Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4398797 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Horlardorjah:

This should be hdf but we did the hardwood natural color awhile ago.

A polished one of this kind goes for how much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
somehow:
Definitely going for something like this too.

If you must build, please build what you will enjoy, life no get part 2.

Oh for sure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
n3xt:

Just do a search on Jiji and set your location. It’s tough making recommendations right now.

Good luck.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
Born2conquer:
A very beautiful flooring alternative to Tiles

Not so beautiful or cheap maintenance wise.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
bukolo:
Good morning.

Kindly assist with contact no of where I can buy good quality high gloss wood grain HDF board.. It could be at Mushin or any part of Lagos. Thank you

If you’re in Mushin, you can check out Oga Murda +234 817 917 9764. He’s got some nice HDF high gloss boards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
n3xt:

Not so beautiful or cheap maintenance wise.
Probably won’t be suitable for the busy area but we have different types, some are pure wood floorings while some are just ceramic tiles made into wood patterns
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
KolaShangOne:

See that smiley face in that chat, only God will touch the guys heart to pay back.

Let me give an example. My client insisted I bought electronics for his house.. I bought Fridge (about 470k or so) and then I discovered it wasn't an inverter compressor as seller claimed. I returned fridge and my 400+ is still hanging with seller up till now (since February) but I've bought another fridge for client.

I'm still seeking ways to get back my money till now.

How about the worker (that has worked with me for a while) I paid for plastering and he bought Okada and ran away?

Smiles.

How come you don’t know the guy will run away? Why are you associating with someone like that?

To be honest, being a contractor can sometimes make one become stupid. You see yourself struggling to provide answers to some of these very funny questions.
_________

My window contractor collected money from me and went to Mecca. He called me 7 years later to explain what happened.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by djaybaba: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
gbadexy:

Morning sir. Eastman.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Born2conquer:

Probably won’t be suitable for the busy area but we have different types, some are pure wood floorings while some are just ceramic tiles made into wood patterns

Very unsuitable in high traffic areas.

Work fine in home office, studio, media room and other less traffic areas.

I’d equip furnitures in room where laminated wood flooring are done with rubber castors to prevent scratch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Very well put.

I am a member of my RegbeRegbe group in Ijebu, that takes care of the social aspect. I ride one of my motorcycles almost daily and most weekends I'm on long trips.

I don't even argue on here anymore. I just watch till they bark themselves hoarse and/or their medication kicks in grin

Baba Mogaji grin cheesy

No dulling.... No stress

you're jejely enjoying your retirement. cool

May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
For those who don’t wish to turn their property into a pet semetary grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Baba Mogaji grin cheesy

No dulling.... No stress

you're jejely enjoying your retirement. cool

May God help us all.

Wa gbayi grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thanks so much.
n3xt:

If you’re in Mushin, you can check out Oga Murda +234 817 917 9764. He’s got some nice HDF high gloss boards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Oga Rotecch, you are so funny o.

But you know there are so many Uche,Lola,Garba. So who will i turn to now? All I need is a contact number. You shouldn't just conclude based on what happened on this thread. I come in and with peace o. Lol.
[/quote]quote author=rotecch77 post=105417350]

I can only recommend market location now, since it’s now become biz/ contract when you recommended someone, and I don’t want such contract of recommendation.

So mushin/ ladipo is the best place for you, enter the main mkt their and look for uche, Lola, Garba, speak with any of them to take you to there real ware house or store.
Don’t do like BIG man when you reach there, if not you will buy at high rate . [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Don’t turn your property into a pet semetary grin

Another one? grin grin

Don’t turn your property to a nuclear site with excessive use of toxic chemicals that are not safe for human consumption grin

Don’t murder your illegal occupants/tenants! Give them a quit notice grin grin

0700 ring-a-puppy

The last time I checked we get our water from the same ground we are polluting up and down with harmful substances.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
How much is this? So beautifully done.

Horlardorjah:

This should be hdf but we did the hardwood natural color awhile ago.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
somehow:

A polished one of this kind goes for how much?

900*2100 - 110,000
1200*2100 - 140,000
Door lock (client might decide to opt for another type) door Frame-Architrave- Installation inclusive.
Transport to site on client
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
I can still cant get my head around how my learned friend don’t understand simple causes of pollution and the negative effects.

Integrated Science Class.

cc: diordavies

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Don’t Kill Yourself!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
High chief NL1960. You are sighted and highly appreciated sir.
It's been a while you visited us here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
gbadexy:
High chief NL1960. You are sighted and highly appreciated sir.
It's been a while you visited us here.

I still visit. I now read in a quiet mode. Will try to resume commenting before Oga Hajji fine me one bottle of non alcoholic Hennessy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Shhhhh!!

In case you don’t know, organophosphorous chemicals found in insecticides/pesticides is one of the major cause of erectile dysfunction in men. It’s not village people!

Organizers of the seminars below won’t be cashing out on you if you know the adverse effect of the toxic substances you’re toying with.

Read up.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
n3xt:

Smiles.

How come you don’t know the guy will run away? Why are you associating with someone like that?

To be honest, being a contractor can sometimes make one become stupid. You see yourself struggling to provide answers to some of these very funny questions.
_________

My window contractor collected money from me and went to Mecca. He called me 7 years later to explain what happened.

7days later you meant? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
7days later you meant? grin

7 good years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
For those who don’t wish to turn their property into a pet semetary grin

For those who don't wish to turn their property into a pet cemetery Part 2.....................

And for those who wish to embrace science in building solutions:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
diordaves:

For those who don't wish to turn their property into a pet cemetery Part 2.....................

And for those who wish to embrace science in building solutions:

You mean trial by error methods grin

I see:

- Agro C+
- Neem Oil
- Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Orange Oil
- Clove Oil
- Borax
- Sunlight
- Warm Water

You didn’t tell me you’ve already started practicing traditional medicine grin

Are we supposed to grind them together with black soap? grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
n3xt:
I can still cant get my head around how my learned friend don’t understand simple causes of pollution and the negative effects.

Integrated Science Class.

cc: diordavies

So animal sacrifice is the answer to pollution and it's negative effect na. Even erectile dysfunction kpakpa, you got it covered.

I don get my head around am.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
n3xt:

You mean trial by error methods grin

I see:

- Agro C+
- Neem Oil
- Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Orange Oil
- Clove Oil
- Borax
- Sunlight
- Warm Water

You didn’t tell me you’ve already started practicing traditional medicine grin

Are we supposed to grind them together with black soap? grin

Shee you don come again. ROFL
Same advance babalawo method. Otumopo

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Horlardorjah:

900*2100 - 110,000
1200*2100 - 140,000
Door lock (client might decide to opt for another type) door Frame-Architrave- Installation inclusive.
Transport to site on client

Are you the main vendor or a middle man sir?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ImperialCovfefe: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Greetings to all,

Biko, I have an enquiry to make. We have good, reputable builders in the house, but can anyone recommend someone that can do interior finishes as good or even better than Skimanski? It’s not just about quality finishes but the focus on the details and beautiful end product.

I would have utilized Skimanski’s services, but I keep reading about some his communication and untimely delivery lapses. Any others?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
ImperialCovfefe:
Greetings to all,

Biko, I have an enquiry to make. We have good, reputable builders in the house, but can anyone recommend someone that can do interior finishes as good or even better than Skimanski? It’s not just about quality finishes but the focus on the details and beautiful end product.

I would have utilized Skimanski’s services, but I keep reading about some his communication and untimely delivery lapses. Any others?

There are 3 types of services that people in Skimanski’s class delivers. You can only pick 2.

Good.
Fast.
Cheap.

If it’s Good and Fast, it won’t be Cheap.
If it’s Fast and Cheap, it won’t be Good.
If it’s Good and Cheap, it won’t be Fast.

As per the communication lapses, since it’s a known issue, I’d find a way to work around it to get what I want if it was me.

Wishing you good luck on your project.

Skimanski is not slow though. I have a guy that you need to book at least 6 months to deliver a door. People who values his work use him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunpinky(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
From my over 8 years of frequenting the property section, I can tell u that Skimanski remains the best when it comes to detailed, quality and top notch finishes. Others such as Brabus, Dennis are trying but I don't think they are not upto skimanskis level.

My opinion not bibeli grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obinnau(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.