Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397259 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:54am On Dec 16, 2021
sonnie10:

What you have to always remember in a faceless forum like this is that some people here are under covers trying to rope unsuspecting people into their trap. That is how bad the world is now.
At the end of the day, when they start dealing with their victim, they won’t say it was an entrapment.

The bolded part is so true.

People will be laughing at you while scheming your downfall.

I was the one who felt visiting the market to pick some tiles is a big no for me. I’m still the same person who sent someone to go to the market to check what’s available and how to wrap up the deal even though I didn’t feel too good that the seller insisted I should send someone.

I had to put myself in the shoes of the seller and meet him halfway with solution instead of sticking to my guns claiming customer is always right.
There are times we need to bend the rules just to achieve our lifelong dreams.

_________

I’m about to break a new ground and we’ve been working hard on the preliminaries and how to clear off rubbles off the site.
The client approached me and asked us to give the rubbles out for free and even offer to pay stipend to those who come to pack it.

That’s how things should run and not to start claiming “Didn’t you see the rubbles before you took the job?”

These are one of the major reasons projects hit the brick when we’re unwilling to make few compromises and bend the curve.

If you have a right and claim it too much, it’d eventually cost you a lot more.

If you’re having the right of way and you see an oncoming vehicle speeding in your direction, making a shift/stop to allow the incoming vehicle pass doesn’t make you stupid but you did what you did in order to prevent irreplaceable loss

rmx:

@ next , your people delivered

Eventually went with them

I wasn’t surprised to read this from you that you went back to them despite all the odds stacked against them because that’s what successful people do. They bend over backwards when progressive decisions are to be made.

Shockingly sir, despite buying goods running into several millions from those guys they don’t even know me as a person. Neither can I identify any of the guys I’ve been dealing with over the years.

I deal with them because I love their business strategy and I’m happy to recommend them to my positive connections.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:06am On Dec 16, 2021
The best things in life don’t come easy, but those things are the ones worth the sacrifice

Let me share a bit of my Chateau Story for the fresh starters.

The truth is success is not easy. Hardwork, dedication and resilience are some of the key ingredients to achieving success.

When I picked the land to build, I told the agent what I wanted and he gave it to me. I wanted a land in a very peaceful community that I can shape into something I wanted.

Few days into construction, a strong politician came and claimed my plot is in the middle of the road leading to his house which is third house to mine. The next plot to mine belongs to a retired army Colonel.

I decided to approach the agent to talk to Colonel to see if I can buy the plot to create a new access road into the plot to serve me and my neighbour.

We eventually reach a compromise and I had to buy the 5th plot for the colonel which is quite larger than the plot taken from him.
I went ahead to approach a friend who had over 1 acre of land on the proposed new road to give some setback to allow us create a new road. He eventually gave out ones and half plot to create the road. I gave out half plot.

To ensure no one build on the proposed new road because I’m the first person in the community, I decided to grade a 2km road, install 7 electricity poles including wires; setup boundary lines and worked with landowners to properly delineate the plots on the street so that no one build past the boundary.

About this same time last year, we recently dredged a 2km stream for flood control and to aid free flow of water.
In January 2021, I facilitated the procurement and installation of a 500kva transformer from my positive connections on installment and we got it commissioned late September.

All these were done to achieve a beautiful home of my dream.

I could start by complaining the seller is a fraud. He sold me a land without a road. I’ll show him the stuffs I’m made off because I’m not stupid.

I decided to have fun with the experiences. I’m sure it’s an experience many homeowners can’t share grin

You can either make a difference or make noise/excuse. You can’t make both.

________
The Positives

>>> It earned me more respect in the community of over a thousand residence.

>>> I got additional 4 acres of land that’s only accessible from my plot during the land reclamation for cheap.

>>> We were able to build a better community where people don’t just wait anymore to do what’s right and just.
Last year a young guy that I’ve never met spent over N7m on fixing the over 5km community road. He said “I’ve heard a lot about you” and even gave my street the utmost priority during the road repair work grin

________

In life, reaching our goals is not going to be easy but it’s definitely worth it

This is my chateau story.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:25am On Dec 16, 2021
n3xt:

The bolded part is so true.

People will be laughing at you while scheming your downfall.

I was the one who felt visiting the market to pick some tiles is a big no for me. I’m still the same person who sent someone to go to the market to check what’s available and how to wrap up the deal even though I didn’t feel too good that the seller insisted I should send someone.

I had to put myself in the shoes of the seller and meet him halfway with solution instead of sticking to my guns claiming customer is always right.
There are times we need to bend the rules just to achieve our lifelong dreams.

_________

I’m about to break a new ground and we’ve been working hard on the preliminaries and how to clear off rubbles off the site.
The client approached me and asked us to give the rubbles out for free and even offer to pay stipend to those who come to pack it.

That’s how things should run and not to start claiming “Didn’t you see the rubbles before you took the job?”

These are one of the major reasons projects hit the brick when we’re unwilling to make few compromises and bend the curve.

If you have a right and claim it too much, it’d eventually cost you a lot more.

If you’re having the right of way and you see an oncoming vehicle speeding in your direction, making a shift/stop to allow the incoming vehicle pass doesn’t make you stupid but you did what you did in order to prevent irreplaceable loss

I wasn’t surprised to read this from you that you went back to them despite all the odds stacked against them because that’s what successful people do. They bend over backwards when progressive decisions are to be made.

Shockingly sir, despite buying goods running into several millions from those guys they don’t even know me as a person. Neither can I identify any of the guys I’ve been dealing with over the years.

I deal with them because I love their business strategy and I’m happy to recommend them to my positive connections.

Actually, When driving your right of way is meant to be what you give (allow others to use) and not what you claim ( no standing of ground ).
The reason is simply to avoid accident which might end up adversely affecting the right person even more. Common sense right?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:35am On Dec 16, 2021
FEGEITOK:

So I did some more research, you can treat your bamboo for longevity

I always use creosote coal tar for my wood treatment especially when I’m using woods that are not meant for ground contact.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2021
In the spirit of openess, these doors are sold for 35,000 pere

Good morning everyone

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2021
n3xt:

I always use creosote coal tar for my wood treatment especially when I’m using woods that are not meant for ground contact.

Thanks for sharing your trade secret
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2021
diordaves:

uncleteeh wetin concern us with rifle for here? Hope you no dey confuse the rifle as paint sprayer because the thing look like spray paint gun.
grin grin grin
Not at all sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2021
sonnie10:

What you have to always remember in a faceless forum like this is that some people here are under covers trying to rope unsuspecting people into their trap. That is how bad the world is now.
At the end of the day, when they start dealing with their victim, they won’t say it was an entrapment.
Your words seem harsh sir.
Why such statement?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Thanks for sharing your trade secret

My trade secret

You can get practically anything you want on google
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2021
Please house, help review this plan.

Thanks in advance.

Don't blink...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2021
uncleteeh:

Why such statement?
There is this program back then on radio. It was called this life na teacher .
When a grass snake bites a child, guess what the child does next when he sees a rope under the grass?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2021
n3xt:

My trade secret

You can get practically anything you want on google

When a professional says this is what I use, this is what I have used with a lot of success it means much more....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Still on the finishings of this 6bedroom duplex
Plastering almost done
The approach view will have Tyrolean and special brick tiles ( watch out)
Last pics is the adopted design for the frontage Tyrolean

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:49am On Dec 16, 2021
We are bringing you foreign finish with details paid to attention to give you a premium finish at affordable cost.
Check out our recent machine sanded and paint sprayed application thread and interlocking brick painting thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6897792/beat-machine-applied-finish

https://www.nairaland.com/6897834/interlock-bricks-floor-painting

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2021
uncleteeh:

Why such statement?

I can't speak for the tone but he is correct, historically.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
sonnie10:
There is this program back then on radio. It was called this life na teacher .
When a grass snake bites a child, guess what the child does next when he sees a rope under the grass?
I got this, but nonetheless, you shouldn't have quoted my post with such response.
cool cool lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin grin grin
EgunMogaji2:

I can't speak for the tone but he is correct, historically.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
somehow:

Thanks in advance.

More public reviews needed house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ado Ekiti State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour: Black
Roof meters: =371Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2021
cool I'm impressed
n3xt:
The best things in life don’t come easy, but those things are the ones worth the sacrifice

The truth is success is not easy. Hardwork, dedication and resilience are some of the key ingredients to achieving success.

When I picked the land to build, I told the agent what I wanted and he gave it to me. I wanted a land in a very peaceful community that I can shape into something I wanted.

Few days into construction, a strong politician came and claimed my plot is in the middle of the road leading to his house which is third house to mine. The next plot to mine belongs to a retired army Colonel.

I decided to approach the agent to talk to Colonel to see if I can buy the plot to create a new access road into the plot to serve me and my neighbour.

We eventually reach a compromise and I had to buy the 5th plot for the colonel which is quite larger than the plot taken from him.
I went ahead to approach a friend who had over 1 acre of land on the proposed new road to give some setback to allow us create a new road. He eventually gave out ones and half plot to create the road. I gave out half plot.

To ensure no one build on the proposed new road because I’m the first person in the community, I decided to grade a 2km road, install 7 electricity poles including wires; setup boundary lines and worked with landowners to properly delineate the plots on the street so that no one build past the boundary.

About this same time last year, we recently dredged a 2km stream for flood control and to aid free flow of water.
In January 2021, I facilitated the procurement and installation of a 500kva transformer from my positive connections on installment and we got it commissioned late September.

I could start by complaining the seller is a fraud. He sold me a land without a road. I’ll show him the stuffs I’m made off because I’m not stupid.

I decided to have fun with the experiences. I’m sure it’s an experience many homeowners can’t share grin

________
The Positives

>>> I got additional 4 acres of land that’s only accessible from my plot during the land reclamation for cheap.

>>> We were able to build a better community where people don’t just wait anymore to do what’s right and just.
Last year a young guy that I’ve never met spent over N7m on fixing the over 5km community road. He said “I’ve heard a lot about you” and even gave my street the utmost priority during the road repair work grin

________

In life, reaching our goals is not going to be easy but it’s definitely worth it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaiyeoriestyle: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CocRP5CtMf8

Linda Shodeinde - family beach hangout + construction site �️�
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
MRFIXER001:
cool I'm impressed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Good afternoon my good people of nairaland, please help me review the attached quotation for electrical work for 4 bedroom duplex all en-suite. Is the quantity and price okay please

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2021
n3xt:

________
The Positives

________

This is massively apt...
The sky can't be your limit!

Just that sometimes you need to allow your client/customer have the final say!
Not because you're 'stupid or foolish' but for the sake of 'a good name'!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2021
Thenext:
Good afternoon my good people of nairaland, please help me review the attached quotation for electrical work for 4 bedroom duplex all en-suite. Is the quantity and price okay please
I think it’s fairly okay, don’t know how big your building is though….
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hello @engineers in the building , I’m looking to buy a solar battery abs panel that can power my electric fence for 24 hours electricity . What capacity can I get and the best product for it?
Any who sells here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2021
Laudbtc:
Hello @engineers in the building , I’m looking to buy a solar battery abs panel that can power my electric fence for 24 hours electricity . What capacity can I get and the best product for it?
Any who sells here.
your energizer didn’t come with battery??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
twinskenny:
your energizer didn’t come with battery??
There’s a box that came with it which is more like the engine by default and can be charged either with light or generator but I need a situation where it is connected to solar power for constant power
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
Laudbtc:
Any who sells here.
I need help with this please…..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
somehow:

Thanks in advance.

Don't blink...

The drawing looks ok,
No perfect drawing anywhere.
I will only suggest that you can inter change the dressing room to toilet, so that the plumbing piping system will be simple and lesser in cost because of the distance to the second room toilet.
( upper floor )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
Thanks baba I really appreciate

twinskenny:
I think it’s fairly okay, don’t know how big your building is though….

(1) (2) (3) ... (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m), Stamford007(m), BarrElChapo(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), zenith4biz(m), BabaChicago(m), Protein0 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.