Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397110 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
veekid:
When the Land is Small but the Dream is Big
this is beautiful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2021
chimexdnice1:
I could be wrong, but i use to think (from my experience) that IP cameras require one to share the same wifi connection with the camera itself? I have this issue with the camera I bought recently.

So here’s how I configured mine. The IP cameras come with an Network Video Recorder. The NVR is plugged into my POE switch which sits behind a firewall. The POE is plugged into my MTN wireless router. This doesn’t provide DHCP, my POE switch does that.
Each IP camera gets an IP address from my switch. So using a video software and behind my firewall I simply type in each cameras IP in a browser.

To view it externally I open a port.

Long story short, your IP camera is a network device when configured properly.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:
It's a great day for me, we moved to our house today. I want to immensely thank all contributors here. When we started our house last year, i knew next to nothing. With you guys it was an easy ride, i read up on stages ahead and our workers didn't know we were jjcs. I'm truly grateful. My prayer is that you all complete your projects in Jesus name. God bless you all

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
Focusmind:

Thank you. I have the same concern. But WHO, on their website, stated that having telecom mast close is of no harmful effect. My second concern is getting construction permit for buildings that are situated close to telecom mast. For NEPA high voltage power line, it is difficult but lots of houses have telecom masts in their compound. I appreciate your response. Thank you.

For the most part, the radios are always up the mast and are free from any obstruction.

Your house is very unlikely to be that high as to be caught in-between the waves.

Whatever will make your house that high will obstruct line of sight and the radio will have to be raised higher or outrightly decommissioned/relocated

I have to also say that most big hotels have the radios supplying internet service right on the roof of the building. Some of them even serve as base stations having multiple radios on the roof.

People work in these hotels for years and to the best of my knowledge have not reported any medical issues caused from having those radios right on their roof.

Please go ahead, you have nothing to be worried about
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:
It's a great day for me, we moved to our house today. I want to immensely thank all contributors here. When we started our house last year, i knew next to nothing. With you guys it was an easy ride, i read up on stages ahead and our workers didn't know we were jjcs. I'm truly grateful. My prayer is that you all complete your projects in Jesus name. God bless you all
Congrats.
More wins.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
veekid:
When the Land is Small but the Dream is Big
Lovely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
n3xt:

Maybe it’ll cost a little more but at N3,000 / 0.6sqm (excluding studs and installation cost which is considerably reasonable), I think the cost would be cheaper than plastering/screeding/painting or plastering and applying tiles to achieve same result in the long run.

The pics below are naija installs. Currently working on one, would share final looks here and on kobocity.

I agree completely but it can’t be compared with the benefits of a material that offers more in terms of value.

1. Low maintenance
2. Durability (doesn’t crack or warp)
3. Aesthetically pleasing
4. Waterproof / Fireproof

Not new though. @dominionng has been using this for years.

kiss
Way up boss.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
n3xt:

I agree completely. That’s exactly the job I’m paid to do.

I’m currently managing a very complex situation in a build.
Two sets of artisans. One is extremely good. The other is average and the client has commissioned them both.

I told the client one will work at the back whole the other will handle the approach of the building.

On my current job, I’m currently working with the designer of this particular project below on the exterior cladding. So it’s really not a job for everyone.

Executed by yours truly.
Please tell the 'designer' Dominion sends his regards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dominionng:

kiss
Way up boss.

I trust you! Well done.

We’re pulling up another shortly. Meeting tmrw. Doing textured.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dominionng:

Executed by your truly.
Please tell the 'designer' Dominion sends his regards.

Nice!

Bringing in my precast chairmo to do similar design with concrete on a foundation wall.

He did the one below with precast concrete in 2012.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:

Congratulations boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:

Congratulations! Glad you made it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:28am On Oct 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Local man just cannot can shocked

But I’m sure there’s a method to this madness.

/

LOL

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:31am On Oct 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t agree with you sha.

Any market that I enter in Los Angeles, be it Home Depot, Lowe’s, Orchards I’m guaranteed great lumber.

I shouldn’t have to go to a specialty store to get what should be normal.

This excuse is played out. Bring us quality, we’ll pay for it.
/
I thought it was lack of skill on the carpenters until I entered a timber market.
grin grin grin

Comparing it to what is obtainable in Home Depot or Lowes will bring premium tears to the eyes.

I gave up.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:35am On Oct 02, 2021
spyder880:

Five years after installing this fanciful Turkey imported door in my village, it's still as good as new.
/
Which brand and kind of paint did you use in your village house? I noticed that the paint remains new as ever.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 5:03am On Oct 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

So here’s how I configured mine. The IP cameras come with an Network Video Recorder. The NVR is plugged into my POE switch which sits behind a firewall. The POE is plugged into my MTN wireless router. This doesn’t provide DHCP, my POE switch does that.
Each IP camera gets an IP address from my switch. So using a video software and behind my firewall I simply type in each cameras IP in a browser.

To view it externally I open a port.

Long story short, your IP camera is a network device when configured properly.

What a setup....a simple a multilayer switch and a Lan/mtn would have been enough..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 5:51am On Oct 02, 2021
Hello Sir
I observed that you market quite a number of different brands of inverters.
Don't you think that makes the choice by customers more difficult?
Are there quality inverters with better warranty than others?
I used a 1.5kva inverter at some point but its the batteries that have continued to pack up. They last about a year.
The only solar system so far that has barely lasted for us is at the office where we used more panels (8 or so) with only 2 batteries as the offices close by 530-6pm.

So how can one know the cost effective battery brand(s)? Educate us on that.

kiekie1:
Quit staring & order yours now!!

Reach me now for durable 24v pure sinewave system below...
Last prices :

Schneider 1.5kva ........ 78k
Signal / index 2kva ...... 95k
Signal 2.5kva ... 120k

Smartcell_Nuggets: One of the most exciting opportunities created by renewable energy technologies like solar is the ability to help the world's poorest develop faster - but more sustainably too. - Ed Davey

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:06am On Oct 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:11am On Oct 02, 2021
dongc:

What a setup....a simple a multilayer switch and a Lan/mtn would have been enough..

I understand why you’ll say that but not in my situation as I’m a bit more demanding based on where I grew up and my interests.

Sample of a modern network closet. Trusting an ISPs wireless router to manage your devices is about the worst security measure you can do.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:14am On Oct 02, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
I thought it was lack of skill on the carpenters until I entered a timber market.
grin grin grin

Comparing it to what is obtainable in Home Depot or Lowes will bring premium tears to the eyes.

I gave up.

/

This is why most furnitures now are made wit mdf/hdf.

Laziness on the part of the supply chain filters down to the carpenters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:16am On Oct 02, 2021
Itsrm:

For the most part, the radios are always up the mast and are free from any obstruction.

Your house is very unlikely to be that high as to be caught in-between the waves.

Whatever will make your house that high will obstruct line of sight and the radio will have to be raised higher or outrightly decommissioned/relocated

I have to also say that most big hotels have the radios supplying internet service right on the roof of the building. Some of them even serve as base stations having multiple radios on the roof.

People work in these hotels for years and to the best of my knowledge have not reported any medical issues caused from having those radios right on their roof.

Please go ahead, you have nothing to be worried about

Thanks for the response. Our concern is getting the much needed building permit from those overzealous and ignorant Lagos state building control agency.
Do they give approval based on the documents submitted or will they still visit the site location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:22am On Oct 02, 2021
Focusmind:

Thanks for the response. Our concern is getting the much needed building permit from those overzealous and ignorant Lagos state building control agency.
Do they give approval based on the documents submitted or will they still visit the site location?

Go to your local planning district office and make further enquiries. They’ll still visit the site. It’s best you take them there first before doing anything.

I’m not sure there’s any special requirement for telecommunication masts.

Read more on setback requirements here:
https://nexthomes./2016/05/26/building-in-lagos-know-the-setback-requirements/
(Remember to fix wordpress dot com in the address. Nairaland bot removed the link)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Which brand and kind of paint did you use in your village house? I noticed that the paint remains new as ever.

/

Good morning Sir, all the paint I used in my house and most of my projects were bought from Sharon paints, I even went to their factory site in Enugu to mix some colours.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2021
ceelog:

I shall not fall into temptation.
good morning sir pls what do you meaning by this your statement i didn't get you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2021
n3xt:

Go to your local planning district office and make further enquiries. They’ll still visit the site. It’s best you take them there first before doing anything.

I’m not sure there’s any special requirement for telecommunication masts.

Read more on setback requirements here:
https://nexthomes./2016/05/26/building-in-lagos-know-the-setback-requirements/
(Remember to fix wordpress dot com in the address. Nairaland bot removed the link)

Good. Thanks bro. Does each LGA in Lagos have local planning authority?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
good morning sir pls what do you meaning by this your statement i didn't get you sir

I am sure he was fascinated by the quality of your products. They were too tempting for him. Either he had earlier bought his before seeing these beautiful items and is now being tempted to make changes. It does happen. I hope that was what he meant.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2021
somehow:

They look very nice and tempting.

Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2021
justified007:
My carpenter has been trying to talk to me into screeding the bedrooms of my kobokobo build after fitting the ceiling but unfortunately , he can't give me any pictorial sample of what it will look like after screeding or have any idea of the cost .

Can anyone help with pictorial sample of a screeded ceiling please and the cost

is your ceiling a slate(ceiling abestos) or POP?

Can you share pics of your ceiling here?

I can give you details, I screeded a ceiling slate for a make up Studio, and i shared it on this forum.
If I can dig up the link, i would resend for you to see.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I understand why you’ll say that but not in my situation as I’m a bit more demanding based on where I grew up and my interests.

Sample of a modern network closet. Trusting an ISPs wireless router to manage your devices is about the worst security measure you can do.

You dont really need all that running some camera and lighting. offcourse it's your money do what you like.....one multilayer switch ;configure a firewall and DMZ .....one one lan/Wan from isp....

An sdn is even simpler solution....all the best sir....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2021
ceelog:
Hello Sir
I observed that you market quite a number of different brands of inverters.
Don't you think that makes the choice by customers more difficult?
Are there quality inverters with better warranty than others?
I used a 1.5kva inverter at some point but its the batteries that have continued to pack up. They last about a year.
The only solar system so far that has barely lasted for us is at the office where we used more panels (8 or so) with only 2 batteries as the offices close by 530-6pm.

So how can one know the cost effective battery brand(s)? Educate us on that.

Hello Sir, we're in a dynamic society where various quality of solar products are widely available . The issue you're facing can't be easily solved without listing power system brand, brand of batteries which keeps disappointing you ! You also didn't attach any picture or estimated load being powered at location.

My contact detail is clearly visible in my adverts , freely reach me as most prospect do for further enquiry, system troubleshooting & transaction

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

is your ceiling a slate(ceiling abestos) or POP?

Can you share pics of your ceiling here?

I can give you details, I screeded a ceiling slate for a make up Studio, and i shared it on this forum.
If I can dig up the link, i would resend for you to see.

I planned to use ceiling slate and yet to buy it. He's just advising me to screed it up after fixing Sir.

Thanks so much boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), DakingG, BabaChicago(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.