Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4372413 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
n3xt:

Bogije, Lagos: 120k for drilling with pump, installation and profit grin

It’s also called Borehole.

_____

I did a couple of borehole around Ibeju Lekki - Eleko axis between 120 - 140k this year while I drilled a borehole in 2013 with 500k and we got no water

I did shallow borehole in Lekki for less that amount sef. So different terrain for different reasons for the varying cost.

Always refer to geological survey, if you doubt the competency of your borehole driller.

In the case of Enugu. The geological survey has it at 200 - 210meters that we will see water.

And guess what, we saw water at exactly 200m.

The whole details is on the thread.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Lolall:
Builders in the house please weigh in.

At the start of my project my builder billed me for 215 bags of cement. I assumed this would cover the entire project (putting up a 3 bed flat that the foundation had already been laid and adding a room to the bq already at the back of the property).

However we've gotten to the tiling and now he's saying I need to pay 250k extra for cement, sand, etc to tile the new apartment. (According to him the tiling for the bq was included in the 215 bags).

Please is this accurate or is he trying to pull a fast one here?

Thanks.
Is your fault sir...
The mistake you did was that you didn't have a eye on sight to monitor the use of cement....
or better still you should have buy the cement yourself, store it.. and give the man in batches has the work continues....
These are common mistake builders make when they underquote to get jobs...

Solution.. is to buy the 250k next batch cement yourself and monitor strictly before he comes back again that you need to buy more again....

My 2cent..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
For your electrical supplies
Pipes
Knock out boxes
Havels distribution board
Switches and socket
General electrical fittings

Location is not a barrier but trust me quality delivery await you.

Thanks oga Roteck for your patronage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Borehole service prices differs from location to location...
With my personal experience on borehole wahala on this trend... I would advice any client that want to drill borehole to make use of the Indian rig drillers....
The go to any length you want them to go to.. and their charges is base on the depth you willing to go.. or the depth given during priliminary investigation by a geotechnical engineer..

It will interest you to know that they drill at a flare rate of 8k to 10k per meter... ( price including Casing Pipe)
Another advantage is that they finish all the drilling in less than 2 to 3 hours...
Another advantage is that they don't care the kind of material under the ground( Stone, coal, hard rock).. They break through all at the same rate above...

The only problem I see with then is that they don't do less than 30meter drilling base on logistics reasoning.... But any thing above 30meters ( 100feets)....they are very readily to come to your site...

I did 40meters for site and paid 350k... they finished it on 1 hour...

the same bore site I was charged same 350k.. and took forever for them to drill here on thread... God purnish devil...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
micgray100:

Is your fault sir...
The mistake you did was that you didn't have a eye on sight to monitor the use of cement....
or better still you should have buy the cement yourself, store it.. and give the man in batches has the work continues....
These are common mistake builders make when they underquote to get jobs...

Solution.. is to buy the 250k next batch cement yourself and monitor strictly before he comes back again that you need to buy more again....

My 2cent..

Your second to the last paragraph looks somehow( let me just put it that simple way)
You don’t need to generalize like that “ BUILDERS”
Do we even know if the OP truly gave the work to builder.
Where is the evidence.

I believed the client says “ HE ASSUMED” how can a client assumed such in a construction
Are you saying you don’t have written agreement/ well understandable quotation for the project?
This story has knock leg
Don’t just let conclude on a matter quickly like that always and try to bring down a professional that way.
It’s unprofessional to me oo
Sorry for this but I just need to say it
I come in peace

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
twinskenny:
For your electrical supplies
Pipes
Knock out boxes
Havels distribution board
Switches and socket
General electrical fittings

Location is not a barrier but trust me quality delivery await you.

Thanks oga Roteck for your patronage.

Yes o baba kenny from Lagos - Benin
Good and reliable pipe couple with good rate
Here is the project link / few pics

https://www.nairaland.com/6690499/construction-diary-8units-2-3brds

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nero2424:

grin grin grin grin
Zillow or Redfin. He was probably in a hurry to copy and paste.

You can easy do reverse image search.
It will show you the origin of midst pics
Thou not always reliable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
jabolo:

I made the same initial observation.

It would be a great shame if he indeed was passing those internet pictures off as his own executed works. There was a lot of interest and goodwill, at least on my part.

I hate it when this happens.

Anyway, I'll join my apology to yours if that's not the case.

There is no where he claimed those were his works and I don't think that was his intention. He was only showing random pictures of designs he is fascinated about. Why all the insinuation?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
micgray100:
With my personal experience on borehole wahala on this trend... I would advice any client that want to drill borehole to make use of the Indian rig drillers....
The go to any length you want them to go to.. and their charges is base on the depth you willing to go.. or the depth given during priliminary investigation by a geotechnical engineer..

It will interest you to know that they drill at a flare rate of 8k to 10k per meter... ( price including Casing Pipe)
Another advantage is that they finish all the drilling in less than 2 to 3 hours...
Another advantage is that they don't care the kind of material under the ground( Stone, coal, hard rock).. They break through all at the same rate above...

The only problem I see with then is that they don't do less than 30meter drilling base on logistics reasoning.... But any thing above 30meters ( 100feets)....they are very readily to come to your site...

the same bore site I was charged same 350k.. and took forever for them to drill here on thread... God purnish devil...

Can you please share contact? I was yokd yhey are better than all this local.. We have alot of them i. ABUJA but i never see anyone in lagos and i need to do a borehole very very soon

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
dongc:

Offcourse it's new for you...I am very sure you don't know everywhere in anambra..nawfia...took two try to get it done...
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
micgray100:

Can you please share contact? I was yokd yhey are better than all this local.. We have alot of them in ABUJA but i never see anyone in lagos and i need to do a borehole very very soon

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
>>

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
sonnie10:

There is no where he claimed those were his works and I don't think that was his intention. He was only showing random pictures of designs he is fascinated about. Why all the insinuation?

Very true, he didnt claim those was done by him but he said it was done for a Nairalander. The arguement was about the origin of the picture he posted. It has too many red flags, except if it was done in the �� for a �� resident nairalander.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
Before ‘n’ Now

Coming soon: After Pics

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
#OshodiChurch by NextHome

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
somehow:
A plot of land still needed on the major road (free trade zone) area. (Ibeju)

Affordable with good title.

What my agent sent, if it fits your budget and requirements do let me know. N.B I just copied and paste
If you desire to own your dream home in strategic location, good environment and excellent return on investment [ROI], then ACHIEVERS COURT is just the best option for you.

Achievers Courts is strategically located in Oshoroko village just 5 mins drive from Dangote Refinery.

This is yet again one of our great estates with close proximity to the Lekki Free Trade Zone Expressway. Achievers Courts is boost to be a 100% dry land and has the best title C of O.

*TITLE:* Oshoroko C of O
*PRICES:*
600sqm - N10,800,000
450sqm -N 8,100,000
300sqm -N 5,400,000

18,000 per sqm

*NEIGHBOURHOOD*

- Lekki Free Trade Zone
- Dangote Refinery
- Lekki Deep Sea Port
- New International Airport
- Iberekodo Industrial Schemes

- Elenganza Industrial City
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Dennis3D:

I did shallow borehole in Lekki for less that amount sef. So different terrain for different reasons for the varying cost.

Always refer to geological survey, if you doubt the competency of your borehole driller.

In the case of Enugu. The geological survey has it at 200 - 210meters that we will see water.

And guess what, we saw water at exactly 200m.

The whole details is on the thread.

Is the shallow at Lekki free of salt?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
dapotemi:

Can you please share contact? I was yokd yhey are better than all this local.. We have alot of them in ABUJA but i never see anyone in lagos and i need to do a borehole very very soon

Indians rigs have limitations, they might nt work well in a weak terrain. Depending on their configurations anyway
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
somehow:

I put a word out for you sir and I have 2 reply.
Please call this number
08028991675- Mr monsur
08128936242- olayinka.
They are saying they have lands there

Pls verify properly before you buy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nero2424:

Very true, he didnt claim those was done by him but he said it was done for a Nairalander. The arguement was about the origin of the picture he posted. It has too many red flags, except if it was done in the �� for a �� resident nairalander.
He didn’t say the pictures were taken in Nigeria
He didn’t say he has done any of the designs in Nigeria
I do not even believe he intended that anyone would assume so.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mrnairalandd: 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

This are available ones and quantity as of now

Ok i ll come back to you soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Inspired by Nature, wooden floor, bamboo chandelier, wood like sofa fabric, 68% wood design eco-friendly, environmental friendly too, interior design for one who cherishes nature.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2021
still here, check my signature

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:06am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:
Before ‘n’ Now

baba i will supply the roofing sheets, but i will like you to tell your clients @ oshodi to book down so the increment in price of materials will not after you and them, naira keep falling against the dollar and pound and yen and rand.

tell them bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dvkot(m): 12:47am On Nov 18, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Are you implying a total of 45sqm?
yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunpinky(m): 1:19am On Nov 18, 2021
somehow:

I know someone that wants to sell a plot of land about 375sqm around baba Adisa Bus stop about 7 mins drive from bogije bus-stop. The land was bought by FIRS cooperative society and it has a global CofO.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:33am On Nov 18, 2021
seunpinky:

I know someone that wants to sell a plot of land about 375sqm around baba Adisa Bus stop about 7 mins drive from bogije bus-stop. The land was bought by FIRS cooperative society and it has a global CofO.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:34am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:
Before ‘n’ Now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 2:17am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:

I did this myself though. If you’re handy, I can give you all the resource needed to replicate this (human resource and sources).

I only engage an installer to assemble the ready-made designs.

Cost: 450k

Isnt 450k on the high side?

I have another one on ground I’m using for my personal project. Replicating pic 2 below
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:36am On Nov 18, 2021
Nero2424:
Isnt 450k on the high side?

I felt same way too until I did it myself.

Size: W5100mm x H2400mm x D380mm

Here are the inevitable constants on this small project:

- 10 sheets of plywood (sawing and machine edge banding cost inclusive)
- 350 yards of tape (I didn’t do manual taping)
- 1 gallon of evostic gum
- 12m rope light and choke
- 2 pcs of hydraulic hinges (soft close)
- 2 pcs silent drawer runner (metal ball bearing)
- 3m metallic aluminum profile door pull cabinet handle
- polyurethane foam gum
- super glue (we did quite a number)
- screws and accessories
- french cleat materials (for the floating shelf)

- transportation and logistics
- installation and assembly

** Cost excludes wall reinforcement

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:23am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:

I felt same way too until I did it myself.

Size: W5100mm x H2400mm x D380mm

Here are the inevitable constants on this small project:

- 10 sheets of plywood (sawing and machine edge banding cost inclusive)
- 350 yards of tape (I didn’t do manual taping)
- 1 gallon of evostic gum
- 12m rope light and choke
- 2 pcs of hydraulic hinges (soft close)
- 2 pcs silent drawer runner (metal ball bearing)
- 3m metallic aluminum profile door pull cabinet handle
- polyurethane foam gum
- super glue (we did quite a number)
- screws and accessories
- french cleat materials (for the floating shelf)

- transportation and logistics
- installation and assembly

** Cost excludes wall reinforcement

wall reinforcement... how's this done?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:54am On Nov 18, 2021
Nero2424:

wall reinforcement... how's this done?

This is it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.