Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414468 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
BrickDevo:
350k is obviously too much
Some parts of IMO state take as much as 750k for borehole.
Last year I did one in Nkwerre L.G.A and another one at Anara Isiala Mbano.
The areas you might do it below 300k is Owerri and Mbaise.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
IDnoble80:

It’s alright architect no fighting here…. But I hope you don’t under quote to get a job too?

I come in peace
bro mentioning an architect is way out of line, whatever works for you though, if you under quote to get the job fine, aftermath you complete the job without client issues, then no problem honesty is the main thing, if you under quote, you won't complete it with your money nah, i come in peace too

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
twinskenny:
yeah cause of the location… some part in enugu pay as high as 2m
that coal issue, you have to digg dip to get drinkable water, i use to live in garriki, awkunanaw, most people buy drinking water from tanker suppliers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
BrickDevo:
that coal issue, you have to digg dip to get drinkable water, i use to live in garriki, awkunanaw, most people buy drinking water from tanker suppliers.
the day you One of my client did borehole in his community and he eventually got water damn… come and see celebration sir…
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
twinskenny:
the day you One of my client did borehole in his community and he eventually got water damn… come and see celebration sir…
cheesy and after he paid you wholesomly and handsomely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
twinskenny:

Enugu have a very low water table and most of Enugu state dig shallow wells to get their water for daily use, and the well is usually cheap, less than N80,000 on the average to sink a well for water use, but we dont drink the water from the shallow wells. We dont drill the traditional boreholes, because water is so low inside the ground, sometimes you wont get any water.

We buy water in water tankers for about 3 months during the dry season, but water is not that costly despite the distance. There are also many parts of the state where you have water all round the year in shallow wells of about 30 to 40 feet. We have ample supply of potable water from many different companies, and surprisingly, its cheaper than in states where there is enough supply of water. Satchet water and even water in plastic cans are cheaper in Enugu than in most other states I have been to. That's an irony i still cannot explain.

I have one shallow well dug in my house with N20,000 in 2005, and I have been using this well without maintenance till today, I have an overhead water tank and a submersible pump and all I do is flick down a switch and my 3 tanks gets filled. I have water running on my showers upstairs inside Enugu, and I have no borehole.

In a part of Enugu called Ninth mile corner, there are so many commercial boreholes pumping water to tankers, and the water is clean enough for drinking, Very deep wells supplying Enugu city with potable water, but government neglect, and peoples refusal to pay water bills makes it difficult for pipe borne water to be in constant supply. Enugu state water corporation has been functioning well, and there are parts of Enugu city with pipe borne water supply even today.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
Timber colour which is wooden tiles Spanish products available here still in stock
All kinds of your Spanish product

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
>>

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Borehole Driller needed in Oshodi/Ikeja Lagos

Happy to pay 150k to those who felt borehole is too expensive at 350k grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Cut The Wires, Cut The Worries | Cordless Circular Saw

>> Time to upgrade tools
>> No more downtime

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
n3xt:
Cut The Wires, Cut The Worries | Cordless Circular Saw

>> Time to upgrade tools
>> No more downtime
One thing no one can’t take away from you is investments in tools to make the job easiest for your workers. If you don’t mind how much does this circular saw cost, how long does it work when fully charged, I’m thinking of getting one for myself. The brand please,
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
spyder880:

Enugu have a very low water table and most of Enugu state dig shallow wells to get their water for daily use, and the well is usually cheap, less than N80,000 on the average to sink a well for water use, but we dont drink the water from the shallow wells. We dont drill the traditional boreholes, because water is so low inside the ground, sometimes you wont get any water.

We buy water in water tankers for about 3 months during the dry season, but water is not that costly despite the distance. There are also many parts of the state where you have water all round the year in shallow wells of about 30 to 40 feet. We have ample supply of potable water from many different companies, and surprisingly, its cheaper than in states where there is enough supply of water. Satchet water and even water in plastic cans are cheaper in Enugu than in most other states I have been to. That's an irony i still cannot explain.

I have one shallow well dug in my house with N20,000 in 2005, and I have been using this well without maintenance till today, I have an overhead water tank and a submersible pump and all I do is flick down a switch and my 3 tanks gets filled. I have water running on my showers upstairs inside Enugu, and I have no borehole.

In a part of Enugu called Ninth mile corner, there are so many commercial boreholes pumping water to tankers, and the water is clean enough for drinking, Very deep wells supplying Enugu city with potable water, but government neglect, and peoples refusal to pay water bills makes it difficult for pipe borne water to be in constant supply. Enugu state water corporation has been functioning well, and there are parts of Enugu city with pipe borne water supply even today.
Correct Most tankers buy from ninth mile and supply to other parts of Enugu, sadly pipe borne water supply is only to few parts of the town, i know achara layout. even in those places is not even well circulated, it run in this compound and won't run in the next compound. i miss 042 sha

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
kopell:
One thing no one can’t take away from you is investments in tools to make the job easiest for your workers. If you don’t mind how much does this circular saw cost, how long does it work when fully charged, I’m thinking of getting one for myself. The brand please,
Thanks

Brand & Model: Worx Nitro Cordless Circular Saw.

I’ve not put it to test but it come with 4.0 Amp intelligent lithium battery

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
In another news

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
We are back on this site @ Lekki
Electrical
Cctv
Intercom

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
UC92:

Some parts of IMO state take as much as 750k for borehole.
Last year I did one in Nkwerre L.G.A and another one at Anara Isiala Mbano.
The areas you might do it below 300k is Owerri and Mbaise.

Mine was done for #980k Jan this year in Imo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
sonnie10:

Which category will this pricing fall? Ballooned or overinflated pro max grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
n3xt:

Which category will this pricing fall? Ballooned or overinflated pro max grin grin
The price is ok considering the area . Between orlu and ihiala. They have been using it since then without any issue. Most boreholes they did around there failed to function after few months.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
sonnie10:

The price is ok considering the area . Between orlu and ihiala. They have been using it since then without any issue. Most boreholes they did around there fall to function after a few months.

I understand you quite well sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
n3xt:

I understand you quite well sir.

But that is not the whole story. They guy just did only the borehole and said price did not include cable, tank switch. I don’t know if that is the normal practice. All those came at additional cost. We moved!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
twinskenny:
In another news

So the ikoyi building was initially design for just 6 floor?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
sonnie10:

oga mi make I come run your tank stand sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
Every thing metal work is already reserved for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
Sharp Guy.
Kudos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
UC92:

Sharp Guy.
Kudos.
oga mi, I work hard and legit. If I no sharp, I don't know what else I get
sonnie10:

Every thing metal work is already reserved for you
thank you oga mi. We will deliver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls I need unit price for casement windows or sliding windows for the following window sizes.

1200 x 1200
1500 x 1200
600 x 700
900 x 900.

Also price can be included for toilet/bathroom doors.

Also, I need advice on negotiating the below price with my bricklayer for plastering. He gave me the below prices for his job.

Quotation Plaster:
Labour for plastering of decking #125,000
Labour for plastering of inside and outside the house is #265,000
Labour for cymbal is #40,000
Labour for fixing of burglary proof is #25,000

Work to be done is in 1 x 2bedroom, 2 x 1bedrom and a room self contain including toilet and kitchen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
sonnie10:

https://www.nairaland.com/6518103/country-home-design-construction-swimming/1#101391231

This thread on dennis3d. his client spent 2.4m for borehole at enugu....enugu is Very tough place to get water....same for some places in Anambra like my town..

My village house anambra spent almost 1,6m to get water.....very tough terrain ...aba 210, anambra 1,6....if you don't trust people on ground or have an idea...one would think something is off..lol

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
debeey87:
Pls I need unit price for casement windows or sliding windows for the following window sizes.

1200 x 1200
1500 x 1200
600 x 700
900 x 900.

Also price can be included for toilet/bathroom doors.

Also, I need advice on negotiating the below price with my bricklayer for plastering. He gave me the below prices for his job.

Quotation Plaster:
Labour for plastering of decking #125,000
Labour for plastering of inside and outside the house is #265,000
Labour for cymbal is #40,000
Labour for fixing of burglary proof is #25,000

Work to be done is in 1 x 2bedroom, 2 x 1bedrom and a room self contain including toilet and kitchen
Casement window with net
1200 x 1200-38k
1500 x 1200-47k
600 x 700-20k
900 x 900-28k

Sliding window with permanent net
1200 x 1200-27k
1500 x 1200-35k
600 x 700--8k
900 x 900-14k

Toilet door
750 x 2100-28k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
Gud evening here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Casement window with net
1200 x 1200-38k
1500 x 1200-47k
600 x 700-20k
900 x 900-28k

Sliding window with permanent net
1200 x 1200-27k
1500 x 1200-35k
600 x 700--8k
900 x 900-14k

Toilet door
750 x 2100-28k
Thanks

Thanks for this. What is the make of the casement windows?

Have you got the one with burglary? How does that change the price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:58am On Nov 17, 2021
dongc:

https://www.nairaland.com/6518103/country-home-design-construction-swimming/1#101391231

On this thread dennis3d his client spent 2.4m for borehole at enugu....enugu is Very stuff place to get water....same for some places in Anambra like my town..

My village house anambra spent almost 1,6m to get water.....very tough terrain ...aba 210, anambra 1,6....if you don't trust people on ground or have an idea...one would think something is off..lol

Wetin Musa no go see for nairaland properties.

Person wey go sell clothe for another person, na the one wey dey hin body we go look.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 3:16am On Nov 17, 2021
n3xt:

Wetin Musa no go see for nairaland properties.

Person wey go sell clothe for another person, na the one wey dey hin body we go look.

Owerri 150k

(1) (2) (3) ... (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kkonsults, diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.