Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389849 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) (2707) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
I can see that some people are easily impressed with "packaging" ,flowery language and not the contents/results of projects. There are over 10 disgruntled clients/ multi-million naira abandoned projects from the same fraudster builder on this thread.

The disdain for clients is so palpable. He is already boasting of having several new requests and jobs (inotherwords "the damage I have done in this case is not affecting me. I am already onto the NEXT project" )

It seems that some people on this thread do not also recognize the sociopathic behaviour which our resident fraudster exhibits.
Someone that has been on this same platform doing the same shoddy/uncompleted jobs and moving on from abandoned project to the next. Some people do not see this for what it is- Building construction scam. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

I am also in the construction industry. Every project has contingencies. Simple pattern recognition tells me that this is cultivated behaviour that has continued because clients have limited way of making him pay.

I learnt this lesson a long time ago...Construction projects are of the nature that a contractor has the upper hand because an uncompleted and delayed project is FAR more expensive than one that runs over-budget. Any contractor can decide to leave your project when they can see that they will not make as much profits as projected, or continuing does not benefit them.

What prevents this is a person's INTEGRITY/REPUTATION and signed contracts .
We have seen over and over again, the same modus operandi.

-Quote and sign a contract for a project.
-Be all nice and respectful until money changes hands.
-Start the project quickly showing considerable progress.
-Stop work suddenly claiming all sorts of contingencies
-Abandon project
-Inevitable conflict between the client and contractor arises.
-The other disrestpecful side come out (calling clients names, disclosing private information, refusal to resolve issues amicably, withholding of project funds, etc)
-When the issue has died down, resume work using pictures from other botched project

This has been happening this platform for close to 10 years.

From my estimate on the project in question. The client is probably at least 4 million in the hole, so he is being magnanimous to request only 2million

We did not even consider the loss of time/rental/resale income from the property (if that was the purpose).

I have said enough. When I have time, I will get the history of our fraudster builder's project history on this thread catalogued, so that newcomers can be informed and we can move on to sharing information that helps people .

Shalom

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
Stopthecap:
I can see that some people are easily impressed with "packaging" ,flowery language and not the contents/results of projects. There are over 10 disgruntled clients/ multi-million naira abandoned projects from the same fraudster builder on this thread.

The disdain for clients is so palpable. He is already boasting of having several new requests and jobs (inotherwords "the damage I have done in this case is not affecting me. I am already onto the NEXT project"wink

It seems that some people on this thread do not also recognize the sociopathic behaviour which our resident fraudster exhibits.
Someone that has been on this same platform doing the same shoddy/uncompleted jobs and moving on from abandoned project to the next. Some people do not see this for what it is- Building construction scam. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

I am also in the construction industry. Every project has contingencies. Simple pattern recognition tells me that this is cultivated behaviour that has continued because clients have limited way of making him pay.

I learnt this lesson a long time ago...Construction projects are of the nature that a contractor has the upper hand because an uncompleted and delayed project is FAR more expensive than one that runs over-budget. Any contractor can decide to leave your project when they can see that they will not make as much profits as projected, or continuing does not benefit them.

-Abandon project
-The other disrestpecful side come out (calling clients names, disclosing private information, refusal to resolve issues amicably, withholding of project funds, etc)
-When the issue has died down, resume work using pictures from other botched project

From my estimate on the project in question. The client is probably at least 4 million in the hole, so he is being magnanimous to request only 2million

We did not even consider the loss of time/rental/resale income from the property (if that was the purpose).

I have said enough. When I have time, I will get the history of out fraudster builder's project history on this thread catalogued, so that newcomers can be informed and we can move on to sharing information that helps people .

Shalom
shalom
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
rmx:
Proper cobblestone

Yep!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
Stopthecap:

The disdain for clients is so palpable. He is already boasting of having several new requests and jobs (inotherwords "the damage I have done in this case is not affecting me. I am already onto the NEXT project" )

-Abandon project

I have said enough. When I have time, I will get the history of our fraudster builder's project history on this thread catalogued, so that newcomers can be informed and we can move on to sharing information that helps people .

Shalom
Gbam this your analysis is spot on. Bosun has over the years done this to several unsuspecting clients over the years and unfortunately has been getting away with it. This case should be the last here as he needs to refund somehow before being given a platform to post his internet packaging builds for the unwary who think he is genuine.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Stopthecap:

Interesting!

The contractor didn’t leave during:

>> Foundation
>> Framing
>> Walling
>> Slabs
>> Roof Trusses

He choose leave after he has purchased:

>> Atrium Glass (even made second payment for the same glass after it broke that’s yet to be recovered)
>> U-channel and other accessories for the installation of the atrium roof
>> Roofing Tarp
>> Engaged roof installer to come for measurement and installation.

Sigh!

Do you care to find out how much balance is yet to be collected by the contractor?

Do you care to find what work was going on on the day of termination of the contract?

________

Let me teach you something sir. You can throw it away though but that’s what I do different.

A POP contractor here was once reported to me by a client that he’s delaying his job and the client is getting agitated as a result.

I asked him “How much balance he has left?” He told me and I told him “Let me speak with him in a language he can understand.”

The pop contractor apparently was applying a method that’s not working and didn’t see the urgency in the completion of the work as the client deemed it.

The situation was managed and not complicated for both client and the contractor. The pop contractor finished his job and collected his balance after I stepped in and checked that the job is satisfactorily completed.

We could go the other way and start exerting negative energies.

Once again, conflicts are inevitable in any construction contract. It makes no sense sitting at ring side waiting and watching who wins and who cries.

#mediation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2022

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
n3xt:

Interesting!

>> Foundation
>> Framing
>> Walling
>> Slabs
>> Roof Trusses

>> Atrium Glass (even made second payment for the same glass after it broke that’s yet to be recovered)
>> Roofing Tarp

Sigh!

Do you care to find out how much balance is yet to be collected by the contractor?

Do you care to find what work was going on on the day of termination of the contract?

________

Let me teach you something sir. You can throw it away though but that’s what I do different.

A POP contractor here was once reported to me by a client that he’s delaying his job and the client is getting agitated as a result.

I asked him “How much balance he has left?” He told me and I told him “Let me speak with him in a language he can understand.”

The pop contractor apparently was applying a method that’s not working and didn’t see the urgency in the completion of the work as the client deemed it.

The situation was managed and not complicated for both client and the contractor. The pop contractor finished his job and collected his balance after I stepped in and checked that the job is satisfactorily completed.

Once again, conflicts are inevitable in any construction contract. It makes no sense sitting at ring side waiting and watching who wins and who cries.

#mediation

Bro
You are doing more damages
Than good.
Why do you think everybody is on one side and you alone is on the other side
It cos this time
You are over wrong and it's visible for everyone to see
I for one have been rooting and rooted for you.
I have this plain mind that even a bad person can be good
And I am not saying you were bad before I wasn't here for 10 years
Let's forget the past
On this issue you are wrong
That's why no one is supporting you
Thais one no one is reasoning with you.

All what you need to do is clearly simple and straight forward
somehow I will make the refund of so so and so amount by. So so so and so date.
For Heaven sake.the client is not a fool
You can't be owing someone money and be dictating things
It is not done any where.
Like you are here saying you are getting so so and so project

But you can't refund the 1m or 2m of somehow
Koda you are even saying
You don't have money and you don't know when you will see the money.
Who does that.

Even if from all the contract brouhaha you are the right person and somehow is wrong, for God sake you admitted his money is with you and why are you not making attempt to even pay that back.

.you are just insulting the man with all your utterances.

Me that told my wife that you will be the one to build my kobokobo house

You think I will see all this online and still want to do business with you.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
MMotimo:
Are we on the next page yet?

Known victims as seen on their posts:

Mavverick
Yincalley
Babalose
Nairaner
QC1
Brag3
3strikes
Vimo3
Neophytemason
Jaydacosair
Ahonahoi
Dear all, see verified victim list above. Bosun ask yourself what has changed over the years? Clients be warned and go and read up the sad experiences of people who thought they were dealing with a professional and reputable contractor. So sad and disappointing as I has been rooting for you but a leopard cannot change his spots.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
Stopthecap:

It is truly baffling.
This thread was full of his fraudulent activity from 2016-2017.
I was also a diaspora person remotely (and visiting) supervising a family project and trying to gain some insight for our project.
from Qc1 to maverick to babalose, 3strikes so many nairaland people especially diaspora that he defrauded.

HIS TRACK RECORD OF BAD AND FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IS ALL OVER THIS THREAD

-Fake building approval
-Theft of material/fund
-Non completion of contracted work.
-Shoddy/defective work.
-No damp proof course(Building was leaking water from underneath floor)
-False structural work(cement bags in structural concrete)
-Insulting and calling clients names/broke

just to name a few.

He has never completed a job as contracted. I though we were successful in showing people his who he is, so they can be informed, unfortunately, another person is in a hole because of him. The first google search of his name is literally fraud.
has been arrested and docked for fraud.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/.

People need to be cautious especially diaspora people.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
MMotimo:
The post below is from 2016. Maybe this individual has changed, maybe he has not.
I have a lot of respect for “honest money “ i.e. people who work for their money without defrauding others. This post is for the sake of those people. Be very, very, very careful. Do your research and investigation(s) thoroughly before you give 1 naira to anyone. Shalom!

**modified**Apparently, nairaner should have been on this list, who knows how many more?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
n3xt:

Interesting!

>> Foundation
>> Framing
>> Walling
>> Slabs
>> Roof Trusses

>> Roofing Tarp

Sigh!

________

#mediation

Mr Fraudster,
If you have noticed, I have not joined issues with you on this platform since our last "toss-up" over 5 years ago (Where you lied unprovoked), but since you addressed me....

I AM NOT THE ONE IN QUESTION.
I am not fooled, distracted or swayed by your unnecessary words and stories. You can type all the words in the dictionary.

A simple and stright-forward man has simple answers. 'Yes' is 'yes' and 'No' is 'No'

Matthew 5:37
But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

I asked you some questions publicly on this platform over 6 years ago with no response.

1. What University /polytechnic did you study any of the building professions? (Civil,architecture,Construction PM, Building tech etc)
2. In the absence of the above, under whom did you apprentice and learn?
3. In the absence of the above, Give the forum a list of major projects you have handled from START TO FINISH with references.

On this issue.
1. Is it in question that you did not complete your job as the contract stipulated?-NO
2. Is it in question that there is outstanding work that you have been paid for?-NO
3. Is it in question that the Client terminated the contract for cause?- Unnecessary delay and abandon of work.NO
4. When given advance notice of your dismissal for delay and performance, did you comply with the client directive to submit a handover report for final appraisal-NO
5. Even for the uncompleted work not in question) have you made it clear on your repayment plan?-NO (you are already past due)

Amongst other questions.

Answering one or more of those above would be fairly simple

Please save your epistles for other folks.
I don't need It

PS. conflicts are not inevitable when people are straightforward. Many of your clients have been more than civil and understanding with you despite your uncouth behaviour

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
babalose:
[b]@Fastshipping.....The project started in January last year. Let's just say, I finished paying for carcass as at October last year due to several delays from him. I was paying in installment at the end of each completed stage but not long after the project started, I started paying him out of next installmental payment continuously. He told me the house will be completed in less than 6 months but obviously, thats history now. I paid last in december when Bosun Shoyoye a.k.a Brabus convinced me to pay for plastering and screeding since it could be going on concurrently. Till now, roofing hasn't been done. One story after another, he is so full of stories and excuses. I was in Nigeria last month and the house has lots of errors, which I don't want to start going into details now since he said has corrected some of them. But in all sincerity, i curse daily, the day I met him. [/b]Anyone that decides to consider him or give him a second chance like I have done and a few others have done, will one day write a similar story.[b]

Babalose[/b]

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
DrGoodman:

No, first it was the deliberat embezzlement of Ahanohai money which the poor guy paid you to build his house and so many stories
Next was the swallowing of Jaycondissair money in Port hacort while you chose to mess up his building and pocket the money he give you when case burst out
Next was a list of guys here falling victim to you as swindled them with ease and walked away with tens of million of naira
Qc1, babalose a list of other victims and you are boasting here that you still remain strong. you are strong now, but one day someone will be stronger than you and we go hear the story here. change your ways because crime does not pay. enjoy your christmas loot while your victims cry in pain and anguish. you are back to solicit for more victims next year. only fools will throw their money into the bush of brabus nx3t fraud scheme.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
somehow:

May you recover and rebound from the unnecessary wahala of our resident building fraudster

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
3strikes:

Baba, I have been in your shoes. You are not the only one who think people deserves second chance. I do too. Am sure you know Bosun have had more than 7 chances to prove himself but obviously a leopard can't change its spots no matter what........

Do you know it was this same QC1 that said I should give my project to Bosun cos he felt he should have improved......but He proved us wrong again.

Am sure Bosun is currently communicating with you via chat and will be feeding you things that are not even close to the truth about his clients, He did that too with everyone of us to get our sympathy......He will come back here to post all the screenshots here very soon. pls quote me on this in few months.

I have so much respect for your personality here online. but common Baba! Bosun got more than 7 different clients here on Nairaland who are not happy with his work and feel ripped off but you are still here advocating for a second chance for him? Baba, Bosun will not get second chance here on Nairaland....Thats the fact and any one can take this to the bank. people like him don't belong here. he is a FRAUD!

I really don't know how you make your own money sir. But for me and others who work tirelessly inside unforgiving weather outside the shores of Nigeria can tell you it was never easy to gather this money. And you want one Quack and Arrogant Builder to be using our money for experiments? Baba you not try at all o. you no like us at all at all. undecided

FYI: See some of the screenshot below. I supported Bosun at one point before I gave him my project. I even went so hard on people who were accusing him back then including Euromillion.I was of the school of thought that we all make mistakes, learn from our mistake and then become a better person as a result of the lesson learned.. but he proved me very wrong again.

#sayNotoQuacks. #BOSUNBRABUSNEXTHOMEISAFRAUD.

Just so you know..The respect I once had for you here dropped from 100% to 82% within the last few days and am sure most people are feeling the same way too......#uberfact cry

good thing is that no love is lost yet.....#noHomo grin

3strikes!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
yincalley:
l have agreed on your 60K payment offer.

[/b]The challenge is what u kept saying "u will pay when u have money". When u will pay is not define. [b]

[/b]l just hope u wouldn't find it difficult to pay 60K for years[b].

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
MMotimo:

Unless the definition of smart has changed, the bolded is hilarious.

What the smart people do see is a pattern of deceit spanning at least 10 years and multiple cases. Not limited to builds alone but expanded to manipulating/ posting photos with intent to deceive. I have highlighted a few already but there are many more photo stories that present a false image.

QC1 , you and somehow had an exchange back in March after I resurrected N3xt / brabusng / brabus’ history; little did we know we’d be reading all these just a few months later.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
freshvine:
I have read 3strike saga with Brabus and Qc1. This is my submission and I believe I speak the mind of unbiased members of this forum.

A. Brabus no matter the approach to PR stunts to remedy your Image and integrity the fact remains you still have dissatisfied customers. A man that truly works and end his money deserves maximum value or corresponding value for it. Becoming an attack dog to remedy your name is not the best policy.

The fact is YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE STILL DISSATISFIED.

Instead of mocking him or his sources of income why not appeal to his emotions or render unreserved apology and move on. We all make mistakes in life and live with it.

There was a time 8 storey building collapsed in Rivers state. You need to pass through the site to imagine the professionalism, materials put into the project but it eventually collapsed maybe due to structural error does that mean the engineers or the firm has not been building houses before? Who'll do trial and error with a building contractor with a multi storey building?

Mistakes happens. Put up a worded apology and move on. You can never be right all of the time. You were a professional in the site...calling land sellers or what not as witnesses is immaterial.

Meanwhile I follow you cos I like your concept and packaging. Your building and thought processes are futuristic while leaving others with modern techniques.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
For those who those who think this is not a scam concept
I will share an example of what construction scam looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR93DsMgRls

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
Concerning the issue between @Somehow and @Next. I will be blunt and straight to the point.

1. Today @Somehow is WARNING people to avoid @Next by all means. Yesterday @somehow INTENTIONALLY ignored the same warning here and decided to test the fire with his own hand. What does he expect?

2. @Somehow has been around here to have a first hand information concerning @next, what was he trying to prove by engaging @next?

3. @Somehow ought not to be in this situation he find himself with @next in the first place.

4. The saddest part of the whole issue is, some people, after reading @Somehow's warning today, will ;just like @Somehow did yesterday, ignore and engage @next tomorrow.

5. @Somehow, IF you can let go of the money, please do. As an adult,you cannot INTENTIONALLY put your hand inside fire and expect not to be burnt.

I come in peace ooo!

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
nairaner:

Bosun Davies uses the name BRABUS or NextHome on Nairaland. If you search Bosun Davies, you will should stumble upon his other victims who have suffered his fraudulent activites.

Surprisingly he is flaunting very OLD photos as his recent works and in a bid to entice unsuspecting victims. He takes your money, starts the job, uses substandard materials to cut corners and then STORY STORY STORY........mean project remains uncompleted and your money remains in his pocket.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
nairaner:

BOSUN DAVIES!!!! You are still flaunting old projects probably in a bid to further defraud people just like you have defrauded me in 2016 on my incompleted simple fence project. [/b]You still HAVE NOT refunded the funds you argreed to payback.[b] This IS 1 Feb 2021. I keep letting potential victims know YOUR fraudulent ways. [/b]Everybody BEWARE!!![b] He is good at packaging himself to appear legit but will not complete or deliver as promised. In my case i lost over 3M to him. He agreed to return it but forever had excuses. BE WARNED!!!! I still have my photos and petitions to post on here just incase he choses to deny. I still await my refund...You will pay it some how yes .... even 4 year on...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bosun Davies shoyeye

Brabus brabusng nexthome n3xt

Is a thief , a criminal, a fraudster, a pathological liar and a cheat.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
n3xt:

Interesting!

>> Foundation
>> Framing
>> Walling
>> Slabs
>> Roof Trusses

>> Roofing Tarp

Sigh!

________

#mediation

OLOSHI !

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
OnetimeOnly:

I guess this is the drama some people miss on this thread that generates pages without new learning. Our resident fraudster dragging with his clients again. https://www.nairaland.com/2690865/nexthome-official-complaint-thread/1#47418708

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2022

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
3strikes:

You are truely bold and you really hit the nail on the head.

I was the first person to challenge the elders on this thread and I told them how disappointed I was to see everyone of them looking the other way.

1. Lastpage / excuzeme grudgingly speak regarding the issue and honestly we made some good head way until Brabus started sleeping with the she male again...

2. Haaji mufutai as an elder I expect him to have openly rebuked him on this thread. Because he has not done so, Bosun still feel confident that he has the support of some elders.

3. I fought fiercely with Egunmoogaji oko afusa olobe iyo when he was openly supporting brabus bosun of Next home....but the story is different today. Sometime during last ramadan, Egun became born again and dealth Brabus and his empire one of the worst e-blow. Am not a shame to say it here, am beginning to have more respect for Egun for calling a spade a spade.

4. Fastshipping: I want to believe he is an elder too and also a fellow diasporan. Am very very disappointed with him. He is one of the people who doesnt care what is going on to others here provided is building questions are answered. Bros I expect more from you. We should be our brother's keeper.

5. Spyder and segcymoor, skimanski, aventure and abdulwastecx: respect!I call you guys elder not because of your age but because you are elder in this field. we know you guys are disappointed with the way Brabus Next of next home is poisoning the building market in Nigeria. You guys need to speak up. Pls reflect on the beer parlor analogy.

Folks,

If you are still wondering why Nigeria as a nation is still not progressing, look no further. Just take time to read this thread and you will understand. That change that we seek starts from here.

You see something, say something.

3strikes!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
MMotimo:
Brag3
Neophytemason
Ahonahoi
Babalose
Vimo3
3strikes
Qc1
Maverick
Jaydacorsair

What do all these people have in common? The above are the known ones who have overcome their embarrassment at being duped and have taken the bold step to come out despite being ridiculed by others. I am certain there are a lot more on and off Nland. The ones up there are the tales we have heard, clients of n3xt / brabus.

It is easy to say "let's move on" afterall you and I have not lost money to him. Let's move on but leave him to post here so that we can benefit from his internet searches and photos from other Builders' sites. For those in the diaspora who may not know, getting photos from a site in Naija is really as simple as walking on there to take photos with or without greasing palms. As long as the real builder is not on Nland to raise dust, the audience still believes they are looking at photos from the fraudster's projects.

I am embarrassed for the many gentlemen on this site who are professionals in their fields and maintain a gentleman mien in their different locations abroad but are very comfortable fraternizing with a confirmed criminal element. So, a group of men hang out together in a beer parlour (this thread) and award building contracts to someone in their midst who presents himself as a Builder (n3xt / brabus ). He goes and robs their homes but still comes back to hang out at the beer parlour with victims and non victims alike. The victims keep making noise but the non victims tell them to keep quiet and let the faaji continue, afterall the beer parlor is not a police station. Decent men would tell the fraudster in their midst that he is no longer welcome until he at least apologizes to all victims and refund all monies but you see the very typical selfish behavior exhibited here over and over again.

This beer parlor is where he lays his traps and lies in wait, exactly as someone said up there. But it makes more sense to the selfish brethren to ban victims from here to another thread far from this one, another thread with less than 30 posts in 2 months and leave brabus to continue with his trade here. Let's just pretend victims have no right to be hurting even though none of us would willingly gift millions of naira to a criminal.

Alhaji S. I noticed everyone is unwilling to call you out on this issue so I will. Why? Because I am Yoruba like you and I have no alliances nor have I obtained any favors from Builders or clients. My conscience is clear. No offence to any other tribes but I speak of what I know. To whom much is given (respect in this section), much is expected. Maybe I simply missed where you have asked Brabus to stop posting on your thread until he does the right thing but I don't think so. I have noticed your requests though that the victims go to other threads created by yourself and n3xt to air their complaints. Very interesting! The fraudster is free to post here and ignore victims but not victims? S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y? ? ? You have been named an elder here and would appear to be the most elderly on this thread but what kind of elder refuses to voice out against repeated injustices? Because the victims have not obtained court judgements against him? Because their allegations have "not been proven in court?" Unlike folks like eghosajohnny who can be summarily condemned? Alhaji S, what would the Naija community in NY think of your silence and deflection in the face of what is going on here? Rhetorical question only, no response needed.

Here is where I remind all those who are members of professional bodies of ethical obligations when posting here. Nland is not out of the reach of ethical standards you have sworn to uphold. If you work for a large organization, this is also the time to go check your employer's social media policy so that you will be guided when you post. Even with using non work devices to post on Nland, you can be fired for behavior and utterances that are untoward and which your employer considers indicting.

The bible says "be ye not partakers of other men's evil." A man reaps what he sows. For actively encouraging a fraudster and shouting to quiet his victims so that you can receive advice for your builds, do you not know you will reap what you have sown? Same people are surprised when others not named brabus rip them off. There are many n3xts in the building industry and each enabler of fraud will find his own tormentor. It's really as simple as that, just stating a fact of life. The only difference is that the fraudster that cleans you out may not even have presentation skills anywhere as good as n3xt. Some of the people building homes in Naija are only one brabus /n3xt builder/supplier away from bankruptcy. How many of you can afford to lose colossal amounts of money to n3xt without declaring bankruptcy? ?

N1.7 million missing on neophyte's Ile Oluji thread, N1.5 million on vimo3's site, major rework done on their builds by other victims, running into millions of naira. Everybody facing cost overruns because of one man's greed. Truth is wherever there is money, thieves abound. It's like bees and honey. Potential loot is a couple of millions on an average one storey building so the stakes are high. Why do you think n3xt is always here pushing plagiarized innovations and answering questions before the next victim or n3xt establishes email/phone/text contact? If he was able to recruit new clients on his threads, do you think he would be posting here?

From what I have seen, N3xt has an established pattern of premeditated large scale fraud. In saner climes, he should have had court judgements ruin him into bankruptcy by now because there is ample evidence to back litigation. In Nigeria, it is easy to tell victims to go to court aka waste some more money on a nefarious character but we all know how the system works. I'm yet to hear n3xt refunded anyone's money in full so I am not expecting to hear of any refunds. Career criminals never make any headway because they will never enjoy contentment or peace of mind. Building a house in the village cannot buy that, stealing millions cannot buy it, all the money in the world cannot buy it either. Look inwards, look around you and ask yourself if you are truly happy. You cannot be because awon apanilekunjaiye do not experience peace of mind nor happiness. The self destructive behavioor keeps pushing for more and more and it is never enough

From what I have seen here, N3xt is a sociopath, unfeeling, lacking a conscience, and totally unrepentant. What will be his end? Your guess is as good as mine.

For anyone still considering giving him a chance knowing all that he has done, you are free to but do not expect an about turn. A decent man would consider the disgrace he has suffered and seek to redeem himself when given another opportunity and prove his "haters" wrong. The forces driving n3xt do not push him into that line of thinking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
brag3:
First of all thank you for your detailed write-up. You definitely took the time to analyse the issues here (and in our country as a whole) and got it spot on.

As a victim of Brabus I have been silent on the subject for some time, not because I don’t have anything to say but because I need to channel a lot of my energy to completing the final phase of our project and get it over and done with it. For this I had to take sometime away from NL only to come back and see nothing has really changed.

It’s so funny when people decide to direct victims to our various law enforcement bodies knowing fully well what the outcome will be.
Everybody knows our story with Brabus so not going to dig that up. It’s all there for the world to see and unfortunately or fortunately will be there forever.

Some have even mentioned that some of the victims are fools because they gave Brabus their money and went on holiday while he committed his atrocities. Some will even go further and say that we wanted something cheap so we all deserve what we got. To those saying all this all I can say is that I won’t wish what has happened to us to happen to you but when you enter such shoes I hope you find someone to share your pain with.

Lets take a look at our law enforcement bodies and give a good example of personal experience. I have reported a developer to the police for refund of payment of land that has been purchased since over 6 years ago yet no land has been given to us. The matter was reported to the Ilupeju police station and the developer was arrested and locked up for some days. To even get this done we had to cough up 30,000 naira.

That’s further expenses incurred to start getting something back.

Now after this same developer signed affidavit with his lawyer to start paying back the money, the day first payment was going to start he (yes the same developer) took our matter to Alagbon to go and report us that we have been harassing him and that we have gone against his human rights and that he wants to bring a case against.

Lucky for us Alagbon saw through him and arrested him again and what do you know (yes he signed another affidavit) to start paying the money again commencing December last year. The total amount due was 7 million naira which has been paid over 6 years ago so we all know what 7 million naira is worth now. He started paying the money back only for him to pay 3.5M and now said he is taking us to court for defamation of character. He said we have been advising people not to buy land from him and telling them all sorts so he is now suing us for 10 million naira. Can you imagine this? What some people will try with you in this Nigeria.

Alagbon are now telling us to try and see some reason with him and settle this matter because if the case goes to court and we win they can tell the man to be paying back 50K a month. How long will that take for us to recoup 3.5M? To compound the matter The police always take 5% of whatever the man pays us so the 3.5M already got has been less 5%. So if at all we get our money back it will be 7M less 700k after 6/7/8 or even 9 years.

What a joke. Now you all shout from behind your fancy keyboards and tell the victims to take their case to EFFC and get justice. In this same Nigeria? OK o, lets carry on.

Brabus, Brabus, I will tell you this. The people advising you not to do the right thing don’t really have your interest at hand and I will you why. You see you are doing these things with some people in diaspora who for one reason or the other may not decide to go down the route of jungle justice. This in my opinion is why you have been escaping but it’s only a matter of time before you do it to the wrong person who has nothing to lose.
It won’t even be up to 50K. it will be something very small and you will follow the same route and try and form “I know pass you” and that will be your big downfall.

Only you and you alone know what wrongs you have done and only you and you alone know what you have to do to make things right but please don’t let people fool you into making you feel invincible. You are extremely far from that.

The hands of justice are closing in on you and like a number of people have said here, You won’t even see it coming. I can only hope and pray it does not result in the loss of lives but I won’t be surprised if it comes to that.

A word (or in your case a lot of words) is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
Taking quotation for roofing of this edifice. Labor only, all materials are already on ground.
Range #150- #200 per square meter.
Total area is approx. 800 square meter.
Location SE

(1) (2) (3) ... (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) (2707) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fabulous85, Bovijean and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.