Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391278 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zincce: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2021
yemi2plus:
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new here and this is my first post on this section.

Please who know or have an idea of what it cost to get a registered survey on a land in Benin City and what the processes involved?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Dulux and Oga Gabdexy quality and price are head-to-head..
Ogami, I heard the price of a gallon of dulux trade is much more than a drum of my silk.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
Yea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
The ONLY JOB you have is to construct exactly what you present to your client as YOUR PREVIOUS WORK.
It amazes me how we joke with peoples money here!!.
Will the client have contracted you if that 'thing' you call bio-digester was what you presented to him?, Did the contract refer to just the content without the outward appearance? If the outward appearance is a complete disaster why should the content be any different?
Keep posting and decieving people with pictures.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2021
gbadexy:

Ogami, I heard the price of a gallon of dulux trade is much more than a drum of my silk.

True o. Much much more.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:
Yea
AlphamaleTech1,

Is this all you have to say?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mediocrity and quackery must never be allowed to run free.

We are always wondering why this country is the way it is, yet there are people who find joy in being quacks and mediocre because they know there are like minds ready to wave the "please na" flag forgetting how long it took the owner to make the money being thrown away.

If you're an apprentice, remain one, if you're not a professional, stay away from parading yourself as one.

By the time one or two quacks are punished the right way, others will sit up, it's a matter of time.

Angels won't make this country better if we allow rubbish to keep happening.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
@Damilaresimon25 - pls. Before you talk, think! Why should I teach a professional hired to do a job, collected money! how to do his job? Or if you are the same person, why should I teach you how to do a job you collected money for? Just how did I tarnish his image? By stating a fact? Pls, I already felt for the young man, and withdrew my comments, don’t make things worse.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2021
somehow:
Mediocrity and quackery must never be allowed to run free.

We are always wondering why this country is the way it is, yet there are people who find joy in being quacks and mediocre because they know there are like minds ready to wave the "please na" flag forgetting how long it took the owner to make the money being thrown away.

If you're an apprentice, remain one, if you're not a professional, stay away from parading yourself as one.

By the time one or two quacks are punished the right way, others will sit up, it's a matter of time.

Angels won't make this country better if we allow rubbish to keep happening.

Rightly said… someone is here praising the rubbish the guy did… meanwhile he has different presentation in his profile picture

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
Jeff68:
@Damilaresimon25 - pls. Before you talk, think! Why should I teach a professional hired to do a job, collected money! how to do his job? Or if you are the same person, why should I teach you how to do a job you collected money for? Just how did I tarnish his image? By stating a fact? Pls, I already felt for the young man, and withdrew my comments, don’t make things worse.

Ogami you don’t need to will draw anything.. trust is that’s not what you paid for… forget those who are sugar coating it… if you can do a new one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=KelvinCoaster post=108584555]
AlphamaleTech1,

Is this all you have to say?
[/quote

I have alot to say but am just not in a good mood after all he wrote.

Well to begin with I will like to let him know am sorry about how the outward appearance looks like, I should av called a bricklayer to help me design it after have done all the activation and all, all the bricklayer needs to do is just to design the outward look very presentable. Bio digester installation doesn't involve two ways, we all use same materials and same same quality, there is no fake activation when it comes to bio digester....

Concerning the issue of casting or blocks, we make use of both blocks and casting during installation the only reason why we make use of casting is when the site you wanna work is very close to you, which has no effect on how it works irrespective of the method used as long as the blocks are filled with grandnites and cement mixed with water.

Am not saying am 100 percent right but all am trying to explain to him is that the outward appearance doesn't have any effect on its effectiveness coz most installer employs the service of a bricklayer just to help them design the outward look after all has been installed... The only fault I had was not doing so and why I did not bother to employ a bricklayer was bcoz this digester will still be below the ground level, unlike the ones have posted which are above the ground level.

Before installing any biodigester, I do ask customers if it will be above the ground or below.

But biliv me when I tell you that it doesn't av any effect on how it works, we use same activation which is treated coconut fibre to reduce the waste and blocks to soak the waters...there are no two ways about it, the only testing we do after installation is pour water in it and see if it filters which I did before closing and works fine.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=AlphamaleTech1 post=108585009][/quote]

Here is the last one I did after I left his site, am not posting this to show any sympathy or whatsoever but to let u know that installation involves same method, only the outward appearance will make the owner praise u.

This is above the ground level, therefore people will be seeing it day to day unlike the ones that will be below the ground level and not seen.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
Saw this somewhere

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Here is the last one I did after I left his site, am not posting this to show any sympathy or whatsoever but to let u know that installation involves same method, only the outward appearance will make the owner praise u.

This is above the ground level, therefore people will be seeing it day to day unlike the ones that will be below the ground level and not seen.

I can see you’re trying to improve your craft. Instead of using cement/mortar, kindly consider using polyurethane foam sealant in your next project.

You’ll achieve a cleaner and better outward finish with it.

You might also want to consider an interlocking design for your tank.

Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

I can see you’re trying to improve your craft. Instead of using cement/mortar, kindly consider using polyurethane foam sealant in your next project.

You’ll achieve a cleaner and better outward finish with it.

You might also want to consider an interlocking design for your tank.

Well done.

Yea am trying to improve and thanks for that.

Will try that next time and probably stop the usage of blocks, just casting.

Thanks again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Yea am trying to improve and thanks for that.

Will try that next time and probably stop the usage of blocks, just casting.

Thanks again.

If you need assistance, I can work with you on designing/achieving a more sturdier system.

I have some templates on ground for this already.

You’re in a niche business. Improve your craft and become an authority in your trade.

I hope I’ve been able to add value to you. grin

_______

You die the day you stop learning and trying to improve yourself. No one is born pro!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

If you need assistance, I can work with you on designing/achieving a more sturdier system.

You’re in a niche business. Improve your craft and become an authority in your trade.

_______

You die the day you stop learning and trying to improve yourself. No one is born pro!

Yea will love to work with u. Will contact you immediately.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

_______

It looks like casting would not serve the purpose here. Solid block is more porous and absorbent than casting.
With casting, water would be retained in the system and also the water retaining would have adverse effect on the active components reaction on waste.

If casting should be employed, it’s most likely going to be just aesthetics.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

It looks like casting would not serve the purpose here. Solid block is more porous and absorbent than casting.
With casting, water would be retained in the system and also it would have adverse effect on the active components reaction.

Casting is only meant to retain the human waste and not the water.

We construct 2 different holes, one for human waste and one for retaining water. The one for retaining water must be installed with the use of blocks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Casting is only meant to retain the human waste and not the water.

What will absorb the moisture from the waste?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

The moisture/water doesn't stay inside the Digester, it goes down into the second hole with the help of a filter and get dried up immediately as long as there is more than enough blocks in the second hole.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

Then the human waste alone gets degraded
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

The moisture/water doesn't stay inside the Digester, it goes down into the second hole with the help of a filter and get dried up immediately as long as there is more than enough blocks in the second hole.

Thanks for the insight. But is there not supposed to be an optimal poo water content for the fiber to work effectively?
Simply put, the fiber might not work well with too much or too little poo water content.
In chemistry, we were thought of equilibrium of chemical reactions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

With casting, water would be retained in the system and also the water retaining would have adverse effect on the active components reaction on waste.

I’ve actually seen the system before and know how it works. I fell in love with it at first sight but when I was ready to explore I could not find anyone to work with.

Maybe this is the opportunity I’ve been waiting for since 2015 when I got introduced to the system.

A concrete box would work magic. The brick and mortar version is just a cheap man edition.

________

If I’m to do this, I’d get creative with the cover like what I’m currently working on in one of my ongoing project. We are using wooden slab to cover our underground pool equipment (pic below)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

Thanks for the insight. But is there not supposed to be an optimal poo water content for the fiber to work effectively?
Simply put, the fiber might not work well with too much or too little poo water content.

Here, the fibre works effectively when there is little or no water remaining in the Digester, that's why the filter is constructed to remove the water immediately human waste and water gets into the digester.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

I’ve actually seen the system before and know how it works. I fell in love with it at first sight but when I was ready to explore I could not find anyone to work with.

Maybe this is the opportunity I’ve been waiting for since 2015 when I got introduced to the system.

A concrete box would work magic. The brick and mortar version is just a cheap man edition.

________

If I’m to do this, I’d get creative with the cover like what I’m currently working on in one of my ongoing project. We are using wooden slab to cover our underground pool equipment (pic below)

If this can be constructed, the mode of installation and activation will still be the same right??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

I’m enjoying this intellectual engagement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

________

I understand you aim for it to look presentable but my major concern is to create an environment that would optimize the reaction.
The amount of water in a cast system would definitely be quite different from that in a block system.
The question is which of them offer the best condition for optimal reaction?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

If this can be constructed, the mode of installation and activation will still be the same right??

Yes. My job is to make the exterior more appealing. The internal component/solution remains the same.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
sonnie10:

I understand you aim for it to look presentable but my major concern is to create an environment that would optimize the reaction.
The amount of water in a cast system would definitely be quite different from that in a block system.
The question is which of them offer the best condition for optimal reaction?

U still don't get what I explained above, it's not the work of a digester to absorb water mind you, it's the work of the soaking pit installed with blocks, the digester is only installed to hold the human waste and degrade it, absorbing water is never the work of a digester, so it makes no difference when u looking at the best method of installation considering what will absorb water most
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2021
n3xt:

Yes. My job is to make the exterior more appealing. The internal component/solution remains the same.

That's what I wanted to know, and am fulfilled now that I get what u trying to say... Now in the case of bio digester been below the ground level, do u need to do all this or u do this only when it will be visible to everyone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theanchor, sonnie10 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.