Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396828 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
obynocute:
Greetings great Elders in the house, please can I use a chain link fence in a portion of a fence area that has high rate of water flow, and this is the second time it's pulling down the fence in that partition.
Secondly can the chain link hold some quantity of sand that is been washed along with the water without affecting the chain link?

Thanks Elders.

You can do a proper fence that’ll stand the water if you wish. It’ll have a concrete base. I think they call it raft foundation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
topsy23:

It will but confirm the range of voltage before you buy it ooo

Especially the minimum voltage abi?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aggymore: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
I am pleased to introduce to you ENVOHYGE VENTURES LIMITED as a general importation of architectural building products, civil and structural building engineering projects design Construction and project management. We have been developing and constantly improving, supplying and installing an extensive range of interior and exterior products to complement the development of private and public buildings.

We are into quality products which include;

• OFFICE PARTITIONING
• TOILET CUBICLES
• WOODEN / SECURITY DOORS
• SANITARY WARES & TILES
• ALUMINIUM & GLASS WORKS
• STEEL DOORS
• ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS
• WARDROBES & FITTED KITCHEN SYSTEMS
• CEILING SYSTEMS/RAISED FLOOR
• HANDRAILS & STAIRCASE
• OFFICE FURNITURE
• PERFORATED METAL
• ALUMINIUM COPOSITE PANEL (ACP)

We don't just sell these to bring your ideas to light. We give you conversation starters. Send me your email address so I can forward our company profile for your perusal.

For further details about us, please visit our Website: www.envohygeventures.com
Email: henrietta.mordi@envohygeventures.com
Call/Whatsapp: 08033912991, 07066040873
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
Who know the reason for this?

I think the casting was done with gravel not granite, and some gravel has a lot of clay in them, to use gravel for your casting, you need to flush out the clay and do proper mixing with cement, if not you may end up with something like this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obynocute(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You can do a proper fence that’ll stand the water if you wish. It’ll have a concrete base. I think they call it raft foundation.

Thank you very much sir, I've suggested that to the client, but he needs a temporary thing to close the space.. Before he budgets for the retaining wall.. Hence the reason for me asking for the chain link sir..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Best image, good night vision, mobile view anywhere in the world? Talk to us

#cctv cameras installations

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/118

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I wish manageable quality like this could be found in Ibadan. They’ll at least give me a good start to plane and saw.

Thanks for sharing Sir.

The issue is that, in most western region plank seller association market, they peg it down that there wood size will be 10.5ft long and is killing the Beauty of formwork and others wood work finishings

You can only get special size in few mkt now ( let’s say 10pec) and when you hear the price you will run like USAIN BOLT

Sawmill Eku:
2 by 4=#1,900
2 by 3=#1,550
2 by 2=#1,100
2 by 6=#3,500
3 by 4=#2,000

This is price I got last week …… 11ft ooo (bandsaw)

But normal “fadala is
Full size
2 by 4=750
2 by 3=#600
2 by 2=#450
3 by 4=#1,250
2 by 6=#1,250
1 by 2=#2,500

Look at the price diff
My client said pls buy the “fadala “
The diff In price is too much

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
rotecch77:

The issue is that, in most western region plank seller association market, they peg it down that there wood size will be 10.5ft long and is killing the Beauty of formwork and others wood work finishings

You can only get special size in few mkt now ( let’s say 10pec) and when you hear the price you will run like USAIN BOLT

Sawmill Eku:
2 by 4=#1,900
2 by 3=#1,550
2 by 2=#1,100
2 by 6=#3,500
3 by 4=#2,000

But normal “fadala is
Full size
2 by 4=750
2 by 3=#600
2 by 2=#450
3 by 4=#1,250
2 by 6=#1,250
1 by 2=#2,500

Look at the price diff
My client saw pls buy the “fadala “

Are they roofing wood quality? Whhats the physical difference between both wood?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
rotecch77:

Sawmill Eku:
2 by 4=#1,900
2 by 3=#1,550
2 by 2=#1,100
2 by 6=#3,500
3 by 4=#2,000

But normal “fadala is
Full size
2 by 4=750
2 by 3=#600
2 by 2=#450
3 by 4=#1,250
2 by 6=#1,250
1 by 2=#2,500

Look at the price diff
My client saw pls buy the “fadala “

I'll gladly pay the N1,250 price difference. My time is worth more than the $2 difference. The time to work the plank and the cost of electricity/petrol and the saw blades.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nero2424:

Are they roofing wood quality? Whhats the physical difference between both wood?
Both are roofing plank

The diff is that the 1st one is
12ft and very straight

The 2nd one 10.5ft looks rough, not straight enough, it’s the regular one you see at every plank mkt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Excessive Deflection... Is either the reinforcement in Tension isn't adequate or the Span is longer than the Code calls for. All in all, this can be a big danger warning if there are more areas of the building experiencing such phenomenon

hslbroker2:
Who know the reason for this?

I think the casting was done with gravel not granite, and some gravel has a lot of clay in them, to use gravel for your casting, you need to flush out the clay and do proper mixing with cement, if not you may end up with something like this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Dude, i will need the total cost of this application per SQM. Labor, material, and installation. I am experimenting on Alternative Surface treatment. Plastering is the cheapest and readily available method, but i believe one should be able to find another materials that are cheaper and still effective for external usage such as Fence wall. What we currently spend on perimeter walling is stupid in my Opinion. The thing dey always vex pesin!!!

n3xt:

Maybe it’ll cost a little more but at N3,000 / 0.6sqm (excluding studs and installation cost which is considerably reasonable), I think the cost would be cheaper than plastering/screeding/painting or plastering and applying tiles to achieve same result in the long run.

The pics below are naija installs. Currently working on one, would share final looks here and on kobocity.

I agree completely but it can’t be compared with the benefits of a material that offers more in terms of value.

1. Low maintenance
2. Durability (doesn’t crack or warp)
3. Aesthetically pleasing
4. Waterproof / Fireproof

Not new though. @dominionng has been using this for years.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
rotecch77:

Both are roofing plank

The diff is that the 1st one is
12ft and very straight

The 2nd one 10.5ft looks rough, not straight enough, it’s the regular one you see at every plank mkt

I get it. I was curious because am looking at buying roofing woods next week.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Especially the minimum voltage abi?

Thanks.

Minimum voltage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
true2home:
Dude, i will need the total cost of this application per SQM. Labor, material, and installation. I am experimenting on Alternative Surface treatment. Plastering is the cheapest and readily available method, but i believe one should be able to find another materials that are cheaper and still effective for external usage such as Fence wall. [b]What we currently spend on perimeter walling is stupid in my Opinion. [/b]The thing dey always vex pesin!!!

If only we have security, a dwarf wooden fence should do with no need for a fancy steel gate either.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nero2424:

If only we have security, a dwarf wooden fence should do with no need for a fancy steel gate either.

It's really sad. But then I look around me and I see neighbours with zero fences.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nero2424:

no fancy steel gate?

How do you want me to eat grin angry sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I'll gladly pay the N1,250 price difference. My time is worth more than the $2 difference. The time to work the plank and the cost of electricity/petrol and the saw blades.

Beta decision

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It's really sad. But then I look around me and I see neighbours with zero fences.
some estate in Lekki are doing this already… example is Nothern foreshore… dogs are not allow as well. Dwarf fence all through

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
true2home:
Dude, i will need the total cost of this application per SQM. Labor, material, and installation. I am experimenting on Alternative Surface treatment. Plastering is the cheapest and readily available method, but i believe one should be able to find another materials that are cheaper and still effective for external usage such as Fence wall. What we currently spend on perimeter walling is stupid in my Opinion. The thing dey always vex pesin!!!

grin I’ll do the needful once I’m through with the job. It’s not just what we spent on perimeter walling but what we spent on ancillary buildings too.

I’m currently working on a power and generator house that’s not too conventional.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
michlins:
no fancy steel gate?

How do you want me to eat grin angry sad

Trust me you will build iron dwarf fences, that would be the premium fence in such scenario. Lucky you, if you choose, you will be in this business till Jesus come again because security can never be fixed in a country where majority of the people are very hungry.

The cost of securing a house in Nigerian is very expensive. We pay over and over again to achieve one aim.
* Build a prison wall
*Build a gate
*install electric fence/barb wire
*employer security man and build him a house
*install CCTV camera
* You add one more dude to your household in the
name of a dog.

It is well according to church goers.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WhiteAngels001(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
rotecch77:

Location in ikorodu.
More so the Benz tipper called 20tones is real 10tones
So let me know the location ( I’m not referring you to anyone I just want to handle it for you for 38k) if the location is close by in Ikorodu
Please call or chat me up let's talk better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
UC92:

This will likely pose a problem later on.
grin
Is the guy behind the moniker an architect?
Let's all just look before we limb.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
Please where can I get a good long door handle.?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nero2424:

Trust me you will build iron dwarf fences, that would be the premium fence in such scenario. Lucky you, if you choose you will be in this business till Jesus come again because security can never be fixed in a country where majority of the people are very hungry.

The cost of securing a house in Nigerian is very expensive. We pay over and over again to achieve one aim.
* Build a prison wall
*Build a gate
*install CCTV camera
name of a dog.

I want to respond to you with a meme but unfortunately Nairaland no get am.

LoL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nero2424:

Trust me you will build iron dwarf fences, that would be the premium fence in such scenario. Lucky you, if you choose you will be in this business till Jesus come again because security can never be fixed in a country where majority of the people are very hungry.

* Build a prison wall
*Build a gate
*install CCTV camera
name of a dog.

Not be only church goers dey say it is well oooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
angry sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good evening.
Kindly assist with a good brand for 4inches thick pipe for plumbing.

Thank you.

rotecch77:

Location in ikorodu.
More so the Benz tipper called 20tones is real 10tones
So let me know the location ( I’m not referring you to anyone I just want to handle it for you for 38k) if the location is close by in Ikorodu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
lmoa...its so true. I say this to people all the time. We just dey chicken because we get small CHange for pocket. There are many Nigerians with doors that one can kick down in 2 seconds. Poor people no get worries, na those who has something to loss dey buy security

EgunMogaji2:

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
bukolo:
Good evening.
Kindly assist with a good brand for 4inches thick pipe for plumbing.

Thank you.

Different location difference type of pipe product
Just buy thick waste pipe you have in your location you will be fine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
I am in Lagos.
There are different brands with different prices hence the reason for asking.

Thank you.
rotecch77:

Different location difference type of pipe product
Just buy thick waste pipe you have in your location you will be fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bfire(m), diordaves(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.