Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390870 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

He's actuality silly thinking that I'm interested in copying anything that he's doing.

I was just trying to help out by encouraging full disclosure.

I won't make the same mistake again.

You actually wanted to copy his trade, most likely to replicate it with your baba Lati grin

The guy is not silly, at least not as silly an outdated as one who mixes baba Lati and outdated American designs undecided

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Bros, do not fall for any cheap cajole. The good thing about your business is that it is an artistic trade and requires some talent and years of commitment to master.
Keep your competitive advantage to yourself, do not feel pressured to disclose it.

Your response was in order.

A month or so ago, on this same thread I had asked to know how people use their money to finance clients project without being hurt. The answer I got was “I don’t not have to explain anything to you “ with an attitude. That is the precedent most have set here ( minus Oga Next) . It has come back to hunt them.

Regarding the door you made which they are still using to spite you, let me know if it’s rejected. I will pay full amount to have them without questions.

Na man you be! wink

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Excellent.

My brothers door that he bought from you is still great after 7 years.

I really appreciate the feedback sir. It is indeed a call to do more..... cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

Yes! For those who want something better than slap and fix grin

As a matter of fact, they produce made-to-measure cabinet and wardrobe doors.
So you cannot actually build your custom kitchen like you do abroad.

________
They don’t do norms at Aframero.
You configure your furnitures to your taste and budget.

If I can’t find one in Ibadan I’ll order a “Lazy Susan” from them. Truly good stuff there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Bros, do not fall for any cheap cajole. The good thing about your business is that it is an artistic trade and requires some talent and years of commitment to master.
Keep your competitive advantage to yourself, do not feel pressured to disclose it.

Your response was in order.

A month or so ago, on this same thread I had asked to know how people use their money to finance clients project without being hurt. The answer I got was “I don’t not have to explain anything to you “ with an attitude. That is the precedent most have set here ( minus Oga Next) . It has come back to hunt them.

Regarding the door you made which they are still using to spite you, let me know if it’s rejected. I will pay full amount to have them without questions.

Do we really want to build a healthy and profitable culture on this forum?

We need to address the following as a mature mind:

1. Address the gaps we notice;
2. Encourage all stakeholders to address gaps with each other;
3. Create a culture of openness and accountability.

I as a person will respect people more when they talk to me rather than talk about me.

Creating a culture of “We” against “Them” is both dated and destructive.

If we continue this way, it won’t be long before we create fear in those who have genuine interest in knowing why we do what we do.
Then the fear leads to risk aversion which eventually kill innovation.

The end result - we keep doing routine because we fear if we ask “We” might be intimidated by the “Them”

_______

Is there anything that hasn’t been solved on YouTube?

#WeMoveee

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
michlins:
the doors have been delivered and am making another set for a client right now. I can make those for you too
Nice doors,and looks strong. Keep it up bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

He's actuality silly thinking that I'm interested in copying anything that he's doing.

I was just trying to help out by encouraging full disclosure.

I won't make the same mistake again.
You made a request and he turned it down, you started calling him "silly"..... Smh

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

I as a person will respect people more when they talk to me rather than talk about me.

If we continue this way, it won’t be long before we create fear in those who have genuine interest in knowing why we do what we do.

The end result - we keep doing routine because we fear if we ask “We” might be intimidated by the “Them”

_______

#WeMoveee

You wey dey talk

You would have been buried since
If not for your doggedness

No be everybody get the mind to stay here after all wetin you don face.
On this platform
There is a strong case of we against them
People practice it a lot.
This has nothing to do with Michilin and Babaegun.
Just a general observation.
How many people on this thread show their work and how to solve certain issues or how they fix certain issues.
Only few

They only come here to rant about the price of cement and iron rod
I visit this thread every few hours because of the inspiration I get here.
May God help us all

Modified
Btw
N3xt I go soon fight you grin grin grin grin
You no gree update that bogije thread again
Atrium

I visit that place everytime no update
Apart from that somehw postings Una dey fight ?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ideas That Work | Drainage Net To Prevent Blocked Drainage and Water Pollution

Found this beautiful idea from Australia online this morning and I feel I should share.

A clean and safe environment is possible.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Oh! Thank you so much. I stay in Oyo but will look them up online.
n3xt:

Check out Aframero in Ikeja, Lagos for custom boards and furniture accessories. This is for those who want class and taste.

I’ve been using them since 2011. I stumble on their thread here sometimes in 2016 https://www.nairaland.com/3309799/modern-home-kitchen-wardrope-accessories

You can reach them online or visit their Ikeja office.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
In fact I have combed everywhere possible insearch of this particular one.
spyder880:

I am also searching for a particular colour, a darker shade of gray. I have been touring different markets in the East to find the exact colour.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Atrium

grin grin

I’m on it bro!

For the kind of work done on the project, the little work done in the last 3 months is too small for me to be updating on that thread. You’ll hardly notice any major difference.

We just need to cover the roof and tidy up all the paraphernalia to wrap up the stage of work.

Expect final updates on the thread in the coming days.

________

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

_______

#WeMoveee

Youtube is not even a credible source. There is virtually no credible knowledge one cannot find on scholarly-peer reviewed data bases if you know where to look. Even metalwork , metallurgy, fabrication and material technology.

Now, some would talk to you but they would talk to you in a subtle, uncivil manner and even make additional attempt to put you and your work down, without any prior provocations. Those are behaviors and culture that continues to persist here. For example, of what need was it to bring back the issue of the contentious doors or post link to a similar metalwork thread? If that is not a subtle aggression, then what is?

The first thing when treating a sore that is in the eyes is to keep pepper faraway. Attitude, disrespect, bulling and insinuations are all unhealthy behaviors. No matter how subtle, they are uncivil and the outcome on the affected individual is emotional distress.

This is a thread where we all come to learn, share experiences and gain one or two things. You may not know it but this thread has inspired many to invest in the future. People have avoided costly construction mistakes because of strategies they found here. These are all possible because of collective inputs from numerous contributors to the thread. The only way to guide this treasured thread is call out any incivility.

Subtly aggressive behavior is worst than an open confrontation and needs to be addressed. If a culture of respect is desired, then openness and healthy discuss must be encouraged. It would be pretentious to act like we don't know when people engage in incivility. Proactive measures must be implemented to intervene. The ways to prevent such occurrence are to create awareness, call them for what they are, and speak out.

The offenders enjoy the game and would continue if not reprimanded, especially if the target is seen as a soft target. They would perpetuate their demeaning act and end it with some silly subtle phrase like "I come in peace" when the reverse is quite obvious.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:

You wey dey talk

Smiles!

I learnt something from my dad “Truth needs no defense.”
And that’s the one thing that has kept people like us going.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
I just want to do my jobs for people who see value in what I do.

For people who think I don't deserve to work for them, I will appreciate it if you don't ask me how I do it.

And this will be the last subtle reminder cause moving forward, I may not be the gentleman.

I'm a vendor here and haven't scammed or cheated any of my clients

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

Found this beautiful idea from Australia online this morning and I feel I should share.

This is a very nice idea that actually works cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:

You wey dey talk

On this platform
There is a strong case of we against them
People practice it a lot.
This has nothing to do with Michilin and Babaegun.
Just a general observation.
How many people on this thread show their work and how to solve certain issues or how they fix certain issues.
Only few

They only come here to rant about the price of cement and iron rod
I visit this thread every few hours because of the inspiration I get here.
May God help us all

Modified
Btw
Atrium

The way I look at it is that no one is required to do that at all. People have a right to protect their interest abi?

I was actually simply trying to help to avoid miscommunication.

Like I said it won’t happen again because he’s inconsequential to me cool

PS: I come in peace shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

thinking out of the box

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Youtube is not even a credible source. There is virtually no credible knowledge one cannot find on scholarly-peer reviewed data bases if you know where to look. Even metalwork , metallurgy, fabrication and material technology.

Now, some would talk to you but they would talk to you in a subtle, uncivil manner and even make additional attempt to put you and your work down, without any prior provocations. Those are behaviors and culture that continues to persist here. For example, of what need was it to bring back the issue of the contentious doors or post link to a similar metalwork thread? If that is not a subtle aggression, then what is?

The first thing when treating a sore that is in the eyes is to keep pepper faraway. Attitude, disrespect, bulling and insinuations are all unhealthy behaviors. No matter how subtle, they are uncivil and the outcome on the affected individual is emotional distress.

This is a thread where we all come to learn, share experiences and gain one or two things. You may not know it but this thread has inspired many to invest in the future. People have avoided costly construction mistakes because of strategies they found here. These are all possible because of collective inputs from numerous contributors to the thread. The only way to guide this treasured thread is call out any incivility.

Subtly aggressive behavior is worst than an open confrontation and needs to be addressed. If a culture of respect is desired, then openness and healthy discuss must be encouraged. It would be pretentious to act like we don't know when people engage in incivility. Proactive measures must be implemented to intervene. The ways to prevent such occurrence are to create awareness, call them for what they are, and speak out.

The offenders enjoy the game and would continue if not reprimanded, especially if the target is seen as a soft target. They would perpetuate their demeaning act and end it with some silly subtle phrase like "I come in peace" when the reverse is quite obvious.

I’m just laughing here though.

It doesn’t have to be this way sha. We can handle this by retraining our mind to approach social situations and conflicts in a more positive way.

Blur the lines and look for similarities instead of differences.

Issokay o!

________

Which group I come dey now? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by firstgirl: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
For your beauty products for you and your kids. Order using the link below and thank me later.
https://www.beauficial.com?sca_ref=1001153.k1YZmfES2G

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Well articulated..
If you are not clever enough you would fall for the "I come in peace"...

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
michlins:
I just want to do my jobs for people who see value in what I do.

For people who think I don't deserve to work for them, I will appreciate it if you don't ask me how I do it.

And this will be the last subtle reminder cause moving forward, I may not be the gentleman.

I'm a vendor here and haven't scammed or cheated any of my clients
Keep pushing.. I remembered how they tried to and always want to make ur work look inferior. Casting and demeaning you here and there... Now they want to learn ur trade in a deceptive way..
Even with the snide remarks and insult you still keep silent... And it reminds me of the saying "silence is the best answer to a....."
Just ignore..

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
I know it’s kinda tough understanding people like me grin

Let me make it simple the way I teach my kids and as I would handle my wife at home grin

I’ve blurred the lines below. Kindly examine the social situation below and tell me what’s wrong in the comment without bias.

Good Evening NL!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:

I’m just laughing here though.

It doesn’t have to be this way sha. We can handle this by retraining our mind to approach social situations and conflicts in a more positive way.

Blur the lines and look for similarities instead of differences.

Issokay o!

________

Which group I come dey now? grin grin

Just let us know if you are coming in peace, then your group would be obvious.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Just let us know if you are coming in peace, then your group would be obvious.

Coming from the pulpit of Sir @sonnie10 grin grin

________

I’m from the class that consider social situations from both sides and make a decision that is unbiased and non-judgemental

You might want to go over the comments again, blur the lines and look for similarities instead of differences.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
n3xt:
I know it’s kinda tough understanding people like me grin

Let me make it simple the way I teach my kids and as I would handle my wife at home grin

I’ve blurred the lines below. Kindly examine the social situation below and tell me what’s wrong in the comment without bias.

Good Evening NL!

Walahi Talahi I was honestly trying to avoid issues for the guy. No deception in mind at all. I’ll never ever use local metal door ever on my builds sound proof billet proof or otherwise. Ever. I have a current build and I did not use local door. So where exactly am I going to use this sound proof door? grin

A simple “thanks for trying to assist but my methods are proprietary and cannot be disclosed”. End of story cheesy

Anyways I’m done with this. If I had bad intentions then may god judge me.

We noooveee cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Walahi Talahi I was honestly trying to avoid issues for the guy. No deception in mind at all. I’ll never ever use local metal door ever on my builds sound proof billet proof or otherwise. Ever. I have a current build and I did not use local door. So where exactly am I going to use this sound proof door? grin

A simple “thanks for trying to assist but my methods are proprietary and cannot be disclosed”. End of story cheesy

Anyways I’m done with this. If I had bad intentions then may god judge me.

We noooveee cool
So why all of a sudden you remembered to advertise and direct people through a link to another guy who makes the same local metal doors that you so detest, of which have lastest 7 years for your brother. After 7 years, today you decided to thank him and showed appreciation for a job well done.

It is called subtle aggression. Vey uncivil.

Like I said before, lets keep pepper faraway, now that we are treating a sore that is in the eye.

You don’t have to explain anything . I also come in peace!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
So, how hard would it be to rip off a long span roof to do Gerard (sp)? Can I use the same wood structure?

Thanks.

PS: Has anyone else done this than I can read about?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
So, how hard would it be to rip off a long span roof to do Gerard (sp)? Can I use the same wood structure?

Thanks.

PS: Has anyone else done this than I can read about?
considering the fact that you have done POP, I think that will be risky. The carpenters have to be extra careful not to crack it. Also the purlins spacing will have to be adjusted to 14 inches

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
for your Electrical installations, whole house audio system, cctv, & Home automation

dont forget we are still here for you... thanks to all our silent clients God bless you all sirs

we are jumping on this one @ Lekki multi-dwelling apartment

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
Saw this page on Instagram making furnitures in mushin....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.