the number 2 . About to install.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wofayouths(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
HOW TO ORDER ROCK QUARRY PRODUCTS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET FROM US AND STILL GET A BETTER QUANTITY THAN WHAT A DISHONEST SUPPLIER WILL DELIVER

GETTING A ROCK QUARRY PRODUCTS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET AND GETTING WHAT YOU WANT MAY BE A BIT DIFFICULT BUT WORKABLE.

I'M GOING TO WALK YOU THROUGH ON HOW TO MAKE ORDERS WITHIN YOUR BUDGETS AND STILL GET A BETTER QUANTITY THAN WHAT A DISHONEST SUPPLIER WOULD EVER DELIVER.

FOR EXAMPLE, LET SAY YOUR BUDGET FOR 20 TONS OF STONE DUST AND TRANSPORTATION IS N52,000, IF WE ARE TO GO BY THE STANDARD PRICE OF 3,500/TONS, THE ACTUAL MARKET PRICE IS N70,000 AND TRANSPORTATION TO YOUR LOCATION IS N18,000. THE TOTAL IS N88,000 BUT YOU HAVE N52,000 AS YOUR BUDGET.

A DISHONEST SUPPLIER WOULD ACCEPT TO SEND YOU THE 20 TONS OF STONE DUST BUT END UP SENDING 8 TO 9 TONS AND STILL FORGE A RECEIPT SHOWING 20 TONS. AT THE END THIS SUPPLIER ENDS UP DECEIVING THE CUSTOMER WITH HIS LOW BUDGET.

WE WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHAT YOUR BUDGET CAN GET AND ACHIEVE MORE WITH IT. IF WE ARE TO GO BY 3400/TON, THAT BUDGET CAN GET 10 TONS OF STONE DUST, COMPLETE MEASUREMENT. WHEN YOU ADD IT UP WITH TRANSPORTATION OF N18,000, THE TOTAL IS N52,000. THIS IS REALISTIC AND WORKABLE. 10 TONS OF STONE DUST FROM US IS FAR MORE THAN 20 TONS OF STONE DUST FROM A DISHONEST SUPPLIER

YOUR ATTEMPT TO BEAT DOWN PRICE MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOOSE SOME TONS BY DISHONEST SUPPLIERS.

SHOULD YOU NEED; STONE DUST, 1INCH, 1/2INCH, 3/4INCH GRAVEL, HARDCORE, STONE BASE ETC, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR IMMEDIATE SUPPLIES.

WE HAVE OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTS WITH QUARRIES IN THE FCT. CONTACT US FOR DIRECT PRICES WITH HONEST MEASUREMENTS. ORDERS FROM NIGER STATE, NASARAWA STATE ARE WELCOME.

09085172933(Text for a call back.)

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Dijita:
Hello
Thanks
. Most of Nigeria people are buying Nigeria tile because of the economy but it's not advisable to put it in your home which you built with your money because the quality of it is totally different and most of the tiles used in Nigeria product are made with China people,it is advisable to use Italian and Spanish tiles in your home because they can serve you to your taste

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Dijita:
Good day to everyone.
I am hoping you guys will be able to help me as usual. I do appreciate your help always:
My kitchen floor size is 15.375 square meter. I was told I needed 40 cartons of 20 X40 tiles for the wall. Please can anyone confirm if this is appropriate.
What's the dimension for the wall so I'll be able to help?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Dijita:
Hello
Thanks

Nigerian tiles are perfectly okay for your walls, they'll stay that way for years. Foreign tiles have an edge when it comes to beauty though.

No be by spain, UAE or italian, know where you want to use a tile and get the one that suits that very aim. If you use a Spanish tile meant for sitting rooms in a mall, the designs will wipe off in a matter of time because of the high traffic.

Nigerian tiles are okay for wall.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Please confirm

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
. Most of Nigeria people are buying Nigeria tile because of the economy but it's not advisable to put it in your home which you built with your money because the quality of it is totally different and most of the tiles used in Nigeria product are made with China people,it is advisable to use Italian and Spanish tiles in your home because they can serve you to your taste

Oga na lie joor...

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten.

_______

I really don’t do too much stuffs on my build but trust me on quality.

Here’s something cool from ecocarat.

________

Ps:
Personal opinion here. Pls don’t sweat small stuffs from an advanced baba lati like me o.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
money121:

Tested ok
I recommend him
Stock feed up
Call/WhatsApp 08163862804

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
money121:

Tested ok
I recommend him
Stock feed up
Call/WhatsApp 08163862804 cool

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lol, that is way too much...large kitchens self wouldn't take mpre than 25 carton
Dijita:
Good day to everyone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Jasobry:
Please confirm
hope is POD

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tiles and Tiles..just wondering do people actually consider using linoleum flooring instead of the ceramic tiles...so called plastic Tiles.....below pictures are my kitchen floor and small hallway...they look like real tiles or naija weather would not suit it..lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your Spanish floor and wall tiles,E.T.C available here.......?
Small enough to listen big enough to deliver, still me blessedsunny2 ��
WhatsApp: 09077504287,07062955047

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
dongc:
Tiles and Tiles..just wondering do people actually consider using linoleum flooring instead of the ceramic tiles...so called plastic Tiles.....below pictures are my kitchen floor and small hallway...they look like real tiles or naija weather would not suit it..lol

For those building on a budget, Linoleum flooring is acceptable for the complete house save the bathroom if the bathroom is a wet room and far cheaper but the problem in Nigeria is that floors (German floor) are not polished off. To lay a Vinyl or linoleum flooring, one needs to first polished off the floor. This is a near-perfect flooring solution (alternative) to tiles if one is building on a budget. For a moderate three bedroom, the cost savings can be well over 300k depending.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Scrap and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.