Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389904 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
twinskenny:
Seun is viewing the thread… is about time

It should be Seun and N3xt are veiwing this thread

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
DUNKA:
Has this been resolved? Any update?

@Dunka It has not been resolved.
Sezgy14 (Sam) has blocked me on the wats app and not picking my calls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
sonnie10:

It should be Seun and N3xt are veiwing this thread

Give Brabus that your roofing job na??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Iriruaga100:

Give Brabus that your roofing job na??

I know. He has a guy name Nnamdi who handles his SE roofing job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Tv walls
We are ready

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/53

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
sonnie10:

I know. He has a guy name Nnamdi who handles his SE roofing job.

Smiles.

Nnamdi handles 90% of my roofing projects. I don’t do anything outside South West anymore.
He’s currently roofing one of my ongoing project in Lagos.

>> Yesterday

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
n3xt:

Smiles.

Nnamdi handles 90% of my roofing projects. I don’t do anything outside South West anymore.
He’s currently roofing one of my ongoing project in Lagos.

>> Yesterday

Thanks for letting me know. Bids still open.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seun(m): 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Whats going on here? @mynd44 please investigate.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:

The boss man

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 12:06am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:
the Eagle has landed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by afope: 12:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Kindly advise me folks.. I have a 5 bedroom bungalow on a plot of land. The new bricklayer I just got wants to charge 100k for plastering the fence (inner parts on 3 sides and inner and outer for one side facing the road) and 170k for concrete stamped flooring (simple design no paints) of the compound (remaining empty space can accommodate like 4 cars).

Is this labor fees fair? Remember it's just a standard plot of land in ibadan..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:

Thanks Seun for the timely intervention. Do what leaders do.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 2:38am On Jan 10, 2022
n3xt:

I have never seen anyone as dodged as n3xt

You have all these heavy words been said and you are chill. You ready these words
Your Re calm
You are claiming seun should do what leaders do?

Seun will not remove you from the platform
Until you pay up

Haaaaaa

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:48am On Jan 10, 2022
Stevo30:
Good morning people. Please how much is fair to give these omoonile for foundation. I am about starting foundation work somewhere around mainland Lagos built and the community leaders are asking for 1millon naira. I could bring in military guys to stay with the workers until they finish the foundation but what happens afterwards. How do people here handle the omo onile syndrome.

The Entitlement mentality in Lagos is something else. Imagine Omonile demanding 1m from a client to bought a land with his money. Just to build, they are mentioning 1m. It's just crazy how Lagos has made this be. Very unfortunate. I don't even know what to say sir. It really pains me to hear this type of thing because I know it happens mostly in Lagos. And the way they talk about this money ehh pisses me off the most as if they gave it to you to hold for them.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:03am On Jan 10, 2022
emmyN:

You were never a mediator.

Hmmm, pls what was he?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:09am On Jan 10, 2022
twinskenny:
Seun is viewing the thread… is about time

He’s viewed many threads before this. Nothing will happen as usual.

Watch.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Stevo30:
Good morning people. Please how much is fair to give these omoonile for foundation. I am about starting foundation work somewhere around mainland Lagos built and the community leaders are asking for 1millon naira. I could bring in military guys to stay with the workers until they finish the foundation but what happens afterwards. How do people here handle the omo onile syndrome.

I’m just seeing this.

Omo onile settlement is location dependent and how grounded/popular you’re in your locality.
It shocking I’m doing a massive project In the heart of Oshodi, Lagos and there has never been any issue so far on the project.

When I tried to investigate how possible this can be in Oshodi, I found out the owner of the project is well known, respected and feared in the community. This explains the reason we were not disturbed by the boys.

The best approach that has worked for me so far is that I try to make friend with them and involve them wherever I can on the project - supplies, on-site work, logistics etc. When they chose to be difficult, I engage uniformed men to get them to listen and work with me.

I remembered engaging one of the omo oniles to handle all the sand supplies in the XL6 Trillion project while I gave granite to Chekitaut.

Omo oniles are necessary evil in South West, Nigeria. You need them and I know you’ll eventually find them useful one day.

Some years back, I paid some monies to omo oniles in Ologolo and also went ahead to give all the block and granite/sand supplies to 2 of the most feared member of the gang.
The guys that I gave supplies proved much more useful in the long run than the family head. I eventually end up giving him my dump truck to use for my supplies and his own business while he pay me my weekly return.

I know how many people I referred on this platform to the same guy on any omo onile matter/issue from Jakande to Sangotedo.

Don’t be too soft or harsh on them. Wishing you all the best in your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:21am On Jan 10, 2022
mountmoriah:
one million is a way too much, I think u should call the community head and tell him after fulfilling all the require documentation with them and government, you are not liable to give them any money, but you only want to dash them something and you specific what you have to give them, also inform their family head that there is a law in Lagos state that ban any exhortation from land owner or developer, expect you don't have your family receipt, you don't sign deed of assignments with them (the family) and you don't process your documents with government like having your registered survey, c of o, and your building approval, if you have all of this documents, if they try you too much just surprise them with the men in kaki, they will negotiate with u with like N200k or N300k they won't want to loose outrightly.

Nothing will happen afterwards they will only be saying either your friends or brothers are in the military, after all you are still going to be friends.

I'm saying this base on experience, if you are shaking for them they shake you to the ground, stand your ground, and those Lagos state government touts too will come with one of two document from local government, just give them something, sign and collect the document from them, your engineer could handle that for you, because if they know you are the owner of the construction they will be asking you owo odun.

Once again, omo onile issue is location dependent in Lagos state. There are areas where we pay as much as over N2m just to settle omo onile to start work.

Just to give you ideas, think “Magodo vs LASG“ What do you think could give the land grabbers the audacity to stand head-to-head with a sitting Governor. If not timely intervention, they’ll demolish the estate and nothing will happen.

I still have videos and pics from an estate that was demolished in Lagos. Even the house of a sitting commissioner from another state wasnt spared.

Both omo onile and government touts are necessary evil in Lagos, don’t be too harsh on them. They can cause regrettable loss on your project.

The most important thing in Lagos is perfection of your title documents. Everything else (omo onile settlement, local govt wahala, supplier tussle, labour disputes etc) are non-issues that can be easily overlooked.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:
[/b]Bosun/Brabus/Nexthome[b] etc is a incompetent quack and fraudulent builder who uses his computer and marketing skills to dupe members of their hard earned money by underqouting his bids and thereafter swindling the person who is looking for value for his money. This has been going on for over 10 years and counting and has made genuine and competent building contractors to lose jobs as everyone is wary of giving jobs to online contractors.

The Moderator in this section is totally ineffective and has made the quack to have a free reign in the property section. Please change the Moderator to someone who is willing and able to take the tough decisions as the fraud is back still posting his baiting pictures and stories for the unsuspecting. Enough is enough

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:39am On Jan 10, 2022
n3xt:

Once again, omo onile issue is location dependent in Lagos state. There are areas where we pay as much as over N2m just to settle omo onile to start work.

Just to give you ideas, think “Magodo vs LASG“ What do you think could give the land grabbers the audacity to stand head-to-head with a sitting Governor. If not timely intervention, they’ll demolish the estate and nothing will happen.

I still have videos and pics from an estate that was demolished in Lagos. Even the house of a sitting commissioner from another state wasnt spared.

Both omo onile and government touts are necessary evil in Lagos, don’t be too harsh on them. They can cause regrettable loss on your project.

The most important thing in Lagos is perfection of your title documents. Everything else (omo onile settlement, local govt wahala, supplier tussle, labour disputes etc) are non-issues that can be easily overlooked.

Please stfu we are sick tired and fed up with your useless baiting stories and fake experiences. Refund somehow the 1 million you agreed to. We are no longer swayed by your tales by moonlight which you use to scam the innocent. Carry you stories to your kobocity app but your end has come here in nairaland. [/b]Enough is enough[b] Seun this quack and swindler does not need to be heard here and you should not give him a platform to enable the fraud he has been committing here.

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:43am On Jan 10, 2022
n3xt:

I’m just seeing this.

Omo onile settlement is location dependent and how grounded/popular you’re in your locality.
It shocking I’m doing a massive project In the heart of Oshodi, Lagos and there has never been any issue so far on the project.

When I tried to investigate how possible this can be in Oshodi, I found out the owner of the project is well known, respected and feared in the community. This explains the reason we were not disturbed by the boys.

The best approach that has worked for me so far is that I try to make friend with them and involve them wherever I can on the project - supplies, on-site work, logistics etc. When they chose to be difficult, I engage uniformed men to get them to listen and work with me.

I remembered engaging one of the omo oniles to handle all the sand supplies in the XL6 Trillion project while I gave granite to Chekitaut.

Omo oniles are necessary evil in South West, Nigeria. You need them and I know you’ll eventually find them useful one day.

Some years back, I paid some monies to omo oniles in Ologolo and also went ahead to give all the block and granite/sand supplies to 2 of the most feared member of the gang.
The guys that I gave supplies proved much more useful in the long run than the family head. I eventually end up giving him my dump truck to use for my supplies and his own business while he pay me my weekly return.

I know how many people I referred on this platform to the same guy on any omo onile matter/issue from Jakande to Sangotedo.

Don’t be too soft or harsh on them. Wishing you all the best in your project.
we will not forget your fraudulent atrocities with all this fake stories and pictures. This 2022 no one will fall into your well laid traps. Enough is enough

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Greenarrow01:

I have never seen anyone as dodged as n3xt

You have all these heavy words been said and you are chill. You ready these words
Your Re calm
You are claiming seun should do what leaders do?

Seun will not remove you from the platform
Until you pay up

Haaaaaa
He should be removed asap. He will never pay as that is his modus operandi. Enough is enough

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:47am On Jan 10, 2022
n3xt:

You are a sadist and a psychopath. Just imagine the audacity. This year 2022 you must meet your waterloo here.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:58am On Jan 10, 2022
Jumyg:

@Dunka It has not been resolved.
Sezgy14 (Sam) has blocked me on the wats app and not picking my calls.
Too bad. This is another contractor that a searchlight needs to be beamed upon if the allegations are proved true. Sezgy14 over to you before this degenerates into another brabus/nexthome fiasco. Do the needful

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2022
Dennis3D:

Hmmm, pls what was he?
To all professionally qualified builders do you not have a council or regulatory body that quacks and frauds can be reported too for necessary action. Lawyer, medical profession etc have avenues where such people are reported and prosecuted as the case may be. You cannot practice as a fake lawyer or doctor with such numerous complaints like brabus/nexthome without you being shutdown.

This quack is soiling your profession and further even stopping you from getting jobs here and I think you that are directly involved need to report him if there is an avenue for such. Enough is enough

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:22am On Jan 10, 2022
sonnie10:

Thanks for letting me. Bids still open.
There are reputable and honest roofers here. Save yourself stress in this 2022. wink

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by artizanni: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Hello All,

Introducing Artizanni Ltd. An AEC Company here in Nigeria.

We execute projects in a structured manner that protects clients against fraud risk and the risk of poorly executed jobs.

Via the options below.

1. Escrow Account based milestone payments: We have an arrangement with Trustees (FBN Trustees, Meristem etc) where you (the client) enter into an agreement with us for us to build you a house here in Nigeria, the trustee oversees the transaction, you place the project funds in an escrow account created by the trustee, we then go ahead to execute the project. Once you or your appointed representative or the trustee is satisfied with the quality of our work, you instruct the trustee to release the funds to us, this way, you are completely protected. No Stories that touch.

2. Indemnity Insurance via Axamansard: We undertake to execute a project for you, you provide funds, we give you a performance bond, we execute the job, which is covered by indemnity insurance from Axamansard. That means if the job starts developing issues, we are obliged to repair and replace or ekse Axamansard will have to repair and replace.

Also, our processes are transparent, including our profits which are stated upfront.

For projects in Cities, our profit expected is 20% of the total cost
For those in Rural Areas, 25%.

For those in places hard to reach like riverine areas, 30%.

A well structured construction arrangement totally removes the chances for fraud, poorly executed jobs or stories that touch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 6:27am On Jan 10, 2022
DUNKA:
Too bad. This is another contractor that a searchlight needs to be beamed upon if the allegations are proved true. Sezgy14 over to you before this degenerates into another brabus/nexthome fiasco. Do the needful

It's segzy14. Not been active since Nov. He's probably viewing this thread with another username or as a guest

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2022
If the moderator is not active he should be replaced.

The moderator we have here needs to be replaced and banned due to his negligence.

What are the protocols to change a moderator? For goodness sake.

How can a serial fraudstar be allowed to thrive here?. Is this thread a habitat for thieves?.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Seun:

Thanks for showing up.

@mynd44 needs enough time to go through the thread from like September 25th down to 5th of January to get the full details of what happened in my case.

But for previous cases, he's going to have to check from years back.

To make it easy, a former mod on this section is here and can be made to update you with details of n3xt/Brabus 's atrocities from 2012 up to date.

Thank you.

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Good morning everyone, still your blessed.
NEW ARRIVALS 60by120

(1) (2) (3) ... (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.