Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401237 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Distilled water (1L×12 pack) = N6,500

Distilled water 25 Litres = N7,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Hydrometer = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N9,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2022
MrOkenwa:

I'm sorry abt that. I didn't know that you'll appreciate it, some may not.
Sure i will appreciate it!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2022
beebah247:

That is the result of what Next/Brabus has done and it's very unfortunate and shameful of him, because anyone going through all these will not be encouraged to consider any aritisan/contractor on this forum.

We should however try to mention once a while that we still have some very honest contractors and suppliers in this Forum.

For instance Abdulwastexc is the Engineer/Builder in my on going project in Surulere. We commenced in August and we are hopeful to roof by end of this month or February. My experience with him has been wonderful. Regarding his honesty, humility, professionalism, attention to details. Maybe at a later time I can talk about him in more detail because I think he's not getting mention and applause as much as he deserves on this forum, having dealt with him for the past few months. And I need to mention that I didn't get to know him except on this forum.

So while we need to call Next/Brabus out for this show of shame (he really disappointed a lot of us), we should also let people know that we still have some honest ones here. We just need to ensure we only engage those ones with positive reviews and track record of performance.

I wonder why some of you feel disappointed in Bosun angry. That guy doesn't care about anyone's feelings or what you think of him. Person wey tell us say him de busy swallowing wraps of semo as at the time his latest victim was here wailing and people were expecting some responses from him cheesy.
n3xt has always been a shameless Kleptomania, who will still come back to look for more juicy victims kiss. from what i read, he was on exile for few years.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2022
rajput4real93:

Were you later paid?
Bosun Davies Shoyeye to refund money? shocked user was never paid as that was part of the funds he was using to build his chataeu de brabus which was the only concluded build in his name and has been using that house to rub it in the face of his victims.

This year if he is not removed by seun and his moderators who have condoned and have turned a blind eye to this evil person not one build post will he be allowed to post in peace so as not to rope in more dupes. If he thinks this will tide over like in past years where we entertained him go and think again. I know you are seeing this with alternate monikers and guest mode just know that you have put hand for tortoise n***h. We shall see how it ends

Bosun e go red this 2022.

Enough is Enough.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 10:35am On Jan 13, 2022
abdulwastecx:

It's easy to paint unrealistic pictures and defraud people of their hard earn money.

Building construction is not magic and no amount of thinking out of the box can make you execute a 40m project for 30m (a tleast at carcass level). What you get is a guy without the most rudiments idea of how structural engineering works [/b]under valuing jobs that he knows will not work but still went ahead to do [b]because he has the intention to [b]defraud [/b]and run away with peoples money at the end of the day.

Contractor do have issues with client but such issues should not be as a result of incompetence or fraud and must be resulted mutually without being taking to the public. Because anyone using the social media space to solicit for work should never allow bad publicity that will sow seed of doubt in their mind.
Very true.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2022
seankim:

Wetin be thank God? We still have a long way to go in this country. [/b]A graduate of computer science with no formal training in civil engineering was able to secure a job to erect 9 duplexes at a go before he was booted shocked Him say the QS no know construction reach am cheesy[b]
The werey was even throwing shades at engineer abduwastec at a time grin . A whole engineer grin

You Engineers and architects have to come together and put some sanities into your fields. At least, for fraudulents people like enginiia bosun n3xt.
The bolded is funny grin and sad undecidedat the same time. Bosun Davies shoyeye a book should be written on how a quack and incompetent builder was able to con and seduce the building industry for more than 10 years and pull the wool over intelligent and matured clients over the years and further bid and win construction jobs over qualified and competent professionals cheesy

Gaskiya e no easy kam but the way you are persistently and consistently pulling this off is mind boggling. This can never ever happen in either the legal or medical profession.

Enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2022
beebah247:

That is the result of what Next/Brabus has done and it's very unfortunate and shameful of him, because anyone going through all these will not be encouraged to consider any aritisan/contractor on this forum.

We should however try to mention once a while that we still have some very honest contractors and suppliers in this Forum.

For instance Abdulwastexc is the Engineer/Builder in my on going project in Surulere. We commenced in August and we are hopeful to roof by end of this month or February. My experience with him has been wonderful. Regarding his honesty, humility, professionalism, attention to details. Maybe at a later time I can talk about him in more detail because I think he's not getting mention and applause as much as he deserves on this forum, having dealt with him for the past few months. And I need to mention that I didn't get to know him except on this forum.

So while we need to call Next/Brabus out for this show of shame (he really disappointed a lot of us), we should also let people know that we still have some honest ones here. We just need to ensure we only engage those ones with positive reviews and track record of performance.

I hope to have an AbdulWastecx built home one day.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I hope to have an AbdulWastecx built home one day.
Yes him and dennis3d are on my shortlist smiley

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:23am On Jan 13, 2022
vanbonattel:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Athletes at the just concluded ritualists World Cup being presented with their medals of honour grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6937304/fresh-human-head-lying-along

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2022
DUNKA:
Yes him and dennis3d are on my shortlist smiley

Thanks sir for the mention.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2022
abdulwastecx:

It's easy to paint unrealistic pictures and defraud people of their hard earn money.

Building construction is not magic and no amount of thinking out of the box can make you execute a 40m project for 30m (a tleast at carcass level). What you get is a guy without the most rudiments idea of how structural engineering works under valuing jobs that he knows will not work but still went ahead to do because he has the intention to defraud and run away with peoples money at the end of the day.

Contractor do have issues with client but such issues should not be as a result of incompetence or fraud and must be resulted mutually without being taking to the public. Because anyone using the social media space to solicit for work should never allow bad publicity that will sow seed of doubt in their mind.

i concur to the above submission... Underquoting to get the contract was where the problem started from.. Whether HE N3xt have a defrauding mindset from the begining.. i dont know.....

But this mistake of underquoting which clients thinks they are saving money need to stop...

When u see contractor quoting unrealistic amount to do your project... please dont get greedy enough to award the project at such unsubstantial amount....
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please can you help vet the below quotation. It's for black casement with 16mm protector and net

Cc @RockOfAgesAlumi @adeward @hslbroker1

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
micgray100:

i concur to the above submission... Underquoting to get the contract was where the problem started from.. Whether HE N3xt have a defrauding mindset from the begining.. i dont know.....

But this mistake of underquoting which clients thinks they are saving money need to stop...

When u see contractor quoting unrealistic amount to do your project... please dont get greedy enough to award the project at such unsubstantial amount....

For the project in question, he didn't underquote, his quotation was the highest amongst the 3 submitted.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
somehow:

For the project in question, he didn't underquote, his quotation was the highest amongst the 3 submitted.

HMMMM.... NEVER KNEW HIS QUOTE WAS THE HIGHEST...

But professionally, looking at the building on ground and the money spent so far on the carcass... He must have underquoted generally without him knowing...my opinion though....
proffessionaly... IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE... HE...N3XT MUST STILL REFUND YOU SINCE THE QS WORKDONE VALUATION CALCULATIONS SAYS SO..
I HOPE N3XT PAY YOUR MONEY ON TIME...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
Dennis3D:

Thanks sir for the mention.
Just keep up your current good and crises free builds. People are watching and taking notes on all contractors and vendors. The good ones will surely go places while the fradulent and incompetent will get what is coming to them.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
micgray100:

HMMMM.... NEVER KNEW HIS QUOTE WAS THE HIGHEST...

But professionally, looking at the building on ground and the money spent so far on the carcass... He must have underquoted generally without him knowing...my opinion though....
proffessionaly... IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE... HE...N3XT MUST STILL REFUND YOU SINCE THE QS WORKDONE VALUATION CALCULATIONS SAYS SO..
I HOPE N3XT PAY YOUR MONEY ON TIME...

Bosun Davies shoyeye a.k.a Brabus/ next/ nexthome /kobocity knew exactly what he has doing. Underbidding and underquoting is all part of the scam format to get the job, chop the money and move on to the next victim.

From where he started building a storey building in portharcourt with 6 inches while the plan called for 9 inches just shows you how callous and wicked that fellow is. Client was thinking he got a bargain but little did he know that Brabus cheaper quote was actually more expensive wink

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
abdulwastecx:

Building construction is not magic and no amount of thinking out of the box can make you execute a 40m project for 30m (a tleast at carcass level). What you get is a guy without the most rudiments idea of how structural engineering works under valuing jobs that he knows will not work but still went ahead to do because he has the intention to defraud and run away with peoples money at the end of the day.

You are the last person I expected to join in this bandwagon.
It seems to pain many that submitted quotation on the job and others that n3xt had a upper hand to have gotten the job and it's turning out everyone is aggrieved due to the fact of this fall out the clubhouse is pointing fingers. It's not a surprise because n3xt made mention of the quotation of others.
I'm only surprised that he allowed himself to get into this mess.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2022
money121:

https://www.nairaland.com/6937304/fresh-human-head-lying-along

You never tire?

You want another bloodied nose today? grin

You won't go and collect you own skull being shared in your community for free.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
somehow:

I'd really like to know what made you choose his quotation and can you be so kind to make mention of the names of the other 2 persons who gave a quotation especially if they are also our in house professionals/contractors.......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please can you help me review these quotations? I'd really appreciate it. It's for a 3 bedroom bungalow

First one is the quotation for metcoppo
Second is for steptiles and longspan

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nice recommendation! This is what we need so that others won't think all vendors are or artisans are thesame.
beebah247:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
bixton:

I'd really like to know what made you choose his quotation and can you be so kind to make mention of the names of the other 2 persons who gave a quotation especially if they are also our in house professionals/contractors.......

Are you trying to defend him?? Come out plain sir... Getting to know other contractors is irrelevant...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
bixton:

You are the last person I expected to join in this bandwagon.
It seems to pain many that submitted quotation on the job and others that n3xt had a upper hand to have gotten the job and it's turning out everyone is aggrieved due to the fact of this fall out the clubhouse is pointing fingers. It's not a surprise because n3xt made mention of the quotation of others.
I'm only surprised that he allowed himself to get into this mess.

What a shallow mindset this is...

So most people complaining here are pained because Next got the job?

So it doesn't matter to you he had 10 other previous similar cases flowering almost the same pattern?

Okay, what happened to the bad reviews he had in previous years? Those ones too were because some people that didn't get the job where pained?

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
KolaShangOne:

I don't blame the people/ clients.

Beautiful Internet pictures easily sway people. We all are moved by what we see.. especially for the first time home owners..

Bro, there is no way we can blame the clients because no one is forcing people to under quotes work just to end up messing up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
redgem:
Please can you help me review these quotations? I'd really appreciate it. It's for a 3 bedroom bungalow

First one is the quotation for metcoppo
Second is for steptiles and longspan

money121..... na your expertise be this .... grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
Something i have been trying not to say...
Most people that always fall victim of fraud are mostly those that fall for unrealistic quotation, I'm not saying somehow fall for unrealistic price but countless time in this thread, n3xt has never agreed or flow with price changes, he always proof to everyone here that he can get things cheaper no matter what.

We should always remember; no matter how long we live on this earth, we will live more than that in the hereafter, then we will give account on how our #100 become #500.
micgray100:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
Your sweat won't go like that, your money will be paid.
somehow:

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
vanbonattel:

Divorce price? How manage? grin

Thanks, I will make correction. It must have been autocorrect.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
vanbonattel:

Divorce price? How manage? grin

I wrote diverse sir not divorce. Could you kindly confirm that from your end also. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
bixton:

This person is sounding like grin

Olatunbosun David Shoyeye Brabus brabusng nexthome n3xt kobocity

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
Olatunbosun David Shoyeye Brabus brabusng nexthome n3xt kobocity

The crook has activated a few monikers to launder his image through baseless arguments.

Enough is enough.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2022
Abolarin91
Bixton
Micgray100

Come out you all, walk out from the closet grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc, kelvin1191(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.