Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376937 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2021
COLEMAN cable manufacturer is planning increase price Any moment.

Be informed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2021
abuiltech:

Those are not fittings in plumbing, fittings are elbow, tee, sockets etc, while WC, basin, bathtub etc are sanitary wares

Sanitary fittings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2021
We are available… pop wall screeding tv walls

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/32#105831400

WhatsApp +234 708 853 4661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2021
topsy23:

Sanitary fittings

Yeap, I'm cleared, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:52am On Sep 15, 2021
sonnie10:

How much is picture #2 and what is the size?
send me the picture of the one you are refering to sir , 07087953771
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2021
Greetings to you all. Between Goodwill and Royal tile, which one should i use for my Sitting room?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 9:26am On Sep 15, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
send me the picture of the one you are refering to sir , 07087953771
Greetings to you. Please between Goodwill and Royal tile, which one should i use for my Sitting room?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2021
Rexology:
Greetings to you all. Between Goodwill and Royal tile, which one should i use for my Sitting room?
The two are medium quality but I prefer more reliable best quality of Nigeria product make use of nylon face goodwill it is more better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2021
Feedback smiley

Customers satisfaction our number one goal cheesy

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N17,000
12v 150a.....N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JohnasI: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Is there anyone who has gone through full house renovation? I have an old detached house which I want to make look better. I was advised to check the gold standard decorator company but it's just I never dealt with them. What do you think of them? Or maybe you could advise me something else?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2021
Rexology:

Greetings to you. Please between Goodwill and Royal tile, which one should i use for my Sitting room?
Royal is okay likewise goodwill nylon face is okay as well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2021
micgray100:

Bros. Walahi .. I would have moved on... But when he TWINSKENNY Posting pics about completed jobs here and mine remain completed till date.. My mind Bleeds... Bros.. I know what it takes to gather 300k as a civil servant..

Scammer TWINSKENNY... Return my money and go in peace..

I SENT MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT For borehole job... Refund My money...

This is a lesson to people giving recommendation just give contact details and let them sort it out.

Never get in between the money cos you are then seen as an agent.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2021
lukkens:
please professionals in the house, kindly scrutinize roofing of shop quotation with 28feet length and 18feet width by sizes below
2X2 - 70 pieces
2X3 - 90 pieces
2X4 - 130 Pieces

many thanks in advance

Get 3 quotes and compare

For example with the 2by2 are you using ceiling that requires 2ftby2ft 2ftby4ft or 4ftby4ft. The answer to this will inform the no of wood needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HossanaHeights: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2021
gabbytabby:

This is a lesson to people giving recommendation just give contact details and let them sort it out.

Never get in between the money cos you are then seen as an agent.

I also agree. However in this particular episode, twinskenny showed proof that it was micgray100 that insisted that the money should be paid into his own account.

This is the reason according to twinskenny why he obliged his request. What if twinskenny had refused?

Hence, twinskenny felt he was doing micgray100 a favour and this was one among other reasons (like
micgray100 not allowing the borehole guy leave site with his tools) why he is accepting partial responsibility.

Remember that twinskenny also showed proof that micgray100 negotiated directly with the borehole guy.

On the other hand, micgray100 that seemed to plead for twinskenny's account to be used as the escrow, now has the expectation that twinskenny should take full responsibility for the contractual dispute.

I am not holding brief for twinskenny here, but I think that is where the dilemma lies.

Learning point for me is not about the referee not getting in between the money (client and contractor).

If the client 'pleads' that you get in between the money, the lines of responsibility between client and referee should be clearly spelt out and documented.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rainer131(f): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2021
Valuepaints20:
Feedback smiley

Customers satisfaction our number one goal cheesy

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

Honest boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

The two are medium quality but I prefer more reliable best quality of Nigeria product make use of nylon face goodwill it is more better
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Royal is okay likewise goodwill nylon face is okay as well
Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2021
HossanaHeights:

I also agree. However in this particular episode, twinskenny showed proof that it was micgray100 that insisted that the money should be paid into his own account.

This is the reason according to twinskenny why he obliged his request. What if twinskenny had refused?

Hence, twinskenny felt he was doing micgray100 a favour and this was one among other reasons (like
micgray100 not allowing the borehole guy leave site with his tools) why he is accepting partial responsibility.

Remember that twinskenny also showed proof that micgray100 negotiated directly with the borehole guy.

On the other hand, micgray100 that seemed to plead for twinskenny's account to be used as the escrow, now has the expectation that twinskenny should take full responsibility for the contractual dispute.

I am not holding brief for twinskenny here, but I think that is where the dilemma lies.

Learning point for me is not about getting the referee getting in between the money (client and contractor).

If the client 'pleads' that you get in between the money, the lines of responsibility between client and referee should be clearly spelt out and documented.

We learn every boss we learn everyday sir…

All of a sudden oga turn me to a borehole driller lol like I am the one that collected the contract… keep coming to my dm to beg for money.. had my own borehole issue to sort as well with same guy. In the middle of this I still paid him 65k instead of 55k for business registration… like I said we learn everyday.

Thank you sir for your input
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2021
Born2conquer:

Make person wey recommend still dey monitor the projevt for you, you pay am for the monitoring? E be the engineer wey you hire? You wey get the project no fit monitor??

What’s this sef! On gad! Twinskenny is a soft man like me, some people would have gladly sue you for libel.

baba I told him come to my office or even my house let look for this guy we are in the same shoe o. My own borehole too has packed up same guy did the job…

Na soft man I be I no like wahala…

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2021
MrOkenwa:

Engineer, it’s very obvious that the gentle man does not owe you shishi, he merely assisted you. Go after the borehole guy or move on.
Stop this unnecessary name calling. Trolling doesn’t even seem to be your thing as you’re not even handling it nicely.
I can understand how difficult it is to raise money Sometimes.
If Your side hustles (CAC registration and structural design) are nothing to you on this thread, allow the man to do his own business in peace because really, he doesn’t owe you and you err for calling him scam.
E seun.
thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
Rexology:

Thank you!
yeah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lovely colour choice… we did the electrical, Cctv, fire alarm, whole house Audio, and lighting automation for this house..

@dominionng did the pop!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
gunsnroses:
Hello hello, a friend of mine is looking for help.

He's in trying to find a company that does customized cylinders and large steels for his project. He's looking for a forging company/metal spinning company since he's going for large quantities and customized ones as well. (This might give you a better picture of what exactly he's looking for https://astforgetech.com/)

Does anyone know a forging company near Lagos? Somewhere nearby?
Yes many of them, I knew one personally that I used then for mine casting work over 25 years ago. Nigeria foundry close to PZ Ilupeju if the are still there. Here is another one Hardox wearpart center Ilupeju. Couple of them in Ojudu Lagos, Ikorodu. Nigeria Gas and Steel limited, google them you you’ll be surprised how many of them around the County.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
JohnasI:
Is there anyone who has gone through full house renovation? I have an old detached house which I want to make look better. I was advised to check the gold standard decorator company but it's just I never dealt with them. What do you think of them? Or maybe you could advise me something else?

I renovated this old building to Modern type few years back.
See the link and some pics
https://www.nairaland.com/2633699/re-modeling-7bedroom-old-house-ogun/8#64428713

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
abuiltech:

Those are not fittings in plumbing, fittings are elbow, tee, sockets etc, while WC, basin, bathtub etc are sanitary wares

That's true. You are right. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
twinskenny:

All of a sudden oga turn me to a borehole driller lol like I am the one that collected the contract… keep coming to my dm to beg for money.. had my own borehole issue to sort as well with same guy. In the middle of this I still paid him 65k instead of 55k for business registration… like I said we learn everyday.

You only paid for ignorance there.

You can do it with less than 11k on your own completely online.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
LorenzoGiovanni:
Good morning

I'm out of Nigeria and thinking about an investment to make, currently I'm thinking about investing in a warehouse. Anyone with an idea or a rough estimate on the cost of building say 5,000sqm warehouse. Land size isn't the issue.

Will really be helpful
After the design the estimate can be determined, please chat me up on WhatsApp i can guide you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
JohnasI:
that's a uk website our local builders here can do that for you, except your building is not in Nigeria, me and my crew can help out with that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
folmus:

You only paid for ignorance there.

You can do it with less than 11k on your own completely online.

Does anyone have genuine link to newspaper advert for change of name.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
twinskenny:

IF I ALLOW THE SLEEPING DOGS LAY... IT DOESNT MEAN I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING... ELDERS HAVE TALKED TO ME ON THIS FORUM THAT IS WHY I HAVE RELAX...

PLEASE SHOW EVIDENCES OF PEOPLE COMING TO OUR DM TO BEG FOR MONEY... I BEGGER TRANSFERED 200K TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR A JOB YOU ENDED NOT DOING... LIMITED LIABILITY RGISTRATION I DID FOR OGA N3XT FOR 95K.. I PLEADED WITH ME TO PAY 65K... WHICH I DID FOR YOU AND DELIVER....

PLEASE BE CAREFUL TWINSKENNY.... I RESPECT PEOPLE CALLING FOR PEACE ON THIS FORUM....COS I AM A MAN OF PEACE..DONT TAKE M QUIETNESS AS A SIGN OF DEFEAT...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dongc(m), Chuxodigitals and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.