Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433400 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
KolaShangOne:
What do you think could be responsible??

The answer is quite straight forward though.

I want to know too.

There's an area in Abeokuta where 90% of the houses have cracks like this

And the possible ways of preventing something like that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2021
dapotemi:
After over a year consistently on this thread, i will be patronising a vendor from this thread... I have always been avoiding that due to the numerous, not too palatable issues in the past but i will buy wood and other accessories worth a million naira from hslbroker2....
He has promise to do POD... I have promise to pay him IMMEDIATELY.... My carpenter and Engr will received the truck, count the wood, ensure it's okay and they will signal me to pay... Hslbroker2 has ASSURED me that what he's bringing will be of utmost quality, not MIX, exact specification and i will be happy with it... I will come here to give feedback... If this goes through, then i will consider this thread for my window/door/plumbing etc... It's my little way of saying, Thank you to the thread and the MEN here, i always receive valuable info.

Good✓

We would be available for your interior works :POP design & more ....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Buhari of course.
{Sarcasm}
Why Buhari for everything that as nothing to do with him?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Good evening my Nairalander, talking of floor plan i´ll appreciate it if all the Gurus in the house can help me take a good look at this floor plan (still working in progress though) and share your opinion thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Gigaset:
Good evening my Nairalander, talking of floor plan i´ll appreciate it if all the Gurus in the house can help me take a good look at this floor plan (still working in progress though) and share your opinion thanks.

Which day you people will share contract openly naa
Abii bawoo

We need money We are tired of checking quotation and drawing here.

Anyway since the drawing is yet to finished let’s see your last drawing then we shall check it together

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
grin grin we are working towards that sir, actually this is the final one just wanted to hear the Gurus opinion
rotecch77:

Which day you people will share contract openly naa
Abii bawoo

We need money We are tired of checking quotation and drawing here.

Anyway since the drawing is yet to finished let’s see your last drawing then we shall check it together
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mrnairalandd: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

8,000 per square meters
Quantity prices 7,800 per square meters

I don’t get it, is it 8,000 or 7,800 per pack of 7pieces?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
sonnie10:

You know that story is fake except you have a crack either at the pipe, open vents, collection chambers or soakway. It is even more impossible upstairs.
Again, who neglects their broken pipes such that the hole is big enough to fit a snake and continues to use the toilet?

Snake can make its way into a house during construction and you may not notice it at all

There was a day we killed 3 snakes in my parents bathroom (all within an hour). Apparently, they snakes have been living inside the hollow block before they moved into the house 2 and half decades ago.

That’s why:

>> It’s good to do DPC (German Floor) in new builds.
>> It’s also good to have chained lintel done on the building envelope to prevent creepy animals from gaining access into the building.
>> Leaving exposed openings and holes unattended is bad.
>> It’s good to maintain clean environment
>> It’s good fumigate before moving into a new house especially your ceiling

Snake can stay in a house with you for years without you noticing

_____

There was a time I found a snake inside my electrical draw box. Picture below

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Ejire, the matter ehn. I no even dey go toilet at night again. My madam dey try wake me to follow her but I no dey gree. I fake deep sleep.
you are funny, no be small things life sweet grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
you are funny, no be small things life sweet grin

My brother life sweet o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

My brother life sweet o.
seriously but be like said sweet you pass me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
sonnie10:

You know that story is fake except you have a crack either at the pipe, open vents, collection chambers or soakway. It is even more impossible upstairs.
Again, who neglects their broken pipes such that the hole is big enough to fit a snake and continues to use the toilet?
when we moved in to our house newly… we woke up one morning and found two snake in the sitting room… scary stuff. They get in during construction and despite the fact that we fumigate..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
Oshòdì Church | Extreme Makeover Project

>> Pic 1&2 | Ongoing
>> Pic 3&4 | Inspiration

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Living Wall | Inspiration

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
kopell:
Why Buhari for everything that as nothing to do with him?

The thing don tire me sef, even a man that can not take care of himself & continue producing children with his wife will still blame Buhari.

if a woman cheats on her husband, she will also blame Buhari. ❌

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
Driveway Gate Automation | Ilé Ode 1

>> next

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Also this is Nigeria, sometimes not drawing attention to ones self is part of survival.

To each his own.

cheesy Egun with another POV

TBH, kinda true tho.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
mufutau55:

EgungunMaster... we all like good stuffs o, but money nah the killer... I personally don't have it. I keep saying that.
But I like good stuff o... smiley

Hajji M.
smile, u don't kee,? My boss
It's A NO
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
mufutau55:

EgungunMaster... we all like good stuffs o, but money nah the killer... I personally don't have it. I keep saying that.
But I like good stuff o... smiley

Hajji M.
smile, u don't have kee,?boss man,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
On the issue of drawing attention to self.

Do high walls really provide extra security? Don't high walls without more provide cover for bad guys to perform their bad magic unnoticed?

I read somewhere that low walls can actually improve security because bad guys would be worried about being seen by the neighbors or passersby.

I am seriously considering very low see through front walls but high side and back walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Do high walls really provide extra security? Don't high walls without more provide cover for bad guys to perform their bad magic unnoticed?

I read somewhere that low walls can actually improve security because bad guys would be worried about being seen by the neighbors or passersby.

I am seriously considering very low see through front walls but high side and back walls
we're not doing high walls to prevent bad guys but to suffer them a bit before they get into our home.

Say he sees my fence and starts thinking about how to climb it, that's more time I can enjoy my peace before he attacks.

When it comes to security, it's mostly psychology. Thieves attack banks and armoured convoys so attacking a private home isn't a big deal.

So the goal is to demoralize them than to stop them

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
[quote author=Mrnairalandd post=107988654]

I don’t get it, is it 8,000 or 7,800 per pack

HERE

In one cartoon 52 pic inside one cartoon
South African bricks pack one cartoon which is 8,000 if is quantity price is 7,800 per cartoon is also one miters that pack in one cartoon
more question inbox me 09077504287

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Yes only if you didn’’t use Naija’s N200 naira block that can be broken with a N1,200 hammer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
Mrnairalandd:

I don’t get it, is it 8,000 or 7,800 per pack
Yes sir which is 52pieces in one cartoon 8,000 quantity price 7,800
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

200,000 materials inclusive... U are not buying any materials.
How many numbers of apartments this serve, how big can it be in size. If you don’t mind post some of your jobs here for us to see.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Ejire, the matter ehn. I no even dey go toilet at night again. My madam dey try wake me to follow her but I no dey gree. I fake deep sleep.
Haba Egun Americana fake sleep, because madam need your help kelode, you suppose to be the strongest pillar in the house now .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
We need 40 tons above trucks, to carry Gypsum From Obutung Cross River State, to Lafarge Plant at Mfamosing, Community Calabar, Cross River State.

Please anybody with helpful information should do so. Thanks �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
GS its a german product . Google it
I went to Spar Victoria Island and i saw 350k for inbuilt hob . I quickly went to work .
FEGEITOK:

Brand name? if you don't mind? the ones I saw here were in the 200s but were solid global names
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
Enyinne:
GS its a german product . Google it
I went to Spar Victoria Island and i saw 350k for inbuilt hob . I quickly went to work .

I really appreciate this information
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
Adedward:
smile, u don't kee,? My boss
It's A NO

Yoruba says... "Oto lowo, oto ni Iyi".
Enyin agbalagba, toto, o sebi owe o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello,

Did you have to go to shagamu for your CDK procurement?

Pls share if you have any contact person or rep that services Lagos orders.

Thanks

Zero 906 268 485 eight

Ben

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:25am On Nov 27, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kebliss(m), lorhema(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.