Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374267 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by booz(m): 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
diordaves:
I just want to pass this information to those building in Ibadan axis and struggling with portable water sourcing.

See the attached photos. The company just successfully concluded a borehole project in Oluyole area. The total cost is just under 500k.

This doesn't include the geological survey. This was done separately. Some forego this aspect but it's recommended. The project is a micro estate cum retirement holiday home. The geological survey identified three spots on the site. This was handed to the borehole company and they settled for the site with the best yield.

If you are having water challenges, you may try this approach. It was successful. Please note that there are some sites in same location that the water table is a challenge, hence the need for a geological survey. There are sites in the same vicinity with no water.

I'm not recommending the company or speaking for them. All I'm saying is that the company just successfully concluded a borehole project without drama.

So if you want to adopt this approach, please do your independent due diligence. No money was sent remotely. Someone was on ground and the company's office was visited. Money only exchanged account when the company was on site.

Do your due diligence independent of this information. Or do your due diligence to substantiate this information. My responsibility stops here.

Thank you for the information. Please do you know if what they drilled was cased down, or just cased at the surface?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
[quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=109423019][/quote]

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2022

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
amosblisz:

What is the best mix ratio and sand to use for such a neat and smooth plastering. This your plastering dey enter my eye boss

Ratio for rendering 1:4
Ratio for plastering 1:5

But professionalism play here too.. reason for the neat job..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
debeey87:
Mr okenwa mentioned scredding will fix the cracks. I saw this scredded wall and the plastering crack is still very visible.

I appreciate all the opinions given.

For those building in Ado -odo otta, does the local govt collect any money for decking. A notice was placed on my build asking me to pay 100k for the decking

Look at structural
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
princenomics:
Please can you share a clearer picture of the chicken net. The one you uploaded is a bit blurry.
Regards
Sorry it just a random photo to drive done my point

Attached is the chicken net mesh.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
debeey87:

It might likely be 2 & 3 one you said. I have attached the pictures. Foundation was done well and we found more places sef
Just like most contributors have said
This looks more like cosmetic than structural

In addition to what every other persons have rightly said, inpurities in plastering constituent (sand | cement | water) can also cause thinline cracks like this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
Amastermovic:

fail to cast the btm reinforcement..

A serious structural defect.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
booz:

Thank you for the information. Please do you know if what they drilled was cased down, or just cased at the surface?

It's case down. This is best practice. Casing just at the surface stand the risk of contamination.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

You are right about the attracting attention part.
If you read my last screenshot response to spyder880, you would see were I categorically mentioned at the onset, that I intended to build a house that would “ pepper my village people the most.” That is the whole idea. Maybe a vacation home or for future retirement, time would tell.
No apologies.
What else does one need in this short life?
The house I currently live in is worth at least 10 times this one.
There are other ones occupied by strangers.

At the end of the day, we shall all return naked to our creator.

Congratulations Chief! I love this!

We look forward to you inviting us to the housewarming
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
rotecch77:

Ratio for rendering 1:4
Ratio for plastering 1:5

But professionalism play here too.. reason for the neat job..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please I need a sure plug for Cement to Iju Atan Ota for 200Bags...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Where is NEXT?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Sorry it just a random photo to drive done my point

Attached is the chicken net mesh.

Hello so to avoid cracks,one has to fix up this chicken net on the walls in and out then plaster, is that what you mean?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
kopell:
Smile, I like the way you define it' in categories, you're right about average successful igbos displaying wealth that they have arrived with high roof mansion. Very very successful Igbos with money bags, I mean money big money NEVER display their wealth they play safe underground. I knew some of them that have branches in Nigeria, have main companies in China where they don't display wealth. Do you guys know the card reader that Nigeria used for election is made by Igbo man form Anambra. You don't what to know how much Nigeria government pay him for that software. Yoruba man hummmm, don't know about simple duplex. I remember 2011 when I went to Abuja Agis office with my friend for land documents, on our way back to his office I saw people sharing money in his office, he work's with one of the big real-estate agent. When I asked my friend in the office he get 250k from his boss, I then asked for mine they kuku give me 50k that day after sharing, I then ask what is going with this money sharing they told me Mike Adenuga just brought and paid them 1billon to buy his neighbor house to make room for his garage, imagine that.
There is mantra in Igboland known as Aku ruo ulo. Any true rich Igbo that does not build a well befitting house in his village is considered an “efulefu” .
Are these people not successful in all standards?
From Peter Obi, Obi Cubana, E money, Orji Uzo, Hope Uzodima, Emmenike, Jowe Zaza, Fkavor, kanayo o Kanayo, Dr Godwin M,
Check the internet for pictures of their houses.?

It is a tradition. One that should be encouraged. Let some of the wealth come home.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
bolu1986:
Where is NEXT?

Lol,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
Born2conquer:

Congratulations Chief! I love this!

We look forward to you inviting us to the housewarming
Thanks. Taking another chieftaincey title on that day.
Any Nairalander in attendance will go home with the most current IPhone as souvenir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

Any Nairalander in attendance will go home with the most current IPhone as souvenir.
Chief, Mazi!

Drop location, we will all attend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

There is mantra in Igboland known as Aku ru ulo. Any true rich Igbo, that does not build a well befitting house in his village is considered an “efulefu” .
Are theses people not successful in all standards?
From Peter Obi, Obi Cubana, E money, Orji Uzo, Hope Uzodima, Emmenike, Jowe Zaza, Fkavor, kanayo o Kanayo, Dr Godwin M,
Check the internet for pictures of their houses.?

It is a tradition. One that should be encouraged Let some of the wealth come home.
you're not rich until "ndị ụmụnna gị" confirms that.

"O gbùrù efi enyero umunna ya, kedụ ndị ka etu ya ogbuefi"

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

yaaaaay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

I dey dia already... Na me dey front sit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

What about 150 bags of cement or 2 tonnes of TMT rod?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

Oya now, let’s go there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
amosblisz:

Hello so to avoid cracks, one has to fix up this chicken net on the walls in and out then plaster, is that what you mean?

Introduction of chicken net is more of a reactive than proactive method of preventing crack on walls

The proactive method involves

1)A good workmanship / supervision

2)Using the right kind of sand

3)Ensuring to remove impurities in sand

4)Getting the right plaster mix

5)Doing a proper foundation to prevent movement / settlement

6)Curing (to replenish excess water evaporation)

——

The only point when introducing chicken net becomes proactive ( is when you introduce it between the joint between your column and wall).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Willixo: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:

My fellow Comrade grin grin

Alakoba.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
sonnie10:

That's good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
somehow:

What about 150 bags of cement or 2 tonnes of TMT rod?

Lol. Only Oga N3xt can make such promise.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Oya now, let’s go there.

Non-alcoholic Hennessey go ya kpa

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Willixo:
Hello, can you please refer me to a thread for buying and selling of construction materials and equipment. Thanks

You are already here. Ask the people for what you need. Welcome.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
Qc1:

Alakoba.... grin grin grin

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fabulous85, sodiq961(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.